December 21, 2014 | 1784 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm in two minds about this product. I, in general, like some of the Aveeno products but this one not so much. While it did soothe my irritated, dry winter skin, it sat on the surface and made me feel damp (that's the best adjective in this situation) for the entire day until I washed it off. It has a flour like feel after it dries and doesn't actually feel like its penetrating.

However it works really well on my two daughters who are too young to complain about the feel and just are happy that their eczema is under control. May possibly repurchase for them but not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by acadia18

I think I've found my eczema twin (below)!

But, seriously, I need to add another review to express my enthusiasm for this product. I've been using it as a body lotion for almost 8 years now and it's the only thing that moisturizes my eczema for the entire day (as mentioned below, no, it doesn't make eczema go away). I don't use it as a face lotion just because it's a little bit too thick for that, but it's great for everything else. It's not the cheapest, but when it comes to skin I'll spend a little more money. Costco often has coupons for it (2 bottles for ~$13?) that come in the mail which is great.

OH! And it's GREAT as an eye makeup remover!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by taradrienne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST LOTION EVER.

If you have eczema like me, then you know what I'm talking about. I've tried so many lotions and they'd either irritate my skin, or just stop working once my skin gets used to it. With Aveeno, it really sinks into my skin, i can use it on my face and won't make my face all greasy, it's fragrance-free so it won't irritate my skin, and it just makes me feel clean, rather than dry and flaky. Yeah, gross. ]: But it's true. When I was younger, I'd use this brand called Moisturel, which was like $14! But I started using this since it was way cheaper, and they also come in two BIG bottles when you buy it at Costco! I've been really satisfied with the results from this lotion. Yes it keeps my skin moisturized and soft, and no it won't make my eczema completely go away, I'd need to apply hydrocortisone ointment on it or something.

I really recommend this to those with eczema, since it's a little more pricier, but it really does work!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2010 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

My old derm recommended this to me to use on my face. No. I hate the way it feels on my face! But...it makes a great lotion for after shaving my legs. And even though it's fragrance free, I like it's "smell". It smells clean. I'm going to use up my bottle, but I can find cheaper lotions that serve the same purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by maryrae

i use this on my face everyday and it has helped alot with keeping dry/flaky skin at bay.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Kiwigloss

I had pretty bad eczema all over and my dermotoligist prescribed me a chemist only cream. It was so bad, wouldn't absorb and left me feeling slimy when I had a shower. I did some research and decided to try the Aveeno moisturiser with collidial oatmeal.
I must say I love this moisturiser! It costs me a lot more since I go through a bottle every month or so and it isn't subsidised but it's worth it.
It goes on so easily, absorbs quickly and leaves no stickyness. I found it relieved my itching as much as it could have and calms my skin.
I will continue to purchase this but next time in a much bigger bottle to keep me going. I've also started looking into other aveeno products and will be trying the facial moisturiser and cleansing pads next week.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by choshinsei

Ironically, this helped me when I had the breakout from the Aveeno sunscreen and I had a RX ointment that completely got rid of the eczema.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by gummybeardrop18

I love this product I use it everyday most of the time on my face. My face sometimes gets dry and when I put my make up on looks flakey. I have been using Aveeno on my face for a few months now and it has helped a lot I LOVE IT!!~ Especially under makeup my skin does not flake any more. =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Worked well but took all day to feel like in sunk in. I don't like the feel it had on my skin so I gave it to SO

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by kate10662

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this lotion everyday for several years. I get dry skin very easily, but if I use this everyday after I shower, I don't have trouble with dry skin. Like other reviewers, I can get eczema if I don't use this. The price is sort of expensive, so I usually buy the generic versions, which are usually pretty good. The only problem I can see with this is that it can make skin feel slightly sticky, but I can tolerate that since it moisturizes so well.