Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

on 8/18/2010 4:45:00 AM

I've used this for the past 6 years now. It does wonders. I've used it on both my body and face. I use it on my body for when I need something light and soothing. I use it on my face for when I need something a bit more moisturizing but doesn't clog my pores (since my face is oily, I use a very light moisturizer - Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel).

This never irritates my skin, it's moderately light and always soothes and moisturizes. I love how it's fragrance free and not overpowering like some way-too-flowery or fruity moisturizers out there. Great for daily use (hence the name). It's not as thick or heavy as some other body lotions, so I can understand how some people might find it not very useful.

I love how much you get in a bottle (Hello Costco!), and the pump is great - except for when you're at the stage where the bottle is almost empty, but the pump can't pump out any more. In that case I twist off the cap and dig it put with the pump straw. Still 5 lippies though.

on 8/13/2010 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Omg whyyyy aveenoo..... you made my skin itch and very uncomfortable... =(( Not for sensitive skin types... I put it on my legs before I went to bed and couldn't really sleep because it felt very itchy and inflammed my skin.. IDK WHY!

on 8/12/2010 4:34:00 PM

Aveeno is a great lotion and I used to use it on my face in high school with no problems. But now, It causes HUGE break outs.

Also, it wouldn't be my lotion of choice for my body, because there is like a thick substance in it that makes my skin feel coated with something. I don't like that and prefer a lotion that sinks in.

on 8/10/2010 11:00:00 PM

Who doesn't like this moisturizing!? it's the freakin' bomb. It made my dry skin so soft and moisturizing! It's also non-scented which is also a plus. I love how aveeno has natural ingredients so it's not harmful to the skin, once again aveeno delivers.

on 8/10/2010 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For its price, I think its a pretty good buy. But for me, the product was so so. Not too moisturizing but does not leave skin still feeling dry afterwards. The one I got had a spf of 15 which is a plus for those who want that protection. I have never used this on my face and instead used on my body. I loved the pump until the very end when trying to scrape out the last residue on the bottom of the bottle. It was really hard to get the residue out and I had to chuck it. I think I would have like a squeeze bottle instead so I can get everything out. Probably will not be repurchasing.

on 8/10/2010 10:10:00 PM

Whole list of pros :) and one con
Pros:
- Doesn't Clog Pores!! YAYAYAYAY It is the only lotion that I dare to apply on my acne prone face. Also it doesn't oil up my t-zone area
- Repairs dried up skin :D. Even if I forget to apply lotion for days my dried up prune-ish legs is good as new the second I reapply it.
- Last for a lonnnnnng time. My skin stays moisturized literally 24 hours (as they promised).
- No fragrance :) great for sensitive skin!
- Seems to remove dead/ repair damaged skin :). Work especially well after I go swimming and the bleach dries up my skin real bad :( with skin flaking everywhere.
- 18 oz. lasts a long time :) and its price is very reasonable.

cons:
Made me feel guilty every time I doubted this lotion for another lotion (which failed to surpass this lotion/ wasted my money).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this as a moisturiser, but the smell not so much..

on 8/4/2010 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Aveeno is hands down the best lotion out there.. well, that i've found so far hahhaha. but really, it has improved my skin in every way, i love it. & also the aveeno lotion with sunscreen in it as well. i can just put it on in the morning and if i happen to be outside i won't get burnt & i won't have to worry about putting on an oily greasy sunscreen.

on 8/1/2010 2:31:00 AM

I totally agree with everyone else! This is such a good, soothing moisturizer. Unfortunately, Aveeno tests on animals, which I didn't know when I bought this, so I won't buy this again. A shame, because it works so well.

on 8/1/2010 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

This is an amazing lotion for those with sensitive skin and/or eczema. I love the light scent and the fact that it really does moisturize ALL day! I haven't used a single other lotion that compares to this one when it comes to the lasting effects. The oatmeal really is soothing for dry, itchy skin. And to top it off, it has a low rating on EWG, which means that it has no harsh chemicals in it.