Everyday Minerals New Flat Top Brush

4.6

Not tested on animals

Synthetic

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Seriously soft and incredibly effective with any powder product. Yields a slightly heavier finish than a kabuki. This is a must-purchase if you plan to try mineral makeup. You don't even need to use this with Everyday Minerals makeup if you don't want to! I prefer EM but I have used this brush with lower quality MMU products like Maybelline and I'm sure it's improved the result. I have had no issues with shedding or breakage whatsoever. I have washed mine with shampoo numerous times. It is very dense so it takes a day or so (depends on climate) to dry. Cannot recommend this brush enough!
Please click "continued" to see a visual comparison of this brush with others from the Everyday Minerals range.
continued >>

on 10/31/2008 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this brush! It's such an awesome brush for only $10 - can't beat that price for it's quality. I've had this brush for a while and I never had a problem with shedding. It works so great with my MMU and is also usable with liquid foundation if you're looking for some extra coverage. I do wish the handle would be a bit longer, but that's my own preference in general for brushes. I do have to admit that it takes FOREVER for it to dry : ( I sometimes wash them at night, go to sleep and wake up in the morning to find that they're still not dry. It also takes a bit to fully get the baby shampoo out of the bristles. But regardless, this brush is definitely a keeper. I should be stacking up on this just in case it gets discontinued!

on 10/29/2008 9:00:00 PM

i cudnt believe how soft this brush is, i watch so many vid on youtube and every girl said it was so soft, so i had to see it to believe it. the only thing i prob like is a longer handle

on 10/25/2008 1:36:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Believe what you've heard (or read) about this brush. It is THE softest brush in the entire world. They have really set the bar high with this one. Since it is more dense, it deposits more of your mineral makeup than your standard round kabuki. So if you want more coverage, then flat tops brushes are ideal for you. $10 is well worth the price and I have seen other similar brushes sell for a lot more and they do not even come close in softness. The brush is sturdy and buffs/blends your mineral makeup effortlessly. The handle size is the perfect length for buffing.

Spritz some mixing medium like MAC Fix+, or make your own (3 parts glycerin to 1 part pure water) onto the brush before picking up some minerals. This will help distribute the product easily than picking it up dry. This application method works flawlessly, especially for girls with drier skin but you don't want to forego mineral makeup.

Overall, this product deserves 5 lippies for sure. Would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone!

on 10/24/2008 12:24:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

LOVE IT~

on 10/23/2008 4:21:00 PM

I love this brush! I had read the reviews on here and read how soft it was, but when I still was not prepared for how SOFT it truly is. The BE brush I had been using now feels so itchy and miserable and I can't believe I used it for so long. My mineral makeup goes on much better with this, too!

on 10/22/2008 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Oh, this is the perfect brush! It's got the softest bristles which are neither too dense or too fluffy. Application is a cinch with this brush. You can get both light and heavy application using the flat top.

I got a back-up of this one, and if ever they announce that they're discontinuing this brush, I'll get the $50 kit full of flat tops.

on 10/20/2008 2:39:00 PM

This brush is really soft and dense. I love applying EDM with this because it goes on so smoothly with just the right amount of coverage. I just wish there was a bigger version of this so that it's quicker to apply my foundation.

on 10/20/2008 12:23:00 PM

I love this brush. Its very soft and dense, so it does it's job very well. I've really noticed a difference since I started applying my mineral foundation with this brush. Its very very affordable too.

on 10/19/2008 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The softest brush I have EVER used in my life. It feels AMAZING, even when I don't have anything on it I rub it on my face because it feels so good. haha, anyway and it's a DREAM for mineral makeup. It buffs my EDM to a flawless finish on my face; I don't know how I could have lived without this brush!

BUY IT! :) You won't be disappointed. $10, can't argue with that. :)

Popular Makeup Brushes