November 28, 2014 | 1549 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by catteys

Bad smell. I can tolerate it but i do not like it at all. The herbs on top look disgusting i tried to peel them off.
It cleans my face quite well but i dont use it for removing make up. I wear quite heavy make up so i must use cleansing oil to do the job.
This soap can wash the oil away which is good. But DO NOT rub your face with this soap. I did it once and i nearly ruin my face. I got red patches and my face was totally irritated - it stings lots when i put on toner and night cream. Luckily it was ok in a couple of days.
Wouldnt buy it again i wanna try something that smells nicer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by ctawfik555

You know that moment when you realize you never have to experiment with a make-up product ever again because you've found "the one"?

I had that moment with Fresh Farmacy.

I have medium to oily skin that is very sensetive and acne prone. Not just regular acne, that stupid hormonal under-the-skin kind that leaves dark scars on your face for months, even years. I tried EVERYTHING, toners, creams, oil free, with oil to replenish oil, gels, masks, home remedies - and NOTHING.

Then I stumbled into a Macy's thinking this was a soap bakery and to amuse the sales girl I asked if she had any face stuff and she sold me a teeny portion of this. I figured it can't hurt.

Then I was in love.

I literally saw results in two days because all it seemed to do was just calm the hell out of my skin. For years I'd been probing it and aggravating it that I haven't given it a kind touch in years.

True this is a bit drying but nothing that a dollop of moisturizer afterwards can't fix. It removes make up almost fully and has a lovely light smell. It's just a miracle worker you guys, it was for me anyway. I highly recommend it if you do have oily skin, if not, you could try something a little less drying.

This combined with Herbalism cleared up my skin COMPLETELY. I use Herbalism in the morning to exfoliate
and moisturize and Fresh Farmacy at night.

P.S. Lush is my absolute favorite, I've been thrilled with pretty much everything I'd gotten from there.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love LUSH scents, but that's all that is good about this product. It gave me little whiteheads everywhere and left a sticky waxy substance on my skin which was probably what gave me the whiteheads. I used the rest on my body since it can tolerate the waxiness much better than my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2008 7:00:00 PM More reviews by bebe21

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just started to experiment with Lush skincare and Fresh Pharmacy was the first product that i tried.
I loved the smell of this soap but after a while this really does dry my skin out (It's summer now and my skin tends to be quite oily although less so now as i get older)
I gave it a second try after a few weeks as i still have half of the bar left and didn't want it to go to waste. The same thing happened, my skin even started to peel a little around my cheek.
It puzzle me that i would get this sort of result when the ingredients all seem so calming and gentle. Too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Natasha666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best cleanser ever!! I have acne prone skin I even get those big ugly cysts, this soap makes every pimple and every cyst smaller and smaller till they disappear, it also makes the pores look smaller. I ran out of it and im so desperate for more, our nearst lush store is 2 hours driving from where I live so this time I will make sure I buy lots!
If u got oily acne prone skin go get the fresh farmacy its the best cleanser it will kill all your pimpels :)
Many of you here said that it doesnt lather but if you get lots of it in your palms it does lather and when i say lots I mean just as much as you would get with any other regular bar of soap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2008 5:00:00 AM More reviews by aryana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

*************UPDATE: Unfortunately, this stopped working for me. No longer does anything for my acne at all. I think my skin grew resistant to the calamine. Cleared up my skin beautifully for about 2 months but now just does nothing. I think it may also have to do with inconsistency in different batches of the soap. It's a really different texture every time I get it. I still like LUSH's Herbalism but wouldn't buy any other skincare from them, especially not their face creams - Imperialis broke me out, and strangely all their face creams contain cocoa butter. ***************
I've been using this for a few weeks and it's been very effective on my acne! More than any other cleanser I've ever used - and I have used many, including tons of natural facial cleansers and natural soap bars.

I was not the biggest fan of LUSH before because they are not 100% natural, and this particular soap contains SLS, but I don't care because it works so well!

It has made my combination/dehydrated skin a TINY bit dry, but nothing that light moisturizer won't fix. It is also a bit sloppy to use, as it doesn't foam, it creates more of a paste that is very runny so it's easier to use in the shower, but I still use it at the sink too.

I LOVE the little scrubby bits it has - I think it's lavender flowers or something. They are very fine and make for great exfoliation.

The bar gets a little soft/smooshy after a while so I HIGHLY recommend cutting your big bar into smaller pieces and use one smaller piece at a time to keep the soap fresh longer. (Run a knife under HOT water first, then dry it off, then cut it by pushing the knife through with a downward pushing motion, not a sawing motion. This will keep the bar from breaking/crumbling).

I think what makes this bar work so well is that it has calamine which is very calming for inflammation, along with all of the most effective plants for acne (lavender, tea tree, & chamomile).

ALSO another discovery that has made a huge difference in my acne along with using this soap has been using a MICROFIBER CLOTH with the soap to wash my face. Used gently, this gets all the dead skin off your face and prevents clogged pores in a way just washing with your hands can't.

Microfiber cloth + Fresh Farmacy = clear skin for me, it seems!

I will update in a month or so but I really feel great about this and I think it may finally be my answer to clear skin!

OH and another great tip - this makes an EXCELLENT overnight spot-treatment for zits. While the soap is still wet, get some of it on your finger as a paste and dab it on your problem areas. I really see a difference in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 9:31:00 AM More reviews by doodygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a free sample of this sent to me by Lush and I love it!!! It keeps my face so soft and clean. I will be buying this again. Also it is really good to get rid of spots.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by love2buymakeup

I was really unsure of buying this after reading the reviews. I went in the LUSH store with the intentions of buying Coal Face. I talked to the wonderful sales reap- who had the most gorgeous skin ever- and she recommended this to me. I actually love it, my skin is soft, smoothe, and blemish free. I do only use it at night for fear of it drying my face out too much.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2008 4:53:00 PM More reviews by naturalstate275

I have to say, I've had a real rollercoaster relationship with this facial soap. I bought it with very high hopes: I normally have combination skin, slightly acne prone, maybe a little more on the oily side than the dry side, but lately my skin has been flaring up. I was hoping that farmacy would help gently clear up my skin, since most cleansers that fight acne are way too strong for me. And it worked great...for about a week. My skin was very soft and smooth, and started to clear up. I hate that bar soap never rinses totally clean, but I was willing to deal with that. But then, I started to dry out really badly, which always clogs my pores and makes me break out all over again. I really wanted to like this stuff and I imagine it would work well if your skin is oily, but it was just way too drying for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2008 10:57:00 AM More reviews by xmikimagoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me give you a little history. I have teenage skin. It's oily, prone to clogged pores and gets the occasional pimple. I can't really complain about my skin as it's not by any means "bad", but it's nowhere near perfect.

I bought a block of Fresh Farmacy from my local LUSH store in hopes of calming down redness and getting rid of any pimples that decided to reside on my face.

At first, I thought it was a miracle worker. I hadn't gotten any new pimples, old ones had been dried up, my skin was literally "glowing" (and it's wasn't because I was oily!) and old acne scars were disappearing! That lasted for about two weeks.

After that, I got these weird pimplebumps (as I like to call them). They're not really pimples as they have no white "gunk" in them, but they are little red bumps. Nothing new had changed in my routine except for the Fresh Farmacy, so I knew only that could be causing the pimplebumps.

I quit using it for a while and my skin leveled out. I decided to give Fresh Farmacy one more shot because of the good results it had given me before, but the same thing had happened. The dreaded pimplebumps had returned. I guess Fresh Farmacy just isn't for my skin. I'm hoping that my new regimen of Aqua Marina and Herbalism will clear up my skin, but until that happens, I'm still on the search for my perfect cleanser.