LUSH Fresh Farmacy

3.6

Calamine Powder, Propylene Glycol, Chamomile Decoction (Anthemis nobilis), Elderflower Decoction (Sambucus nigra), Rapeseed Oil; Sunflower Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Helianthus annuus; Cocos nucifera), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Chamomile Blue Oil (Chamomilla recutita), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Sodium Chloride, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume.

One of my all time favorites from lush! It cleanses my face wonderfully. It defiantly helps acne also. On top of that I also just love the smell, I don't know why... it's a really weird.. different smell but I like it and it wakes me up when I need it to.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is Probably the best thing I have ever used on my face. Better than any brand name chemical stuff.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this product about a year ago and absolutely hated it. I've been using another type of natural soap for nightly facial cleansing, but I've noticed some breakouts and general oily conditions as of late. I hadn't purchased LUSH products for some time, but decided to make a small splurge at a LUSH store in NYC over the weekend. I gave this a try (again) and have already noticed an improvement in skin condition on my face. My face feels more smooth, less irritated / chapped. One bit of warning with this stuff, though, is to MOISTURIZE after using it. Otherwise, it can be drying on account of the calamine it contains.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i dont know how lush does it but this stuffs amazing! when i first got it, i was scared that it would leave a film on my skin and break me out but it rinses squeaky clean and leaves my face happy :) there arent any "scrubby crystals" in it as said in a review below but it does leave my skin soft. its a bit of a pain in the butt because its not travel friendly and it does take a bit of time trying to make a paste out of it but totally worth it! it has a lavender scent but it doesnt bother me or my skin so whatever. for reference, i have sensitive very oily very dry acne prone skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this product! I rub it on my face and it makes my face feel soft and clean. After I wash it off, my face feels tight but I solve that with the vitamin e toner tab. My face feels like new after those. Also, I noticed that all of my whiteheads were relatively smaller. Then, I put some Imperialis moisturizer on and my face glows. I didn't want to stop touching it. I use the toner and moisturizer in the morning and the cleanser toner moisturizer at night. I have semi-dry skin on my cheeks and an oily problem t-zone. I had been searching for a face product for a long time and I finally found my perfect face wash. I love this product.

others say that it is hard to work into a lather, but it is not. The problem is that it has a thin layer that if you scratch off, its ridiculously easy to work into a lather. Also, don't throw away the layer that you take off. Rub it with some water and use it.

Many commented on it's messyness. It really isn't messy if you don't want it to be. All you have to do is hold it in one hand (make sure your hand is dry or else it WILL be messy) and with two wet fingers rub one side until right consistency (consistency is your choice) and massage onto your face. Do not use it like a soap. Soap is used for hands so it doesn't matter if soap is messy, but if you use this like soap you'll get most of it on your hands. You don't need to cleanse your hands, that's what soap is for. Only one side should EVER get wet if you want to avoid mess. Use the same side every time and it will last forever, it will not leave gunk in your sink, and it will work wondors. Do not use in the shower orelse it will wither away rapidly. I am still not even done with a fourth of it and I've had it 3 months. It really is a great product and there are no cons if you use it right. Enjoy your beautiful skin!

This is a good product but I have to cleanse with purity made simple then cleanse with this. If I don't, I get this film let on my face its like greasy stuff. To the girl that wrote the review before her name is Butterfly008 I bought a plastic thing from the dollar store that looks like a funnle type thing larger at the top and then gets smaller at the bottom, that has an opening at the bottom and it lets the product dry.
That seems to work realy well for my fresh farmacy bar.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

i liked this at first, but it just became super drying. if you have sensitive and easily dried out skin, pass on this one. otherwise, this will work well for you if you have normal to oily skin. it has lavender and tea tree oil to battle any bumps you may have. i liked the lack of packaging, found that it lathered well. wish it would have worked for me though!

I absolutely love this cleanser. I have combination skin, and I've tried a lot of products over the past years but always ended up unsatisfied with the results after a while. Too drying, spot causing etc etc, you get the idea.
I tried this bar because I really felt I needed to start all over again. I tried some Lush products before, so I thought I'd give this a go.
I couldn't get rid of this unpleasant feeling of having a 'dirty' face all day, or so it felt. My skin was just very dull. Until I tried this bar. It is a wonderful herbal soap which definitely soothes and cleanses an unclear skin quite gently. It has tiny scrub crystals in it which gives you a wonderfully fresh feeling. It can be a bit drying for some, but my oily skin benefits from this as it dries out any problematic areas. It keeps my skin spotfree.

The only downside is that it can be hard to store. I keep mine in an open soap float, but it never dries completely as I use this bar twice a day. It's always somewhat moist and the texture changes a bit... If anyone has a clever idea to successfully store this, let me know! :D

Other than that, probably THE best facial cleanser I tried thus far, which does everything you'd expect a cleanser to do. Brilliant bar!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I really wasn't expecting anything too incredible when I bought this cleanser, but I am pleasantly surprised. I've had acne since I was ten (hit pubery early) and no cleanser has ever been able to change that. But I do have itchy skin, so I thought a cleanser with calamine powder would be helpful.

I've been using this for two weeks, and today is probably the first day in over a decade that I haven't had a single spot on my face. It's not what I was expecting, but I'm very pleased.

PROS:
-cleared my skin wonderfully
-I like the smell, all of my toiletries have herbal scents

CONS:
-I like the minimalistic packaging, BUT it does make it very difficult to store the cleanser
-melts fast in water. I've been using an old scissor blade to shave off small pieces as I need them, and I don't touch the cleanser bar with wet hands ever
-very drying. I have oily skin, and I still have to use a thick Eucerin moisturizer on my face at night after using Fresh Farmacy. I use a gentler cleanser and moisturizer before applying makeup in the morning.

I can cope with those cons, given how wonderfully this cleanser agrees with my skin. I definitely wouldn't recommend to anyone without oily or very oily skin--the first time I used it, I followed with only a very light moisturizer and my skin peeled and chapped afterwards.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
It works best as overnight (acne) spot treatment. This works very well in drying out acne and bringing a head to a stubborn, red, swollen pimples (plus, calming down the swelling and redness). I also find this to be very helpful in treating cystic acne, especially if combined with other conventional acne treatment containing Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic acid (whereas when I use BP or BHA on its own, it doesn't seem to heal cystic acne as fast than combined with FF).

Cons:
It's a tad drying, unless for oily to very oily skin (I have oily skin, and I feel that I still need a good amount of moisturizer when using FF as a cleanser). It's squeaky clean, and as a result, may dries out.
It's crumbly, it runs out fast, and you have to store it in non textured soap dish (so it won't crumble so much), and leave it to air-dry. Otherwise, you'll finish a good size in less than a month (most of my cleansers last at least 2-3 months).

Even though I've stopped using this a face wash, I always keep this handy for spot treatment. I will keep buying until it stops working.