April 24, 2014 | 1491 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2008 4:53:00 PM More reviews by naturalstate275

I have to say, I've had a real rollercoaster relationship with this facial soap. I bought it with very high hopes: I normally have combination skin, slightly acne prone, maybe a little more on the oily side than the dry side, but lately my skin has been flaring up. I was hoping that farmacy would help gently clear up my skin, since most cleansers that fight acne are way too strong for me. And it worked great...for about a week. My skin was very soft and smooth, and started to clear up. I hate that bar soap never rinses totally clean, but I was willing to deal with that. But then, I started to dry out really badly, which always clogs my pores and makes me break out all over again. I really wanted to like this stuff and I imagine it would work well if your skin is oily, but it was just way too drying for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2008 10:57:00 AM More reviews by xmikimagoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me give you a little history. I have teenage skin. It's oily, prone to clogged pores and gets the occasional pimple. I can't really complain about my skin as it's not by any means "bad", but it's nowhere near perfect.

I bought a block of Fresh Farmacy from my local LUSH store in hopes of calming down redness and getting rid of any pimples that decided to reside on my face.

At first, I thought it was a miracle worker. I hadn't gotten any new pimples, old ones had been dried up, my skin was literally "glowing" (and it's wasn't because I was oily!) and old acne scars were disappearing! That lasted for about two weeks.

After that, I got these weird pimplebumps (as I like to call them). They're not really pimples as they have no white "gunk" in them, but they are little red bumps. Nothing new had changed in my routine except for the Fresh Farmacy, so I knew only that could be causing the pimplebumps.

I quit using it for a while and my skin leveled out. I decided to give Fresh Farmacy one more shot because of the good results it had given me before, but the same thing had happened. The dreaded pimplebumps had returned. I guess Fresh Farmacy just isn't for my skin. I'm hoping that my new regimen of Aqua Marina and Herbalism will clear up my skin, but until that happens, I'm still on the search for my perfect cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2008 7:12:00 AM More reviews by kelly_stott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the first time I have ever wrote a review on a product but thought this deserved one! I have very acne prone uneven skin tone that can also get really dry..total nightmare! Last week I had the worst monthly break out ever but at the same time my skin felt very dry. I currently use clinique mild cleanser which I like but after this month's breakout I was on the look out for something to salvage my awful skin! Anyway, I saw the reviews on here for Lush's fresh farmacy so thought I would give it a go. I was a bit skeptical as I have never thought soaps would do my skin any good. It is a pain to use I think, I am used to just squirting liquid out of a bottle but I have to say it is worth the awkwardness and mess!! My break outs are starting to clear up and my skin does not feel dry now at all. My skin feels a lot smoother and generally more even. It feels a little tight after you wash it off but a nice tight rather than dry! I have only used this product for a few days but I am going to continue to use it instead of my clinique and see if it has the same good results over continued use.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2008 11:35:00 AM More reviews by neverfadetogray

I love Fresh Farmacy. I have acne-prone skin and a slightly oily t-zone and this has worked wonderfully for me. It has cleared up and evened out my skin, and it actually makes my face feel smooth and soft - which makes it the first product I've ever used that I can say that about. After washing my face with this, I use Tea Tree Water toner and Imperialis moisturizer, and I'm so happy with it. I used Proactiv for a good two years and it never made as much of a difference in my skin as my new skincare routine has.

It's also very effective overnight as a spot treatment.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2008 7:33:00 AM More reviews by sushibuns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i am writing this for my teen girl and she loves it so much i think she is addicted when its finished trust me i better go the mall and buy and another one the best for teen i think doesnt make her skin dry and flaky like some other stuff worth a try

update: this is not that good after a week she had so much pimples it was crazy now we use coal face and it works wonders no more spots

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by lilytox

I'm always confused by facial bar soaps - am I supposed to lather in my hands and then spread it onto my face ((in which case, isn't it cleaning my hands rather than my face?) or rub it directly on my face??

heh heh, my idiocy notwithstanding, I really like this face wash. The smell is inoffensive (calamine lotion?) and I find that my face feels clean after using it, but not dry at all. I like how it has barely noticeable particles that (I guess) exfoliate very gently. I haven't broken out at all since using it; I find it very soothing.

Packaging (ie none) is great. My only issue is, as I mentioned, I'm not sure if I'm using it in the correct way, but regardless, I like it and will probably repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2008 9:38:00 AM More reviews by meggiew00t

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This made my skin worse. I'm acne prone, and this definitely made my acne come out. I had worse skin than before when I was using this product. Very drying... gross smell. Do not recommend. Back to Cetaphil.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by MizBeatriz

OMG! Finally! After all these years! Thank God!
= my reaction (in an over-exaggerated remembrance) after seeing the results of Fresh Farmacy.

*I love Fresh Farmacy and (apparently) it loves me!
There is no residue left on my face after using it.
It doesn't dry out my skin - it nourishes it.
No more zits/redness/breakouts/discomfort - need I say more?

Love, Love, Love it!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by favola

This is one of the worst cleansers ever, first off it doesn't clean. That's the main point of a cleanser, all those other things its touted to do should come after. Also did not clear my breakouts either, just dried my skin out. What an awful bar of soap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The LUSH SA recommended this for my super oily, non-acne prone skin. It's okay, but I've since found something I like better. So why am I giving it 4 lippies? My fiance has fallen in love with it. He has normal, acne-prone skin (likely a medical side effect as he never had this problem before) and has been swearing by Clearasil Ultra Acne Clearing Scrub for the past couple months. He likes the scrubbing beads and it has salicylic acid. He found my Fresh Farmacy in the shower one day and asked what it was for. Well, since he's been using it his skin looks much clearer! He's loving it. So I have to give it good ratings. Took one lippie off since it didn't work that great for me.