Chanel Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

3.7

on 9/27/2007 6:45:00 AM

I have kindly been given about three of these samples each time I have made big purchases at the Chanel counter. I really like it. Its nothing groundbreaking or amazing, just a GOOD, reliable mascara. I think it gives a very 'clean' sleek finish to my lashes. No smudging or flaking eiether. Will purchase at some stage.

on 9/20/2007 8:48:00 PM

I received a sample of this product from Instyle Magazine. This mascara is amazing. I find that it lives up to all of its claims except volumize - hence it lengthens, seperates and curls. The only downside is that it sometimes smudges a tiny bit onto the bottom of my eye, but that is easily fixed with a 1-tip. I'll definately be purchasing this full size when my sample runs out. 4 lippies.

on 9/19/2007 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love this mascara! separates the lashes very nicely. the black is nice and dark. formula's long wearing, w/o raccoon eyes at the end of the day. i can actually wear this w/o the shiseido mascara base and it'll still hold the curl. it looks better w/o the base for some reason too. the only thing i don't love about it is the price

on 9/15/2007 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a pretty good mascara. I noticed quite a bit of people here dislike it. I wipe the wand with paper towel before I apply it to my lashes to prevent clumps. It's not too bad.

on 9/7/2007 8:00:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My favourite mascara at the moment!

Great product! Gives me black, beautiful and full lashes (I have very light lashes) and does NOT smudge on me!!!!!! That's the best part!!!

I will buy this again!

on 8/30/2007 9:25:00 PM

Pros: Very nice, fluid product that applies nicely AFTER the first week of use to work out all the clumps. Fine, detailed brush that permits a perfect application from roots to ends. Excellent rich pigment (black) that leaves a natural, glossy finish (compared to many others that very dark grey at best). Does not flake at all. Removal is easy and painless if any gets into eyes (say, during a workout).

Cons: Expensive! Small quantity! Clumps for the first several uses (say, a week).

Sum: Liked it very much, but it's darn expensive.

on 8/27/2007 10:43:00 AM

I love the brush that comes with this. That is it though. The mascara was terrible. I got a tester and brought it with me on vacation. I promptly had to go out and buy a lash comb (I didn't pack one) to comb out all the clumps it had left me with. Thinking maybe it was my application, I brought it with me to a trial makeover for my bridal makeup. She hated it too, and had to brush out the clumps with another spoolie.

It holds a curl good, and it looks decent, after you spend about 10 minutes combing out all the clumps.

The only other good thing is I didn't waste money on buying this.

on 8/27/2007 10:39:00 AM

This mascara is probably one of the worst mascaras I have ever used. Terrible texture and globs ridiculously when applying. I expected a much better product.

I had high hopes for this mascara but it didn't work for me at all. The only positives were that it didn't irritate my eyes and came in a great-looking container. After letting it frustrate me for a few weeks, I bought Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender (which works great!).

on 8/22/2007 2:23:00 PM

Looked quite nice, but unfortunately it made a lot of my lashes fall out each time it washed off... I think it's quite harsh, or was on me anyway.

I prefer Max Factor's Masterpiece mascara.