August 23, 2014 | 1299 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2007 9:25:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

Pros: Very nice, fluid product that applies nicely AFTER the first week of use to work out all the clumps. Fine, detailed brush that permits a perfect application from roots to ends. Excellent rich pigment (black) that leaves a natural, glossy finish (compared to many others that very dark grey at best). Does not flake at all. Removal is easy and painless if any gets into eyes (say, during a workout).

Cons: Expensive! Small quantity! Clumps for the first several uses (say, a week).

Sum: Liked it very much, but it's darn expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2007 10:43:00 AM More reviews by cashmerewhore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the brush that comes with this. That is it though. The mascara was terrible. I got a tester and brought it with me on vacation. I promptly had to go out and buy a lash comb (I didn't pack one) to comb out all the clumps it had left me with. Thinking maybe it was my application, I brought it with me to a trial makeover for my bridal makeup. She hated it too, and had to brush out the clumps with another spoolie.

It holds a curl good, and it looks decent, after you spend about 10 minutes combing out all the clumps.

The only other good thing is I didn't waste money on buying this.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2007 10:39:00 AM More reviews by princssnor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara is probably one of the worst mascaras I have ever used. Terrible texture and globs ridiculously when applying. I expected a much better product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2007 4:20:00 AM More reviews by sarahlovesmark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had high hopes for this mascara but it didn't work for me at all. The only positives were that it didn't irritate my eyes and came in a great-looking container. After letting it frustrate me for a few weeks, I bought Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender (which works great!).

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2007 2:23:00 PM More reviews by l0706

Looked quite nice, but unfortunately it made a lot of my lashes fall out each time it washed off... I think it's quite harsh, or was on me anyway.

I prefer Max Factor's Masterpiece mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Krylyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only mascara I use, because it doesn't flake on me (like all of the drugstore mascaras I've tried), and it doesn't melt into my eyes(again, like all of the drugstore mascaras I've tried). This is the first mascara I've been able to wear year-round.

Inimitable adds length to my lashes, and doesn't give me fat, thick lashes, which is exactly what I don't like. The brush seems to find every lash I have, framing my eyes perfectly. I don't find the application to be clumpy or difficult - although I've managed to jab myself in the eye with the wand (good news - the mascara doesn't sting or make my eyes water like crazy! Yay!) trying to get a perfectly even application. I use the black color every day, and find it to look fairly natural (although I'm extremely fair, with auburn hair and green-hazel eyes).

My only gripe is that it seems to go bad *exactly* 3 months after first use (if you use it everyday). My first full tube started to smell bad look funky 3 months to the day after purchase. For the price, I'd like to get more use out of it. At least I work at Nordstrom, so I can use my discount, but I'm not sure I want to pay $26.50 every three months (that's over $100/year!!) for mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2007 5:18:00 AM More reviews by ntscha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It promises a LOT of good stuff, so when i found the tester free with a magazine, I was soo excited.
When I got home I immediately tried it, I was so dissapointed, it doesn't do anything it promises.
Maybe it's bad because it's a tester, but I doubt it, I've had other testers that work good.
This mascara totally doesn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2007 7:59:00 AM More reviews by hmal74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you like gummy wand this is for you. It really separetes the lashes well and lengthen them quite a bit, but it doesn't make them fuller. It's better than Masterpiece but that doesn't mean that is a fantastic mascara. A little over average. Too expensive and I won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2007 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Ashz0r

I love this mascara, I have it in both black and brown..I use the brown one for a more natural look and just one coat is perfect, with no clumps and nice separated lashes. I use the black one after using a different black mascara for a few coats, not for the mascara, but for the brush..its so good for separating individual lashes giving a more night time, dramatic look.
My only problem is the price, I would pay a high price for things like foundation etc, but 14.50 for a mascara that would only last a few months is a lot..I don't think I could live without it though!!!
Also, I find the brush and the mascara so much better than the masterpiece max mascara by maxfactor which tends to go very clumpy after a few coats. I would choose the chanel version over the maxfactor 1..deffo!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2007 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Loredana23

The first day that I wore this mascara, five people complimented my eyelashes and asked me what I was using. I have very long lashes, which can easily clump together and look spidery, but Inimitable manages to define each one precisely, which no mascara has ever done for me before. I like the fact that this is an "all-in-one" product, and does live up to it's volumising, lenghtening and curling promises. I can certainly see the difference from cheaper brands - I don't look like a supermarket whore the way I do when I wear Maybelline on my long lashes. It gives a very black, dramatic look which is glamorous but not overdone, and I wear this to work everyday.

My only problem with this has been the rather dire flaking. By 10am, I have black specks beneath my eyes, and have resorted to carrying cotton tips, primer and concealer around in my hand-bag for frequent touch-ups. I asked my Chanel SA about this and all she could suggest was the waterproof version, which I'm avoiding for fear of drying out my lashes. I would still definitely recommend this mascara.