Chanel Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

3.7

on 9/19/2007 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love this mascara! separates the lashes very nicely. the black is nice and dark. formula's long wearing, w/o raccoon eyes at the end of the day. i can actually wear this w/o the shiseido mascara base and it'll still hold the curl. it looks better w/o the base for some reason too. the only thing i don't love about it is the price

on 9/15/2007 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a pretty good mascara. I noticed quite a bit of people here dislike it. I wipe the wand with paper towel before I apply it to my lashes to prevent clumps. It's not too bad.

on 9/7/2007 8:00:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My favourite mascara at the moment!

Great product! Gives me black, beautiful and full lashes (I have very light lashes) and does NOT smudge on me!!!!!! That's the best part!!!

I will buy this again!

on 8/30/2007 9:25:00 PM

Pros: Very nice, fluid product that applies nicely AFTER the first week of use to work out all the clumps. Fine, detailed brush that permits a perfect application from roots to ends. Excellent rich pigment (black) that leaves a natural, glossy finish (compared to many others that very dark grey at best). Does not flake at all. Removal is easy and painless if any gets into eyes (say, during a workout).

Cons: Expensive! Small quantity! Clumps for the first several uses (say, a week).

Sum: Liked it very much, but it's darn expensive.

on 8/27/2007 10:43:00 AM

I love the brush that comes with this. That is it though. The mascara was terrible. I got a tester and brought it with me on vacation. I promptly had to go out and buy a lash comb (I didn't pack one) to comb out all the clumps it had left me with. Thinking maybe it was my application, I brought it with me to a trial makeover for my bridal makeup. She hated it too, and had to brush out the clumps with another spoolie.

It holds a curl good, and it looks decent, after you spend about 10 minutes combing out all the clumps.

The only other good thing is I didn't waste money on buying this.

on 8/27/2007 10:39:00 AM

This mascara is probably one of the worst mascaras I have ever used. Terrible texture and globs ridiculously when applying. I expected a much better product.

I had high hopes for this mascara but it didn't work for me at all. The only positives were that it didn't irritate my eyes and came in a great-looking container. After letting it frustrate me for a few weeks, I bought Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender (which works great!).

on 8/22/2007 2:23:00 PM

Looked quite nice, but unfortunately it made a lot of my lashes fall out each time it washed off... I think it's quite harsh, or was on me anyway.

I prefer Max Factor's Masterpiece mascara.

on 8/21/2007 3:02:00 PM

This is the only mascara I use, because it doesn't flake on me (like all of the drugstore mascaras I've tried), and it doesn't melt into my eyes(again, like all of the drugstore mascaras I've tried). This is the first mascara I've been able to wear year-round.

Inimitable adds length to my lashes, and doesn't give me fat, thick lashes, which is exactly what I don't like. The brush seems to find every lash I have, framing my eyes perfectly. I don't find the application to be clumpy or difficult - although I've managed to jab myself in the eye with the wand (good news - the mascara doesn't sting or make my eyes water like crazy! Yay!) trying to get a perfectly even application. I use the black color every day, and find it to look fairly natural (although I'm extremely fair, with auburn hair and green-hazel eyes).

My only gripe is that it seems to go bad *exactly* 3 months after first use (if you use it everyday). My first full tube started to smell bad look funky 3 months to the day after purchase. For the price, I'd like to get more use out of it. At least I work at Nordstrom, so I can use my discount, but I'm not sure I want to pay $26.50 every three months (that's over $100/year!!) for mascara.

on 8/18/2007 5:18:00 AM

It promises a LOT of good stuff, so when i found the tester free with a magazine, I was soo excited.
When I got home I immediately tried it, I was so dissapointed, it doesn't do anything it promises.
Maybe it's bad because it's a tester, but I doubt it, I've had other testers that work good.
This mascara totally doesn't work for me.