July 26, 2014 | 1730 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by payng

okay so normally i never write reviews on 'stuff, but for certain dri i feel like i have to! ever since i hit puberty around age 12, i've had sweating problems. back then i could use a roll on deoderant though and the sweating would be reduced, but in the past two years it seems like nothing works! i tried secret, degree, and arrid which did absolutely nothing for the sweating. 'some other deoderants like dove, ban and mitchum reduced sweating but only like 60%.. i still got sweat stains on my shirts. i used to only be able to wear dark clothing, or really loose clothes especially around the underarm area, so my sweat wouldn't show. or i would have to wear a hoody or sweater over all my bright colored shirts so the sweat wouldn't show. finally i heard about certain dri on this website and yesterday i went down to walgreens and got it for like $7. after reading many pages of reviews (lol) 'i applied it at night time and i expected it to sting or burn or itch, but none of that happend which is awesome. the only issue i had was the bottle leaked and was very runny, so i had some of it dripping from the bottle and onto my pants, and when i applied the anti perspirant some of it rolled down under my armpits and into my tank top. i applied 3 light strokes to each underarm and it dried up in about 5 mins. it itched very lightly for a couple of minutes after it dried but that's all. today i took a shower and applied dove deoderant and i was brave enough to wear a light brown, long sleeved, tight tee shirt and guess what? no sweat stains!! i mean i still feel a little damp in my armpits but there isn't a lot of sweat and again this is only my first day using it so i'm sure after a couple more uses it'll work 100%. i'm so excited! lol i never thought any anti perspirant would work for me, and i seriously thought i was the only one with this issue..but i guess not. i've only had certain dri for a day and i already love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by BethK42

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only over the counter product that worked for my excessive sweating. From puberty until age 38, I had to choose my clothing based upon whether or not it would show armpit sweat. As you can imagine (or you have experienced if you're a pit sweater), this is sadly limiting and frustrating. Certain Dri worked from day two completely (about 65 % from day one). I used it daily for about 8 months or so and now I only use it once a week or every 10 days. I use the lovely Vanilla Chai Secret on the other days!

When you apply Certain Dri, be sure to follow the directions; too much product applied at one time is NOT better...the one or two swipes recommended is what does the job. After shaving, it burns. As this is a nighttime product, I would shave my pits in the morning. It is watery and will drip, so care needs to be taken to wipe the excess off the surrounding skin. These are minor issues compared to the joy that comes with selecting any color top, any fabric, and knowing that I will not "leak". I HIGHLY recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by kmacjp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only stuff that keeps me from being a total sweat ball. Nothing else works as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by vonna526

Ive always sweated whether it was hot or cold and have ruined alot of shirts from the stains not to mention the embarrasment of everyone seeing my wet armpits...well i tried Certain-Dri and this is the best thing ever invented! Itll make your pits itch a little the first few days but I'd rather itch then sweat alot! From the very first time i used it it stopped the sweating immediately.A few things though: DO NOT use it after you shave or after taking a bath/shower (or before a bath/shower).I slipped up twice.The first mistake was when I used it 2 hours after my shower before heading to bed and it made my arm pits itch for a few days.The second time I forgot I shaved under my arms and used certain dri and it itched a little but burned really bad! Now the skin is dry and darker(guess Ill try to use some sort of lightening cream there).Both times I couldnt help but scratch a little which I know made it worse.Oh and youre only suppose to put this on at bedtime because it takes 8 hours to get into your pores.Plus if you put it on under your clothes I heard itll stain them.learn from my mistakes and basically follow the directions on the package...Overall THIS PRODUCT IS THE BEST THING INVENTED! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I recommend to all my friends that sweat alot...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2008 11:04:00 AM More reviews by reasonle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have an almost full bottle of this in my bathroom.... it worked the first day, but then... OUCH!!!! it made my underarms get these weird red rashes, and it stung so bad at night! i couldnt fall asleep and i would have to wash it off all the time. if you need extra strength deoderant, try secret platinum! it has the highest amount of aluminum zirconium trichlohydrex i have seen

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2008 8:38:00 PM More reviews by busterbrown16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for years because it works GREAT! I never sweat a drop (under my arms that is) when using this. All you have to do is apply it at night and I wear regular deodrant in the morning just because it smells better, but if I remember correctly-the directions say its optional. If you are planning on purchasing this product just be aware that it CAN burn if you apply it immediately after shaving but if you read the directions you would already know that. I buy a new bottle as soon as mine is finished and i would never switch to anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by MostSpecialK

This product truly is amazing. I had a horrible sweating problem. No mater what I did, I had sweaty pits. They weren't smelly, just sweaty. My friend suggeted I try Certain Dri. After using it for two days, the sweaty pits were gone! That was 2 years ago. It's so strong and effective that I only need to use it a few times a month. My only criticism is that I sometimes get a pretty intense tingling feeling where I've appled it. It usually only lasts 10 minutes or so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 7:29:00 PM More reviews by mascaraismycrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ever since puberty, I've had this terrible problem of sweating, even when inactive. I don't have a problem with odor, just with the wetness. I tried Secret's Clinical and it was my life saver until my older sister told me about a less expensive brand Certain Dri. The packaging may not be as hip as Secret but it gets the job done. No more wet arm pits and I'm saving myself $4 a bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2007 1:37:00 PM More reviews by makeup9111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bio: I sweat like a man
Pros: Really works, stops sweating
Unscented, easy to use, lasts forever
Cons: Not supposed to use right after shower
Overall: I love this, it is the only deodorant that actually does what it says in my opinion, I've been through Mitchum, Degree, Dove, Secret, in all forms and this is the only one that keeps me bone dry and not stinky.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2007 9:27:00 PM More reviews by S0CiALiTE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like this stuff for the summer when it's extra hot out.
I only use it at night before bed once every 3 days and it keeps me totally dry. You can even skip deoderant in the day when using this product.

One warning DO NOT use after shaving/waxing. It will sting and itch to the point where you cant help but scratch. That just makes it worse. Even washing it off at that point doesn't help. It's a horribe feeling. Other then that I would buy and use this product again.