December 22, 2014 | 1063 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 6:32:00 PM More reviews by waterchika

This product has saved my life. I sweat so much it is ridiculous and embarassing, not to mention uncomfortable (esp in cold weather...eww). It does irritate when you put it on right after shaving your arm pits...so just wait 30 min or so to apply but if you must apply asap for whatever reason apply cortisone cream over it and that should help with the irritation. I ALSO just discovered another nifty trick for this! I am rather pleased with myself haha. I have bangs and cowlicks and get really frustrated when I go out at night and I sweat on my forehead and my bangs get messed up, so annoying. So...I experimented and rubbed some of this over my hair line and neck line. I immediately put cortisone cream over it because the last thing I wanted to do was break out in a rash on my face...but I didn't break out although it itched a bit, and I DIDN'T SWEAT. HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by bibite

I wouldn't recommend this product for people that don't have problems with excessive sweating, but for anyone that knows the embarrassment of keeping your arms down to cover your sweaty pits, or wearing layers of shirts so the outer layer keeps dry (even in warm weather), or even avoiding certain colors of fabrics so your 'problem' doesn't show as much, this is the product for you.

Yes, it itches a bit at times, but for me, the itching isn't bad enough to stop me using the product. My experience has been that it might itch a bit when I put it on, and that's about it.

The product worked from day one for me, imagine my excitement! At first I'd apply every second day, but after about 8 months now of use, I'm at the point where I'll apply once or twice a week. I still use a regular deodorant every morning (currently using an Adidas aluminum free product http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=66171/Adidas_24hr_Control_Absorbent-Deo/Unlisted_Brand/Skincare_-_Body), and the combo works very well for me.

While I've never tried other products of this kind, Certain Dri has changed my life. I'm so much more confident now.I wish I would have found out about it sooner.
Read the directions carefully, it's to be applied at night.

Edit to add that I've been using this product for 8 months now, and I'm still on the same bottle. Don't let the price turn you away. It may seem pricier that a normal deodorant up front, but the bottle lasts a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by rubyred719

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this deodorant for 2 1/2 years now and I can say I've gotten used to this product and how my armpits itch. At first I was a little hesitant my first day of using it and I felt the itch and burning in my armpits but I read the directions and it explained why I felt like that. (It's because I just got out of the shower and I just shaved.) I use this ONLY at night; wearing white t-shirts or shirts that I just wear at home. The reason for this is, this product bleaches the armpits of your shirts. So be careful! I have shirts that have lighter colored armpits now! I have to say though that this product DOES work! I haven't had to put on a deodarant for a long time! I don't sweat in my armpits anymore! I love this stuff! NO MORE WORRYING and just being CERTAIN! Hahaha how corny I know!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2008 1:21:00 PM More reviews by enfantmignon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only product I've found to stop me from being a such a sweaty monster. Do take care and follow directions. It will irritate your skin if you use it even a few hours out of the shower or if you apply too much. But they really mean it about the 72-hour protection. I apply it at most every other night. The rollerball does drip sometimes, but that is a very minor issue. Incredibly effective.

UPDATE: Mind-blowing. Since I've been using this over year I only need to apply once a week or so. And it's August. It's that good.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by x3actress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I must say this product is an amazing anti-perspirant. This may sound dirty, but since I started using it, I don't wear deodorant! I instead just sprits my underarms with a Bath and Body Works body spray. While this does prevent my sweating incredibly, sometimes I don't know if it's worth the uncomfortable itch. Even if I use it when I haven't shaved, my armpits itch and are an irritated color of red. The next day it isn't as harsh, but it isn't pleasant. I'm considering trying another deodorant over it to see if that will lessen the irritation. But for now, just four lippies for this product. The itching and burning knocks one off for me.

BUT, this product does work wonders for sweaty ladies. If you're going to try, you might want to be prepared for some uncomfortableness.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by payng

okay so normally i never write reviews on 'stuff, but for certain dri i feel like i have to! ever since i hit puberty around age 12, i've had sweating problems. back then i could use a roll on deoderant though and the sweating would be reduced, but in the past two years it seems like nothing works! i tried secret, degree, and arrid which did absolutely nothing for the sweating. 'some other deoderants like dove, ban and mitchum reduced sweating but only like 60%.. i still got sweat stains on my shirts. i used to only be able to wear dark clothing, or really loose clothes especially around the underarm area, so my sweat wouldn't show. or i would have to wear a hoody or sweater over all my bright colored shirts so the sweat wouldn't show. finally i heard about certain dri on this website and yesterday i went down to walgreens and got it for like $7. after reading many pages of reviews (lol) 'i applied it at night time and i expected it to sting or burn or itch, but none of that happend which is awesome. the only issue i had was the bottle leaked and was very runny, so i had some of it dripping from the bottle and onto my pants, and when i applied the anti perspirant some of it rolled down under my armpits and into my tank top. i applied 3 light strokes to each underarm and it dried up in about 5 mins. it itched very lightly for a couple of minutes after it dried but that's all. today i took a shower and applied dove deoderant and i was brave enough to wear a light brown, long sleeved, tight tee shirt and guess what? no sweat stains!! i mean i still feel a little damp in my armpits but there isn't a lot of sweat and again this is only my first day using it so i'm sure after a couple more uses it'll work 100%. i'm so excited! lol i never thought any anti perspirant would work for me, and i seriously thought i was the only one with this issue..but i guess not. i've only had certain dri for a day and i already love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by BethK42

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only over the counter product that worked for my excessive sweating. From puberty until age 38, I had to choose my clothing based upon whether or not it would show armpit sweat. As you can imagine (or you have experienced if you're a pit sweater), this is sadly limiting and frustrating. Certain Dri worked from day two completely (about 65 % from day one). I used it daily for about 8 months or so and now I only use it once a week or every 10 days. I use the lovely Vanilla Chai Secret on the other days!

When you apply Certain Dri, be sure to follow the directions; too much product applied at one time is NOT better...the one or two swipes recommended is what does the job. After shaving, it burns. As this is a nighttime product, I would shave my pits in the morning. It is watery and will drip, so care needs to be taken to wipe the excess off the surrounding skin. These are minor issues compared to the joy that comes with selecting any color top, any fabric, and knowing that I will not "leak". I HIGHLY recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by kmacjp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only stuff that keeps me from being a total sweat ball. Nothing else works as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by vonna526

Ive always sweated whether it was hot or cold and have ruined alot of shirts from the stains not to mention the embarrasment of everyone seeing my wet armpits...well i tried Certain-Dri and this is the best thing ever invented! Itll make your pits itch a little the first few days but I'd rather itch then sweat alot! From the very first time i used it it stopped the sweating immediately.A few things though: DO NOT use it after you shave or after taking a bath/shower (or before a bath/shower).I slipped up twice.The first mistake was when I used it 2 hours after my shower before heading to bed and it made my arm pits itch for a few days.The second time I forgot I shaved under my arms and used certain dri and it itched a little but burned really bad! Now the skin is dry and darker(guess Ill try to use some sort of lightening cream there).Both times I couldnt help but scratch a little which I know made it worse.Oh and youre only suppose to put this on at bedtime because it takes 8 hours to get into your pores.Plus if you put it on under your clothes I heard itll stain them.learn from my mistakes and basically follow the directions on the package...Overall THIS PRODUCT IS THE BEST THING INVENTED! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I recommend to all my friends that sweat alot...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2008 11:04:00 AM More reviews by reasonle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have an almost full bottle of this in my bathroom.... it worked the first day, but then... OUCH!!!! it made my underarms get these weird red rashes, and it stung so bad at night! i couldnt fall asleep and i would have to wash it off all the time. if you need extra strength deoderant, try secret platinum! it has the highest amount of aluminum zirconium trichlohydrex i have seen