October 23, 2014 | 1800 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Mild

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by PCarrie84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a great face cleanser, doesnt have all the BS in it, a couple extracts like cucumber, and it cleans very well without stripping skins oils, but also foams easily. I usually buy it in the deluxe size around the holidays, it'll last forever.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by PeachyB

I bought this as apart of a kit, for dry/combination skin. I used the system until it ran out, but was really disappointed with the results. The liquid soap was not "mild" as was written, and it really dried out my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2008 6:10:00 PM More reviews by pollackj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as part of a travel kit (cleanser, toner, and moisturizer) and found the cleanser to be very drying for my normal/combination skin. When I left it on my face a little too long once, my face felt like it was on fire and was red for an hour. If I don't apply the moisturizer on immediately afterward, my skin is becomes very dry and tight.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 11:17:00 AM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I got a tube of this with my last Clinique GWP, so I took it with me on my week-long vacation to Morocco, rather than buying a travel-sized face wash.

I had never used the liquid facial soap before, only the bar soap version, so was curious to see how the cleansing factor compared. I liked the bar soap a lot, but found it annoying to use, so switched to a liquid soap (currently using Purpose.)

Anyway, this is a clear liquid, and it lathers up quite well. However, although I have combo skin, this left me feeling a big taut and dry. At first, I thought I used too much and tried using less, but it was the same effect. Also, it didn't really remove residual makeup that well, so I found after the week, I was left with lots of clogged pore and actually had to go get a facial at the spa.

Overall, I do applaud Clinique for its efforts at portability and packaging, but I think I would stick with the bar soap if I were to use a cleanser from them, as it seems ot clean better. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 2:25:00 AM More reviews by candy_hunter

I have found the perfect cleanser for my dehydrated combination skin type! Just one pump of this cleanser lathers easily, rinses right off, and leaves my face feeling soft, clean, but not dry at all. I have used this every morning for two weeks, and my face has been looking great!

*UPDATE* This product actually doesn't clean very well turns out. Try Dermalogica's special cleansing gel instead, cleans better but still gentle like this one!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I like the way this cleanser lathers up and rinses off with no problem. I've tried this version and the oily version, and they both make my skin feel dry afterwards. The smell is very light and pleasant. Negative: I kept my bottle in the shower, and water got inside. Overall, this cleanser makes me think of a detergent for some reason and that's not good. :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 12:12:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

Did not love this at all it is a detergent cleanser and does remove makeup well, but i didn't like the feel of it and it did dry out my skin and didn't leave ym skin feeling lovely and clean at all. Will not purchase again. Made me break out a little as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by maytham

i had allergy reaction after using for three day. tiny spots, dry skin,and redness around cheeks area.not sure if it's the cleanser or the toner,but most prolly it's the cleanser.
not worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by utopiancity

No breakouts for me, but it's not the "wow cleanser". Clinique makes better ones, and Kiehl's makes better ones as well. This one is just okay.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by megbenoit

This soap broke my skin out SUPER BAD!!! OMG, I had bumps everywhere and it took almost a week to clear up. It only took a little bit of the product to wash my face so now I have an almost full bottle and I cant use it. :(