April 20, 2014 | 1333 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Mild

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2008 3:32:00 AM More reviews by gina2685

I've been using it for more than a year and now I can't imagine my life without it (I love exaggerating but I also love this cleanser). For reference, my skin is combo, with a t-zone that gets shiny during the summer and cheeks that can get super super dry and irritated by almost anything, products, foods, climate, mood, even tap water. I also have a mild case of seborrheic dermatits, in control at the moment. This cleanser never, and I mean never, irritated my skin and, most importantly, it removes my make up without drying me at all! My schedule is quite hectic and some days I wash my face even four or five times but it never gets dry when I use this soap. The price is a bit higher that I used to pay for cleansers (I was using Avene which is cheap where I live whereas Clinique is considered HE) but the result justifies it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 12:54:00 PM More reviews by pupster

I got a generous size sample of this in a GWP. at first I wasn't liking it because I thought the soap was cheaper and longer lasting. However, I have since bought the full size and am really liking it, you don't need a lot for it to lather up and it is less messy and more hygienic than the bar.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 7:03:00 PM More reviews by xchocolatte

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This leaves my face feeling very clean and I like the slight cooling sensation. It's lightly scented - while I don't like the smell, I don't dislike it either. I've never been very sensitive to fragrances. The biggest plus this product has for me is that it truly is mild. Many of the cleansers I've tried have dried out my sensitive skin but this is not one of them! I also have acne-prone skin and this does not make me break out/clog my pores. Love this cleanser!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by nupersoodle

I purchased this a few weeks ago for the first time, initially it caused me to break out around my chin area :( a few days after though it cleared up and i havent had a problem since. It has cleared up my forehead (where i tend to get dry and have blemishes) amazingly! i think, providing you use it consistently, that it is an excellent product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 10:13:00 AM More reviews by jawbreaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I started using this & a few days later noticed my pores starting to clog...and a few more days later I had a massive breakout on my entire face consisting of normal acne & cystic acne that HURT and my face was also swollen & puffy. I do not remember the bar doing this but it has been years since I've used the bar. I have combo/oily/sens/acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first used it, it reminded me of "Purpose facial liquid soap". I dont think it felt like my skin was clean but I used a toner and noticed that I didnt really need the toner because it removed all my makeup while still being gentle to skin. I will definitely use this when the drier months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by LadyAmaryllis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a great no-frills cleanser. I purchased it from Sephora for $14.50, which is not bad at ALL for the huge bottle you get. You only need a little bit so it will last you a long time. The bottle itself is great too--it's typical "clinique green" with a frosted look and has a cap that locks so it's great for travel! I hate having to screw down the pump tops of cleanser bottles whenever I travel, it's always such a pain and I always end up wasting a ton of product.

As a face wash this leaves my skin fresh and clean but does not strip it of all its natural moisture. It is exceptionally mild but not ineffective and best of all, didn't break me out! My skin likes this stuff a lot and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2008 1:41:00 AM More reviews by cookieface

I've been using this cleanser for about two or three weeks (I got samples from Sephora via Beauty Insider) and so far I love it. I use it with their moisturizer (yellow bottle) but not with the clarifying lotion because it smells like rubbing alcohol which indicates it's really strong/drying. Anyway, the cleanser is working really well for me. My skin is somewhat oily on my forehead area only, and pretty normal everywhere else. I rarely/occasionally have big breakouts, but I have those pesky little bumps on my forehead. If you have skin like me, I recommend you trying this, you can always return it (even if it's used) if you don't like it, BUT ONLY IF YOU BUY IT AT SEPHORA..I'm not sure about other places' return policies.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2008 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Stephie2705

This is my HG cleanser! I have been using this cleanser for a couple of years now, and nothing has made my skin feel so smooth and soft as this product does. I use it as part of my 3 step, and I always find together they make my skin feel and look amazing! The packaging is fantastic, you just need to twist the top and push down to activate the pump, which dispenses the right amount of cleanser - which makes the product very sanitary. This is the only cleanser which I have found which doesn't make my skin feel tight and uncomfortable. I would recommend this cleanser to anyone with normal/dry skin types. For anyone that has very dry/sensitive skin, you could try the Extra-mild formulation which is slightly milkier, and for those with oiler skins, they also have an Oily skin formula one! I personally love Clinique products, but from experience I have found it's alike Marmite, you either love it or hate it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by lipreader

This stuff is miraculous. I picked up a bottle on the recommendation that it was good for the fair (ie: sensitive) skinned. I have combo skin and have always found with cleansers in the past they either dry out my cheeks or aren't strong enough around the t-zone, but this cleanser seems to be perfectly balanced! I think it's because it's a liquid soap rather than a harsher more drying 'chemical' liquid.

I can't believe the difference this stuff has made to my face in just over a week - my skin is fresher, softer, has a better tone to it, any break-outs or irritated areas are disappearing at a rapid rate and I generally look much more clarified. Used in combination with Clinique's DDML the skin on my face is in such an improved condition. The fact that it is unscented is an added bonus, but not something I demand from a cleanser.

Price: ~13 (UK) which, on the one hand, is more than I'd usually pay for a soap.. but on the other is completely bargainous for something with SUCH effects, and is very cheap compared to the price of some so-considered 'miracle' face care products. You get a decent sized bottle and only need to use a little liquid at a time so I'm happy with the price and will buy again.

Packaging: no real complaints, except I'd like a lid to put over the pump dispenser to prevent spillages if, say, the bottle is in a bag. The pump can be turned off which is good, but I'd feel even better with a lid. Still, it's a minor point.

In summary, I am a complete convert, I have never been more pleased with the effects of a beauty/make-up/etc. product.
---------------------------
EDIT: it's been almost two years since I first wrote this review and I've come back to knock down my rating slightly. My skin in this time has slowly ended up a big mess. Clinique facial care products are really *nice* for your skin, but in my experience, do nothing for problem skin at all. I really wanted this regime to work for me but I've ended up back using a simple cheap Clean'n'Clear face wash and my skin is in better condition than it has been in months.

The Clinique I imagine would be perfect for someone with fairly non-dramatic skin (the entire 3-step range - the moisturiser is still the most pleasant-feeling I have ever used), but sadly it has not been enough for me and might have made my break-outs worse :(