November 28, 2014 | 1074 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole ULTRA [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by portia89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

it was prettey good, i had some days where it just didnt look as good as others. but it made my skin look flawless and clear without that cakey look mac gives me.more natual. it lasts for a while too,had mine for 3 months so its def worth the price! i would buy it again

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 9:07:00 AM More reviews by green25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I sampled this foundation at my local Lancome counter after finding out it was oil free and good for oily skin and reading great reviews
and I am glad I did, it stayed matte unitl the end of the day
great color match, easy to apply-went on smooth
only complaint is since I have blimishes from acne it really doesn't cover them with one application because it kind of a sheer foundation
but in conjuction with a concealer or even just building more foundation alone I am sure it will cover whatever imperfections one may have
I can't wait to go back and purchase this foundation
oh and another issue this foundation is EXPENSIVE
I will purchase anyway I am sure its worth it.
for reference my color match is Suede 2 (w)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Muuttaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I admit that I tend to do reviews on products that are remarkable in some way, good or bad. Many products I'm indifferent about and don't care much about writing a review about. Many, many high-end foundations fall into this category. Teint Idole is one of those products.

It was mediocre at best. Average coverage, runny texture, not too difficult to apply or blend, didn't break me out too bad, only took 4 hours to completely separate and melt off my face. I only used 1/2 the bottle before I tossed it. Overall, it was meh.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by obsessed12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice foundation!
It's about $45 after tax, and yes it is pretty pricey for a foundation, but I am willing to spend even $100 if it is good quality and if it give me what I want.
I'm kinda really big on skin care and what not so I wont just put some cheap, crappy stuff on my face. I also do have acne prone skin and some what oily.
This gives a really really really sheer coverage, without looking too caky or as if I'm wearing a mask-which is GREAT.
I wish it gave better coverage though..but that's what I get for getting oil-free foundation! whatever..I can deal with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 4:00:00 PM More reviews by looovemac

I love this foundation, I will let all the ladies know a secret shhhh LOL the price it is true that it is expensive BUT I was at Woodbury common NY "Lancome - The Company Outlet" and They had a special on BUY 4 items for $40!!! YES I got this foundation my color ideal powder my concealer and my blush everything for $40 + tax of course!!!!!! LOL.... I just checked their website they don't have the special offer right now but once in probably 2 months they have special offers!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2009 11:56:00 AM More reviews by FallBaby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Currently using EL Double Wear Light and love the staying power of that foundation, but want something with a bit more coverage so I decided to get a sample of Teint Idole from the Lancome counter after seeing positive chatter/reviews for this product on MUA.

Since I only have a sample, I can't speak to the packaging, but I have been pleasantly surprised with this foundation.

The good: Coverage is great. At the Lancome counter, the SA used a foundation brush to apply this and I was a bit worried afterward when I saw how heavy it looked in daylight...it was masklike. I've since applied this with my fingers and with a damp SK blue peep sponge and have found that both methods provide a lighter more natural finish. Interestingly, I find the finish more natural as opposed to matte which I wasn't really expecting with this product. It also feels pretty good on my skin; I've been testing out Revlon Colorstay foundation in Combo/Oily at the same time and find that kind of heavy. Does not seem to initiate breakouts/clogged pores, although I remove this w/MAC Cleansing Oil since it's long wear.

The bad/uncertain: With all that said, the color match of the sample I received -- Bisque 2 -- is too dark, so if I decide to purchase a full bottle of this, I will have to investigate other color options which can be problematic for me as I have pink cheeks and yellow undertoned skin. For reference, I wear EL DW Light 1.0, MAC C2/NC25, MUFE HD 120.

I'm still planning to try a few other foundations, but this is definitely going to go on my list of good foundations.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by MarinesWife03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite foundations for the summer months. It doesn't make my skin look all oily, and it doesn't settle into my fine lines. It really covers well, and I don't even have to use a concealer with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by dibbun

First of all, the thought of spending 40 bucks on a bottle of foundation is outrageous. Second of all, I spent 40 bucks on a bottle of foundation. That's how good it is. Originally, I had settled on MAC Mineralize (NC 25), which I loved because it gave me a glow. However, I found the MAC to be a little too brown/orange when I layered it for extra coverage over acne scarring on my cheeks, and it looked streaky. So, on a whim at Sephora, I asked a sales associate to recommend a foundation that would photograph well (wedding coming up!). She rubbed a little of this on (buff 2). At first I balked at the price, and debated while she drew up a sample. My face felt silky smooth, and it didn't rub off. I couldn't stop looking in the mirror because the coverage was flawlessly silky smooth to the touch (no dirty, muddy color) over imperfections and it didn't rub off, even with out powder. On impulse, I bought it and blended it half and half with the MAC I have, and it's PERFECT. Slightly glowy look, full coverage, best of both worlds. LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 5:23:00 AM More reviews by andreea26

Love this foundation...I've tried different foundation brands, most recently Mac studio fix fluid in NC30, which turned out to be quite a dissapointment, mainly because its way to orange, doesn't cover as well as teint idole and by lunch time my t-zone is oily. Teint idole is the best by far, in texture and feel and longevity, it makes my skin look really really good. The only problem is that here in Australia we only have like 5 or 6 colours available and my match 01 beige alabatre is perfect for winter when my skin is a bit lighter but it's a bit too light for summer, hence needing the mac foundation, and the next darker shade in teint idole which is 03, beige daphaine, is way too orange.. Overall I have bought this foundation now for the third time, after making the mistake of getting the mac one month ago, I have reverted back to this, however, one minor complaint, the price here has increase again!!!... Oh well it's still the best match for my face. Would love it even more if they had a shade for me in summer, but I've reverted to mixing the 01 and 03 in summer.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by redjjojin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in Buff 2 for my NC 20-25 skin, and although the color match is pretty good (but not perfect), the product it self isn't that good. It went on dry, so it seemed to accentuate my tiny facial hairs. It made my skin look really cakey and powerdery. I would have liked it to look like I wasn't wearing foundation, but this made it obvious that I was. I will not be buying this again.