April 21, 2014 | 1856 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2007 8:35:00 AM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ran out of my beloved Olay Age-Defying cleanser (the one with beta hydroxy) and asked my husband to pick me up some more... so of course he came home with this. I had a sneaking suspicion I had tried Olay's Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin a while back but found it broke me out and it turns out that I recalled correctly. My skin is normally quite clear, but during the few weeks I have been using this cleanser I have been having breakouts left and right. I've stopped using it for a few days and I can already tell the difference. I can see where this is a nice basic cleanser for some, but it did not work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2007 6:26:00 PM More reviews by mrsdalloway

This is a fairly gentle, fragrance-free foaming facial cleanser made with glycerin and mild detergents. I really like it.

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Diloleate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Glycol Distearate, PEG 150 Pentaerithritol Tetrastearate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Polyquaternium 10, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Cocamide MEA, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Laureth-9 continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this to be very stripping to my skin - my face felt chapped right after using this the first time. I have normal / combo in summer skin. I honestly don't know how all the ladies' below are using this with such great results.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by TinkR

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mom gets mad because I use hers more than she does. I love to use this to take off make up when I am tired and don't want to worry about following up with another cleanser and a harsh toner just for a clean feeling. It makes my skin feel really soft right after washing, so one night I decided to skip any moisturizer and went straight to bed... well the next morning parts of my face were really dried out, but I don't blame the cleanser, my skin is used to getting a nightly dose of something... I really love this and would use it more if mom didn't get so pissy because I steal hers!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by oilyface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is far one of the best cleansers that I have ever used. I always stray for some odd reason but always ene up going back! This even takes off eye makeup! I have really oily skin and this stuff really works. It controls oil well and does not make my face dry, like Aveeno Positively Ageless cleanser. I will use this for as long as they still make and sell this wonderful cleanser. It is also soap free which is another plus. Great size, reasonable price I paid $7.99.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2007 11:09:00 AM More reviews by hollyjane78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfect product. I've used it for 10 years. I've strayed, but I always come back. Gets my skin clean...even eye makeup.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2007 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Nikki_L

clogged my pores!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2007 1:54:00 PM More reviews by zhenya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just repurchased this cleanser, so I figured it was about time that I write a review! I don't have particularly sensitive skin so I can't comment on how gentle this product is. But on my skin, this works fabulously to take off all my makeup and doesn't strip -- my skin doesn't feel tight afterward like it sometimes does with harsher cleansers. The best part is the hygenic pump dispenser, although it's a pain to travel with. And it's cheap! Less than $5 everywhere I've seen it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2007 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Sweetchica329

I used this when my skin was acne prone and oily (now my skin has changed to slight acne and dry skin). Anyways, I do recall this drying the heck out of my skin and it did irritate my eyes. However, it did remove all of my makeup. It says it is for sensitive skin, but its probably more for normal skin, who likes a good clean. Moreover, I thought it was diffifcult to wash off.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2007 11:03:00 AM More reviews by lucyem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Over the years I tried this many times. It really does nothing for me. Does not really clean my face. I attribute a lot of my blackhead buildup and other issues to years of Olay use. Will never go back.