November 27, 2014 | 1581 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Teddy Eye Kohl

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2005 12:35:00 PM More reviews by shortfist77

Fantastic eyeliner. I'd heard so much about this, but figured it couldn't be all that great, and bought stubborn brown instead, which is a much duller color, and doesn't look as natural somehow. Teddy really matches up with my lashline beautifully; it looks like I've added to the lashline, as opposed to drawing a line on top of it (which is what stubborn brown looked like). Love the warm color. Shows up well, and I'll be wearing this often.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2005 11:38:00 AM More reviews by sarahbella1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this eye kohl because A) it is SUPER easy to use (fool-proof, in fact) and B) the color is beautiful (bronzey-brown). The lasting power seems to be decent. I think I was hoping the color would have a little more "oomph" once it was applied (hazel eyes). I do really like it but since I have a number of brown eyeliners in my arsenal I am not sure if it is special enough to repurchase. UPDATE: exchanged for a Fluidline. It wasn't special enough for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2005 6:56:00 AM More reviews by dana

I can't fault this pencil for anything other than the blandness of the brown. It doesn't do anything for my hazel eyes. I find the brown rather flat. I much prefer Powersurge, which is a semi-metallic bronzey brown. Eye Kohls have amazing texture. They are soft, easy to smudge, and last surprisingly long considering the nature of the product. I highly recommend this product, if not this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2005 3:25:00 PM More reviews by sweeettart579

Love it. I have warm toned medium skin, dark brown eyes, and dark hair. i feel rather vampy when I wear black eyeliner, and boring when I wear plain brown, but this eyeliner and GORGEOUS. It's a dark brown with a fine gold sheen...it works for me, AND my pale, blonde, blue-eyed friend. My HG for years now, I will continue to repurchase.

UPDATE: I'm about 3-4 shades paler than I was before, and Teddy still looks beautiful. I have found that is smudges like no other (bc its a kohl), so to make it stay longer I will somtimes apply a thin layer of Rich Ground Fluidliner over it...Voila! Stays all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2005 2:13:00 PM More reviews by sabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Perfect bronzey-brown. I absolutely love it and I have NEVER been a brown eyeliner fan. Eye kohls are the best!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2005 7:59:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, my verdict is in: MAC Teddy vs. Laura Mercier's Brown Copper... And the winner is... MAC TEDDY by many hours!I tried LM's Brown Copper after so many rave reviews on MUA, and I did like the softness and color of the LM pencil. However, I noticed it faded quickly thoughout the day, whereas the MAC Teddy lasted not only all day in 90+ heat, but well into the night!Congrats, MAC Teddy... you get MY vote!! :) continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2005 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Sydney85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The color looks great on my fair skin and I really liked wearing it better than regular browns. I've noticed though, after I wear it and wash it off my eyes become extremely swollen, I think I might be allergic to the kohl, but I still really love the quality and color of this pencil. It goes on extremely smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2005 11:52:00 AM More reviews by girltak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a swap and it's definitely one of the best items I've received. I love the color because it looks great with my brown eyes and adds a bit of interest without being to bright or sparkely (which isn't my thing). Also, the texture is great, it apply very smoothly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2005 6:00:00 PM More reviews by misstuesday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't leave the house unless I wear eyeliner. Period. Even if I wear nothing else. Which means I have tried so many eyeliners...

I was a blackest black kind of girl, but then I decided to try something new and got Teddy. I didn't expect it to be so beautiful - it seemed like it would be a more basic brown, but it's slightly metallic, bronzey, way more sohpisticated than plain black.
Its staying power is good, it kind of stays but for a cleaner, perfect look your have to reapply after a couple of hours.

I wear it all the time, I would definitely repurchase.
And by the way, comparing to all those other really expensive stuff out there, this one is much better and priced decently. Great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2005 1:05:00 PM More reviews by bigemom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first MAC eye kohl. The color is not what I expected. I thought I would be getting a brown eyeliner but it is more of a shimmery coppery/bronze brown. It is very very flattering. I am very fair with green eyes and this is just the perfect everyday color to wear. The eye kohl is soft and goes on very easy, it glides right on without any tugging. It did start to fade near the end of the day but lasted longer than many other brands that I have tried. It removes easily with my normal makeup remover and did not bother my eyes or contact. Fabulous product and look forward to trying new colors.