MAC Teddy Eye Kohl

4.4

Hydrogenated coco-glycerides, triethylhexanoin, beeswax\cera alba\cire d'abeille, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, dipentaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax\cera carnauba\cire de carnauba, polymethyl methacrylate, ozokerite, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, lecithin, citric acid [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), aluminum powder (CI 77000), blue 1 lake (CI 42090), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), carmine (CI 75470), chromium hydroxide green (CI 77289), chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), manganese violet (CI 77742), ultramarines (CI 77007), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140)]

on 9/9/2005 1:32:00 AM

I usually don't get too excited about eyeliners--it seems that most of them are pretty much the same and I usually can't justify spending more than 3 or 4 dollars for one--but Teddy is my exception. It's a beautiful warm brown with just a little shimmer that really makes the most of my golden-brown eyes. I just wish I could find a more reasonably priced duplicate, but until I do, I'll continue to repurchase, as I have many times before :)

I loved the color of this pencil, but I hate the way it fades! It goes on OK though, but I think that a clinique pencil will be my next eyeliner purchase.

on 8/29/2005 12:35:00 PM

Fantastic eyeliner. I'd heard so much about this, but figured it couldn't be all that great, and bought stubborn brown instead, which is a much duller color, and doesn't look as natural somehow. Teddy really matches up with my lashline beautifully; it looks like I've added to the lashline, as opposed to drawing a line on top of it (which is what stubborn brown looked like). Love the warm color. Shows up well, and I'll be wearing this often.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this eye kohl because A) it is SUPER easy to use (fool-proof, in fact) and B) the color is beautiful (bronzey-brown). The lasting power seems to be decent. I think I was hoping the color would have a little more "oomph" once it was applied (hazel eyes). I do really like it but since I have a number of brown eyeliners in my arsenal I am not sure if it is special enough to repurchase. UPDATE: exchanged for a Fluidline. It wasn't special enough for me.

on 8/22/2005 6:56:00 AM

I can't fault this pencil for anything other than the blandness of the brown. It doesn't do anything for my hazel eyes. I find the brown rather flat. I much prefer Powersurge, which is a semi-metallic bronzey brown. Eye Kohls have amazing texture. They are soft, easy to smudge, and last surprisingly long considering the nature of the product. I highly recommend this product, if not this color.

Love it. I have warm toned medium skin, dark brown eyes, and dark hair. i feel rather vampy when I wear black eyeliner, and boring when I wear plain brown, but this eyeliner and GORGEOUS. It's a dark brown with a fine gold sheen...it works for me, AND my pale, blonde, blue-eyed friend. My HG for years now, I will continue to repurchase.

UPDATE: I'm about 3-4 shades paler than I was before, and Teddy still looks beautiful. I have found that is smudges like no other (bc its a kohl), so to make it stay longer I will somtimes apply a thin layer of Rich Ground Fluidliner over it...Voila! Stays all day.

on 7/22/2005 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Perfect bronzey-brown. I absolutely love it and I have NEVER been a brown eyeliner fan. Eye kohls are the best!

on 7/21/2005 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Okay, my verdict is in: MAC Teddy vs. Laura Mercier's Brown Copper... And the winner is... MAC TEDDY by many hours!I tried LM's Brown Copper after so many rave reviews on MUA, and I did like the softness and color of the LM pencil. However, I noticed it faded quickly thoughout the day, whereas the MAC Teddy lasted not only all day in 90+ heat, but well into the night!Congrats, MAC Teddy... you get MY vote!! :) continued >>

on 7/21/2005 1:25:00 PM

The color looks great on my fair skin and I really liked wearing it better than regular browns. I've noticed though, after I wear it and wash it off my eyes become extremely swollen, I think I might be allergic to the kohl, but I still really love the quality and color of this pencil. It goes on extremely smooth.

on 7/11/2005 11:52:00 AM

I got this in a swap and it's definitely one of the best items I've received. I love the color because it looks great with my brown eyes and adds a bit of interest without being to bright or sparkely (which isn't my thing). Also, the texture is great, it apply very smoothly.