September 19, 2014 | 956 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Vanillacandle24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this and I have to say it covers excellently! I have fair skin and it matches my skin perfectly. I don't need any concealer and the spf is great.

Edit to say: This cause pumps on my skin.. will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 9:21:00 AM More reviews by abercrombie856

When I saw this in my local drugstore I decided to try this for my very pale skin tone, and I'm so happy I did. I tried this on and it gives such a natural, non caked look. I doesnt make my sensitive skin breakout at all! It gives such a flawless finished look. The only con I can think of is that it kind of wears of during the day. I use moisterizer with it so it can stay on all day long. I AM definitely going to buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by lint_licker

I love this product. It works great and is gentle to my skin. I think it works really well for evening out skin tone and covering shine.

The only problem I had with it was that every compact of this product I have ever had has broken in some way or another--which is very frustrating.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2008 4:42:00 AM More reviews by jetzickah

I loved this, but unfortunately it broke me out. Their non-mineral didn't cause any problems on my skin, but sadly it didn't cover near as well as this did...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by ninalinska

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's a long journey to find the right foundation, and this is not perfect but it's pretty good. I've always had breakouts and my goal in life was to ONE DAY have flawless-looking skin. I'm not there, but it's honestly the best it's been (now that I'm in my mid-40s). I've had help, though, by having treatments (Portrait skin resurfacing, Obagi, retin-A) to remove sun-damaged skin. My skin has gotten more sensitive as I've aged, then with the treatments it was super-sensitive. I finally found this talc-free pressed powder that was gentle on my skin. It did not accentuate the slight peeling on my skin as much as the liquid foundation I used to use, and I had found that Bare Minerals looked dry and cakey. This stuff blends in almost flawlessly (I apply over spf 55 Neutrogena) and over time actually looks dewy (not greasy). I've been told my skin is "glowing." The only issue I have is around my eyes the skin is more papery and this can accentuate that, but on the rest of my face it looks flawless. It's quick and easy to apply. I use a concealer on certain spots and sometimes the green color-correcting powder (I have a tendency to have some redness in areas) and then this on top with a PF blusher. I've recently been using the Kabuki brush from BE and it makes it flawless! It looks natural even in bright daylight. I'm not a huge fan of packaging with the mirror the way it has to be flipped up, but I can deal with it. Never use the brush that comes with it. I have a little difficulty finding the perfect color but it blends easily down my neck. I think if the top of the container were not convex, then I could so easily stack my different blushers/bronzers but instead they have to be set out all over my counter.
Update: 2/11/2010 I still use this foundation. I use different colors in layers. The translucent is too light and does not look flattering to me, but it has a yellowish base and is great to camouflage reddish areas. Then, I go back over with the creamy natural to put a little color on my face (and neck!). I am now using the RX concealer from PF. I'm still not a fan of the compact and the brush is useless so I just through it away.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 9:39:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

Pros - good colour match for my skin.
Cons - Everything else!!!
This looks powdery and cakey on my skin. It gets streaky as the day wears on. I have to use far too many layers to get any sort of coverage (and I don't bother with heavy coverage from any foundation) and the packaging sucks.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2008 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Kimmy3Girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a simple light powder foundation to wear on the days when I needed some coverage for any blemishes or imperfections and didn't want to face the world with a bare face.. This foundation did its job I guess. I put on some concealer and this over the top. it did cover well. But it kinda made my face seem a little ...dull? The colour didn really match either. I have insane pale skin, it's hard to find foundations that do. I think I'll keep searching for my perfect 'everyday' powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by wildwoodflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My sister give me this to try. She didn't like it, she thought it was to heavy.
I think it is to heavy ( for me to ) to wear over foundation.

But, it's great if you want to wear it alone. Or with some concealer. Gives you that natural look. You have to be light handed with it. Or it can get a little to thick/cakey.

Is hasn't broken me out.
It's not something I use all the time. But everynow and then, when I don't want to put foundation on, I will grab this. I would buy it again, when I run out. It's something I like to have in my makeup box.. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by alyc44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this the other day because I was looking for a "bronzer" like powder because I have very fair skin. So far, it seems to be working very well and it gives enough colour so I dont look as pale. I like how it's matte and doesn't make my face sparkly, and it looks natural. Compared to what other people have said, I actually do like the packaging with the mirror that flips out. I havent broken out yet or had a reaction so so far it's going well ! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2008 9:23:00 AM More reviews by AllGirl

This product made me break out. I have realized that mineral formulations from most brand cause acne on me and this brand was no exception. I used it for 2 months and when I stopped the acne went away. I do love normal powders from this brand, however! (The non mineral multicolored powders).