Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 3/26/2009 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I went to ride aid because I had a gift card and was fisrt looking at neutrogena, but then I shift to physicians formula because neutrogena didn't have the color I was looking for. So it was buy one get on half off on PF. I bought the mineral wear talc-free in beige and I grabbed the talc-free blush in rosy glow. I used a brush and lightly went over my face (just to try). Its been 2 hours, and my face looks fine. No oily t-zone or cheeks. I kind of like it. This goes perfect with the blush. but I'll test it out more to see what happens.

03/27/09
so I tried it and it gives me this dewy look. I think I may only use it if I'm going out or something. But maybe not to work because it really looks like I have foundation on.

I got this powder in Translucent, and it's pretty much perfect for my skin colour. The packaging was pretty attractive and just the way it looked was unique, so I gave it a try. I HATE the brush. I'll need to find a replacement soon. But, the powder itself is pretty wonderful and supposedly healthy... Well... We'll see! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really love this powder (:
I bought this not expecting too much but i've been using it for about a year. I love it! It hasn't made me break out at all. Love, love, love it!<3

on 3/20/2009 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff. It's cheap and the package lasts a while. It blends decently and covers blemishes pretty well, as long as the blemish is not extremely dark or flaky. I find that it does make my skin look sort of dry, and definitely accentuates flakiness if my skin is already flaky, but it's expected. I've never used any kind of powder that doesn't do that. The only thing I don't like about it is that it takes about an hour or two and my face looks oily again. Took away a lippy for a crappy brush and stupid design (the mirror is under the powder - huge pain to keep flipping from powder to mirror).

on 3/14/2009 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I got this in a shade lighter than my own because it was winter. When i got it, i looked at the brush, put some in the powder and immediately threw away the brush. i recommend you do the same if you get this.It was a little too light for my skin color, but later it became my exact shade. the powder is in a zebra or mosaic arrangement of two colors. look at the darker color because it is the only one you'll be getting in a few months because the product will be blended out and the lighter color will be gone. the product is very light weighted and i really love it. the coverage is nice but wont cover the heavy discoloration on the bridge of my nose, so i'm looking for a concealer. ALSO! no acne!!! i'm very happy about this because all of the foundation i bought before this clog my pores :[ i will get this again.

on 3/10/2009 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Every morning, I apply a light moisturizer right before I apply this light powder. It sometimes comes on a bit ashy at first and takes a few hours to naturally mesh with your skin, but I'd say overall that this is a great way to go if you have acne prone skin, like I do.

I would also highly recommend using a different brush, since the one this powder comes with is nothing but an abrasive joke. Give it a shot, and you'll discover that the texture is not only somewhat creamy, but definitely something worth considering. The choice of shades are limited, but it's definitely worth it at a great price!

on 2/21/2009 11:53:00 AM

Fair combo skin leaning toward oily. The lightest color in this was a little too dark and turned orange on me by the end of the day. Did nothing to help with the oilies. The applicator brush thing is HORRIBLE. Yuck.

JUST PLAIN BAD! It got into my pores. I hate mineral makeup anyway. It's junk; I hope they phase it out. It also broke the bank to buy the whole set.

on 2/12/2009 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i love this compact. i think the brush sucks tho so when i'm at home i use a face brush and on the go i buy disposable facial sponges which put more on. this never makes me break out and i don't feel like i have too much make up caked on (unlike other brands, like mac, it actually looks like my skin not a mask). my only complaint is that it doesn't last as long as i'd like.

on 1/26/2009 12:26:00 AM

it does keep my face from breaking out. i had gotten the lightest shade, but i had to reapply it so much to hide my shine problems it looked too dark on me!
i wish it would stay the way it is when i first put it on. its really light feeling and makes my skin look even toned. but my oil problems on my tzone are just too much for this powder.