November 26, 2014 | 1339 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Face Powder SPF 16

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Kammers10

My mom bought this in a kit, good deal & she knew I was looking into mineral powders. I purchased translucent and it must have been a mislabel, because it is VERY heavy coverage, and it is light toned. It made me look PALE, yuck. I even used a huge powder brush, it just magnetized to my foundation. And it stayed there ALL day. I felt like my skin was suffocating! Good quality-very smooth powder, but far too matte and heavy. I even grinded it into loose powder, STILL too heavy. PF has always had lousy designs for their pressed powder cases-yes, it's more sanitary to have the brush/puff in separate compartment, but the mirror is UNDERNEATH the product, alot of flipping and manuevering. So, this went out with the trash. I went back out and bought more Belightful, as I just bought Studio Tech which has some powder so maybe I won't have to bother with a separate powder!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by angelica10

I have this powder in creamy natural. At first I liked it because it seemed to give good coverage. But the more I used it, the more I noticed that the colour was too dark and I started breaking out. Never buying this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2008 6:14:00 PM More reviews by tennismnky93

i have the foundation in buff beige. i use it every day with no primer and no moisturizer because my skin (mainly t zone, not really my cheek area) is oily ! this works almost as a blotting powder for me and i only have to reapply once around lunch time. people say this makes them break out but i don't see break out on my cheeks which is where i could probably judge if it was the foundation. as far as my t-zone, none really around my chin, maybe two but that's normal so i don't believe that is from the foundation. as for my forehead, my forehead always has bumps, not quite acne, but bumps. that's average though also so not a fault of the foundation. i did notice that i have gotten a few more whiteheads so that may be from the foundation. it honestly gives me good coverage and its pretty pigmented for a drugstore brand foundation. i'd love to try the liquid kind but over all this is pretty good ! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by luckyhappy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i really like this powder, it's simple and neat. i put moisturizer on before it so my face doesn't get oily, and make sure you don't use the brush it comes with! i think it's kind of crappy. i have it in beige. love!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Vanillacandle24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this and I have to say it covers excellently! I have fair skin and it matches my skin perfectly. I don't need any concealer and the spf is great.

Edit to say: This cause pumps on my skin.. will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 9:21:00 AM More reviews by abercrombie856

When I saw this in my local drugstore I decided to try this for my very pale skin tone, and I'm so happy I did. I tried this on and it gives such a natural, non caked look. I doesnt make my sensitive skin breakout at all! It gives such a flawless finished look. The only con I can think of is that it kind of wears of during the day. I use moisterizer with it so it can stay on all day long. I AM definitely going to buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by lint_licker

I love this product. It works great and is gentle to my skin. I think it works really well for evening out skin tone and covering shine.

The only problem I had with it was that every compact of this product I have ever had has broken in some way or another--which is very frustrating.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2008 4:42:00 AM More reviews by jetzickah

I loved this, but unfortunately it broke me out. Their non-mineral didn't cause any problems on my skin, but sadly it didn't cover near as well as this did...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by ninalinska

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's a long journey to find the right foundation, and this is not perfect but it's pretty good. I've always had breakouts and my goal in life was to ONE DAY have flawless-looking skin. I'm not there, but it's honestly the best it's been (now that I'm in my mid-40s). I've had help, though, by having treatments (Portrait skin resurfacing, Obagi, retin-A) to remove sun-damaged skin. My skin has gotten more sensitive as I've aged, then with the treatments it was super-sensitive. I finally found this talc-free pressed powder that was gentle on my skin. It did not accentuate the slight peeling on my skin as much as the liquid foundation I used to use, and I had found that Bare Minerals looked dry and cakey. This stuff blends in almost flawlessly (I apply over spf 55 Neutrogena) and over time actually looks dewy (not greasy). I've been told my skin is "glowing." The only issue I have is around my eyes the skin is more papery and this can accentuate that, but on the rest of my face it looks flawless. It's quick and easy to apply. I use a concealer on certain spots and sometimes the green color-correcting powder (I have a tendency to have some redness in areas) and then this on top with a PF blusher. I've recently been using the Kabuki brush from BE and it makes it flawless! It looks natural even in bright daylight. I'm not a huge fan of packaging with the mirror the way it has to be flipped up, but I can deal with it. Never use the brush that comes with it. I have a little difficulty finding the perfect color but it blends easily down my neck. I think if the top of the container were not convex, then I could so easily stack my different blushers/bronzers but instead they have to be set out all over my counter.
Update: 2/11/2010 I still use this foundation. I use different colors in layers. The translucent is too light and does not look flattering to me, but it has a yellowish base and is great to camouflage reddish areas. Then, I go back over with the creamy natural to put a little color on my face (and neck!). I am now using the RX concealer from PF. I'm still not a fan of the compact and the brush is useless so I just through it away.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 9:39:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

Pros - good colour match for my skin.
Cons - Everything else!!!
This looks powdery and cakey on my skin. It gets streaky as the day wears on. I have to use far too many layers to get any sort of coverage (and I don't bother with heavy coverage from any foundation) and the packaging sucks.