April 17, 2014 | 1756 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Mineral Face Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2007 1:17:00 PM More reviews by mommyholly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this powder. I have very sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. Nothing seems to agree with my face. Except this and the mineral wear liquid, which I love just as much. I have it in Beige because my skin is tan but translucent tones down my natural color. I have to blot about twice a day and thats it. I love this and will continue to buy it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 12:04:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very disappointed in this. I love the loose powder version. I'm on my third jar of that, but was looking for something to slip in my purse when I go out. This fit the bill. It comes in compact form and with a brush. When I applied it to my face, I noticed that it went on very heavy looking, even with a light application. It also didn't offer the coverage I needed, since I deal with facial redness. It stung a bit too. I'm afriad I'm going to have to return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2007 8:55:00 PM More reviews by fuzzylumps

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Claim to Fame: Maintains a natural appearance by gently absorbing oil without drying and helping to minimize the appearance of fine lines. For extra sensitive or breakout-prone skin!
Get Real: I really like this, I have it in Light Bronzer. It's perfect for my pale skin, really warms it up. I don't see how it would minimize the appearance of fine lines... but I don't have any anyway. One caveat is if you even LIGHTLY swipe a brush over it, the thing turns all powdery, and it gets all over your hand and wrist. In this way, it's not a good option for a quick touch-up in a public bathroom. Overall, it's an excellent face powder to get all bronze-y without looking fake.
Morning After: This didn't make me break out during the day, BUT, the one time I left it on without washing my face at night, I got these really ugly pimples on one side of my face. Perhaps it was my pillow, perhaps it was this... but something like that has never happened to me before.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by callmecordelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in "Translucent" to replace my MAC Select Sheer Pressed in NW20. The colour is just about right, and it's quite sheer. I get a fairly natural finish from it -- matte but not excessively so.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2007 12:43:00 AM More reviews by drFrankincense

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this because I was looking for a new powder to use, I was interested in the mineral wear so I got this one in Creamy Natural. I was going to choose Translucent as it looks like my skin color, but when applied it was too light. I am very happy with this product!! It doesn't make my skin break out, it doesn't get cakey on my face, and the applicator little brush thing is perfect. I just purchased my second one...that must be good! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2007 10:42:00 AM More reviews by lipsticklilly

This is the 3rd MMU I have tried and unfortunately, my skin just does not cooperate with MMU. It looks like I have spackled my skin with a mask. The coverage is not even and it accentuates my already large pores. My face became extremely shiny mid day. I have tried to play with the application of this one too - I mostly used a big kabuki brush to apply. This one had to go back too.....:(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2007 8:34:00 PM More reviews by phoebe78910

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i bought this powder when i had bad problem with acne...
back then it didnt help to cover my acne at all bcos it was so oily and bumpy..
so i left it in my drawer and didnt use it for over 5 months..
but now that my skin is competely cleared up i took this powder out just for the fun of it as i dont really need to use any sort of foundation or powder
but after a couple of days of using this i was completely hooked..
i just put a little concealer under my eyes and on some uneven patches and then
apply this powder with a big (very expensive lol) fluffy brush..
and my skin looks almost flawless
the color is a tad too light (translucent) but i can make it work by adding
some rimmel natural sun bronzing powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2007 4:18:00 PM More reviews by kimthoang

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

pale Asian . Was looking to replace my Mac NC20. This works great on me when I use it as concealer to hide dark spots. Blends in perfectly. Can't tell that it's there at all. Leaves me looking flawless. Not dry, cakey like Bare Minerals. Too light to use for all over, so I use this to delete dark areas under my eyes and spots.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2007 10:23:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in sand beige because I have an olive/medium skintone. I use a makeup sponge instead of the brush it came with, and its a medium coverage powder similar to Lancome dual makeup powder. I really like that it is a mixture of two colors, that way I'm not one color all over. I have very oily skin and this powder doesnt control my oil rather, since its medium coverage, helps my foundation stay on longer. Even after a workout, it doesnt clog my pores, doesnt rub off on my light colored clothing in the daytime, and comes off easily with a pre-moistioned cleansing cloth. Best part is that its not shiny or "ghost white cast" like Bare Minerals. The price is up there but you get alot of powder for your money. While using this I usually powder my nose 4x a day, and I use md formulations products on my skin, and a peel once a month to control my oily skin from any breakouts. I probably shop around before I buy this again. I really like it but I dont love it because it doesnt control my oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2007 3:03:00 AM More reviews by kbrehm

I have been using the pressed mineral wear powder for a few months now and I love it!! I have combo skin, light crows feet, large pores and adult acne issues. NOT ANYMORE!!! This stuff completely stabilized my skin. I am 38, but now my skin looks 10 years younger. I use a sponge to lightly put it on in the morning and I use a brush to touch-up during the day. I used to powder my face 5+ times a day, just to keep from looking oily. Now I only do 1 touch-up a day. It took a couple of months to get my skin to this point, but the wait was well worth it. ps- throw the brush away and put a thin puff/sponge in the compartment instead.