Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 3/20/2009 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff. It's cheap and the package lasts a while. It blends decently and covers blemishes pretty well, as long as the blemish is not extremely dark or flaky. I find that it does make my skin look sort of dry, and definitely accentuates flakiness if my skin is already flaky, but it's expected. I've never used any kind of powder that doesn't do that. The only thing I don't like about it is that it takes about an hour or two and my face looks oily again. Took away a lippy for a crappy brush and stupid design (the mirror is under the powder - huge pain to keep flipping from powder to mirror).

on 3/14/2009 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I got this in a shade lighter than my own because it was winter. When i got it, i looked at the brush, put some in the powder and immediately threw away the brush. i recommend you do the same if you get this.It was a little too light for my skin color, but later it became my exact shade. the powder is in a zebra or mosaic arrangement of two colors. look at the darker color because it is the only one you'll be getting in a few months because the product will be blended out and the lighter color will be gone. the product is very light weighted and i really love it. the coverage is nice but wont cover the heavy discoloration on the bridge of my nose, so i'm looking for a concealer. ALSO! no acne!!! i'm very happy about this because all of the foundation i bought before this clog my pores :[ i will get this again.

on 3/10/2009 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Every morning, I apply a light moisturizer right before I apply this light powder. It sometimes comes on a bit ashy at first and takes a few hours to naturally mesh with your skin, but I'd say overall that this is a great way to go if you have acne prone skin, like I do.

I would also highly recommend using a different brush, since the one this powder comes with is nothing but an abrasive joke. Give it a shot, and you'll discover that the texture is not only somewhat creamy, but definitely something worth considering. The choice of shades are limited, but it's definitely worth it at a great price!

on 2/21/2009 11:53:00 AM

Fair combo skin leaning toward oily. The lightest color in this was a little too dark and turned orange on me by the end of the day. Did nothing to help with the oilies. The applicator brush thing is HORRIBLE. Yuck.

JUST PLAIN BAD! It got into my pores. I hate mineral makeup anyway. It's junk; I hope they phase it out. It also broke the bank to buy the whole set.

on 2/12/2009 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i love this compact. i think the brush sucks tho so when i'm at home i use a face brush and on the go i buy disposable facial sponges which put more on. this never makes me break out and i don't feel like i have too much make up caked on (unlike other brands, like mac, it actually looks like my skin not a mask). my only complaint is that it doesn't last as long as i'd like.

on 1/26/2009 12:26:00 AM

it does keep my face from breaking out. i had gotten the lightest shade, but i had to reapply it so much to hide my shine problems it looked too dark on me!
i wish it would stay the way it is when i first put it on. its really light feeling and makes my skin look even toned. but my oil problems on my tzone are just too much for this powder.

on 1/19/2009 11:05:00 AM

im definitely a powder foundation devotee and had recently been searching for one with decent spf protection. it is amazing how many brands (high and low end) make claims of spf 15 or 20, but lack UVA protection.

i had passed over this product a million times, but spotted it over the weekend and was attracted to it because it utilized titanium dioxide and zinc as the active sunscreens, and the rest of the ingredients list was pretty minimal. i bought it in "translucent light," which turned out to be a touch too dark. besides that, i loved the coverage. light, non-cakey, and matte. i exchanged the light one for "translucent" and it is a better match for me. so far it hasn't oxidized at all and it wears evenly all day.

the breakout test was when i wore it all day yesterday and even fell asleep in it, and did not wake up to any clogged pores. i feel apprehensive suggesting that it may be an HG so early in, but for now it looks great, is cheap and easily accessible, and seems to be safe for my acne prone skin. recommended!

1/26/09--unfortunately i have to update with some sad news: this broke me out! as a rule, anything that shouldnt work for my skin does and vice versa and that was very much the case for this powder. it seems to have such safe ingredients, but after about 4 days of wear i got a few giant blemishes in strange places. i quit using it and am back to clear skin. also, even the translucent was still too dark for me, and when i blotted midway through the day, the residue that came off was orange. yikes!

on 1/16/2009 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I just found an old compact of this in the talc-free version (Beige). Years ago it was a daily staple. It covered well enough and kept the oilies at bay for most of the day. I switched over to loose minerals and must've tried a dozen different brands, none of which I really cared for. Then for the first time in my life I went to liquid foundations. Again, most of them weren't all that and it was more work than I wanted to bother with. So, I'm back to powder foundations and right now I'm between my Nars and Estee Lauder Double Wear compacts. I don't have much of this left but I may add it into my rotation and see if it compares. Who knows, I may start buying it again. The price is certainly right.

on 1/6/2009 10:29:00 AM

Really wanted to like this. Color and price is good but anywhere I put this on my skin it gets patchy. No matter what I do, it won't blend. :-(