December 20, 2014 | 1743 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Face Powder SPF 16

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by riversyren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My experience with mineral make up is limited, but I've found that I have to buy something that looks a lot darker than I am! This stuff is okay--esp. for the price. I get it at Wal Greens (they always have some sale so it's like $8).
I don't like this second compact as much as I did the first one, I'm getting more of that powdery thing going on this time. The compact itself is rather bulky (I took it apart and put the multi colored concealer in the bottom half!) and the brush really is a joke! I like it because it doesn't irritate me and really evens out my skin tone in a hurry. Also, I can carry it in my purse & reapply w/o too much mess or fuss.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been using Maybelline Shine-Free, but decided to try this PF mineral powder. What a mistake - first the plastic clasp broke the first time I used it. The brush is ridiculous. The pigment is gray-looking. The powder is very obvious and cakey on the face. I returned it. Can't believe they had a price on this at CVS for $13.99 - ugh!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2008 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Kimmy3Girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I duno about this powder. I use the lightest colour and a big powder brush to apply. Looks very obvious that I'm wearing powder. Makes me look even more pale than I am. I like the minerals and all that but I just don't think it really does what it should do or says it does.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Kammers10

My mom bought this in a kit, good deal & she knew I was looking into mineral powders. I purchased translucent and it must have been a mislabel, because it is VERY heavy coverage, and it is light toned. It made me look PALE, yuck. I even used a huge powder brush, it just magnetized to my foundation. And it stayed there ALL day. I felt like my skin was suffocating! Good quality-very smooth powder, but far too matte and heavy. I even grinded it into loose powder, STILL too heavy. PF has always had lousy designs for their pressed powder cases-yes, it's more sanitary to have the brush/puff in separate compartment, but the mirror is UNDERNEATH the product, alot of flipping and manuevering. So, this went out with the trash. I went back out and bought more Belightful, as I just bought Studio Tech which has some powder so maybe I won't have to bother with a separate powder!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by angelica10

I have this powder in creamy natural. At first I liked it because it seemed to give good coverage. But the more I used it, the more I noticed that the colour was too dark and I started breaking out. Never buying this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2008 6:14:00 PM More reviews by tennismnky93

i have the foundation in buff beige. i use it every day with no primer and no moisturizer because my skin (mainly t zone, not really my cheek area) is oily ! this works almost as a blotting powder for me and i only have to reapply once around lunch time. people say this makes them break out but i don't see break out on my cheeks which is where i could probably judge if it was the foundation. as far as my t-zone, none really around my chin, maybe two but that's normal so i don't believe that is from the foundation. as for my forehead, my forehead always has bumps, not quite acne, but bumps. that's average though also so not a fault of the foundation. i did notice that i have gotten a few more whiteheads so that may be from the foundation. it honestly gives me good coverage and its pretty pigmented for a drugstore brand foundation. i'd love to try the liquid kind but over all this is pretty good ! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by luckyhappy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i really like this powder, it's simple and neat. i put moisturizer on before it so my face doesn't get oily, and make sure you don't use the brush it comes with! i think it's kind of crappy. i have it in beige. love!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Vanillacandle24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this and I have to say it covers excellently! I have fair skin and it matches my skin perfectly. I don't need any concealer and the spf is great.

Edit to say: This cause pumps on my skin.. will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 9:21:00 AM More reviews by abercrombie856

When I saw this in my local drugstore I decided to try this for my very pale skin tone, and I'm so happy I did. I tried this on and it gives such a natural, non caked look. I doesnt make my sensitive skin breakout at all! It gives such a flawless finished look. The only con I can think of is that it kind of wears of during the day. I use moisterizer with it so it can stay on all day long. I AM definitely going to buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by lint_licker

I love this product. It works great and is gentle to my skin. I think it works really well for evening out skin tone and covering shine.

The only problem I had with it was that every compact of this product I have ever had has broken in some way or another--which is very frustrating.