Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 3/10/2009 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Every morning, I apply a light moisturizer right before I apply this light powder. It sometimes comes on a bit ashy at first and takes a few hours to naturally mesh with your skin, but I'd say overall that this is a great way to go if you have acne prone skin, like I do.

I would also highly recommend using a different brush, since the one this powder comes with is nothing but an abrasive joke. Give it a shot, and you'll discover that the texture is not only somewhat creamy, but definitely something worth considering. The choice of shades are limited, but it's definitely worth it at a great price!

on 2/21/2009 11:53:00 AM

Fair combo skin leaning toward oily. The lightest color in this was a little too dark and turned orange on me by the end of the day. Did nothing to help with the oilies. The applicator brush thing is HORRIBLE. Yuck.

JUST PLAIN BAD! It got into my pores. I hate mineral makeup anyway. It's junk; I hope they phase it out. It also broke the bank to buy the whole set.

on 2/12/2009 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i love this compact. i think the brush sucks tho so when i'm at home i use a face brush and on the go i buy disposable facial sponges which put more on. this never makes me break out and i don't feel like i have too much make up caked on (unlike other brands, like mac, it actually looks like my skin not a mask). my only complaint is that it doesn't last as long as i'd like.

on 1/26/2009 12:26:00 AM

it does keep my face from breaking out. i had gotten the lightest shade, but i had to reapply it so much to hide my shine problems it looked too dark on me!
i wish it would stay the way it is when i first put it on. its really light feeling and makes my skin look even toned. but my oil problems on my tzone are just too much for this powder.

on 1/19/2009 11:05:00 AM

im definitely a powder foundation devotee and had recently been searching for one with decent spf protection. it is amazing how many brands (high and low end) make claims of spf 15 or 20, but lack UVA protection.

i had passed over this product a million times, but spotted it over the weekend and was attracted to it because it utilized titanium dioxide and zinc as the active sunscreens, and the rest of the ingredients list was pretty minimal. i bought it in "translucent light," which turned out to be a touch too dark. besides that, i loved the coverage. light, non-cakey, and matte. i exchanged the light one for "translucent" and it is a better match for me. so far it hasn't oxidized at all and it wears evenly all day.

the breakout test was when i wore it all day yesterday and even fell asleep in it, and did not wake up to any clogged pores. i feel apprehensive suggesting that it may be an HG so early in, but for now it looks great, is cheap and easily accessible, and seems to be safe for my acne prone skin. recommended!

1/26/09--unfortunately i have to update with some sad news: this broke me out! as a rule, anything that shouldnt work for my skin does and vice versa and that was very much the case for this powder. it seems to have such safe ingredients, but after about 4 days of wear i got a few giant blemishes in strange places. i quit using it and am back to clear skin. also, even the translucent was still too dark for me, and when i blotted midway through the day, the residue that came off was orange. yikes!

on 1/16/2009 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I just found an old compact of this in the talc-free version (Beige). Years ago it was a daily staple. It covered well enough and kept the oilies at bay for most of the day. I switched over to loose minerals and must've tried a dozen different brands, none of which I really cared for. Then for the first time in my life I went to liquid foundations. Again, most of them weren't all that and it was more work than I wanted to bother with. So, I'm back to powder foundations and right now I'm between my Nars and Estee Lauder Double Wear compacts. I don't have much of this left but I may add it into my rotation and see if it compares. Who knows, I may start buying it again. The price is certainly right.

on 1/6/2009 10:29:00 AM

Really wanted to like this. Color and price is good but anywhere I put this on my skin it gets patchy. No matter what I do, it won't blend. :-(

on 1/5/2009 8:30:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Colorgirl333 solved any problem I had with this product and a lot of others as well. As soon as I read how she crushed up the powder, I literally grabbed mine and ran into the kitchen. I not only crushed it, I put if through a sifter as well. Now I have twice as much product and will be able to use less. I loved the idea so much that I did the same with two blushes and only stopped when I ran out of jars! One more thing. If you use a funnel to get it into the jar, it might stick. I guess is one way of finding out how much oil there is.

on 1/5/2009 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use this powder in translucent everyday. It didn't make my skin look great or anything, but it's natural n light on my skin. the coverage is not great, but i don't wanna look cakey n powdery. if you have sort of dark or tan skin, i don't recommend getting this powder in translucent because it does have some color.

I use moisturizer all over my face n neck, n put concealer under eye n for spots, n then i use this powder. i've been using this powder for about 5 months or so now. I never had any problem with it, so that's good. However, if your skin is dry you have to put on a moisturizer before because it can make your skin dry.

it's a pretty good powder for everyday light use =)