November 22, 2014 | 1964 users online

Lip Treatments - Fusion Beauty - LipFusion Lip Plumping Gloss

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2006 2:15:00 PM More reviews by muppetpinchess

This stuff smells yummy, and yes, it makes your lips tingle and "feel" fat, but I don't believe that it has any lip plumping effect at all. The first time I tried it (at a friend's house) I *thought* I noticed a slight increase in the poutiness factor. She gave me the tube (she didn't think it worked either) and I have to say no matter how much I want it to work, it just doesn't. I was even more convinced after seein it on her (no change at all) and on my husband (I think he agreed just to dissuade me from continuing to fall prey to the myths of the cosmetis industry) NO CHANGE (but lots of giggling by me). I hate to say it, but this is a waste of money. UPDATE: Still no lip plumping action,BUT this stuff is the best lip conditioner I have come across, really keeps my lips feeling soft and chap free, even after it has worn off (Sally Hansen Lip Inflation is a close second and MUCH less expensive)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2006 9:54:00 PM More reviews by 98gaucho

Holy schnikies. I just spent $38 on lip gloss. I was reluctant to try this product but I read all the positive reviews on this site and got sucked into buying the Bare color at Sephora this afternoon. I also saw a picture of Jessica Alba applying this gloss in US Weekly and she has beautiful lips (although I am sure hers are due to genetics and not this lip gloss). I was surprised that this actually worked. My lips did plump up and unlike Lip Venom, my lips didn't sting upon application. Bare is a nude pinky beige. It's lighter than I anticipated and it looks almost clear on me. I also like the orangey taste. Overall, I like this gloss. But I'm not sure I'll get over the $38 price tag. I lose my lip glosses all the time and if I lost this one, I'd be one sad girl.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2006 7:25:00 AM More reviews by joya

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is probably all I will ever put on my lips anymore. I have been using this for about 6 weeks now, and I must admit, at first, I was extremely dissapointed. However, the longer I use it, the nicer my lips look and feel.
It provides a slight plumping, moisture retention type of smoothness. Not a dramatic "Collagen Injected" look. Heck, I don't want that! But, a healthy, well cared for, sumptious lip.

The price is ridiculous, yes, but actually, you could spend more on 2 other high end glosses (which I have done), and not be as happy. This is carrying me through this dry Michigan winter. It has a lovely scent and taste. I also splurged and purchased the "Sexy" color, which I adore, and the Lipfusion XL, which I will write a separate review for. If you get it at Sephora, you can always return it!

If you are waivering, try it, and give it a chance.
*Smooch*

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2006 2:05:00 PM More reviews by edie4711

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me say first off that the plumping effect I experience with LipFusion glosses, in terms of actual lip swellage, is subtle but noticeable for me. I have naturally full lips which are just beginning to show signs of thinning due to my age--they are still wide, but not as "puffy" and 3D any more--and the LipFusion tends to bring some of the pillowiness back.
I find this works best when I apply a fairly thick layer over lips which have been freshly washed and gently exfoliated. Something about the extra moisture provided by the water seems to help the product do what it does.
Aesthetically, I really love the product. It does make my lips feel wonderfully moisturized; this effect lasts for hours and I no longer need to constantly apply balm or salve throughout the day. I like the smell--fresh and kind of "tasty" but doesn't make me crave anything, which goodness knows I do not need--and I think the colored glosses in particular are quite beautiful. They have the most subtle shimmer that is perfectly appropriate for day yet catches the light and helps intensify whatever plumpness is there.
I tend to use the colored ones a lot more often now than I do the original clear, which I typically use more around the house as it has that sort of whitish pasty thing going on when the aforementioned thick coat is applied. I have it in Bare, which really looks nice and bare on my pigmented lips, just the right amount of color, and Fresh, which has a bit more coral/salmon to it and is just as natural-looking, but a little jazzier.
The price kills me. I don't even want to talk about that. Heinous. *shudder* continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2006 2:33:00 AM More reviews by PinkLily

Crap! I was so disappointed with this product. I really wanted to like it. I have naturally "pouty" lips, but hey - they can never be too pouty! I love plumping lip glosses, so I gave this one a try. I have also tried DuWop Lip Venom and Jessica Simpson's Dessert Beauty lip glosses. The only advantage to this one (the reason I gave it 2 lippies) is that it doesn't irritate your lips like the other glosses. Although, I kind of like that feeling, masochist that I am... LOL! Anyway, I do not like the fact that the tube is hard, and you can't "squeeze" out the last drops of product. The gloss also "crumbs" on my lips (no matter how well moisturized and no matter what type of moisturizer I use under it), and I end up with this white stuff on my mouth. Eww! At $38 a pop, I was sorely disappointed and will stick to my DuWop, or perhaps try another line.

UPDATE: Okay. I like this lip plumper a little better now. This is what I have done to get it to really "work": I brushed my lips with my electric toothbrush. Then I applied LipFusion immediately afterwards. Then I put on a moisturizing balm over that. Now my lips feel very "plumped" and full - or is that feeling from having brushed them??? I upped the Lippies to 3, instead of 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2005 4:31:00 PM More reviews by BYVETTEQ

This is my favorite lipgloss of all time. My limps are naturally full, but I still thought it was fun to make them plumper. I was afraid my lips would get huge but they just looked poutier. True, the effect doesn't last more than about an hour, but I think it's worth it because after the plumping is gone the most beautiful gloss is left. It's really shiny and not heavy or sticky at all. It's a TAD too expensive so only buy it if you like to "play" with cosmetics.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2005 8:23:00 PM More reviews by pappy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think these are great! Although the colors are too sheer. I wish it had more color payoff. These make my lips look plump and youthful. More then any other plumping product out these. I tried them all!! They are expensive, but suspect will last me a long time, as the tube is very large. I WISH THEY HAD A BRUSH instead of a sponge for application. And I hope when I get to the bottom I can get the gloss out.This is my favorite plumper, dispite price and application tip.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2005 4:37:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Unless you've got money to waste on useless beauty products, stay away from LipFusion. The colors were pretty and my lips plumped up instantly, but the results don't last for more than an hour. Any plumping is only temporary. At these prices, I'd rather save my money and get collagen if I wanted fat lips that desperately. Good thing I don't.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2005 3:53:00 PM More reviews by javajane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have hesitated buying this product because of the high price tag. Since I have been very good ;) this year, Santa left me the set of 6 colored mini's from Sephora in my stocking. I particularly like the color "SEXY" which looks bright red in the tube but is a subtle glossy natural pink when worn. I wouldn't bother in the future with any color other than SEXY or CLEAR (non color) as the other colors seemed "clear" on my skin tone (I wear B.E. fairly light or medium beige - so yellow undertoned fair/medium skin depending on time of year). That being said, they make great bases for lip color anyway, so that's neither here nor there as a trial goes.

My lips have always been my best facial feature, and they are naturally fairly full. As I have aged, they have thinned out and lost some of their oomph. I do notice some plumping in the middle of my lips, upper and lower, and there is that novacaine like numb-y sensation which is kinda cool. I think at the very least, this returns them to my 20 year old lip fullness and fills in the lines/cracking. The gloss is non tacky and low sheen - but looks equally nice OVER other lip products (at 42, I don't want lips like glass) for a subtle sheen as well as alone or under another lip product.

I have found the key to this product is A) start with buffed lips (wash cloth, toothbrush or some lip buffing product in the shower) B) Apply a GENEROUS amount. Due to the price of the product, you might be inclined to skimp. I put it UNDER and OVER when wearing lip color. I usually get about 4 - 6 hours out of the plump (maybe some get a little more???). Marketing as a 48 hour plumper is sheer folly IMHO.

I will use every drop out of all 6 tubes before breaking down and repurchasing. I would repurchase if nothing else better comes along. It does a great job moisturizing and the orange scent is yummy. It's not obnoxious and returns my aging but naturally full lips to their youthful look. This is NOT going to make someone with pencil thin lips look like Angelina Jolie, but if you already have medium to full lips, I do believe you will see some noticable plumping, or if you have full but aging lips, it might subtly take 10 years off.

Just my experience. Hope the review helps.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2005 5:54:00 AM More reviews by Sun_Shine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

LipFusion Lip Plumping Gloss in Sexy (looks red in the tube). This is quite an invention! Did plump my lips and made me feel so good and flimzy like during a kiss. The color is amazing and shimmery although very sheer. My hubby noticed something different immediately but couldn't figure it out!