Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 3/5/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a pretty good, cheap powder. I use this with my Studio Gear Wet/Dry Duel Identity Foundation. The packaging is HORRIBLE, but the powder itself is pretty darn awesome. I only have to really powder my nose by midday and that's saying a lot, considering how oily my skin can be.

on 3/5/2014 12:22:00 PM

Well I bought this product after hearing so many people love it, but I'd have to say I'm not impressed! I feel that my foundation started to slip easier and my oil was peaking through. I guess if you have normal skin it might work for you but this definitely did not wow me.

Adds good coverage. Can dry out skin if not moisturized thoroughly. I can see buying this as soon as I run out.

on 2/27/2014 10:22:00 PM

I have combo skin, dry on my cheeks and somewhat oily in my t-zone. I never used to be that way, but thats what happens when you get older. I use the Stay Matte foundation only on my t-zone and have found it usually lasts all day for me. But when it gets really hot outside (thanks, Texas) I start getting a teeny bit shiny. I only use this powder with a big fluffy brush ON MY T-ZONE ONLY and it helps take the shine away from those warm days. I have this in translucent. I don't use it to set my foundation, I really don't like putting a ton of products on my face but this definitely helps to keep on hand.

on 2/27/2014 11:56:00 AM

I bought this in 011-Creamy Natural. I've actually purchased this more than once because I've really liked it in the past. But, every time I have I've thought what a shame it is that the packaging is the way it is. I'm just not a fan of it. Also, I'm becoming more conscious of what I put on my face and this has talc and parabens, so I won't be using it anymore.

on 2/27/2014 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

For drugstore, this powder is an impressive one! I reach for it often and always gives impressive results when setting my makeup.

on 2/25/2014 4:06:00 AM

I am not a big powder girl, my skin is quite dry - however some foundations seem to look so shiny on me (still) that I opt for a nice thin layer of powder.

I got this product and was in the beginning - quite happy with it. I liked its super affordable price tag and the fact that it came in a translucent shade (no need to mess around with matching your skin tone to powder etc).

However this product made my skin look quite chalky and I actually had to re-apply the powder throughout the day as it seemed to bring up more oils from my skin that usual.

In the end I noticed that I have small break-outs here and there around my face - and then I knew I had to stop using the powder. All went to normal right after.

So I guess you can't really judge this powder - it is so cheap and affordable - yet it could have a better texture I believe, or at least not the one stuffed with chemicals that break you out!

For more candid in-depth reviews on other beauty/makeup products head here: http://theppb.wix.com/thepartyparrotblog

on 2/21/2014 1:17:00 PM

Makes my makeup look dry and caked. You can see it on my face. Going to have to keep looking for a new powder :(

on 2/21/2014 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This doesn't do much to my face. It's an okay product. Oh, and I hate the cheap-looking packaging.

on 2/21/2014 2:47:00 AM

Doesn't keep me matte ALL DAY. Oil starts to come through after an hour. If it kept me matte for at least 5-6 hrs, if love it but It just didn't work for me and I don't like retouching throughout the day and pack on powder. I like that the packaging is thin and simple. The price is very inexpensive!

Video Reviews & Tutorials