July 22, 2014 | 851 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by ewendlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have oil, acne prone skin - and I love this powder. A light layer of this and I don't find myself using an oil sheet for 3 or 4 hours

Packaging is awful and you really can't take it with you, if you drop it from a foot or two above it will all crumble - but I just keep mine at home so I have no problem with it

If you want a pigmented powder, this isn't for you - but it IS a fantastic matte finishing powder to help keep your foundation in place

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

While I would love to invest in meteorites, this is in my price range. I'm all for price and three to four hour blot time, also transparent is also pretty much that. Even if it does contain coconut oil, I haven't noticed my usual rashes and redness worsening as I'm allergic. The container is bad but for the price, put a hair tie around it, problem solved. At least its not wasteful bulky packaging with a cruddy brush or floppy sponge! Be warned about how you apply it. It works best in downward sweeping motions with a very soft, fluffy brush. I tried to pat it in with the elf powder brush and it was cake up city. Less is definitely more. Most probably won't buy again as there are so many other lovelies to try, and I'm not the most loyal lover. :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by goshelbyjo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Duration- I have been using this powder for 3 months.

Price- Super cheap at the drugstore!

Packaging- It's a little on the cheap side. The lid can pop off if thrown into a bag.

Shade- I am in #11 creamy natural. Perfect!

Coverage- Light.

Finish- Matte all the way. It can look a bit cakey if too much is applied.

Oil control- It keeps my skin oil free for hours!

Other- It doesn't break me out.

Conclusion- This is a nice option, but there are powders that are less cakey and provide more coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by n5357

I tied this after all the rav reviews from bloggers on You Tube etc but it just didnt agree with me. My skin is combo-oily with occasional dehydration. This just sat blotchy on my skin for some reason. Shame as it does get good reviews and is a great price and colour.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

As an oily-skinned individual who's always rushing in the morning to cover up my acne scars (which is so much faster than applying more liquid foundation), I go through powder faster than any other makeup product. Because of the cheap price and large size, I decided to give this powder a try.

Despite some doubt, I chose shade #004 (Sandstorm) after reading other reviews (I'd guess myself to be NC25-30) and noticing that the next shade down had a cooler undertone. Granted, the packaging isn't the greatest, but I didn't mind too much as the only makeup product I carry around with me (if at all) is lipstick/lipgloss. When I applied the powder, I noticed the slightly gritty texture and the lack of pigment, and that even when I applied an initial light layer, it made my face ashy. Of course, this wasn't enough to mattify my face or cover up my scars, so I used more, and naturally, my face became paler in appearance. In a matter of a few weeks I began making a dent in the product and after a few more weeks I hit the pan (which I realized was quite shallow), and with that the powder cracked into countless pieces, making this a terrible choice for those who carry powder on the go. As well, this is a testament to adage "quality over quantity"... I was fooled by the large size of the pan and the amount of product, which took me about a month and a half to finish. By comparison, I've used powders that come in smaller amounts, but because they had more pigment and were more finely milled, they took a longer time to go through.

Rimmel emphasizes the mattifying power of this product, but for me, it was no better or worse than most other powders I have tried (I have yet to find my HG powder). Even after the oil started soaking up the product, my face still retained some of the ashy appearance from when I first applied it. Maybe I should try a darker shade, though I'm guessing I'll appear pink or orange if I do so, and moreoever, I don't plan on buying this powder again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I was starting to use makeup. I didn't have much experience or money. So this was a great dupe for any other pressed powder. My oily shine still seeped through my makeup but it is a great steal.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Astera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've bought this multiple times. It's dirt cheap, easy to find and the shade selection is a plus! I hate hate hate the packaging though. Impossible to travel with. I'm not impressed with the ingredients. It is mattifying and works very well but there are SO many preservatives in this powder it's a little ridiculous. I also read coconut oil as an ingredient so it's not oil free. This didn't interfere with my fairly oily skin so I'm not too bothered.

I'd love it more if there weren't so many preservatives. Otherwise, a great product for less than $4 and readily available at Walmart.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by MilenaBR

Excellent powder! It does what it claims: Matifies and lasts. Also, it doesn't look powdery (I always use a light hand) and I might be seeing things, but I think it minimized the appearance of my pores. So, if you have oily or combination skin, try this!
Just for reference, I'm NC30 and I have this in Sandstorm, very good match (not that it provides much coverage).
I haven't been using git much lately because the weather and dermatological treatment are making my skin dry and flaky, but normally I'm combination and this is a life saver.
The only con is the package, which is really bad. I wouldn't mind the lack of mirror or sponge, but at least the top should close properly, and it simply doesn't, so, I keep it at home. Being able to carry it in my bag would be handy, the only reason why I'm taking a lippy off.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by kata8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite powder. It gets rid of the shine and doesn't leave a powdery residue. It is my second one, and I will buy it again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by amybethan

Keeps my makeup matte all day without having to touch it up and minimises the appearance of pores without breaking me out! Amazing powder- would definitely recommend it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No