Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 1/28/2014 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this on an Ulta binge for use in my travel kit, and it has become a staple for me. I typically wear higher-end makeup, but this is one of those drugstore workhorse items that just does what it says. I have dry to combo skin and an insanely shiny nose (not oily, just shiny), and I prefer a solid matte finish. I am NW15, and I bought this in Transparent, which works very well for my skin. The powder itself works amazingly well. I am in Texas and our summers here are ridiculously hot & humid. This is one of the only powders I have used that truly gives a lasting matte finish. I apply lightly with a brush, and it gives a nice matte finish without being too cakey (although I do think you could easily go overboard with this). It lasts me about 4-5 hours before I need to touch up, which is pretty good for me. It does have a light, floral fragrance, but I can only smell it in the package and not on my face, and it certainly is not enough to bother me. Packaging is where this product is lacking. The clear plastic lid sort of screws on (but not really well - it kind of just sits on there), and it doesn't attach securely. It is also flimsy, so that's something that could use improvement. I can see it breaking easily, and this definitely isn't something you'd want to carry in a purse or makeup bag without at least a rubber band securing the lid on. However, this product is ridiculously cheap and works very well, and I keep mine stored flat in a drawer, so I'm giving it 5 stars. I have already hit pan & repurchased at least twice, and will continue to do so.

on 1/22/2014 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I love the finish this product gives me I just make sure to not put so much around my nose because it tends to look cakey. The packaging however is total crap! I've had three different ones because I have dropped them and completely broke it and it will not stay closed if put in to a make up bag.

on 1/19/2014 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Simply the best drugstore powder... if you don't mind lousy packaging and have extremely oily skin.

PROS:
* inexpensive and easy to purchase.
* keeps you matte all day long.

CONS:
* horrid packaging.
* breakable powder (+ horrid packaging).
* cakes up quite easily (over bare skin ONLY, but with skincare or BB/foundation under it, it preforms quite nicely).
* "translucent" is not translucent (I only recommend the tinted powders as of now).

The only thing about this product I don't like about too much is that I don't NEED a powder, especially a powder that only help BRIGHTEN, and still keep that DEWY FINISH. This powder flattens your face and just is so fragile, it's honestly kind of scary using it.

on 1/19/2014 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really didn't like this powder, I don't get the hype... It didn't cover shine, didn't keep me matte, and easily looked powdery and cakey. It's cheap and it didn't break me out though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my favorite cheap powders. At first when I used it, it turned out cakey on my nose and cheeks. But, by chance, I was watching a YouTube and one of the girls said she had the same problem and combatted it by applying it with a slightly, slightly damp makeup sponge. I took her advice and tried it again and it gave me a flawless finish. I would not suggest it for humid climates, but it worked very well in my Arizona heat.

on 1/17/2014 10:38:00 PM

I have a very oily/combination skin. Especially in the summer I'm constantly blotting and and reapplying make-up. I thought this would be worth a try because it having mattifing qualities would help absorb the oils. It definitely did! I absolutely love this powder, I apply it in the morning to set my make-up. Then I pop it in my purse with my Spa Source kabuki brush. And can do quick easy touchups not that I really need it. The powder has such a great staying power that you don't need to touch up. This is the only powder I use. I love love love love love anything Rimmel London. The price is affordable and the quality is great!

on 1/16/2014 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

In New Zealand this will cost you about $20 in store, but I purchased mine on Asos for around $8NZD (it even goes on sale for around $5NZD dollars occasionally.) As I purchased online I bought the colour 001 Translucent, in order to avoid buying a shade that would not match my pale yellow undertoned skin. When the product arrived I was very happy with it and thought it was good value for money. You get good amount for the price you pay. The packaging is very slim and slips well into your makeup bag, the reason I gave it 3 lippies was for two reasons- the product itself is not very finely milled, so I would not recommend this for blotting as after 2-3 uses it begins to look VERY cakey and over-powdery, my other problem is that the packaging is not great for traveling, the clear plastic lid cracked the first time I took it away with me, which was a bit disappointing. Yet otherwise I think you get what you pay for! For $8NZD it was great value for money!

on 1/15/2014 10:19:00 PM

Decided I get too oily during the day and needed something to keep my face looking matte, so I went to the nearest drugstore and bought this in Translucent.

Today, I put it on without my usual liquid foundation, before heading to the gym to test it's limits (though I have to admit, I'm not much of a sweat-er). It managed to stay on for nearly 12 hours.

This really is a product that's light enough to pack on throughout the day without getting cake-y but honestly, you probably won't need to (unless of course you're very oily) if you're skin is dry to normal/combination like mine.
It was around $8 CAD but for the results, I really think it was worth it.

on 1/13/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Have this in Nude Beige and wear it to set my Revlon ColorStay. I always end up looking like an Oompa Loompa whenever I use it because after a few minutes, it turns orange-y. Thought it was just the pairing of foundation and this so I tried it with a BB cream instead. My face still came out orange.

Living in a humid country, this lasts for 2 hours max before I become shiny. Doesn't have any added coverage but I'm pretty okay with that.

But props for being a good, strong pressed powder. Dropped it yesterday while in a rush and it didn't crack like other pressed powders of the same price point.

on 1/12/2014 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My favorite pressed powder. I bought 012 buff beige. It looks great even when it's on bare skin. I usually use it over e.l.f. studio finish foundation and it looks fabulous! So smooth and natural! It makes your face look soft. Doesn't waste fast at all, smells great, and it looks very natural. Whether it is applied with a buff sponge or a brush, it will still look great. It completely covered up my pores without having any liquid makeup under it. It does not look cakey at all nor does it look shiny or run when in the sun. It was extremely cheap. I bought it for $4 at Target and so far, it is lasting a long time :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials