July 31, 2014 | 1760 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by kristinashleyfryman

I have been under a great deal of stress lately and my skin has been unpredictable. I never have acne usually unless I am stressed out and it is usually accompanied by excess oil. I was at walgreens the other days in hope of trying a new mask, the say yes to tomatoes. I had done a lot of research on the effects of lycopene on acne-prone skin. Sadly, walgreens had other products in the say yes line with the exception of the one I was looking for. I then saw the Noxzema and remembered using it at an early age as the result of my grandmother's advice so I picked up a tub of it. I have been using it for about four days straight and have noticed a dramatic difference in pore size, oil control, and acne. I will continue to make this a staple in my skin care routine!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by mayanquice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Noxema for 14 yrs. I due dabble in other cleansers but this is my HG for when I need to get my skin back on track or during That TOTM. I have combo. skin, w/ large pores in T-zone but generally non acne, smooth skin. I will continue to keep as an HG in my medicine cabinet.

*I apply to dry face, Add a bit of water, massage in, rinse.
If I haven't been wearing makeup all day....
*I rinse my face, pat dry, massage but not too much, leave it on for a few minutes, scrub off by itself or with a different scrub.

This is what I do & what works for me. I like both the pump packaging as well as the tub. Although I do have better access to all the product in the tub, the pump is pretty handy so I would rate them equally.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 10:19:00 AM More reviews by boo_hiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am 24 years old and I JUST tried Noxzema. I remember many years ago, I was at the drugstore and I was considering buying it and I smelled it, and I thought, "hell no." Now a long time later, my skin is giving me a lot of problems so I thought I'd try this. I've used it for about a week and love it so far. It removes my makeup and it doesn't dry out my skin. I use a washcloth to remove it, and toner afterwards, and I don't have any residue on my skin. And yes it does have a strong smell when you smell it right out of the jar but you don't notice it as much on your face. I haven't gotten any more breakouts since I started using it.

Just FYI, this does NOT have lye in it. Lye is sodium hydroxide. Noxzema cream has calcium hydroxide, which is lime, and ammonium hydroxide which is just ammonia. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recently bought this again on a whim, as I felt like I needed a deep cleanser as I have been experimenting with alot of make up lately. Very inexpensive at Target, less than four dollars. This really does clean my skin...and I love the scent - it reminds me of when I was a kid and had a sunburn, or a teenager. This leaves my skin super clean and tingly and removes 100% of my make up. I don't need to follow with another cleanser but sometimes I exfoliate afterwards. I used to use this am and pm but that dried my skin out a bit so I stick to nighttime only now. No breakouts whatsoever and I really like this. I would buy this again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 1:48:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first used this as a teenager. It's one of the very first beauty products I ever tried, in fact. I really love how it feels on my face: cool and tingly and refreshing, like it's actually doing something. I like the smell, too. It cleans well but doesn't do anything for my oily skin. I would love it if they had a toner version of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by margoess

Ah, that old Noxzema smell! I used this exclusively from the time I was about 13 to 23. During this time, my skin was very decent; I'd get the occasional pimple or two, but nothing I would qualify as a "breakout." For some reason, I decided I wasn't satisfied with my okay skin and started trying things with salicylic acid in them. I experimented with all kinds of face washes and moisturizers and creams and treatments-- Proactiv, Neutrogena Acne Care, Shu Uemura. For the next four years, my face was a mess. I got major, terrible, horrifying breakouts. I was also in grad school at the time, so I attributed these things to stress, poor diet, not enough sleep, changing hormones of my mid-twenties, etc.

But then just the other day, it occurred to me that maybe my face *does* belong to Noxzema. I bought a tub, and even after the first wash, it was like my face calmed down. Hello, old friend! This may not get me 100% blemish free, but my skin feels like it's in much better condition overall; smooth and no longer red and irritated.

I have dry skin that always feels tight and flaky after I wash it, but not with this. It's so cooling and creamy, and I love the old-timey medicine smell-- you never forget it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ah, this is the first facial cleanser that I have ever used (probably when I was about 11 or 12). I used to love the cool sensation that it left on my face after I washed it off. It does sting a little bit the first couple of times of use, but that goes away eventually. I wonder why it stings... I never looked at the ingredients - I didn't care back then.
I really liked it and it cleansed my skin pretty well at the time. I wouldn't use it now because I know that it tends to leave a film on the skin which I don't care for these days. I prefer foaming cleanser over creamy, thick ones as those always leave a film which eventually clogs my pores and exaggerates them even more (that's the last thing I need).
I haven't used this product in a few years and I don't think I would repurchase again. There are much better cleansers out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by maitai215

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It was super cheap for a large volume that I can use for a long time. I like the fresh minty cooling effect although I wonder if it is too drying for me. But I think it does a good job cleaning if I don't have a lot of m/u on. I usually use this as a cream wash after an cleansing oil. I dislike the unhygenic pot form. I may repurchase if I see it on sale at Ulta (like I have for 2.99) so great deal for the volume and if you just need a basic cleanser w/o special effects.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by morganito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried this as an early teen and it made me break out. But recently I was on the hunt for a new cleanser to help with my break outs due to stress and that time of the month, and decided to try this again, and I am glad I did. It helped with the few zits I had, I love the smell, and the tingle I get. I put some on massage into my face neck and even my shoulders and wipe off with a warm washcloth and its perfect. My skin is very soft and even. I also remember my grandmother always having this in her bathroom for sunburns, so when I put it on it takes me back to my childhood summers at her house.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

Noxzema is awesome!! I used this back when I was 14 because I knew Kelly Osbourne used it and I love her, but it didn't really work for me I always ended up breaking out. The thing I learned now is that I didn't know how to use it right! Here's my routine: Apply generous amount and massage in, use washcloth ( this is very important) to remove the cream, then I use the triple clean pads, and then I apply some noxzema original skin cream as a moisturizer afterwards as well. Ever since I figured out how to use it I have not had a single breakout ( that was 2 months ago) and people have even complimented me at the MAC counter saying how flawless my skin is! I really really recommend noxzema, if it hasn't worked for you before-try it the way I described it this is how I got it to work for me. ^_^