Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 10/7/2007 1:11:00 PM

use to love this cleanser when i was in highschool, but now that my skin is maturing and has become drier it dosent work for me. I also discovered that it dosen remove all traces of my makeup. I have since switched to good old Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and my skin looks fantastic!!!

on 10/5/2007 7:52:00 AM

I received this as a gift and it worked well for me. I love the smell (has a hint of gingery smell) and the texture. I currently use Clearasil's face wash but if I could splurge, I'd definitely get this face wash. It's gentle on the skin and doesn't dry it out.

on 9/17/2007 12:34:00 PM

This isnt as harsh on my skin as the liquid soap in mild. It leaves my skin very clean but not totally stripped of moisture as some cleansers. I keep getting these as gwp but once I run out I will buy a full size.

on 9/16/2007 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've received this cleanser a few times as a gwp, and I always enjoy using it. It cleanses well without stripping my skin, and I love the creamy-yet-foaming texture. However, I will not purchase it for two reasons: (1) it is rather overpriced; (2) it contains a bunch of plant extracts that I suspect will start to irritate my sensitive skin with extended use. I wish Clinique would make a sensitive skin version of this cleanser without the plant extracts. Then I would consider purchasing it despite the price.
Ingredients: water, potassium behnate, potassium myristate, glycerin, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, palmitic acid, lauric acid, myristic acid, stearic acid, peg-3 distearate, cholesteryl hydroxystearate, sodium hyaluronate, rosemary extract, 2,6-dimethyl-7-octen-2-ol, lemon extract, eucalyptus extract, lavender extract, butylene glycol, pine extract, cardamom extract, trisodium edta, phenoxyethanol, violet 2, red 4. continued >>

on 9/7/2007 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this makeup remover. I use a little spot smaller than a dime, rub it between my fingers first, and it is enough to make a foamy lather over my whole face. I do use a separate eye makeup remover to get mascara off first, but this takes care of everything else gently. I wash with my 3 step cleanser after this. It's really a makeup remover even thought they call it a cleanser. You're still supposed to wash with a soap or cleanser product after you use this. The 5 oz tube has lasted me forever, but will definitely repurchase when it's gone.

on 7/26/2007 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am a Proactiv user and love this cleanser for removing my makeup. I use it every night before the Proactiv cleanser and love it. It takes everything off including mascara and stains. It has never irritated my skin or eyes and I love that a little goes a very long way. A tube lasts forever!

on 7/23/2007 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had to review this one because I get so emotional - in a bad way - when I use it; its scent is over-the-top basil/detergenty, and it foams up in a very detergent-like way and takes quite AWHILE to RINSE OFF. In spite of this, the end result is very good. It cleanses thoroughly and doesn't dry out the skin. It's actually pretty gentle stuff that might work out well for someone with oilier skin and it's a warm-weather cleanser for me these days.

I guess I'm trying to say that it's a gentle product that is quite unpleasant to use. Clinque's Liquid Facial Soap - Mild is perfect for me though; just perfect.

on 7/15/2007 9:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this product to cleanse my face and also to remove makeup. I do not get the product near my eyes. It works pretty well as a general face cleanser for me.

on 7/12/2007 3:23:00 PM

I completely disagree with other people and Clinque that this is a make up remover. I had an "encounter" with a Clinique salesperson about this who was so incredibly rude arguing that a cleanser and make up remover aren't the same thing. I personally don't care and will use this product as I deem fit for myself. I think its an excellent product and it works well removing dirt, grime, make up and the like...so to ME its a face wash. I think its a chance for Clinique to get you to buy more product.
I used this for years in the summer months and it was awesome. I wouldn't use it in winter months b/c it left my skin dry but if you have oily skin I think you will be fine. I like the smell, the lather and the fact that yes, it lasts forever.

on 7/5/2007 4:18:00 PM

Does remove make up like it says. I wouldn't use this as my only cleanser (like someone said: it isn't a cleanser, it's a make up remover) it leaves my skin feeling a bit dry/"tight" until I wash my face with facial soap. But like I said, it removes your make up just fine.