Revlon ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.4%), Zinc Oxide (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Polyisobutene, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Bisabolol, Serica Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Serica Soie (Silk), Alumina, Trisiloxane, Methicone, Silica, Polyethylene, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isohexadecane, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 12/21/2006 10:46:00 AM

Cakey and flaky under my eyes. My undereyes never flake! It looks good for the first few hours though; then it just disappears and leaves behind specks... like little tiny flakies. The twisting thing is also annoying. Too much product always comes out. I will probably continue using it since I don't have any other *good* concealer to use. But my search will continue . . .

I've been using this for years because it is that good. It lasts literally until I remove it at the end of the night. I have dark, bluish colour in the inner corners of my eyes so concealer is a daily ritual for me. This stuff blends well, covers well without being cakey and doesn't flake on my super dry eye area. It may be perfect!

on 12/8/2006 10:34:00 AM

Meh. That about sums up this product. Not good, not bad. Ok for under eyes but still leaves something to be desired and looks fake/ cakey. Not so good for covering up blemishes (yes I know that's not what it's marketed for but most things in the cosmetics field has more than one purposeful use!). I applied it on my blemishes and once I dabbed to blend, it looked like I didn't even put any on to cover it up, it just looked slightly discolored around the area. I'm looking for a better one, will update if found. :::Update::: Best concealer ever = Aveda Inner Light Concealer!

on 12/8/2006 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Seems to darken after a couple of hours of use. This is not creamy enough for me to dab and 'push' a little around my eyes. It kinda dried out, darkened, and made the lines around my eyes more obvious. I am using the medium toned one. It's a bit peachy but because I tend to watch how much I use, it's not very obvious.

on 12/6/2006 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've had a bit of a no sleep phase and i'm SICK of seeing bags under my eyes thanks to the very CRAP Clinique Airbrush concealors uselessness!
I went around my local Boots on my lunch hour and scrutinized every concealor I could find, until at the last minute I snatched this up! Perfect!

It's not any of this "light reflecting" crap, which doesn't work or do a single thing and is just an excuse for companies to skimp on pigment in my view. It's long lasting and you hardly need any. I would imagine you'd have to watch it with this stuff drying your skin out but i have a moisturising eye cream and i will not use very much. I'd imagine yes it would cake if you put too much on. So far so good, doesn't cover up everything but it's a damned site better than clinique.
I paid 8 for this and 15 for clinique. What does that tell you??

on 11/18/2006 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've used this for years and found no comparison. It covers and stays and i did not notice much difference when it switched packaging. I do like the original better b/c it was a bit thicker, but since they no longer make it, this is good enough and haven't found one better.

on 11/12/2006 12:34:00 PM

This is fine for a drugstore concealer. I got it in light, which might be a touch too light for me although it's ok for undereyes. The color has a yellow-neutral base which is good, but maybe a touch too white/chalky. The consistency is decent, creamy and easily blendable. Coverage is OK/could be a touch stronger. I like the sponge applicator although I don't know how hygienic it will be eventually. I like that there is SPF too, and it actually works fine on my blemishes too/no breakouts noted so far. I wonder if the next shade down would actually be a better match for me.

on 11/7/2006 12:24:00 PM

Have they reformulated this and failed to inform me? I used this a long time ago with fair results, used it as a standby in the great concealer quest. I recently purchased it again during a vacation concealer emergency and was stunned by its uselessness. Much too thin, dries quickly to a grainy mess and fails to conceal well at all. Complete waste of money if you have undereye circles. The good news is, if this actually works for you, you're flawless to start out with. This actually used to be a fair concealer. I don't know what happened.

on 10/25/2006 9:54:00 PM

This is a horrible concealer... it covers up my dark circles to an extent, but the coverage is very unnatural in terms of the formula and shade.. i got the darkest shade (medium) for my nc35 complexion and it was way too light. as a concealer, i look for something with a yellow rather than white ish base and this "concealer" is very white. because the color is so off, it doesn't blend in with the rest of my skin tone, making my dark circles look white against my yellow complexion. it also cakes up after awhile.
also, i have to re apply again and again in order to achieve a somewhat decent coverage, which i shouldnt have to do with a concealer.
will never buy it again. the search goes on.

on 10/16/2006 8:47:00 PM

Shame that this is d/c! This is great for dark circles, spots and even paired with loose powder for an eyeshadow base. It doesn't break me out or 'slide/melt' off on a hot day. The gold print on the packaging wears off, and gets all over my hands. It's not a complete coverage concealer, and the lightest shade is a touch too dark for some areas of my PPP skin.