August 27, 2014 | 997 users online

Concealers - Revlon - ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2006 10:22:00 PM More reviews by melismsu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this for years and found no comparison. It covers and stays and i did not notice much difference when it switched packaging. I do like the original better b/c it was a bit thicker, but since they no longer make it, this is good enough and haven't found one better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2006 12:34:00 PM More reviews by jeanki

This is fine for a drugstore concealer. I got it in light, which might be a touch too light for me although it's ok for undereyes. The color has a yellow-neutral base which is good, but maybe a touch too white/chalky. The consistency is decent, creamy and easily blendable. Coverage is OK/could be a touch stronger. I like the sponge applicator although I don't know how hygienic it will be eventually. I like that there is SPF too, and it actually works fine on my blemishes too/no breakouts noted so far. I wonder if the next shade down would actually be a better match for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2006 12:24:00 PM More reviews by jamejame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have they reformulated this and failed to inform me? I used this a long time ago with fair results, used it as a standby in the great concealer quest. I recently purchased it again during a vacation concealer emergency and was stunned by its uselessness. Much too thin, dries quickly to a grainy mess and fails to conceal well at all. Complete waste of money if you have undereye circles. The good news is, if this actually works for you, you're flawless to start out with. This actually used to be a fair concealer. I don't know what happened.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2006 9:54:00 PM More reviews by arias86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a horrible concealer... it covers up my dark circles to an extent, but the coverage is very unnatural in terms of the formula and shade.. i got the darkest shade (medium) for my nc35 complexion and it was way too light. as a concealer, i look for something with a yellow rather than white ish base and this "concealer" is very white. because the color is so off, it doesn't blend in with the rest of my skin tone, making my dark circles look white against my yellow complexion. it also cakes up after awhile.
also, i have to re apply again and again in order to achieve a somewhat decent coverage, which i shouldnt have to do with a concealer.
will never buy it again. the search goes on.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2006 8:47:00 PM More reviews by kazzwhereas

Shame that this is d/c! This is great for dark circles, spots and even paired with loose powder for an eyeshadow base. It doesn't break me out or 'slide/melt' off on a hot day. The gold print on the packaging wears off, and gets all over my hands. It's not a complete coverage concealer, and the lightest shade is a touch too dark for some areas of my PPP skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2006 5:38:00 PM More reviews by sirrahbed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best under-eye concealer I have used - and I have tried dozens. The applicator is a sponge pad that applies the product very smoothly and is so good for blending. The concealer is pushed up from the bottom by turning the stick until it clicks. It only takes a turn or two of the product - a couple tiny dots. Just a teeny tiny amount is enough! I really like this applicator much better than the type that dips into the cosmetic. After it dries, it stays on all day long. I find that it really needs to be removed with makeup remover or cold cream. Soap and water does not take it all off and the skin under my eyes feels very dry unless I remove it carefully. I actually like plain old cold cream as a remover.

Because the product is very dry - I have found that it works best for me if I first apply some moisturizer. I am in my 50's and have very dry skin. The moisturizer also keeps my under-eye from looking cakey or too wrinkly like they do with other concealers.

I have some pretty serious dark circles and find that this product not only covers very well, but really does have staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2006 11:43:00 AM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a bad under eye concealer. The applicator is great! So far, I have not noticed any caking under my eyes. The only problem is that you must wear this with a fully made-up face as it does look very make-uppy; not natural at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2006 11:05:00 PM More reviews by bethainy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I'm giving it five lippies because it's an awesome concealer for what it is, but I still might look around a bit. About me: I have oily skin and very bad, hereditary dark circles. I am about an NW20 and bought Fair (Light was too yellow for me). I find that applying it with my ring finger works best, just stipple it on. I put this on in the later morning and set it with EM Finishing Dust and I'm good to go, with no creasing, for about 7-8 hrs. It doesn't cover quite as much as I'd like, but I haven't found anything better. The best thing though, is that it doesn't crease (I'm a teen, so I don't have a lot of wrinkles under there, but most every other concealer I've tried has creased). I'm glad I found this!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2006 1:00:00 PM More reviews by sugarmartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried medium deep. I'm a latina, with some dark circles. I tried this formula because I was looking for a good d/s concealer. The color did match my skintone well and brightened up my eyes, didn't cover the circles but did make them a lot less obvious. The search for a h/g (like a less expensive version of touche eclat) continues...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2006 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Jods101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this in Fair and I'm kind of on the fence about it but thinking maybe It's just ok. It's a wand type applicator, which I don't really like, and it's only slightly thicker than their Colorstay Foundation. It did match my skintone good, which is why I like the foundation, but I didn't think It gave great coverage and was a little dissapointed with it's lack of staying power. I expected more from it I guess. I love the foundation and expected I would love this too. Not the case. It's not the worst stuff I've ever used but it's not the best either. I wouldn't buy it again.