April 18, 2014 | 1375 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2011 6:37:00 AM More reviews by enticx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Iíve been looking for an affordable and matt bronzer, so I picked this up from walgreens. Think this is less than $3? I like this because the powder is really finely milled, but itís not really pigmented in my opinion, so I have to layer on a lot of powder, which I donít like. I am about NC 25/20 in mac foundations/concealers.

Product details: 0.33oz/ 9.4g.
Pros: Affordable, matt, silky smooth, mirror in packaging, good color.
Cons: Not pigmented.
Overall: 5/10 stars - because it is not pigmented.

More: http://nicxmu.tumblr.com/post/5663598644/new-york-color-smooth-skin-bronzing-face-powder-in

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I looked like death when I bought this, so I immediately opened it and applied it with my ELF powder brush in the rite-aid parking lot. For a grand total of $6 for the bronzer and brush, my NW20 face became presentable to the outside world. WIN.

As a side note, I have tried and (loved) MAC golden bronzer, am meh on NARS laguna, and find benefit hoola to be reminiscent of dirt. I'm more of a blush kinda gal, so I've quit spending $$$ on bronzer--thanks, NYC, for thinking of us pale girls. If should I continue to find myself digging this I'll update my rating to a 5 (because let's be serious, who cares if the packaging is garbage if you find a great product for $3?)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this bc of all the great reviews, but it just doesnt show up on me. Im NC37 and it's just too light for my skin tone. I'm just gona stick to my Nars Laguna bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Jdazzler15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love, love, love this product!! This is my go to bronzer! It is a beautiful matte bronzer that is perfect for my NW20, light skin. It applies nice, not orange at all. It is a great price and I would recommend to anyone who has very light skin. The only down fall is the cheap packaging, but I still give it a 5, because I am more about the product. I will repurchase when needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by ljacks

HG Bronzer! I purchased this after reading all the raves here on MUA and I have to say, I'm so glad I did! It goes on perfectly with the EcoTools bronzing brush (and I usually just slap makeup on and go--so it's great that this product doesn't require a ton of blending for me). I didn't experience any over-application like some users have cautioned against. Nor did I find that the packaging was overly flimsy--it seems fine to me! Finally, I find that the product lasts quite awhile. I've been using it daily for just over a month and haven't even noticed a dent in the pan!

The best part about this bronzer (aside from the price) is the fact that it does not have any glitter or sheen to it. It also does not turn orange at all on my skin! I'm NC25-30.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by cbailey4111

It was alright on me, except that it broke me out after a couple wears. Three little zits on a diagonal line on each cheek, right where I put the bronzer. :( The compact is also very difficult to close, for some reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by yummykeylimepie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After reading all the great reviews here I tried this bronzer and I love it! I normally hate bronzers as they are either usually orange or so packed with glitter they look awful on me. Sunny is very light and natural on my NW20 complexion. And no glitter!! This gives me a nice healthy glow and I only paid $2CA. HG bronzer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at Walmart after reading all the good reviews and raves on the makeup board about how this was great on fair skin. I'm an NC20 and I wanted a bronzer that looked extremely natural. This fits the bill perfectly and doesn't even cost $3. I look really healthy and sunkissed with this on for it has no orange tones. When my arms get darker in the summertime they are almost exactly the color of this bronzer. Highly recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by sunset8

This is actually my first bronzer ever, as I'm only now getting into the whole bronzer/contouring thing. It's has a nice matte finish to it which I like, and I also like that it's not too heavily pigmented but it's not too light either. One tiny downside to this is the sponge that comes with the package, I don't even know how to describe it, but it's pretty bad. I think all NYC powders come with that sponge, though. Anyway, this is a great bronzer, especially for those who are just entering the world of bronzers and contouring and don't want to spend too much on something you're trying out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

finally getting around to writing my review. i wanted to give this product a real go before i wrote this.
First, i want to start off by saying I have EXTREMELY PALE SKIN and when i first got this, i was shocked at how dark this is in the pan. it def is a dark matte bronzer and then i was so use to not having much color payoff by bronzers from the drugstore but this one def is extremely pigmented! so the 1st time i used it, it of course was a disaster but now w/ some practice at contouring & getting the perfect brush, its my favorite now! it can def work with most skin tones. i have extremely pale skin & my angled contour brush works amazing for placing and blending this to make my face look slimmer! i found my fav brush of all time for $1 @ biglots and ever since ive been using Sunny EVERYDAY! if used with the right brush and with a very light hand or application, it works! its my favorite affordable matte bronzer and its accessible at most stores, i have the older packaging bc since then they repackaged most of their products & came out w/ a few new ones. So if you are looking for a good matte bronzer, def try this one. this one to me, if def more of a true "BRONZE" color compared to the ELF studio bronzer duo but with the elf one you get a blush and they both are around $3. if you wait for a sale at a drugstore you can get this bronzer for less than $2!!
i will def be repurchasing if or when i EVER run out bc since i need the tiniest amount, this will last forever! i find that with a dense but not too dense brush, it applies very well to the skin and def will need a buffing brush, or a kabuki to blend this out. if blended out, it will give you a great look. i believe its great for contouring since there is no shimmer like with most bronzers. So if you want a true bronzer for contouring, get this! its cheap and worth it! it will last some time. i like the packaging, its just like a powder compact, its not too cheap looking and you get a mirror with it! ive had worse! i am so glad that this wasnt discontinued like some people said. if you have darker skin though, you may wanna try the elf bronzer/blush duo since its more of a brown undertone and will def work!
Sunny is def a great find and a true drugstore GEM! i hope NYC never discontinues this since i dont ever wanna go with out it! i see it working with almost all skin tones and its so soft and easy to blend and def doesnt blend away! its soft powder and you get alot of product in the compact. can be found at most drugstores or walmarts, and targets or wherever you can find you NYC Color Cosmetics!!
so if you have pale skin, like myself, dont be afraid girls, find a brush that you like to use for contouring and give it a go!!! make sure to tap off any excess & i like to tap my brush bristles onto back of my hand first to make sure it will apply evenly, then apply into contouring areas and then blend with a kabuki or buffing brush and viola! you will love it!!
i love it!! so glad i kept trying to make it work bc now i realized what i was missing out on!