New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

on 1/11/2012 8:14:00 PM

I recently decided to bought this cheap bronzer and a HE one, and I have to say i actually like this one better, which is about 1/10th of the cost of the more expensive one, but happy to say neither broke me out!

This product is sheer but buildable, so it looks quite natural, but even on my NC20 skin, I find it can look a bit orangey, as with many bronzers out there unfortunately..

I can't say much about the packaging because it would be absurd to expect perfection in every way from a product below $5, but it's good it has a big mirror, although I never use it and I enjoy how slim it is,, very convenient(:

The staying power is okay, after a school day it fades, but there are still some traces left and I said I would repurchase, but I have a feeling this is going to last me a while, even with everyday use :I

The ingredients in this one are still pretty bad, but its a bit better than the loose and pressed translucent powders from this line.

on 1/9/2012 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Not a fan of this product. I found it hard to pick up any product on my brush and barely noticed any difference in my skin tone. I hate the packaging. It's so cheap and I feel like it is going to break everytime I use it. I'd rather spend the money on something that works and is more sturdy.

This is probably the worst bronzer I've ever tried. The only reason I bought it was because it seems to be popular among youtube videos. It tends to stick in spots (even with tons of blending) which looks like dirt. The finish is uber matte, which makes it look even more like I rubbed dirt on my face. This only looks okay on my bare skin, to give a bit of color (kinda oompa loopa orange though). Definitely terrible for making cheek bones stand out. I will gladly pay 15 clams for a decent bronzer after this.

Wow, I really like this. Every bronzer out there seems too light for my pale skin, but this look so natural on my skin! The color is so sheer, it barely even shows up on my skin tone and the packaging is cheap (-1 Lippie) However, it is very buildable but it does take a lot of work to get a noticeable difference. It does not look orange whatsoever, no matter how much I've applied. It looks nice when you use it for contouring cheeks because it creates a nice shadow, but even when you look at where it was applied in full light, you don't see a stripe of the color across your cheek. Overall, I'd buy this again especially for this price! A lot of NYC stuff is complete junk, but this is actually quality stuff, check it out.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I haven't used this yet on my face (I'll update this as I wear it). This was the only shade available at my local Walmart. I looked at it and thought it looked pale enough for me. All I wanted was a bronzer that I could use to contour my face. This is a muddy brown color that looks like it could work with my pale olive skin. The texture feels pretty smooth and seems like it could work. So far, without testing this out on my face, it seems like a good product for what I'm looking for.
1/6/12 update: This broke me out like crazy. I had wanted to get it to work but it just doesn't.

on 12/29/2011 9:24:00 PM

I purchased this product after I moved and somehow lost all my makeup. Replacing everything at once is expensive so I literally grabbed the cheapest thing I could find and had second thoughts the first time I opened the package. However, I was shocked when I used it how perfectly natural it looked. Not at all orangy or fake. Im a fair to medium skin tone but on the lighter side now because its winter so I was concerned but it looked great. In fact the first time I wore it I had three people separately at work tell me how great I looked but that they couldnt figure out what was different! Love this and since the price is more then right I would totally purchase again!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Perfect matte bronzer for fair skin tones. This is the only product I have ever hit pan on and I used it every single day for over a year and I still have a ring around the edge of the pan. The color doesnt swatch well at all but when used on the face it looks amazing and natural. I also use it for contouring and it looks dark when you concentrate it in one area

on 12/13/2011 11:06:00 PM

I purchased this because of the positive reviews, but it looks orangy on my untanned skin. I'll save it and try it again when I have a little natural color during the summer.

on 12/8/2011 6:16:00 PM

If this is a good bronzer then I'm giving up on them all together.

While the powder itself is very nice, the color is awful. It's the color of a fake tan gone oh so horribly wrong.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I got this because I always hear people talking about how great it is, and I love it! It was olny $4 at the drugstore and it is amazing. It is pigmented but not over pigmented witch I love, it is also super easy to blend and it gives you the perfect nautral glow. I am NW20 from MAC and this colour looks great on my skin. I love the fact that this bronzer has no shimmer so it is great for everyday wear. I also like that you get a big mirrior so it is convenient for on the go. Overall I do really like this bronzer and I would reccomend it. I would repurchase it but I don`t think I will ever need to because you get so much product and you olny need a tiny bit each time you use it! Thanks for reading and I hope this helps!

Popular Bronzers