July 31, 2014 | 1422 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by AMD18134

I heart this bronzer. Every time I buy a foundation that's a little too light for my skin tone (since it's super hard to find a match for me) I use this to balance it out, not to mention contouring, and it works great. I like that it has a matte finish, since I hate putting anything that has too much glitter all over my face, and I've had this since march I believe and I haven't hit the pan yet, even though I use this almost every day. The lasting power is pretty good, and the color payoff is awesome, and it's easy to control how much you want to show up on your skin. I also like that it's cheap, and comes with a mirror :D I just wish it came with a little more product, cause even though this has lasted me forever, I feel as if there's very little in the pan (it's super thin). But overall, it's a great product, and I plan on repurchasing :D

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by borelfabulous

I don't wear bronzers too often, but I just picked this up because I wanted to try a matte bronzer and this one was sooo inexpensive. Surprisingly, I really like the way it look on my skin an I love how it has no shimmers at all and how it makes my skin look nice and smooth. Definitely try this product out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have 17 bronzers. Why? Because that's what I have left after getting rid of a few. I have no idea why. I'm about an NW25, I use sunscreen every day and I self tan but not on my face...I need bronzers, not that many, but...I have NARS, Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Dior, MAC, BeneFit, Guerlain, Estee Lauder...the two that I have that are drugstore bronzers are NYC Sunny and Physicians Formula Bronze Booster in Light/Medium.
I have found that darker bronzers tend to create more of a contrast rather and make me look as though just like I have light skin with dark bronzer on or juts too much, too fake...rather than make me looklike I've been in the sun and it matches my self-tanner.If you haven't tried a lighter bronzer for that I highly recommend it. I look so much more "tan", as if I were naturally tan.
The packaging isn't great but considering that it was less than $3.00 USD and what's inside is fantastic, I can't complain. The texture when I swatch it with my finger isn't fantastic however, it doesn't translate to the face that way, I have dry skin and this bronzer is great, not drying, it doesn't oxidize, lasts well enough...The color is perfect! I would compare the color to two other bronzers...swatching on my hand they are slightly different, the way they translate on my face, they are nearly identical. They are PF Bronze Booster in Light/Medium and Dior Matte Sunshine in Honey Matte. Both great bronzers! Dior may last a bit longer on my skin but honestly when I run out of this bronzer I will definitely repurchase, can't say the same for most of the others. It truly is a fantastic bronzer for light/medium skin tones and I imagine it works well for all skin types as it is matte, great for oily skin yet it's neither drying nor powdery so it may work well if you have dry skin but still prefer a powder. All around great bronzer and quite the bang for your buck. Highly recommend!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Makeupobsession22

I have this bronzer in sunny, but it's called matte bronzer! I think I got this a year ago when my Wal mart only had the matte bronzer, now they stocked up on the smooth skin bronzer. They're the same thing I think. But my bronzer is not smooth at all. The roughness of the powder bothers me more than the packaging! I was really disappointed but reading the reviews i think I got a bad one. When I want to swatch it with my finger, the surface of the powder just gets scaly and rough. The color pay off is really buildable. I can give myself a subtle glow or a very contoured chiseled look. But I'm going out and buying another one of these bronzers! I'm probably going to toss this one out and retype a review when I buy another one (:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by anna91996

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was soooo excited to get this! Emilynoel83 really likes this so I thought I'd try it and some other stuff but the Walmart I went to doesn't have a lot of their face products in stock. This wasn't even in the right place! There wasn't any there so I was going to get one from Rimmel but I saw this with their bronzers!! Glad I found it and I like the colour and texture. Definitely will be trying more of their products!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Abomination

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm glad this worked on sooo many people. But it simply didn't for me. Maybe because I am so pale. Oompa loompa city. =( The price was uber cheap, so I don't feel at a loss at all. Going to try the Essence matte blonde bronzer next and see how that goes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Terrific bronzer. I've used this with E.L.F. Candid Coral blush and the result is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by sixtyfive

nice bronzer doesn't make me look orange and its really buildable

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Snookers2013

Regardless of whether you like the packaging or not, this is a very good basic product to own. Its comparable to mac's matte bronze (i also have used this) but you save $20. Think about what you could do with $20? I won you over? If not, keep reading: the amount of product you get for the price is phenominal. It is a great amount of a quality product. 1/3 of an ounce or 9 grams for under $3. Its super blendable, although the color payoff is mid class, its finely milled and buildable for color control. Great all-over color. Smooth finish without glitter and oil reducing is a bonus for my combination skin. If you are drier, you might want to try a highlighting powder/cream/gel. As far as packaging goes, ive seen better and worse. Some of the poorly packaged products were pricey too. I found that mine doesent open/shut easily, you really need to snap it shut. Other than that it is a great product overall. Definately worth the money. #Holygrail and will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Allybaley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WORTH EVERY PENNY. Unlike all other drug store products filled with chunky glitter and weird packaging, finally a SIMPLE bronzer for under 3 dollars that works amazingly. I will never ever by a high end bronzer again ! I will buy over and over again.