New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

on 1/18/2012 11:16:00 PM

Was looking for a bronzer to give my face a hint of colour through the winter on my NW20 skin. Was all set to head out to Sephora or MAC and spend $$ and checked the reviews here to find some good suggestions to look out for. Instead I found the reviews for this NYC product and figured I had nothing to lose. I'm so happy I gave it a shot! Its exactly what I wanted. I don't really contour, I just give a light sweep over my face/neck. It is sheer and matte, so if you're looking for something more dramatic, you might not like this. Like others mentioned, the packaging is cheap, but so is the price! It does have a nice mirror, and I use the sponge to protect the product inside (I use a big fluffy brush from Ecotools to apply). Will definitely repurchase and have recommended it to many!

on 1/18/2012 10:53:00 PM

Best bronzer ever!!! And it's only 3$ ... You can't have better than that !

on 1/13/2012 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

for the price i dont think this can be beaten, im glad it isnt super pigmented because it gives me the chance to build it up or wear it really lightly. its a lovely color with no shimmer and does just a good a job as any other bronzer i have and is a 1/4 of the price.

on 1/11/2012 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This was just an OK product nothing special. Wouldn't buy again.

on 1/11/2012 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like this bronzer for contouring. I use my bare minerals all over face powder in faux tan(sometimes warmth) and then this. This product lasts longer through the day then the BE(About 4 hours without touchups). The packaging is cheap.. But for under 3 bucks at target what do you expect? The actual product doesn't seem soft or chalky so I don't see it crumbling or breaking due to packaging but only time will tell..

on 1/11/2012 8:14:00 PM

I recently decided to bought this cheap bronzer and a HE one, and I have to say i actually like this one better, which is about 1/10th of the cost of the more expensive one, but happy to say neither broke me out!

This product is sheer but buildable, so it looks quite natural, but even on my NC20 skin, I find it can look a bit orangey, as with many bronzers out there unfortunately..

I can't say much about the packaging because it would be absurd to expect perfection in every way from a product below $5, but it's good it has a big mirror, although I never use it and I enjoy how slim it is,, very convenient(:

The staying power is okay, after a school day it fades, but there are still some traces left and I said I would repurchase, but I have a feeling this is going to last me a while, even with everyday use :I

The ingredients in this one are still pretty bad, but its a bit better than the loose and pressed translucent powders from this line.

on 1/9/2012 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Not a fan of this product. I found it hard to pick up any product on my brush and barely noticed any difference in my skin tone. I hate the packaging. It's so cheap and I feel like it is going to break everytime I use it. I'd rather spend the money on something that works and is more sturdy.

This is probably the worst bronzer I've ever tried. The only reason I bought it was because it seems to be popular among youtube videos. It tends to stick in spots (even with tons of blending) which looks like dirt. The finish is uber matte, which makes it look even more like I rubbed dirt on my face. This only looks okay on my bare skin, to give a bit of color (kinda oompa loopa orange though). Definitely terrible for making cheek bones stand out. I will gladly pay 15 clams for a decent bronzer after this.

Wow, I really like this. Every bronzer out there seems too light for my pale skin, but this look so natural on my skin! The color is so sheer, it barely even shows up on my skin tone and the packaging is cheap (-1 Lippie) However, it is very buildable but it does take a lot of work to get a noticeable difference. It does not look orange whatsoever, no matter how much I've applied. It looks nice when you use it for contouring cheeks because it creates a nice shadow, but even when you look at where it was applied in full light, you don't see a stripe of the color across your cheek. Overall, I'd buy this again especially for this price! A lot of NYC stuff is complete junk, but this is actually quality stuff, check it out.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I haven't used this yet on my face (I'll update this as I wear it). This was the only shade available at my local Walmart. I looked at it and thought it looked pale enough for me. All I wanted was a bronzer that I could use to contour my face. This is a muddy brown color that looks like it could work with my pale olive skin. The texture feels pretty smooth and seems like it could work. So far, without testing this out on my face, it seems like a good product for what I'm looking for.
1/6/12 update: This broke me out like crazy. I had wanted to get it to work but it just doesn't.

Top Rated New York Color Products