Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 3/26/2009 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is a very well cleanser and a mask. it gets rid of my acne like no other. maybe even too well. I purchased this a year ago when the prices were lower. it raised up! damn. well it's worth it. i had ugly acne, everywhere. blackheads severely around my nose and big bumpy acne on my forehead. i used this and got results in a week. i somehow lost the product and bought other cleansers from neutrogena (the Deep Clean line). i was convinced these were good too because by then i actually forgot how good this pore cleanser was. i had acne where i never had them- on my cheeks and my chin! and blackheads on my nose were reappearing. what was happening!? is it just my makeup?
recently i found my pore cleanser mask again. wow, a whole year later! i opened it and the product dried around the opening. i washed the cap and the cream was still like it was before, when i bought it. i used it and honestly, the little acne bumps on my cheeks disappeared RIGHT after cleansing. not a Get results the following day!, but a 5 minute cleansing! oh by the way. it freaking Burned my face that night. i endured it, but got good results, haha. the second time i used it, it burned a little, and the third time- none at all. BUT! there have always and forever will be that very cool, refreshing feel to it afterwards. it's almost too strong for me (not smell). but i have great results! i am buying again. i hope they don't discontinue this...

on 3/25/2009 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Skin type: normal/dry, acne-prone and resistant.

I purchased this cleanser on a whim from my local Priceline store for around $11 (AUD).

Like my experience with most of the other Neutrogena cleansers I have tried, I wasn’t pleased. The texture of this cleanser is lightly creamy (almost milky) and has a slightly grimy feel to it. On application it feels refreshingly tingly and it does clean my skin very well, a little too well as it stripped my skin causing it to produce more oil than normal. After prolonged use my skin became red and dehydrated due to the BP, I will not be repurchasing.

Product details:
Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask is a breakthrough acne-fighting formula that can be used two ways:
As a Daily Cleanser to kill the bacteria that can cause blackheads and breakouts. Gently massage the rich creamy lather over skin and rinse with water.
As an Intensive Mask for deep cleansing and extra oil control. Smooth an even layer over skin, allowing the formula to penetrate for up to 5 minutes before rinsing with water. You'll feel it's cooling intensity build as it penetrates into the pores.

Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment)

on 3/1/2009 5:36:00 PM

I really, really like this cleanser. It is easy to wash off and leaves my face feeling so clean! I love how it can be used as both a quick cleanser and then a 5 minute mask. It definitely cleans my pores and helps with breakouts. I also like the cooling sensation it leaves on my skin. HG status.

on 1/27/2009 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this cleanser/mask. I love how it feels on my face, a fresh clean tingling feeling and the mask is great. I have sensitive skin and im so happy i found this product. I tried many other brands and they would make me break out. I use the mask 2-3 times a week depending on how oily my skin gets. I love this cleanser/mask.

on 1/27/2009 4:58:00 PM

Reviews on this made me laugh because now I know what those white spots on my towel were! Ok, other than the fact that this does stain towels, I love this stuff. On days where I was really stressed or greasy, I love to take a shower and use the mask part. It really helps get my face clean and prevent blemishes. This is one of the best face washes out there.. IMO. I I use the mask about 2 times a week and the cleanser part everynight. Last time I tried to get more, the store was out so I tried Noxema.. oh hells no, not even close. Overall, I can't get enough of this stuff!

on 1/26/2009 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This made my face feel really clean. I use to use this once a week many many years ago. It didn't dry out my skin or anything. My skin got use to it so it stopped working for me. Thats why i wouldn't repurchase.

on 1/25/2009 2:19:00 AM

just recently started using this. so far i love it. it is the only facial care regimen with benzoyl peroxide that i can find in stores where i live.
i have very sensitive skin, so i have to use it as a cleanser not a mask, because it does burn my skin if i leave it on.
it does dry my skin out in some areas.
other wise, it clears my breakouts better than anything else i have tried so far.

on 1/23/2009 8:01:00 PM

Great for spot treatment at night, as a mask. Using it regularly can be too drying a lot of the time.

on 1/23/2009 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Good mask/cleanser.This stuff worked wonders for me in the 6th grade,but not anymore.It kept my face clean and I didnt break out as much.I love this as a mask though!I use it after I steam my face,I'll usually wear it when I take a bubble bath or something.Its REALLY drying as a mask though

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is definitely my HG facial cleanser. I have oily skin (especially the nose & forehead) and it keeps the breakouts away. I have tried so many different cleansers but nothing, absolutely nothing, works better than this. I found this stuff a few years ago. After trying different prescription creams from my dermatologist and not seeing results, I started searching around for my own remedy. I tried this and was amazed. I mostly use it as an everyday cleanser, using it as a mask maybe twice a month. I cannot say enough about this product. Your face is noticeably clearer and smoother instantly. I couldn't imagine what I would do if this was ever discontinued. Great stuff!!!!!