July 25, 2014 | 1968 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2008 5:10:00 AM More reviews by laurennyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

With a name called 'Clear Pore' you'd think this product would clear your pores. Guess again, it's just a fancy gimmic to lure you into buying the product. Did not clear my pores. Left my skin dry - the kind of dry that feels like your skin is almost desperate for moisture. Would not use it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by sbprincess21

I mainly use this as a once or twice a week deep cleaning "mask" treatment (especially in the summer time when my skin is super oily!), OR as a face wash when I need my skin to be super deep cleaned after those hot, sweaty days. It washes off all of that make up gunk, and leaves my skin feeling fresh and the absolute cleanest it could be. I couldn't use this on a daily basis though as it would dry my skin out something terrible, but as a every now and then "super" cleanser, a nightly cleanser, or a weekly face mask it is PERFECT!

What I love most about this product is how it literally makes my blackheads disappear like nothing else. It's a good face wash to have on hand when you feel like your regular cleanser just isn't enough, and you need something a little stronger-which we ALL know sometimes we need from time to time. It definitely helps my skin with oil control.

This is the face wash that I mostly turn to in the summer time, and especially when my acne begins to flare up, it catches those break outs and nips them in the bud because it cleanses sooo deep into your pores. I can use this mask at night when I feel my skin beginning to misbehave, follow up with my typical acne treatment, and it helps A LOT!

For me, it's one of those face washes I always have on hand when my skin needs that extra extra cleansing.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by PinkEssentials

I have very oily/acne prone skin and thought this product would work for me.I didnt like this cleanser at all. It didn't do anything to control my breakouts, didn't really help control oil and lastly, it made my face itch like crazy! I am not allergic to BP, and my face never itched from using any other other product w/ BP. This just did not work well with my skin. For some reason, I thought that using this product as a mask, would help smooth out my skin's texture, but it didn't do that either. The price is fairly decent at 6.99 but of course, I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by varga100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this as my nightly cleanser. I feel really clean and fresh when I wash it off. I rarely ever have breakouts anymore (though I use a combination of products so I can't give complete credit to the pore cleanser), so I will continue to purchase. I've gone through two tubes so far and unless this suddenly becomes ineffective for me in the future this will have a permanent place in my medicine cabinet. I also use this as a mask once or twice a week. Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by pizzamomma

I really like this mask. I use it about three times a week and usually more at that time of the month. It also works well for me in the summer to control my oil. I can use as a mask for about 10 minutes in the morning and then put on my make up. I am on my second tube!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by loovexemilyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I never really use masks all that often. I used this just hours ago. Before it was completely dry I felt my skin get tight and burn. I washed it off. And every single area I put it was bright red. I was shocked. I have no where near sensitive skin, at all! When I touch the areas I put the mask on, it feels warm, as apposed to the areas where I didn't, and they feel normal. It feels like I got sunburn. Oh well. Whatever.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ginijay123

This is perfect for the hormonal acne that flares up on my chin area. I use it as a wash daily during the summer on my chin area *only*, and I use it as a mask around those times when it tends to flare year round. I have used it on my nose area before when I have been sweating outside and my nose ends up looking like an oil slick, but not a lot b/c it seems to irritate the sides of my nose occasionally. I use it in combination with a SA product (the rest of my face doesn't seem to like BP--see my other review). I hope they never discontinue it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by hajime

BP products tend to work well for me where salicylic acid products fail. This seems to be a fairly gentle, yet effective product on my skin. I use it as a cleanser most often, rather than as a mask. Like another poster mentioned, if you get hormonal breakouts, use this the week before you know it typically happens! Avoids the whole need to use a mask in the first place. I would never leave this stuff on overnight, but it seems okay when I use it as an occasional cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2008 3:47:00 AM More reviews by ryenrawkstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of Neutrogena products, but I am not too big on this particular product. I bought it liking the idea of the product being a 2 in 1 cleanser/mask hybrid. I got it at Target for around 5 or 6 dollars and when I got home I used it as a cleanser. The consistancy is really thick-like a mask, and things got a little messy. I get random breakouts so I expected the product to help with my acne seeing as it has 3.5% benzoyl peroxide. I tried the product as a mask, after washing off, my skin felt tight and stung a little. I will not be repurchasing this product but it is definitely not the worst product I have tried. Three lippies!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2008 10:41:00 AM More reviews by kanchii

DON'T BUY THIS IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO BP!
i thought i'd give it a try cause it just has 3.5% bp. A HUGE BLUNDER! i left it on my face overnight as spot treatment on areas that needed help, and now my face is all red all over. it's itchy too. and it just worsened my zits.
don't take chances like i did.