October 31, 2014 | 810 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2005 6:36:00 AM More reviews by jill627

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am surprised at the negative reviews on this product. I,too, received this as a GWP and was pleased at the deep black color and the clean, no clumping lengthening it did for my lashes. No flaking or smudging, either, although I have only worn it twice. I may change my mind, we'll see. So far, looks pretty good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2005 11:28:00 AM More reviews by lovermac

I actually like this mascara. If you apply it with slow long strokes, and kind of remove the excess mascara on the tube when you pull out the wand, this doesn't clump and gives you nice long lashes. I have tried a lot of mascaras and this one has given me the longest lashes. I won't say it is my HG mascara, but it is the best I have tried so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2005 12:23:00 AM More reviews by sandboxx

pretty average for the price and it clumps. i'm just glad i got it as a gift with purchase.
to be honest, i got better results with l'oreal voluminous and it's about four times cheaper, if you buy it at walmart.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2005 10:35:00 PM More reviews by magdalene00

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I first encountered Magnascopic as a GWP, and was sufficiently impressed to budge from my Max Factor 2000 Calorie and plunk down my money for a dept. store mascara. (I had done so in the past with other brands, but not been moved enough to spend the extra $$ for mascara that just ended up on my lower lids --rather than lashes.)

What I like about this product:

Intensity of pigment, so that I can get away with 2 coats of mascara
Big points for the fact that it does not smear or flake on me, when most mascaras will
Lengthening effect (because it is so dark, the tips of my lashes can actually be seen)
No discernible, objectionable odor, as with some mascaras
Mascara does not "go dry" in the tube as fast as some others I've tried
Nice packaging is the frosting on the cake

What I would like to see improved:

The volumizing is moderate
Lashes do clump, but as has been pointed out in a previous review, meticulous application will circumvent this
Lashes are stiff: Is there any way around this, though, with a dramatically dark mascara? Still searching...

continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2005 2:23:00 AM More reviews by bsb_baby_love

This was mediocre at best. The bristles on the brush were just too stiff for it to work well. Good thing the was a DWP.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2005 11:10:00 AM More reviews by geminiatwain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is such a great mascara, I tried the GWP size. I am surprised by the rather mixed reviews to this. I have tried many mascara's in the hope of longer, fuller lashes (I have sparse, short ones). This is the first mascara that I can honestly say gave me "false lash" effect style lashes. I looked totally different from normal with these long lashes and was rather hesitant to wipe it away at night! One thing I must comment on though is it is supposed to be a volumising mascara (which I didn't notice that much), I found it more lengthening than fattening. It does tend to give slightly clumpy, stiff lashes, but I always use a lash comb after applying anyway. The tube is cute, the brush is great to get into the corners and really does apply to every lash, colour choice good, the price is a little more than I would like to pay, but the results it gives are so great I don't mind. Give this a try, it's well worth it. I am already going to buy the full-size tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2005 9:38:00 PM More reviews by TaylaB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara just falls short of its claims. Although it is a decent mascara and doesn't flake or smear on me, it doesn't give any extra volume for me. It does give some length but that is not what I bought it for, obviously.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2005 11:11:00 AM More reviews by MargaretD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Terrible, terrible mascara. The wand brush is absolutely AWFUL! I am convinced that brush is the most important part of a mascara. Anyway, it gave me thin, insect-leg lashes. Looked horrendous. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2005 12:11:00 AM More reviews by lady_vanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I don't know why everyone else hates this. I love this mascara. I use this mascara all the freaking time now. I way love this better than Max Factor 2000 Calories. The trick to applying this mascara is slow and precise. Take your time with it. I don't even need to use eyelash curler with this mascara. I'm Asian therefore my lashes are straight out. It makes my lashes fuller and longer(even though my lashes are long w/o mascara). If you take your time with this mascara, you won't ended up with a few spiky lashes. Giving it 4 lippies cause it's not waterproof and not idiotproof product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2005 12:59:00 PM More reviews by attieli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is by far one of the most awful mascaras I've used. I buy a lot of Estee Lauder products and have received a few tubes of this mascara during 'gift' promotions. Every single tube has proven to be the same--just awful! It is clumpy and messy and it does not go on well at all. I cannot think of why Estee Lauder would launch such a terrible product.--There are far more elegant mascaras out there (Lancome, L'Oreal, MAC, Almay). Don't waste your money!