MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 6/1/2009 2:14:00 AM

Despite all the good reviews on this brush, I don't consider this one of my favorites. I love all my other mac brushes. But this one, not so much. I use it on my lids, it does a good job i think. But somehow i find this brush is harder to clean than others(i use the mac cleanser). Also, I don't think it does a much better job than my other much much cheaper eye shadow brushes. Overall, I don't feel this brush is worth the money:(

on 5/29/2009 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would definitely buy this brush again if anything happened to my beloved 239 *knocks on wood*. This brush was my first ever mac brush. And it is one of my favorites. It's perfect for packing color on the lid, and : The makeup you use is only as good as the tools you use with it.
This 'quote' is so true in this case. This brush just picks up color so well, and delivers it in a flawless pigmented way.
I would recommend this to everyone I know. And if you could only buy one brush from MAC I would say buy this one!!
This brush can also be used for crease work, and since it's so skinny, it can also be used for liner!! I don't usually use this brush for these purposes, but it still works!

on 5/28/2009 8:52:00 PM

I would not be able to live without this brush! I had a couple of the SK eye shadow brushes and thought I was doing fine with them, but as soon as I bought this brush I realized I got a lot more color payoff and a lot less fallout with the 239. I will definitely be repurchasing this brush in the future.

on 5/28/2009 8:38:00 PM

My first makeup brush. Never really liked using brushes before until I purchased this one. It applies the shadow easily and evenly. If you like your color bright or dark, I highly suggest you try this brush because it picks up more of the shadow then most other brushes.

on 5/27/2009 3:09:00 PM

I love this brush! It is perfect for every thing I need! I did use a 213 fluff brush, then I got this is a swap and I wonder how I managed without it!
I love the bristle being white, at first I did think oh it may be easy to stain, but Once washed it comes up lovely and white again!
Would definatly buy this again as a back up!

on 5/24/2009 8:41:00 PM

I really do love this brush - alot. I am new to MAC brushes, relatively speaking, but this is one of my all time favorites. I own about 7 of their brushes now and this one is a workhorse! It packs on color like no other brush Ive ever used. On top of that, it washes completely clean, even after using it to apply dark cream shadows (which can be a pill to remove from brushes). I love the handle length too. Yes, MAC are extrememly overpriced,. However, my application has gotten better since using it, so I am guessing it is worth its weight to me!

on 5/23/2009 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yes this is a great brush for packing color onto the lids but I've been using Sonia Kashuk's Fluffy Eye Shadow Brush (used to be the #18) for years and it's a very good dupe of the 239. Okay, so the 239 is softer, has white hairs, and is the tiniest bit fluffier and thicker but I think the SK is a decent dupe and very affordable at just under $7. I had my SK for over 6 years and finally got two more because I realized what a great brush it is and hadn't been able to find an affordable dupe anywhere.

on 5/16/2009 12:38:00 PM

Love this brush! It makes it easier to apply all over lid eyeshadow. And you can be more precise as to up to where you want to apply it. I will have to buy a back up for this definitely!!

on 5/15/2009 6:15:00 PM

This is a great brush for applying color to your lid. I use this brush everyday, it is well worth the price tag!

on 5/15/2009 6:11:00 PM

This was one of the first mac brushes I bought, and is one of the reasons I am now addicted. They are expensive brushes but are great quality. I never have any shading and it always shapes well after washing. A great brush for placing color on the lid. Well worth the money.

Video Reviews & Tutorials