MAC Frost - Angel

I was so dissapointed when I got this lipstick in the mail from MAC, not only because I didn't like the color and looks completely different in pictures and online than it does in person, but the first time I opened it, the lipstick broke, but that doesn't change the fact that the lipstick is wayyy darker in person than it is online and it even looks lighter in the tube, when I put it on I knew it would hate it. It reminds me of maybellines pink please, which makes me look like a clown. If only it were a bit pinker I would like it, but sadly I was dissapointed.

on 6/22/2010 10:36:00 PM

This is a very nice color, but it just doesn't work for me. I got it awhile ago because of the Kim Kardashian hype. I did notice that it looks better on me when I am more tan (NC30-35) than when I am lighter (NC25). And it also looks better on me with a lipliner and gloss, but I don't want to bother with that most of the time. Viva Glam Gaga actually looks better on me than this does.

on 6/18/2010 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my HG lipstick. I absolutely love it. The color is perfect on me. NW15 or 20. It almost looks like a nude - but I have a lot of pink undertones on my skin. So for me it's a nude-pink. This really does look good on almost everyone!

I have no idea why it's classified as a frost, I think it's more like a luster. It has some subtle shimmer, but it's certainly not frosty. It's the color I always reach for. Looks natural for every day wear (I'm a SAHM), and pairs perfectly with dramatic eye makeup for night. I always wear light pink/nude lip colors - the other MAC lipsticks I use are Blankety, Viva Glam Gaga, Creme Cup, and Saint Germain... and this is the one I find myself using all the time - probably 10 times more than my other lipsticks - combined!

on 6/15/2010 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Had to edit this review. Maybe it's because I have very pigmented lips, but this color comes out an awkward bright pink on me that one would probably associate with an "old lady" type color. It looks gorgeous on many others that I know who own it but unfortunately it's a no go for me.

on 6/10/2010 10:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I loved this pink but because my lips are so pigmented it turns into a hot very blue toned pink on me so i tend to use gold lipglosses or add myth before this lipstick to tone it down. But its a perfect pink for most of my other friends with less pigmented lips.

I will not repurchase partly cos i found something similar which is ysl's rouge volupte in number 01 (which says its a nude beige but its totally a PINK). Its less blue toned than angel so i dont have to waste time on glosses which doesn't look good on me since i already have full lips.

on 5/26/2010 1:05:00 PM

I love this lipstick! I'm not a lipstick-girl, I'm totally a lipgloss-girl, but I actually like this lipstick more then a lot of my lipglosses. I have blond hair, and fair skin and all of that, and this colour is just perfect on my lips. Looks so good! Will buy this again as soon as I run out :)

on 5/14/2010 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i love this color! its pretty much a lot like creme cup. Which i love more than angel but angel doesnt melt like creme cup will.

on 5/9/2010 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Angel is a beautiful pinky nude colour. I expected more of a baby pink than what it is but I like it. It has more of a peachy, even goldish undertone as opposed to a true baby pink such as Viva Glam Gaga. It is not overly frosty or glitter, as MAC Frost lipsticks are the perfect formula. It is a great colour if you want a nude lip with a more natural colour. It is very buildable and looks even better with primer. Very moisturizing and lasts a long time. It is a necessity for every MAC collection.

on 5/8/2010 11:14:00 AM

I actually got this yesterday and I LOVE it. I told the MA that I was looking for a light/pinky color and she gave me Angel. I was little worried becasue it's a frost and I don't like metallic lips lol, but it's SO soft and creamy-not frosty at all! I think Angel is the perfect neutral pink lipstick. I had creme cup (I lost it :( ) and which looked similar but it came out a little brighter, I would pick this over creme cup. I love angel because I'll be able to wear it with any makeup look from smokey eyes to neutrals. I don't think anyone would not like this lipstick. oh and I have VERY pigmented lips and this goes on quite opaque without looking chalky.

on 5/7/2010 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought this after a SA suggested it. I'm almost finished with my tube, and I really like it. It's a really pretty not too bright mid toned pink. I don't actually find it frosty at all, which is a relief. I think it brightens my face, and this is one of my daily staples. Love it.

Recommended for Medium Skin