August 1, 2014 | 932 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2008 4:45:00 AM More reviews by RococoRose

Ugh! I really wanted to love this (as I love Pro Lumiere, Mat Lumiere, Teint Innocence) but I just cant. It looks good for about fifteen minutes and then I am a complete oil slick, and I do not have oily skin! I hate seing my reflection with this on, it is just depressing. I need to blot nearly every half hour to maintain an acceptable look. When I look in the mirror I am simply blinded by the shine. It absorbs all of my carefully applied blush/contour/illuminator. I pull this out occasionally, hopeing, hopeing it will work but it just dosnt. It lasts a little better when I powder over it however.

EDIT!: The past few times I have worn this I have tried using powder over the top to set it and it looks AMAZING!! I dont usually set with powder becuase I am young and have okay skin and do not like to have too many 'layers' of makeup on my face. I decided to try it over Vitalumiere to see if it reduced the shine and my oh my it did just that!! I will still a bit shiny after a wee while but that was only slightly on my nose and my cheeks bt it was certainly more of a glowy shine than an 'ew yuck you oil slick' shine. For reference I set with Prada's compact powder. I am very happy this has started to work for me, it looks amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2008 6:32:00 PM More reviews by floralipke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried too hard to love it but now I am in fence of it. It is good for my dry skin. I do like the glow finishing. However the coverage is tooooo sheer. You can layer out to build up coverage. But you need more powder to set up. The result is too heavy makeup looking. Stay power is poor too.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by machrina

it feels very light and smooth. it gives a very sheer to medium coverage and the face really glows but the staying power of this product is absolutely zero. dior pure light which is in the same category is much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by sorinagrave

This foundation gives good coverage and a nice glow. The consistency is creamy, really easy to blend in; the pump is great for getting the right amount. All delivered as promissed but I found it a bit uncomfortable to wear - it feels rather heavy & sticky towards the end of the day. Not a good range of shades either. I wouldn't buy it again because of the price and the comfort factor.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2008 4:04:00 AM More reviews by zucch3ro

I think i have found my HG foundation! I am lucky to have a clear complexion but i still have patches of redness and uneven tones etc. This foundation is so light i would liken it to a tinted moisturiser. But it covers all te bad stuff without looking too heavy. Its easy to blend and looks incredibly smooth on. It moisturises my skin well and creates a very dewy look.
I love the way my skin looks with this on and definately plan on purchasing again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by bethindy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First, let me say that this is a lovely product....just not for me. My first problem was finding a color match. I have a lot of pink in my fair skin and all the shades were a bit too yellow. I did purchase the lightest and tried to make it work, but ended up returning it. The other issue was how it settled on my dry skin (even with moisturizer applied first). It looked a little heavy, unnatural, and a bit chalky.

The Chanel SA was awesome and spent a lot of time with me to find something that would work. We (I'll credit Renee for her diligence) determined that Teint Naturel in Alabaster was both a good color match and it covered beautifully without looking too heavy.

When you're shopping for a foundation, invest some time and try it on!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 9:02:00 AM More reviews by hkeeley

For aging skin where the trend is "less is more" this does the trick. More Magazine states that the biggest mistake older women make with their makeup is heavy foundation, too dark lipstick and the use of finishing powder. Amen to that! The trend is lighter, more youthful colors (sheer pinks and flush of color) and a lighter foundation. The liquid formula allows for sheer coverage and buildable coverage in areas that might need more help. I recently purchased the Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch primer and under the Chanel liquid, the results were fabulous. When the Chanel SA "did" my face, she put it on fairly heavy (as all SAs tend to do) and even with the heavier than normal appl. the results were luminous and natural. The pump bottle allows complete control of how much product you dispense. I used one and a half squirts into the palm of my clean hand and applied with a foundation brush (mostly on cheeks, chin and nose). Its consistency is much more liquid than any other foundation from a pump but the coverage is still good. It felt light and easily blended out with the brush. It did not settle into fine lines or creases/folds. It didn't leave my skin feeling dry either despite its lighter consistency.(and the cold climate I live in) The bottle contains a lot of product. I would say for those women who are trying to get a more natural finish, this is the product for you. I can't comment on color selection because the one tried on my face at the Chanel counter was a great match for my ruddy, aging, combo and sometimes bizarre-o skin. I am fair but I have a lot of "color" in my skin - and sometimes it appears to have a lot of yellow, and sometimes a lot of red. Go figure. As an aside, after I had purchased the foundation, the SA gave me a huge amount of skincare samples and I was blown away by the amount. They will last me months (and I even shared some with friends)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Laura22

This, quite simply, is a lovely product. It goes on smoothly to create a lovely finish...my skin looks perfect and glowing. A friend sitting just across from at a small table could not tell I was wearing makeup but commented on how nice my skin was looking. The down sides of this product are that I believe it would not work well for anyone with even slightly oily skin. My skin is normal and I find this can be abit too much for me. I really can't wear it in the summer. The other down-side for me is that it does not feel natural (which may related to the issue of my skin type). So, I tend to wear this when I want to dress up more and I use something lighter for day to day use. Final down-side, it has spf which I don't like because it can affect the photostablility of my actual sunscreen. So, overall, a lovely product but won't work for everyone. FYI...I use beige (#2 or 40 depending which country your in) and I'm about nc30 or nc35 in summer.

Update: Over time, I began to feel this product was too heavy and abit too oily for my skin type. That doesn't diminish its quality but just won't be my hg (at least at this time of life).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by MandyBayou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Excellent foundation! first reaction on opening, was it's strong scent.. which smelt like roses or something..i thought my skin is NOT going to like this, but surprisingly, it's SO comfortable on that it feels like i'm wearing no makeup at all. It sinks right into the skin so you have to blend fast! But it looked dewy and natural and lasted all night.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Kayabea

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this foundation. The color is perfect,and it makes my skin look flawless if put on with a foundation brush. I need to use very little for a natural looking coverage, and a little more in the evening. I was using Estee Lauder's brand for mature skin, but there is no comparison and well worth the extra dollars. I will definitely buy this again.