October 21, 2014 | 993 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by rachcherrie

This is my HG foundation. It glides on nicely, can be layered to achieve the coverage desired. I layer it heavier on my cheek bones to cover some pigmentation, works well.
Love the packaging, very stylish... Everything you would expect from Chanel at that kind of price!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by laurall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the lightness of this product, and the general feel on the skin. Unfortunately, the coverage is disappointing, and it can make you look oily. Looks like my search for the perfect foundation is not over yet...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2008 2:04:00 PM More reviews by amberjade21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually use Dior but I am always tempted by different brands so I tried Chanel for a while! I tried using Chanel Mat Lumiere during the Summer but my skin was too dry for it when Winter came so I tried this one. I like the light, dewy coverage it provides as I don't like to look too made up. I am lucky that I have clear skin but on the odd day I have a spot or don't get enough sleep, I find that the coverage isn't quite enough - so you have to have good skin for this. Also as others have said, this is better for people with dry skins - I have combination skin and can just about get away with in Winter it if I use powder. On a plus-note, a tiny squirt goes a long way so even though it was expensive at £25 I can't see myself having to buy more than one bottle a year. I use the shade 'cendre' but I was a bit confused as it is way more orange than the 'cendre' in the Mat Lumiere which is a bit annoying as it means I can only use it when I self-tan. Overall, I do like it as a winter foundation as it looks glowy, has spf15 and it smells nice but I prefer the look (and colour) of the same shade in Mat Lumiere which I used in the Summer. I wouldn't buy it again as I wasn't 'in love' with it and I didn't finish the bottle. Back to Dior Sculpt for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2008 4:45:00 AM More reviews by RococoRose

Ugh! I really wanted to love this (as I love Pro Lumiere, Mat Lumiere, Teint Innocence) but I just cant. It looks good for about fifteen minutes and then I am a complete oil slick, and I do not have oily skin! I hate seing my reflection with this on, it is just depressing. I need to blot nearly every half hour to maintain an acceptable look. When I look in the mirror I am simply blinded by the shine. It absorbs all of my carefully applied blush/contour/illuminator. I pull this out occasionally, hopeing, hopeing it will work but it just dosnt. It lasts a little better when I powder over it however.

EDIT!: The past few times I have worn this I have tried using powder over the top to set it and it looks AMAZING!! I dont usually set with powder becuase I am young and have okay skin and do not like to have too many 'layers' of makeup on my face. I decided to try it over Vitalumiere to see if it reduced the shine and my oh my it did just that!! I will still a bit shiny after a wee while but that was only slightly on my nose and my cheeks bt it was certainly more of a glowy shine than an 'ew yuck you oil slick' shine. For reference I set with Prada's compact powder. I am very happy this has started to work for me, it looks amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2008 6:32:00 PM More reviews by floralipke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried too hard to love it but now I am in fence of it. It is good for my dry skin. I do like the glow finishing. However the coverage is tooooo sheer. You can layer out to build up coverage. But you need more powder to set up. The result is too heavy makeup looking. Stay power is poor too.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by machrina

it feels very light and smooth. it gives a very sheer to medium coverage and the face really glows but the staying power of this product is absolutely zero. dior pure light which is in the same category is much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by sorinagrave

This foundation gives good coverage and a nice glow. The consistency is creamy, really easy to blend in; the pump is great for getting the right amount. All delivered as promissed but I found it a bit uncomfortable to wear - it feels rather heavy & sticky towards the end of the day. Not a good range of shades either. I wouldn't buy it again because of the price and the comfort factor.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2008 4:04:00 AM More reviews by zucch3ro

I think i have found my HG foundation! I am lucky to have a clear complexion but i still have patches of redness and uneven tones etc. This foundation is so light i would liken it to a tinted moisturiser. But it covers all te bad stuff without looking too heavy. Its easy to blend and looks incredibly smooth on. It moisturises my skin well and creates a very dewy look.
I love the way my skin looks with this on and definately plan on purchasing again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by bethindy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First, let me say that this is a lovely product....just not for me. My first problem was finding a color match. I have a lot of pink in my fair skin and all the shades were a bit too yellow. I did purchase the lightest and tried to make it work, but ended up returning it. The other issue was how it settled on my dry skin (even with moisturizer applied first). It looked a little heavy, unnatural, and a bit chalky.

The Chanel SA was awesome and spent a lot of time with me to find something that would work. We (I'll credit Renee for her diligence) determined that Teint Naturel in Alabaster was both a good color match and it covered beautifully without looking too heavy.

When you're shopping for a foundation, invest some time and try it on!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 9:02:00 AM More reviews by hkeeley

For aging skin where the trend is "less is more" this does the trick. More Magazine states that the biggest mistake older women make with their makeup is heavy foundation, too dark lipstick and the use of finishing powder. Amen to that! The trend is lighter, more youthful colors (sheer pinks and flush of color) and a lighter foundation. The liquid formula allows for sheer coverage and buildable coverage in areas that might need more help. I recently purchased the Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch primer and under the Chanel liquid, the results were fabulous. When the Chanel SA "did" my face, she put it on fairly heavy (as all SAs tend to do) and even with the heavier than normal appl. the results were luminous and natural. The pump bottle allows complete control of how much product you dispense. I used one and a half squirts into the palm of my clean hand and applied with a foundation brush (mostly on cheeks, chin and nose). Its consistency is much more liquid than any other foundation from a pump but the coverage is still good. It felt light and easily blended out with the brush. It did not settle into fine lines or creases/folds. It didn't leave my skin feeling dry either despite its lighter consistency.(and the cold climate I live in) The bottle contains a lot of product. I would say for those women who are trying to get a more natural finish, this is the product for you. I can't comment on color selection because the one tried on my face at the Chanel counter was a great match for my ruddy, aging, combo and sometimes bizarre-o skin. I am fair but I have a lot of "color" in my skin - and sometimes it appears to have a lot of yellow, and sometimes a lot of red. Go figure. As an aside, after I had purchased the foundation, the SA gave me a huge amount of skincare samples and I was blown away by the amount. They will last me months (and I even shared some with friends)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No