January 27, 2015 | 1010 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2008 1:20:00 PM More reviews by angelxx

i dont know why i just cant use any liquid stuffs on my face...everytime i apply them on my face, then you can c the flaky bit of my forehead, everytime single time...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sorry, Chanel...It's probably not you, but me. I have dry, almost flawless skin, and I like sheer foundations to even out my skintone a bit. For reference, I was NC30 (though a bit more neutral), and in Teint Innocence, I'm 40 Beige. After several samples and serious thinking, on a particularly bad-dry-skin-day, I ended up purchasing the Vitalumiere Liquid in #40 as well. However, I find that the color is more yellow/brownish than the corresponding color in TI, and I also find that it changes a bit during the day. Also, I can't stand the nutty smell of this (although the stupid SAs keep telling me that it's not perfumed. Well, maybe they just lose their sense of smell after a couple of months in those working environments? Or are they lying? Anyway, I don't particularly like that condescending attitude. 'nough complaining). I also do not like the feeling on the skin. My skin might like it, because it does moisturize rather nicely, but that's a high price to pay for having that hideous, sticky feeling on your face the whole day.

*editMarch10* I'm now lighter than ever (my selftanned days are over); NC20, almost NC15, and since my skin is going through a dry phase, I thought I'd have a look at Vitalumiere again. Guess what? None of the shades were anywhere near a match. #20 Clair was too yellow, and actually a bit dirtylooking, #30 Cendre, which I suspected might suit me, was even worse, and was too dark and muddy looking.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Jubilee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was given a sample of this at my local Chanel counter. I'm glad I didn't pay for this stuff, because it was crap. First off, it always felt greasy on my normal/combination skin. No matter how much powder I put on, it always had a greasy, shiny look. The color I was matched at, 1.5, was wayyy too dark for my PPP skin. usually I always finish every sample I'm given. This I had to throw out after 3 uses because I realized it just wasn't going to work.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by rachcherrie

This is my HG foundation. It glides on nicely, can be layered to achieve the coverage desired. I layer it heavier on my cheek bones to cover some pigmentation, works well.
Love the packaging, very stylish... Everything you would expect from Chanel at that kind of price!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by laurall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the lightness of this product, and the general feel on the skin. Unfortunately, the coverage is disappointing, and it can make you look oily. Looks like my search for the perfect foundation is not over yet...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2008 2:04:00 PM More reviews by amberjade21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually use Dior but I am always tempted by different brands so I tried Chanel for a while! I tried using Chanel Mat Lumiere during the Summer but my skin was too dry for it when Winter came so I tried this one. I like the light, dewy coverage it provides as I don't like to look too made up. I am lucky that I have clear skin but on the odd day I have a spot or don't get enough sleep, I find that the coverage isn't quite enough - so you have to have good skin for this. Also as others have said, this is better for people with dry skins - I have combination skin and can just about get away with in Winter it if I use powder. On a plus-note, a tiny squirt goes a long way so even though it was expensive at £25 I can't see myself having to buy more than one bottle a year. I use the shade 'cendre' but I was a bit confused as it is way more orange than the 'cendre' in the Mat Lumiere which is a bit annoying as it means I can only use it when I self-tan. Overall, I do like it as a winter foundation as it looks glowy, has spf15 and it smells nice but I prefer the look (and colour) of the same shade in Mat Lumiere which I used in the Summer. I wouldn't buy it again as I wasn't 'in love' with it and I didn't finish the bottle. Back to Dior Sculpt for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2008 4:45:00 AM More reviews by RococoRose

Ugh! I really wanted to love this (as I love Pro Lumiere, Mat Lumiere, Teint Innocence) but I just cant. It looks good for about fifteen minutes and then I am a complete oil slick, and I do not have oily skin! I hate seing my reflection with this on, it is just depressing. I need to blot nearly every half hour to maintain an acceptable look. When I look in the mirror I am simply blinded by the shine. It absorbs all of my carefully applied blush/contour/illuminator. I pull this out occasionally, hopeing, hopeing it will work but it just dosnt. It lasts a little better when I powder over it however.

EDIT!: The past few times I have worn this I have tried using powder over the top to set it and it looks AMAZING!! I dont usually set with powder becuase I am young and have okay skin and do not like to have too many 'layers' of makeup on my face. I decided to try it over Vitalumiere to see if it reduced the shine and my oh my it did just that!! I will still a bit shiny after a wee while but that was only slightly on my nose and my cheeks bt it was certainly more of a glowy shine than an 'ew yuck you oil slick' shine. For reference I set with Prada's compact powder. I am very happy this has started to work for me, it looks amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2008 6:32:00 PM More reviews by floralipke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried too hard to love it but now I am in fence of it. It is good for my dry skin. I do like the glow finishing. However the coverage is tooooo sheer. You can layer out to build up coverage. But you need more powder to set up. The result is too heavy makeup looking. Stay power is poor too.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by machrina

it feels very light and smooth. it gives a very sheer to medium coverage and the face really glows but the staying power of this product is absolutely zero. dior pure light which is in the same category is much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by sorinagrave

This foundation gives good coverage and a nice glow. The consistency is creamy, really easy to blend in; the pump is great for getting the right amount. All delivered as promissed but I found it a bit uncomfortable to wear - it feels rather heavy & sticky towards the end of the day. Not a good range of shades either. I wouldn't buy it again because of the price and the comfort factor.