Chanel Vitalumiere

3.9

water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben.

on 5/14/2008 6:45:00 PM

I got this foundation in Claire 20 in Canada (the colors are different in the USA). It looked great on me - very natural, very pretty and dewey. It lasted for 5-6 hours but after that it got a bit oily. I'll try Teint Innocence and if that doesn't work out, Vitalumiere will be my HG.

If I could, I would give it 4.5 kisses I guess. Half a kiss because you can go >6 hrs without powdering it or using oil absorbant paper.

This is m HG foundation, it makes me look so flawless yet its so light, i apply with a 187 mac brush and it gives me flawless skin.
I really really love this foundation, and will be buying it again.

on 4/30/2008 4:05:00 PM

This foundation is sheer, I usually prefer more coverage. Also it is VERY shiny..my boyfriend even commented me several different times while wearing it telling me my face was too shiny and thought I had too much makeup on...I thought it was pretty, just too much of a shine. For the price, I expected better...it was okay.

on 4/29/2008 12:23:00 AM

I have bought the palest colour in Vitalumiere - I have pale yellow-based skin and find shade matching in paler shades terribly difficult. I had been using a YSL colour, but found it slightly ochre and a little on the dry side heading into winter. I find that as long as my skin is well-exfoliated, I just put a primer on underneath, then use a brush to apply. I really like the pump applicator as it dispenses pretty much the right amount on one pump. I find what works for me because this does have a dewy texture is to change the order I do my makeup in. I do my eye makeup first (except mascara), then put on primer, concealer, vitalumiere, then finish off with my mascara. I find doing it in this order means that I don't get shadow dropping onto my cheeks and grabbing into the foundation. Everything looks nice a fresh this way.

on 4/27/2008 1:20:00 PM

i dont know why i just cant use any liquid stuffs on my face...everytime i apply them on my face, then you can c the flaky bit of my forehead, everytime single time...

on 4/20/2008 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Sorry, Chanel...It's probably not you, but me. I have dry, almost flawless skin, and I like sheer foundations to even out my skintone a bit. For reference, I was NC30 (though a bit more neutral), and in Teint Innocence, I'm 40 Beige. After several samples and serious thinking, on a particularly bad-dry-skin-day, I ended up purchasing the Vitalumiere Liquid in #40 as well. However, I find that the color is more yellow/brownish than the corresponding color in TI, and I also find that it changes a bit during the day. Also, I can't stand the nutty smell of this (although the stupid SAs keep telling me that it's not perfumed. Well, maybe they just lose their sense of smell after a couple of months in those working environments? Or are they lying? Anyway, I don't particularly like that condescending attitude. 'nough complaining). I also do not like the feeling on the skin. My skin might like it, because it does moisturize rather nicely, but that's a high price to pay for having that hideous, sticky feeling on your face the whole day.

*editMarch10* I'm now lighter than ever (my selftanned days are over); NC20, almost NC15, and since my skin is going through a dry phase, I thought I'd have a look at Vitalumiere again. Guess what? None of the shades were anywhere near a match. #20 Clair was too yellow, and actually a bit dirtylooking, #30 Cendre, which I suspected might suit me, was even worse, and was too dark and muddy looking.

on 4/9/2008 4:46:00 PM

I was given a sample of this at my local Chanel counter. I'm glad I didn't pay for this stuff, because it was crap. First off, it always felt greasy on my normal/combination skin. No matter how much powder I put on, it always had a greasy, shiny look. The color I was matched at, 1.5, was wayyy too dark for my PPP skin. usually I always finish every sample I'm given. This I had to throw out after 3 uses because I realized it just wasn't going to work.

on 4/9/2008 4:43:00 PM

This is my HG foundation. It glides on nicely, can be layered to achieve the coverage desired. I layer it heavier on my cheek bones to cover some pigmentation, works well.
Love the packaging, very stylish... Everything you would expect from Chanel at that kind of price!

on 4/7/2008 11:01:00 AM

I like the lightness of this product, and the general feel on the skin. Unfortunately, the coverage is disappointing, and it can make you look oily. Looks like my search for the perfect foundation is not over yet...

on 4/6/2008 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I usually use Dior but I am always tempted by different brands so I tried Chanel for a while! I tried using Chanel Mat Lumiere during the Summer but my skin was too dry for it when Winter came so I tried this one. I like the light, dewy coverage it provides as I don't like to look too made up. I am lucky that I have clear skin but on the odd day I have a spot or don't get enough sleep, I find that the coverage isn't quite enough - so you have to have good skin for this. Also as others have said, this is better for people with dry skins - I have combination skin and can just about get away with in Winter it if I use powder. On a plus-note, a tiny squirt goes a long way so even though it was expensive at £25 I can't see myself having to buy more than one bottle a year. I use the shade 'cendre' but I was a bit confused as it is way more orange than the 'cendre' in the Mat Lumiere which is a bit annoying as it means I can only use it when I self-tan. Overall, I do like it as a winter foundation as it looks glowy, has spf15 and it smells nice but I prefer the look (and colour) of the same shade in Mat Lumiere which I used in the Summer. I wouldn't buy it again as I wasn't 'in love' with it and I didn't finish the bottle. Back to Dior Sculpt for me!