Chanel Vitalumiere

3.9

water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben.

on 6/1/2008 1:43:00 PM

kind of a ruddy/tan colour (even in the nude shade) that made my face look a bit dirty? i think i was matched wrong though, as the shade just seems off on me. the texture is light/satiny (like the name says) and i like the SPF. went on great, just having trouble with the colour i was sold.

on 5/24/2008 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF PRODUCT:
This is a Chanel foundation with SPF15. It comes in a pump dispenser with the black plastic Chanel cap. There are 15 available colors at Nordstrom online, which is where I bought mine, and it retails for $52. There are more shades to choose from if you get the European version, but more on that later. It is supposed to have nut extracts to protect against free radicals.

APPLICATION: This foundation applied very smoothly and evenly with both fingers and a sponge. It has nice coverage, gives a luminous glow that is subtle, and a lovely finish. My only issue is the color. There is NOT one that matches my skin. I am NC10-15 and originally bought claire 20. It was too dark. I searched the boards, and found that there is a European shade called Limpide Nude 0.5 so I ran to ebay and shelled out $52 more for that shade. It is also too dark and too.....something.....I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe a bit too neutral for me?

OVERALL IMPRESSION: Anyway, there is no shade in this line light enough for me, which is really upsetting considering I love the finish and the coverage. This is a great foundation, just not for the extreme PPP. :( I am disappointed and due to lack of shade match would not buy again. continued >>

on 5/14/2008 6:45:00 PM

I got this foundation in Claire 20 in Canada (the colors are different in the USA). It looked great on me - very natural, very pretty and dewey. It lasted for 5-6 hours but after that it got a bit oily. I'll try Teint Innocence and if that doesn't work out, Vitalumiere will be my HG.

If I could, I would give it 4.5 kisses I guess. Half a kiss because you can go >6 hrs without powdering it or using oil absorbant paper.

This is m HG foundation, it makes me look so flawless yet its so light, i apply with a 187 mac brush and it gives me flawless skin.
I really really love this foundation, and will be buying it again.

on 4/30/2008 4:05:00 PM

This foundation is sheer, I usually prefer more coverage. Also it is VERY shiny..my boyfriend even commented me several different times while wearing it telling me my face was too shiny and thought I had too much makeup on...I thought it was pretty, just too much of a shine. For the price, I expected better...it was okay.

on 4/29/2008 12:23:00 AM

I have bought the palest colour in Vitalumiere - I have pale yellow-based skin and find shade matching in paler shades terribly difficult. I had been using a YSL colour, but found it slightly ochre and a little on the dry side heading into winter. I find that as long as my skin is well-exfoliated, I just put a primer on underneath, then use a brush to apply. I really like the pump applicator as it dispenses pretty much the right amount on one pump. I find what works for me because this does have a dewy texture is to change the order I do my makeup in. I do my eye makeup first (except mascara), then put on primer, concealer, vitalumiere, then finish off with my mascara. I find doing it in this order means that I don't get shadow dropping onto my cheeks and grabbing into the foundation. Everything looks nice a fresh this way.

on 4/27/2008 1:20:00 PM

i dont know why i just cant use any liquid stuffs on my face...everytime i apply them on my face, then you can c the flaky bit of my forehead, everytime single time...

on 4/20/2008 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Sorry, Chanel...It's probably not you, but me. I have dry, almost flawless skin, and I like sheer foundations to even out my skintone a bit. For reference, I was NC30 (though a bit more neutral), and in Teint Innocence, I'm 40 Beige. After several samples and serious thinking, on a particularly bad-dry-skin-day, I ended up purchasing the Vitalumiere Liquid in #40 as well. However, I find that the color is more yellow/brownish than the corresponding color in TI, and I also find that it changes a bit during the day. Also, I can't stand the nutty smell of this (although the stupid SAs keep telling me that it's not perfumed. Well, maybe they just lose their sense of smell after a couple of months in those working environments? Or are they lying? Anyway, I don't particularly like that condescending attitude. 'nough complaining). I also do not like the feeling on the skin. My skin might like it, because it does moisturize rather nicely, but that's a high price to pay for having that hideous, sticky feeling on your face the whole day.

*editMarch10* I'm now lighter than ever (my selftanned days are over); NC20, almost NC15, and since my skin is going through a dry phase, I thought I'd have a look at Vitalumiere again. Guess what? None of the shades were anywhere near a match. #20 Clair was too yellow, and actually a bit dirtylooking, #30 Cendre, which I suspected might suit me, was even worse, and was too dark and muddy looking.

on 4/9/2008 4:46:00 PM

I was given a sample of this at my local Chanel counter. I'm glad I didn't pay for this stuff, because it was crap. First off, it always felt greasy on my normal/combination skin. No matter how much powder I put on, it always had a greasy, shiny look. The color I was matched at, 1.5, was wayyy too dark for my PPP skin. usually I always finish every sample I'm given. This I had to throw out after 3 uses because I realized it just wasn't going to work.

on 4/9/2008 4:43:00 PM

This is my HG foundation. It glides on nicely, can be layered to achieve the coverage desired. I layer it heavier on my cheek bones to cover some pigmentation, works well.
Love the packaging, very stylish... Everything you would expect from Chanel at that kind of price!