August 2, 2014 | 1001 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by shyaa

I bought this color in peach, and I found that it was too shimmery and did not show up well on my lips (my lips have a lot of natural color anyway). All that seemed to show up was the chunky glitter. The only thing I liked was how moisturizing it seemed to be, although I am not sure how well that would last throughout the day. I do not recommend this product, atleast in the color peach.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pigmented product that goes on very naturally. It is very moisturizing and has the staying power of a standard lipstick. The color selection is not exceptionally broad but contains a good range of beautiful shades.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by alienxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I honestly don't know why people rave about this product so much. The good thing about it is that it comes in many shades but it doesn't even moisturise your lips very well. Additionally, it doesn't stay on your lips for long either. There are better lippies out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by kpxgenie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like everyone else, I bought 3 of these because of all the rave reviews. It's a bit strange... the lipsticks are truly buttery and shiny, but it's not exactly moisturizing. When you look at your lips, they look shiny. But...it's not moisturized (almost like the feeling of wearing a matte lipstick...only it's not matte lol). The color faded as soon as I ate or drank something. When I was not eating/drinking, the color lasted a little over an hour while I was chatting with friends. The color choices are ok. Most of the colors are not very opaque, some are sheer, and you can't really tell which are sheer until you buy and try them. Peach parfait is a bit sheer, creamsicle has a little more opaqueness.

I will say, it is not a bad lipstick for the price (around $6) and it does beat most of the other drugstore lipsticks. I like matte lipsticks. I like shiny lipsticks. But, I don't think I'll be repurchasing because I'm not a fan of matte-feeling lipsticks that are shiny. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Mochahonats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought 2 shade of these "lip balms" Stawberry shortcake and Creme Brle. This review may be a bit premature b/c I just purchased 2 days ago, but I'm so mad at the quality I'm going ahead and writing anyways. I've been forcing myself to wear Strawberry Shortcake all day long and I'm ready to toss it in the trash!! I bought 2 thinking this product would be as good as baby lips (which I LOVE) b/c of all the rave reviews and the cult like following they have, but I should have gone with my gut and just tried one out myself 1st. The color payoff is great. It's a pretty, bright pink (I chose this one b/c my dog chewed up my pink punch Baby Lips). The downside?? It goes on cakey and thick!! Then it sinks into every nook and cranny in my lips and then feels like a sticky gloss. Why else don't I like this product you may be wondering?? NO MOISTURE!! My lips are so dry it's ridiculous!! I try to rub them together and it feels like I put on lipstick with no balm undernethe (which I would never do). I haven't even tried the Creme brle yet and idk when I will, but I'll update this post then.

Even tho the packaging is cute it doesn't make up for the price I paid for these...I will NOT buy this again... If I wanted a pink lipstick I would have bought one!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Alynflair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a little late on hopping in the band wagon, but after watching tons of youtube videos, I'm glad I purchased a few. I purchased 3 colors which were Peach Parfait, Strawberry Shortcake, and Sweet Tart. Each were about $7.99 at Walgreens.What I love the most is that they do moisturize the lips well. My lips tend to get really dry, but after using these lippies my lips felt conditioned and SUPPERRR soft. Color pay off is decent for both Strawberry Shortcake and Sweet Tart. Strawberry shortcake gives off a cooler toned nudey pink which looks great with almost any eye makeup look. :) As for Sweet Tart, this color looks more like a light fushia color on me, I assume because of my slightly pigmented lips. Peach Parfait was a shade I was hoping I'd like, but sadly color pay off wasn't pleasing at all. It just looked like I put on glitter lip balm and to be honest, there was nothing to special about it. :( I'll keep using it and who knows! I might like it down the road. Packaging is super cute, remind of chanel because of the "quilted" like pattern. The top of the packaging is clear, so you'll be able to see how the color looks like if you want to check it out at the store. Overall though, I feel this would be a great product to add to your makeup collection and I plan to try out more of the other colors they offer! I'm planning to post a more detailed review later on my blog at alynflair.blogspot.com :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by kristinamk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first Lip Butter purchase was Peach Parfait. I agree that it was a bit glittery, and it is not my go-to color. Deciding to give it another chance, I purchased Lollipop and I have been overly impressed. Certain shades are better than others (I now have seven of them), but most have a smooth, creamy texture. The staying power is not fantastic, but it's so easy to reapply as it is much more like a balm than a lipstick

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

At first I was going on the band wagon and bought Peach Parafait, Berry Smoothie, and Pink Truffle.... They look great and are very opaque. But to me they feel like thick lipglosses in lipstick form. It has a very shiny finish, not matte like most lipsticks. It's just not for me. Also I didnt think it was that moisturizing even though it appeared shiny. But I do like these more than regular typical lipglosses because the consistency is lighter and less thick and goopy/sticky!!

Pros:
Fun color range
Lipstick + Lipbalm = Lipgloss but better
Not thick and sticky or goopy like regular lip glosses
Glossy/shiny finish

Cons:
Shiny finish, like lipgloss
Not as opaque as lipstick
Wears off easily

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by KarineD

I got this lip butter in Lollipop, a rich and bright purple. It is one of the first product for the lips that is not a gloss that I purchase. I would have prefered to get this in Cherry Tart, but the tester was gone and I could not afford to buy a color I would not love.
I find this lipstick quite expensive for the quantity you get, but the color payoff is awesome! Lollipop is bright, yes, but quite wearable. Of course, you have to tone down your eye makeup when you wear it, or you will look like a clown.
The packaging is quite cute, but I am afraid to break the plastic cap when trying to open the tube.
I have to say that this product tends to settle in the crease and small lines of your lips, so you really have to exfoliate or apply a rich lip balm before using it.
When applying the lipstick, it goes on smoothly, but after only an hour I noticed that my lips were dry, but not uncomfortable though. The color never failed for me, even when the smoothness of the first application was gone.
I would not buy this product because of the price, unless it goes on a big sale, and also because there weren't so many shades that I reallly loved.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by anaisadorkie

I don't know about this product... i bought this in peach parfait and it is a shimmery peach. Moisturizing is okay but i feel like these lip butters slide all over the place.
Packaging is kind of hard to open and being that these lip butters are so oil-based, lipstck gets built up at the top edge of the tube.

I would not buy thus product again because these lip- butters feel so gross on the lips... they are too oily !!!