October 2, 2014 | 917 users online

Blush - MAC - Sheertone Blush Pink Swoon [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 5:56:00 AM More reviews by labellavita123

I absolutely adore this blush! It's a matte (well sheertone), blue pink blush. It's the color that would pop in your mind if you imagined a really fun pink blush, reminiscent of Gwen Stefani maybe. Anyway, it's really easy to apply and is just fab.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 10:17:00 AM More reviews by JessiDayle

Pink Swoon is a pure pink shade with no shimmer. It can be worn very sheer for a soft pink flush, or build it up for bubblegum pink cheeks! I love this blush so much. I'm NC30/35 and this is my absolute favorite pure pink blush!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by ritumoni

i was hoping this blush would be soemthing that would make me look like a doll...specifically ..just a bright baby pink with no shimmer/sheen....basically bright pink cheeks...it turns out to show up on my skin only when i put on a lottttt of it ...with the addition of somesort of a cream base... it deosnt flatter my cheeks :/
    im nw35 -nc40 ..

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Pinktop33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought this blush would give a clear healthy glow to my skin. I also thought it would differ from the usual dusty pinks of which there are entirely too many these days.

Well, forget "clear." Rather, it had the dusty rose look that I've come to loathe. On me that translates to dirty, unhealthy, pallid or like I've I've mixed some nice pink blush with a few smudges of ashes.
    The Pink Swoon looks appealing enough in the little circle pot, however, it does not live up to its pretty pink picture. A big pink disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by emwo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmmm. After reading tons of reviews for Pink Swoon, I have to say that I'm very confused. Over and over I keep reading how "natural" this blush looks, and how much people love it for not looking to made up. Huh? On my NW25 skin this blush looks really red. I love the babydoll pink cheek look and keep trying this blush over and over because i want to like it so badly, but it just doesn't work for me. Even in the smallest amount I look completly ridiculous with this blush on. This one is stuck in the back of my makeup drawer while I stick to blushes like NARS Orgasm and BeneFit Dandelion that actually work on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by lipglosseater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*Click on "Continued>>" to view pics / full review*

At a Glance:
    Price: RM70 / US$18 / Rs 1080
    Website: Maccosmetics.com
    Weight: 6 g 0.21 US oz
    Made in: Italy
    Ingredients: Talc, Polymethycrylate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Octyldodecyl Lactate, Silica, Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Zinc Stearate, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin [+ / - Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI42090), Carmine (CI75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI77510), Manganese Violet (CI77742), Red 6 (CI15850), Red 6 Lake (CI15850), Red 7 (CI15850), Red 7 Lake (CI15850), Red 30 (CI73360), Red 30 Lake (CI73360), Ultramarines (CI77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI15985)]

Product Description:

Exclusive to the M∙A∙C Manish collection. A Powder Blush in an orange compact featuring the colourful patterning specially created by designer, Manish Arora, for this brilliant namesake collection. Limited edition.

Actual Product Pic:

Pigmentation & Color (Plus Swatches! :D):

This color is described as Clearly Pink on the website, which is just what it is! This is a sheertone, so it goes on sheerly, but it's definitely buildable! It gives me a very natural flush minus all the shimmers, which is really lovely for a natural look!

Swatch from the Mac Website:

Actual Color:

Packaging:

This blush comes in the regular MAC flip-top pot, but with the lovely heart motive exclusive to the Manish Aurora collection!

I love the box too! This has got to be the most elaborate collection ever in my two year addiction of MAC! :D

Check out the lovely dotted swirls in the box! :D

Texture:
    As with MAC blushes, the texture for this one is really smooth!! :D

Time Test:
    This blush (being a sheertone), lasts about 6 hours on my cheeks before it starts to fade, which is ok.

Price & Availability:
    This product is priced at RM70 / US$18, which is the same as the regular blushes. This shade is part of the permenant line, so no worries if you missed out on this collection! This special packaging is LE though! This blush is available at all MAC counters / Pro Stores / Maccosmetics.com

Usage:
    I use this blush whenever i don't want to look to made up! It's really natural!! :)

My $0.02:
    I never thought i could ever wear a pink blush! I always stuck to peachy blushes like my life depended on them, lol! I fell in love with this immediately when i first used it!! It looks really pretty on and oh so natural!! This, along with the Blooming blush from the Cult of Cherry collection has to be the best blushes of this year!! :D

In a Nutshell:

A lovely pink blush that looks really natural on!

Likes: Lovely packaging and color!
    Gripes: None!
    Repurchase: Yes!

Rating:
    4.5 Stars ! Near HG Stuff!!

Credits: Product photo from Specktra.net. Swatch from Maccosmetics.com continued >>

16 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 3:36:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been searching for a nice bright pink blush for my NC45ish skintone and so far it's been an epic FAIL. Maybe my skintone is just not supposed to wear these shades at all. So I tried this on at my counter and I had to pack it on to make it show up. It looked "cute" but not as polished as I hoped it would look. So then I finally got my hands on it via a swap and tried it on several times and it just aint working. I find myself having to pack on the color in order for it to show up and then what happens is it looks chalky, ashy and caked on. I have, however, used this on lighter skintones and it looks gorgeous! I am going to pass this on to my lil sis who's around an NC20. I bet she can rock this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Mojie

I've been telling myself that I don't need more blush and I definitely don't need more that's similar to a shade I already own, but I couldn't resist Pink Swoon.

In the pot, it's a strong bubblegum/dolly pink. On my NW20 skin, it goes on very natural and gives me the pink flushed cheeks that make me look like I just came in from the cold (without the red nose). Applied with a heavier hand, it's sort of porcelain doll meets French courtesan (in the best possible way).

Like all the sheertone blushes I've tried, Pink Swoon layers beautifully and blends in well rather than giving that "I'm wearing blush" look. It also layers beautifully with my Guerlain Bubble Blush in Rose Chamallow (a lighter bubblegum pink) and increases the depth and life of both if I wear them together.

PROS: (1) natural, healthy looking flush without looking made up; (2) easily buildable; (3) versatile.

CONS: (1) very pink, so it may not be suitable for someone with darker skin; (2) easy to over-do it if you're not careful.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 11:02:00 AM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to try out this blush but waited for the nice packaging in the Manish Arora collection. I am in love! It's so sheer, but very buildable. I am quite pale (NW10) and I appreciate a brush I don't have to use a skunk brush with just to avoid looking clownish. Pink Swoon creates a lovely, health-looking flush that adds just the right amount of color. It perks up my face to avoid that dead look that comes along with being so pale. I also like that it is matte, because sometimes blushes that are too shimmery are not friendly to my pores. I don't have that issue with Pink Swoon at all. Would definitely repurchase, glad it's not LE.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by veirs

Surprisingly amazing on pale girls. Lightly done, it looks like Emmy Rossum in "Phantom of the Opera." A heavier hand will make it look like Kirsten Dunst in "Marie-Antoinette." It's the blush that people will notice in a good way. Not a "Wow, you're wearing blush" way, but a "You've got such pretty coloring" way.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No