October 31, 2014 | 1115 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I paid $7.99 for this, and as an added incentive, the nice people at Revlon had included a full sized Revlon gloss in the package with it, which I admit helped influence my purchase. But I would pay $7.99 again for this, which is by far the nicest drugstore mascara I've tried since my Nyx Doll Eyes phase. :-D 2 coats and I have full, thick, long, non-clumpy lashes, very black and dramatic. My only beef is that once or twice I've had some smudgy issues...but since its not every day I'm not too upset over it. I like the formula very very much, and the brush is a great size...big...but not overly so. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by veronikaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I never wore mascara because my mom used to say that my lashes would become shorter and brittle, but she bought me Growluscious because it has strengthening ingredients and it says that your lashes grow longer. I personally like this mascara because it makes my lashes super long, yet they look natural, plus I dont get clumps from this mascara. The only thing that I don't like is that it doesn't make my lashes volumized, and I sort of need that because my lashes are already long, but I will keep buying this product because it doesn't leave clumps and looks natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this mascara for about a month, and I feel like I've got a good enough feel for this product to give a review. The things I love:

- the brush. Even though my eyes are small, I like big brushes (HG is CG Lash Blast). This is bigger than I'm used to, but I find it quite easy to use.
- the formula. Perfect from the start! I hate mascaras that are wet and need time to dry out before they're any good. I shouldn't have to give something time to get usable!
- conditions my lashes. I've noticed I'm losing less lashes (like 1-2/week instead of 1-2/night) when I remove my makeup. Because of this, I think my lashes are looking longer/fuller. In this case, I think it really does compliment the natural growth cycle of my lashes.
- no smudges/flakes.

In my book, this is basically perfect! It doesn't beat out my former favorites (CG Lash Blast and Super Thick Lash, in that order), but it has become my next fave drugstore mascara. I would repurchase in a heartbeat.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by sdeyerling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have commitment problems with mascara. I always want to try something new. That being said, I have tried a few and I really like Grow Luscious. When I first opened it I was annoyed by the size of the brush. It is huge! Its very similar to Benefit Badgal Lash, maybe the same one even. The formula is great and did not dry out uber quick or anything. I think its a good mascara, I like L'Oreal Voluminous better, this has a more natural look and is harder to maneuver for small bottom lashes. I also did not get mine on sale and it was like $9 which is a little steep for drugstore but I didn't mind. I definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

This mascara has really grown on me. (Haha! Get it... "grown" on me... "Grow Luscious") I am much more impressed with this mascara now than I was when I first purchased it a long time ago... There's something about the big brush that I initially didn't like, but now I love it. It covers every last very well, and even with a few sweeps, the lashes are still soft and fluttery... they don't look crusty, hard and brittle. Phew! Long, separated lashes all day long! The best part about this product is that Revlon DOES NOT test on animals. I will re-purchase this again and again. : )

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by GeekyMcGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mom gave me this mascara because she didn't like it, but I love it! I haven't been using it long enough to comment on the growth aspect, but I really like the way it makes my lashes look. I like to go for big, thick looking lashes and this one delivers. I will be repurchasing when this tube runs out!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by 2ati3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am quite impressed with this product!
Firstly, to get it out of the way, I haven't noticed any growth in my lashes after using this product. That being said, I have only been using it for a few weeks and I'm pretty sure it takes longer than that to show some results.
I got this on sale for $7.99 and it came with a free revlon colourstay eyeliner. I recommend looking for it on sale, as it seems to be on sale quite often. I have also seen quite a few packages which are 2 for 1.
As a mascara, I really like this. It curls my lashes without me using a curler (and my lashes are stick straight). It thickens them and lengthens them. They show quite nicely after applying this. My only gripe is that it doesn't separate. It can clump if you're in a rush, but if you take a second to use the brush to separate, or use a lash comb, it's fine.
As well, it doesn't flake!!! Of course if you rub your eyes it will, but if youre careful you wont find any black flakes at the end of the day.
It's a good mascara and I am definitely going to see if I kind find it in waterproof for the summer. Overall a very good product. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by xxchinadoll

i find this mascara does condition my lashes very well. as for growth, i did not see much difference. the mascara thickens quite a bit but doesn't so much for lengthening. the wand itself is very big which some of you may like. the one downside i found was that it clumped up fairly quickly. i have gone through 3 tubes and i will most likely re-purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by princessa00

I'm also surprised by the bad reviews.. this is one of my favorite mascaras. The only other drugstores mascaras ill use are almay's triple nourishing one and the fat yellow maybelline one.. both of which flake horribly. This has a really nice formula that doesn't clump if you know how to apply mascara correctly. It lengthened my lashes more than it gave them volume actually, but it's not like lash stilleto or anything.. they were visibly plumper. This only flakes when I lay around the house in it, otherwise I have no problems with it. I like the huge brush and the fact like it doesn't pop out of the tube with clumps of product gobbed to it. Nice mascara, worth the money. If it does anything to strengthen my lashes, that's a bonus, but I'll use it regardless.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by amy11692

When I began using this product, I loved it. It made my eyelashes look and feel nice. It was cheaper. Pretty packaging. Healthier form of mascara for your lashes. All that. But when I continue using it, it would run under my eyes like crazy. Granted, my eyes water a lot. Also, it would flake some.