September 2, 2014 | 927 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by sdeyerling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have commitment problems with mascara. I always want to try something new. That being said, I have tried a few and I really like Grow Luscious. When I first opened it I was annoyed by the size of the brush. It is huge! Its very similar to Benefit Badgal Lash, maybe the same one even. The formula is great and did not dry out uber quick or anything. I think its a good mascara, I like L'Oreal Voluminous better, this has a more natural look and is harder to maneuver for small bottom lashes. I also did not get mine on sale and it was like $9 which is a little steep for drugstore but I didn't mind. I definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

This mascara has really grown on me. (Haha! Get it... "grown" on me... "Grow Luscious") I am much more impressed with this mascara now than I was when I first purchased it a long time ago... There's something about the big brush that I initially didn't like, but now I love it. It covers every last very well, and even with a few sweeps, the lashes are still soft and fluttery... they don't look crusty, hard and brittle. Phew! Long, separated lashes all day long! The best part about this product is that Revlon DOES NOT test on animals. I will re-purchase this again and again. : )

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by GeekyMcGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mom gave me this mascara because she didn't like it, but I love it! I haven't been using it long enough to comment on the growth aspect, but I really like the way it makes my lashes look. I like to go for big, thick looking lashes and this one delivers. I will be repurchasing when this tube runs out!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by 2ati3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am quite impressed with this product!
Firstly, to get it out of the way, I haven't noticed any growth in my lashes after using this product. That being said, I have only been using it for a few weeks and I'm pretty sure it takes longer than that to show some results.
I got this on sale for $7.99 and it came with a free revlon colourstay eyeliner. I recommend looking for it on sale, as it seems to be on sale quite often. I have also seen quite a few packages which are 2 for 1.
As a mascara, I really like this. It curls my lashes without me using a curler (and my lashes are stick straight). It thickens them and lengthens them. They show quite nicely after applying this. My only gripe is that it doesn't separate. It can clump if you're in a rush, but if you take a second to use the brush to separate, or use a lash comb, it's fine.
As well, it doesn't flake!!! Of course if you rub your eyes it will, but if youre careful you wont find any black flakes at the end of the day.
It's a good mascara and I am definitely going to see if I kind find it in waterproof for the summer. Overall a very good product. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by xxchinadoll

i find this mascara does condition my lashes very well. as for growth, i did not see much difference. the mascara thickens quite a bit but doesn't so much for lengthening. the wand itself is very big which some of you may like. the one downside i found was that it clumped up fairly quickly. i have gone through 3 tubes and i will most likely re-purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by princessa00

I'm also surprised by the bad reviews.. this is one of my favorite mascaras. The only other drugstores mascaras ill use are almay's triple nourishing one and the fat yellow maybelline one.. both of which flake horribly. This has a really nice formula that doesn't clump if you know how to apply mascara correctly. It lengthened my lashes more than it gave them volume actually, but it's not like lash stilleto or anything.. they were visibly plumper. This only flakes when I lay around the house in it, otherwise I have no problems with it. I like the huge brush and the fact like it doesn't pop out of the tube with clumps of product gobbed to it. Nice mascara, worth the money. If it does anything to strengthen my lashes, that's a bonus, but I'll use it regardless.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by amy11692

When I began using this product, I loved it. It made my eyelashes look and feel nice. It was cheaper. Pretty packaging. Healthier form of mascara for your lashes. All that. But when I continue using it, it would run under my eyes like crazy. Granted, my eyes water a lot. Also, it would flake some.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by MariaLeesa3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I began purchasing this product when it first came out and I am still using it! I have tried just about every drug store mascara out there and this one is by far my favorite. Using this product alone my lashes did not grow, but when used with L'Oreal Lash Boosting Serum the two complement each other very well (check out review on the serum for more info). Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara is easy to remove and looks great. I do not think it is clumpy, and stays on as long as I need it to. If you are in search of a great mascara, I recommend giving this a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

If you're wondering about lash growth, ask yourself how long you actually used the product every day in a row... It takes lash growth products 4-6 weeks to even start to show some results. Our lashes do not grow that fast and no product is safe enough to be like lash Rogaine. The lash growth products like Latisse are very mild and take a few months to get results. If they were any stronger then they wouldn't be approved by the FDA or considered safe. This is supposed to make your lashes stronger, which means you get less breakage and it conditions. It does not promise to make them grow faster or grow thicker/longer. We are naturally born with the lashes we will grow for the rest of our lives and they have their own life cycle. It seems like every day I'm tugging at a lash that is ready to come out. That is with or without even using mascara. The upper lid typically has about 90 to 150 lashes on it, while the bottom has between 70 and 80 lashes. Most eyelashes grow to be about 10 mm long (just over 3/8 inch). Only 40% of your lashes are growing between 30-45 days, so keep that in mind. I'm going to update once I've used a tube. If you think the tube is too big, then don't go near Diorshow. I did notice on the ingredients list that olive oil is included, which is probably the lash conditioner that prevents breakage or stiff lashes. It might also aid in lash growth by preventing that breakage, but Revlon doesn't actually claim it grows lashes.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by KrissCross14

I am satisfied overall with this product. My eyelashes do appear longer, not what they show in the ads of course. However, it is a little clumpy and runs under your eyes.