July 23, 2014 | 1936 users online

Concealers - Garnier - Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff isn't half bad. It does lighten my eye area somewhat. I do have super dark under eye circles, so I can't expect miracles (sigh). Most of the time I use it before I put concealer on. It works well for my upper eyelid. I just wish it came in a darker shade. This one is a little too light. If it did, I would have given it 4 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about a year and its a really good product. It does cover my circles but i have noticed that it becomes quite see through so then circles are not covered. You have to smudge it in very lightly but the good thing is once dry its good you dont need to set it with loose powder so i was happy about that you can use it on the go.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2011 8:25:00 AM More reviews by sorcha7420

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a fan of this too. I can usually find it on special offer, so I generally pay half price for it. :) I like the applicator and the consistency. My dark circles are only moderate and this gives a nice, even, natural coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2011 More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. It's very quick and easy to apply and does the job well. I don't have very dark circles, I use this more to lighten up the area under my eyes. I don't like to use concealer as I find it sinks into fine lines. This doesn't do that as long as you don't apply too much and make sure that it's blended in well. I would repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by kayben

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This concealer is as easy to use a pen and just as easy to blend. I like how it meets a crucial intersection of ease of use and effectiveness of result. Somehow this manages to take the edge off circles and shadows without caking or settling.

On days when I have less than five minutes to spend on my face, this concealer takes twenty seconds to apply and blend and looks very good for the time spent on it.

The rearview mirror test for me is key. In the morning, with full sun on my face, when I look in the mirror, I don't see a Sahara of cracked, spackled skin or blue and purple semicircles of thinning flesh, but a reasonable facsimile of rested eyes. This is well worth the twelve bucks I paid for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by wicked4255

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I put off on buying it despite the great reviews because I found it to be pretty expensive. Im glad I finally forked out the cash. Really has a brightening effect under the eyes. The roller ball feels cool and gentle on the skin and helps to refresh you whenever you put it on. I do find it can look a bit cakey sometimes but that could be from the powder I put on top. Overall, a great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by theamunch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

ABSOLUTE musthave. I guess I have normal dark undereye circles, but for some reason they have always bothered me. I have really tried a LOT of different products, but I am in love with this one from Garnier. The cold metal feels so cooling against your sensitive eye-area, and the formula is very fluid in a perfect way - I find that most under-eye concealers tend to be very thick and bad for such sensitive skin. I use this every single day, and cannot live without it. It's a GREAT substitute for the YSL Touché Éclat - and much cheaper.
I would recommend to bring it along in your bag, if you're really dependent on under-eye concealers, as it can wear a bit off during the day, but to me it's not a problem. Go buy!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by basmah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I was looking for something to conceal my dark circles as quickly as possible. I normally use the Bobbi Brown Creamy Corrector which I love, but on most day I can't be bothered to apply make up, yet I do want to apply something to my dark circles, so I look a bit more awake. This eye roller is excellent for that. It does not cover my dark circles completey, yet it brightens up the undereye area and it also covers the dark circles slightly. It is very light and easy to apply. I have it in the light version, and it is slightly too dark for my skin (MAC F&B N1, NARS Siberia), but because it's so light and because it blends in very well, I can still wear it without it looking obvious.
The major problem I have with this product is that it contains a fairly large amount of alcohol. I try to avoid alcohol in my skincare products because it's bad for your skin and because my skin is very sensitive. I haven't had any adverse reactions to this product, yet I would prefer it if there was no alcohol in this product.

Edit 13/05/2013: I still use and love this. However, I really want to replace this with a similar product without the alcohol. If anyone has a recommendation, please let me know :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by pinktini

Well, i must admit thaat if I had gotten the product without tint I doubt I would have saw much result. I can't say much for the actual 'potion', don't think it really depuffs or removes dark circles...considering putting it in the fridge nd seeing how thaat works.
However, the tint is perfect for my skintone, doesn't look thick and makeupy like my MAC concealer, and my man always comments on how somthing looks different and how I look pretty. Sometimes he says I look chinita which is how I know he's reffering to the effects of the roller.
Anyways, I like it.. would buy again...anyone tried putting it in the fridge?

UPDATE:
after using this product for a while i have noticed it considerably clogs the pores under my eyes. yuck!
Still using as this is quick, easy, and fits in my purse but at the end of the day, i wish it didn't do that!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this product. After reading a lot of positive reviews before I bought it, I was a little disappointed to find that it didn't cover my reddish-purplish circles super well. It (in Sheer Tint) is a little yellow for my skin tone, as well.
HOWEVER. I've recently started applying it before my tinted moisturiser and regular concealer, and I'm truly impressed. It provides a really smooth primer-like base for the concealer, and, underneath the tinted moisturiser, covers enough of my dark circles so that I don't have to use excessive amounts of concealer.
Packaging is a little messy, and it can be awkward getting the right amount of product off the roller ball, but the ball itself feels amazingly smooth and cool. I haven't noticed any improvement in my dark circles, but then, I wasn't really expecting that I would.
EDIT: Since I wrote this review, I've found a perfect corrector which I use instead of this for under my concealer. This Garnier product is really too orange for my skin tone, and therefore accentuates the circles more than it covers them. I only use this if I'm going for an early morning walk, or as an eyelid primer (which works pretty well, actually.) Not my favourite product, to say the least.