TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

2.1

Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denatured, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Benzyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PVP, Kaolin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexylcinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Citrus Tangerina Peel Extract (Tangerine)

on 1/20/2011 12:19:00 PM

This is absolutely the worst dry shampoo I've ever used. And I've pretty much used them all on my fine, color treated, leaning towards the oily side hair. The smell is ok, packaging is adequate, but like many others before me have said, this product will make your hair oilier than before you used it. I tried it because of the price and availability. Never again. Klorane's and Rene Furterer's dry shampoos are the best, IMHO. PSSSST and Batiste work quite well, and their prices are more reasonable. The only other dry shampoo that I've used and detested was Oscar Blandi's. I couldn't even bring myself to finish the bottle, which hurt considering the price. TRESemme had a chance to gain a lot of business by creating a cheap, widely available dry shampoo and they totally blew it. I haven't really tried any of their other products and after this fiasco, I doubt I will.

on 1/19/2011 2:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Did absolutely nothing for my hair. Smelled nice, but it didn't soak up any oil in my hair, and the chalky residue was hard to comb out of my dark hair. Rubbish. Definitely won't buy again.

on 1/19/2011 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Made my hair feel disgusting! Awful product!

on 1/19/2011 2:13:00 PM

SO surprised at all the hate. All the poor reviews either donít know how to use the product or else donít know what a dry shampoo is supposed to do.

Dry shampoo doesnít literally shampoo your hair! It just refreshes it by absorbing oils so that hair can last a little longer before it needs to be shampooed. So if you curl/flat iron/blow dry/color your hair, and want to save time and preserve the health of your hair by not doing so every day, dry shampoo helps your Ďdo last another day. Or two more days, or more, depending on your preference and oil output.

And as for how to use it, you canít douse your hair in the stuff. You gotta follow the directions! Shake the can before and between sprays. Use quick, short bursts of spray and only use what you need to get each section of your roots. Yeah, your hair turns white. Wait 1-2 mins, per the directions, then brush it out, and voila! No more white hair! People who say that it makes your hair sticky and disgusting are putting waaay too much in.

I have black, Asian, wavy/curly hair. (Asian curly hair? Crazytalk, I know!) I flat iron it frequently and use dry shampoo to help my hair last for 2-3 days between shampoos. Iíve used Oscar Blandi, Ojon, and baby powder, and was thrilled to see an affordable dry shampoo released. This works fine on my dark hair (again, if ladies are complaining that their dark hair isnít working with this, they are using it wrong. If I can get it to work on black hairÖ) It mattifies any oilies that I might develop on my scalp and gives my hair a little volume. I think the scent is pleasant, too. Not the greatest thing ever, but beats the natural smell of hair that hasnít been washed in a day. It isnít the best dry shampoo Iíve ever used in my life, but the value for the price is more than enough to convince me to repurchase. After all, weíve got enough beauty products to worry about purchasing - who wants to repeatedly blow $25 on a bottle of brand-name dry shampoo just to keep their hair looking clean?

on 1/18/2011 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Gross. Disgusting. Urgh. Worst product ever.

on 1/18/2011 3:21:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

sucks...makes your hair oilier...honestly the best dry shampoo i've ever used was Stila Creme Bouquet

on 1/16/2011 10:12:00 PM

Cons-
1. Can leave residue in hair if held to close to head
2. Needs to be shaken well
3. Nosle can be hard to use

I really like this stuff,it gives my hair volume and it smells ok.the One thing I don`t like is that it makes my hair very thick.

on 1/13/2011 2:30:00 PM

This is not really good, it makes the hair really hard to comb afterwards to remove the product, as if the hair gets kinda sticky and thick. It also makes dark hair appear gray-ish so you have to brush a lot to get it out. It can leave some white residues that look like you have dandruff. On top of that, your hair still looks greasy and your hairbrush is all full of clay it's absolutely disgusting and when you try to wash it out it's really hard to clean around the bristles!! I will never buy it again but i'd be interested in trying another dry shampoo!

on 1/13/2011 12:32:00 PM

I usually use Batiste dry shampoo but when I saw this larger bottle of dry shampoo for a cheaper price, I was excited.. Until I tried it. The formula was really wet and sticky and didn't really give me that "fresh start". I'll be sticking with Batiste

Video Reviews & Tutorials