September 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by MissTash

This is the worst dry shampoo I have ever used. I normally use Klorane which is fantastic but they were sold out in Priceline the other day so I picked up this instead as it was so cheap - BIG MISTAKE. The first time I used it, it was ok. I sprayed it on my part only, waited a couple of mins and then brush it out. It did leave my hair looking clean and the roots were oil free and lifted. The second time I used it, however, was a disaster. I did exactly the same thing as before except I applied it to a great area of hair... my part and the roots on the top half my head. This time it went on really sticky like hairspray. I waited a couple of minutes and tried to brush it out but could scarcely get the brush through my hair as my roots were so sticky from this stuff. My brush is now covered in white sticky stuff and my hair feels dirtier than before. Will not make this mistake again... am promptly going back to Klorane. DO NOT BUY THIS.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The only decent thing about this product is the price. I gave it two stars because I found a way to make it work, but it's terrible. It goes onto the hair Very wet and feels like cheap, bad hairspray. When it dries, the hair feels More greasy and sticky and unmanageable and gross. I found that if I used my blow drier right after spraying it on my hair, it's not as bad, but my hair still feels gross. I only tried that because I couldn't return this. On the second use, the spray nozzle was clogged, and I had to hold it under warm water for at least a minute before it would spray again. It even smells like hairspray. It also leaves impossible to remove flakes of product in my hairbrush (even when I didn't use the blow drier). I would not repurchase this. I think I'd rather just go out with dirty hair that put this in my hair ever again for any reason whatsoever.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by kpaul1016

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product was such a huge disappointment. I really wanted to love this so that I could skip washing my hair daily. But, looks like daily washing will forever in my future. This product is horrible and not worth the $5 I paid for it. =(

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by DASHY1022

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok so I finally finished this product up today and all I can say is good riddance! I really, really wanted to love this product so that I can go more than a day without washing my hair but it just did not do anything for me. My hair gets oily really fast (I do not use a lot of hair products either) and I feel like it did not make my hair feel fresh just more greasy! The smell really bothered me too it's like it is trying to be citrus-y but nope! I hope this would work for someone else but it did not for me and I will not repurchase this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by LeahJ1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this product l. it left my hair a lot greasier than it was before and made it sticky and gross. I have tried other products such as Batiste dry shampoo, which works much better and definitely makes my hair look clean

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by sabrinasmofsky

the WORST dry shampoo i've yet to try. After a few uses the product lost its powder consistency and turned to liquid. That liquid left my hair greasier then it originally was. NOT impressed!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by pololuvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

at first i really didnt like this, i thought it made my hair look greasier instead of helping out. i still dont think it's amazing but it makes my hair last another day without washing. i usually can only pull it off if i'm wearing a pony tail, to me it looks too dirty to wear down. the scent is amazing though. i find the best way to use it is to shake it a lot and only do a few spritz in between shakes. the more you shake the less wet it comes out. it does have a powdery finish especially against my dark hair but i just run my fingers lightly through it to disperse it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by pinchepirancha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't had much luck with TRESemme. Their shampoos and conditioners always leave my hair greasy. But when I saw the commercial for the Dry Shampoo I put all my feelings aside. Because this was the first I've heard of a dry shampoo. I don't like to wash my hair everyday so I thought this would be a great idea...and boy was I wrong. I kept giving more and more tries thinking it was me or maybe my shampoo and conditioner or my hair spray. I changed my whole hair routine and it didn't help. The product left my hair feeling....dirty. And it left what looked like dust residue in my hair. I would comb my hair out and find the residue in my comb...it's just awful. Never again. I know it seems more appealing because its cheaper than the other products because that's what sold me. The price wasn't too bad and i thought if it didn't work it was just $5-7..but it's honestly a waste of your money. You're better off using baby powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by siskamariesophie

This is the worst dry shampoo I have ever tried! It left my hair sticky and extremely heavy.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by awiegand

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It was strange?
Maybe I put in too much but it made my brown hair go white and I couldn't seem to brush it all out?
Not impressed.