August 1, 2014 | 1775 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2009 3:20:00 AM More reviews by vkd1

I had high hopes for this product. It is very expensive in Australia so I ordered it from the USA. It does give good coverage, but it doesn't last on my skin. Sadly, it leaves a residue that is quite hard to remove. Twice in the last month I have been asked if I have dry skin - I don't but it looks like I do due to the flakiness that is left by this product.

I had been a mineral foundation user for years and chose to try something more convenient to use but it looks like I will be back to liquid foundation for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by il2tx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I have extremely oily skin, and this provides a nice matte finish and really lasts through the day. Also, it doesn't cause break outs and the price is great. Golden Medium is a great shade for fair - medium skin, and doesn't turn orange even on the most oily skin types.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2009 3:59:00 AM More reviews by girlygirl19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been searching for a mineral makeup that I like and thought I'd give this one a try.

It's normally $25, but they were running a half price sale. Can't complain about $12 for a foundation - so I'd say it's fairly inexpensive. I love the compact...it's small and circular and has a sponge right underneath. It makes it easy to carry with you in your purse.

When I put this on it looked great. Gave me a nice texture with just a hint of dew (if that makes any sense). But within a few hours I was an oil slick! It would probably do great for someone with dry skin, but not me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by lhulet1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mineral foundation. I have been using it for a month now and it does look like there isn't very much in the container but with using it everyday I have hardly put a dent in it. I bought it on sale 2 for 1 so a friend and I split the price and now I wish I would have just bought 2 for myself because at full price its a little more than I would like to pay but probably will because I like it so much. You must follow the directions on how to use it though because my friend just took out the sponge that came it with it and it didn't work good that way so I told her to use her kabuki brush and swirl it and then swirl it in the lid and tap and now she is happy too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Brunneria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it. Looks so natural, easy to use. It doesn't go into lines and wrinkles and it looks great as a concealer under the eyes. I like the coverage, application, convenience, spf... marvellous... especially the price.

I tried the Light shade, which is yellow enough for my skin tone but too dark. So I moved onto the Porcelain which is not as yellow. Nor is it pink. It is more peachy. So it is pale enough (which is wonderful) and a bit too peach and not quite yellow enough. But it is still a fairly good match. Certainly good enough that I have reached for it every day for the last week in preference to my Estee Lauder Bone foundation and Linen powder - which ARE a perfect match.

BUT... I have discovered two problems with this stuff - one is that it contains bismuth oxychloride (which gives me a mild tickling-itchy sensation as if I had a cat hair on my face, so I keep casually brushing the non-existent hair away), and the second is that if I wear this foundation for more than a week I get a break out. It is usually just a single white headed spot on my upper lip or nose area, but it is painful, inconvenient, and takes several days to clear.

I can cope with the cat hair sensation, it is sporadic, and so long as it doesn't get worse, it is a small price to pay for skin that looks this good. But the breakouts... well they mean that I will be only using this foundation a maximum of 3-4 days a week, which is a pain.

Update - I am still using this stuff 6 months later. Now I add a primer under the foundation. This helps with the itching, and reduces the break outs - I still only wear it 3-4 days a week, but it is more comfortable. I also add YBF's Yellow Powder over the top, that ensures it is a perfect match to my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by hychoi

I like this product better than BE because it's so much easier to just dip your brush into the packed product rather than tapping the right amount into a lid (I'm very uncoordinated in the mornings).

The coverage is very good with a flat top kabuki (I use the one that came with the starter kit). I have pigmented acne scars and horrendously dark circles. The acne scars are mostly covered up, though it might take two takes. It's enough that I generally won't use a concealer even on my very dark red/brown scars, unless I really am concerned about creating a flawless impression. However if you really don't want any hint of your scars, you need a concealer under this product. I DO need an undereye concealer -- this product is not enough (but no foundation ever is).

I'm satisfied with this product and have repurchased on numerous occasions. For about a year I was so pleased that I thought I had found my HG, but I think I will start to look at other mineral m/u's also because I recently feel that this is giving me a powdery look and I'm not sure I like the slightly pink undertones in the color, especially in the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by reneejo77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I work at Ulta so I have the advantage of trying all the products. I LOVE this foundation and always try to get the BE lovers to at least try it. Many end up switching.
Here is the low down on the PUR. It does have moisturizing agents so people with dry or normal skin it is perfect. If you are oily I would say use this in the winter but either stay away for the summer or buy blotting tissues. This stuff gives the best coverage (in my opinion) and looks flawless, but if you have oily skin it will get shiny in the summer months.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by jlr1700

Pur Minerals is a good product, i've tried a lot of different mineral make ups and this one has worked the best so far. When i first tired it i was upset because it looked chalky and you could tell you had it on but after 10ish minutes i looked again and my skin looked amazing like i was wearing nothing!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by elena8

So I saw this on the shopping channel and I decided to try it. I usually use Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup but it tends to be a little pricey so I wanted to find something that was cheaper. So I order this and when I open the package I realize how little product is actually in the container. 70% of the container is the sponge and mirror. That was the 1st problem. Also the packaging is poorly made. Then when I go to dip my brush in..the powder starts flying everywhere just like a loose powder. Then I followed the proper directions to tapping the excess and then applying it on my face. I instantly notice how chalky/powdery it looks on my skin. It's not blending in..and you can obviously tell that I'm wearing powder. I did what I could to make it look descent and I wore it the rest of the day. My face started to get itchy...and I realized it was this makeup. I will NEVER buy this crap again. I now realize why Jane Iredale is priced so high...it is such great quality and I will stick with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 4:19:00 AM More reviews by janetisforlovers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mineral foundation. I like that it is mess free since it is a pressed mineral powder. It gives great lasting coverage, doesn't make my already oily face oilier and its easy to travel with or just keep in your purse.