Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 12/31/2010 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

So I bought this in replace of my fav discontinued foundation and I used for maybe a week, and just used it bc I had nothing better to use... But then I used the very last drop of my old foundation.. And I realized how crappy this is! It has good coverage.. At first but unlike the name it doesn't stay very super-ly :( plus the packaging sucks and also I bought the lightest color and found it too dark and orange! So yea it's a waste of money for sure

on 12/29/2010 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The packaging is exactly the same as the Revlon Colorstay so, it really is bad.
I got mine in Classic Ivory which is waaaaaay too pink/orange and it oxidizez on your skin. Maybe it's because of the color I got but DO NOT get that one unless you want to look like a pumpkin. I love the staying power, it lasts all day ! (which is usually 8-9 hrs for me) The coverage is AMAZING, honestly I have so many things to cover you have no idea and this coreved it up !
Unfortunately, I think it is breaking me out. My skin is kinda freaking out right now so I don't know if it's another product that is the cause of my pimples but I believe it's this foundation.
Anyway, I will not buy this again.
Oh and even tough it says no transfer, if you give your friend a hug, they'll get foundation on their clothes :(

UPDATE: that thing breaks me out a little bit, what was causing my bad acne was my cleanser

on 12/24/2010 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was going to get the Revlon Color Stay to see if I liked that product better than Maybelline Superstay, but maybe I should just stick with this superstay. It covers really well considering I have rosacea, it does last pretty good throughout the day with maybe just one touchup, it hasn't broken me out or anything. I got the Sand Beige and it blends well with my skin, I'm a NC20 by the way. The pump is annoying, but oh well!

on 12/22/2010 5:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is the foundation i use right now and i like it. The coverage is good and most of all, it stays on all day! I don't think i have anything bad to say about this actually. It's good!

on 12/17/2010 3:08:00 AM

I actually really like this product ! I've gone through 3 of these already. I have combination skin, not sure if my moisturizer is what helps the constancy to it but it goes on really smooth but does dry really quick. BUT Where my dry skin is, it never gets flakey during the day and where my oily skin is, never gets too shiny either. I'm not a fan of wearing too much on my face because I just like to even out my skin so I don't even have to set it with powder at all, which is great! The only thing I wish would change about this product is the packaging.. I wish there was a pump at least.. Then again I can just pour out my revlon photoready foundation and just use that bottle and pump! ;)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Is it just me? I'm NC 37 to 40 in Mac so I bought this in Fawn recently while in London. It's not sold in Singapore. The initial application is nice and the texture is unique. It's not heavy and cakey like ELDW and goes on smoothly. Gave my skin a nice satiny finish. Unfortunately it turned orange couple of hours later. Why why why?
There was some fading towards the end of the day and a bit of oiliness though I think that depends on the kind of moisturiser I use underneath.
Will continue to experiment with other moisturisers or primers, though I don't hold out much hope it will be better.
I also bought Gosh's long-lasting foundation before this and that really lasted throughout the day without changing colour.

on 12/11/2010 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I like the way this product makes my face look. I dont own alot of foundation because i dont use alot of it. But this stuff does last a long time (Idk about 24 hrs). The only thing i dont care for is that i feel like i have to work fast with this product because it dries fast? But using a stippling brush, makes the application smoother and more even.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

I like this foundation. I am someone who rarely wears foundation so I don't have much to compare it to. But this is about 10 bucks and worth every penny, my skin is super sensitive and this doesn't irritate it at all. I really like Maybelline foundations. The only thing is that if I don't apply it will a stippling brush it looks heavy so I recommend a stippler.. :)

on 12/10/2010 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my current fave. I was using Estee Lauder Double Wear but it was getting a little pricey for me. Porcelain Ivory is a perfect match for my skin. This stuff is great and I reccommend everyone with oily skin try this. It has good coverage and a really nice finish. I apply it with my mac 187 stippler and I couldn't be happier.

on 12/8/2010 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Like many others out there, I'm constantly on the search for a better foundation. So I was just browsing through some of the aisles in the beauty section at Target and noticed how much cheaper the makeup was compared to my local drugstores (even with the BOGO, it's ridiculous). So I heard some mixed reviews on this foundation and wanted to try it out for myself. I can't help but compare it to the Revlon Colorstay foundation that I've been using for the past 2 years; they're pretty similar, except for a few little differences that make me like this foundation more. I find that the shades suit my olive/tan skin tone much better than the slightly beige undertones of Colorstay. One little downside is that it fades a bit; I apply this on at 6 in the morning and am out and about until around 7 when I take my makeup off. I noticed a bit of fading as my acne scarring (which I don't cover up all the time) was peeping through a bit more than it was when I applied the foundation in the morning. But I'm all over the place for 13 hours, lol, and that's a considerable amount of time to have a foundation on. But despite that problem, I really do prefer this foundation over Revlon Colorstay. It doesn't have that strong paint smell, looks a bit more natural, I find that it is buildable, and lasts just as long as Colorstay.
(If anyone was wondering, I purchased this at Target for $8.94. Colorstay was $10.29 and I took off a lippie because of it's tendency to fade a bit more than colorstay)
If you have the chance, I recommend that you try it out for yourself. It's worth the 8 bucks!