Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

3.7

Isododecane, cera microcristallina/microcrystalline wax, cera alba/beeswax, c8-9 isoparaffin, disteardimonium hectorite, cera carnauba/carnauba wax, aqua/water, propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/va copolymer, lecithin, silica, sodium polymethacrylate, hydrogenated jojoba oil, phenoxyethonal, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate copolymer, ethylparaben, polyvinyl laurate, polyquaternium-10, souluble collagen, pathenol, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, butylparaben, oryza sativa starch/rice starch. [ /- may contain: ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491/iron oxides. ci 77007/ultramarines, ci77891/titanium dioxide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/ maganese violet, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, mica] F.I.L. d34889/1 U.S. patents: 5,462, 798; 6,099,183; 6,222,735; 6,296,411; 6,305,862; 6,309,123; 6,325,562; 6,331,086; 6,345,923

on 8/1/2010 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Finally, a waterproof mascara that's buildable AND holds curl! I have short straight Asian lashes, and if it's not waterproof it doesn't do anything for me. I used to use Maybelline Lash Stylist Waterproof (my HG <3) all the time, but it's been long discontinued so I had to find another mascara of equal caliber. I've tried Lash Blast waterproof and Lash Stiletto waterproof - both hold curls but don't lengthen or volumize. Colossal does. It's still not as great as Lash Stylist (it's more wet and voluminous), but if I apply two coats of Colossal it'll give similar results. Could be better. Still finding a replacement for my HG =(.

on 7/30/2010 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a fantastic product that makes my lashes look fabulous. For an even thicker look, it can be layered before it dries. I do not need to touch it up at the end of the day and there is no flaking. This waterproof version does come off easily with eye makeup remover. I LOVE the brush and the price is unbeatable. The only con is the yellow packaging. I think it looks tacky, but that's just my opinion. I think something with this high quality deserves a better package!

EDIT: I've taken off one lippie for the fact that when I use this product everyday, I have to replace it monthly. Mascara should last a little bit longer than that.

on 7/30/2010 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am IN LOVE with this mascara!!! I have one of those long, hard-to-curl, stick-straight, Asian lashes, and this mascara HOLDS A CURL LIKE NONE OTHER. It's like, FINALLY! A waterproof mascara that creates volume, separates, even lengthens a little bit, and actually holds a freakin' curl all day! Usually I have to re-curl my lashes after I apply mascara, but with Colossal, I don't have to because my lashes stay just as curled after 2-3 coats AND after a long 10-hour day.

This is also a breeze to remove as long as you use a good oil-based make-up remover (I have the Sephora brand one for waterproof eye makeup). I love the fact that I don't have to deal with ANY lash fallout when I'm removing this mascara for the night, and my lashes feel really soft and conditioned afterwards. The fallout thing is very important to me because I don't have that many lashes to begin with (they're long but sparse) so I'd like to hold onto what little I do have.

BOTTOM LINE: if you have naturally curly eyelashes, you might not understand why I'm raving so much about this mascara, but my straight-lashed friends: TRY THIS PRODUCT. It can't hurt to try it. If it's not for you, then it's not for you. But who knows? You might end up loving it like I do!

on 7/29/2010 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

i love love love love love this mascara. i used to use the CG Lashblast. I have very long and thick lashes that are STICK STRAIGHT. The lashblast made my lashes look too long. I like how this makes my eyelashes look and the way it holds onto my eyelashes.

Also, this was easier to remove compared to the CG Lashblast Volumizing Waterproof :)

on 7/28/2010 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I had ran out of my cover girl lash blast so i decided to give its rival a try. i was a committed lash blast fan but i had heard from my cousin that the colossal was amazing as well, so i thought why not give it a try. i got it in waterproof for my short stubby stick straight asian lashes in hopes that it would hold the curl better like other mascaras. i have to say that i fell in love with how this mascara made my lashes just look so volumized and full, and the waterproof verson definitely held the curl. i love the big brush and how it applies its definitely one of my go to mascaras :]

on 7/28/2010 1:12:00 AM

I recently bought this mascara and I fell in love with it instantly. I definitely prefer this over Lash Blast.

Why?:
- More definition (LB just rolls up my lashes together in a huge chunk of black)
- Outstanding volume
- Dramatic length (after 2 coats, LB looks really spidery and my lashes would just go in all different directions. Colossal not only tamed my lashes, but gave them unbelievable length without the mess!)
- No clumps
- Easy application (the wand is actually easier to use than the LB one)
- Holds curl for the whole day.

Cons of this product:
- It smells weird (doesn't bother me because I don't sniff my mascaras LOL)

Final result:
I definitely recommend this to girls who have stick straight, limp lashes that can't hold up thick and heavy mascara. Although the Colossal's formula is rather thick-ish, it doesn't weigh your lashes down. I'm so buying another tube.

on 7/27/2010 6:30:00 PM

I could do without the huge and annoying neon packaging, BUTTTTTT this is my favorite mascara of ALL TIME. Curls (and holds the curl) my short, straight Asian lashes, yaddah yaddah. But the best part? The fact that you can build and build with this mascara without your lashes clumping/sticking together/turning into spider lashes. The bristles on the wand are so stiff (in a good way) and there are a LOT of them, so your lashes are defined like crazy. Lengthens really well (comparable to define-a-lash, you might say) and that much volume (seriously, it looks like my eyelashes multiplied by 300), I don't think I'll be buying any other mascara! :D

I love it. Definitely replaces my Full 'n Soft/Define-a-lash as my HG mascara! :)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have short and stick straight asian lashes, but this mascara held the curl pretty well. No smudging so far, and I also like how my lashes still feel soft. It is a bit of a pain to take off since it's waterproof, but with the right makeup remover, it's so easy. The tube stands out, I like how it's bright yellow. The brush is okay, I don't have a lot problems with it, though it is a bit hard to coat my bottom lashes because it's big. Will purchase again though!

on 7/23/2010 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I bought this on sale just because I needed some mascara and I didn't care what I picked up. This is fantastic! I love this! It makes my lashes long and thick even though they're blonde. I even went out on a limb and went into the pool with this mascara on. It didn't smudge at all. The lashes did clump a bit, but they didn't smudge! :)

on 7/22/2010 9:23:00 AM

UPDATE 8/1/10: I just upped this one more lippie to 4. It really is a very nice mascara and this waterproof version held up under 90+ degree heat and more sweat & sunscreen than I knew one person could deal with. It did not smear or smudge. The only reason this does not get 5 lippies is because it is mostly VOLUME, and I like length and volume. But this is great for sexy lashes on casual days. ORIGINAL POST: Not a bad mascara...it does give a lot of volume. But I prefer big bright eyes. And this mascara gives me more of a smaller cat eye look. So if that is what you want...try this mascara...lots of volume...cat type eyes. But L'Oreal Voluminous wp mascara or Volume Exact wp mascara both give me big bright eyes...less droop or slant (like I get with the wp Colossal).