April 16, 2014 | 1560 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by bootchacka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this because i loved the regular one but this smudged under my eyes by the end of the day so i figured id try the waterproof one. It does the same thing but it burns my eyes alittle and is very hard to get off. I think im just going to go back to the regular one, but hey it does what it says and its really water proof.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ehh this is an ok mascara not anything great in my mind though.It gives a good amount of volume and a little bit of length and I really love the big brush it gets every little lash and helps prevent clumps.One thing I noticed is its smell its a really strong scent I cant really describe it but its horrible.I dont use this mascara all the time but I think its ok mascara for its price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by anguyent

WOW! I am pretty impressed with this mascara. I've been using max factor for a long time but was very sad that they pulled out of the US market. I bought this one specifically for a Hawaii vacation and was skeptical with the fat bristles and the older type of bristles (I had been using the newer rubbery bristles). I have those fairly strait asian lashes but they are pretty long and full. I have never had any mascara hold a curl like this mascara. Usually I would have to recurl after applying mascara but not this one. Also, did not clump and I actually like the bigger bristles because it seems to help wrap each lash with the product. This is very waterproff and I even have a tough time taking this off with vaseline. I am hoping the regular version of this is as good because it will definetely be my new go to mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by dancerchickadee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wish this came with a "heck yes, i'll buy this again button". I really, really love this mascara! I swim competitvely almost everyday, and this barely moves. It comes off easily with olive oil, or my makeup remover. I may not buy this in the near future because i loooooove trying new mascaras. So, in all, I love the color, the packaging, and the fact that it makes my teeny-tiny lashes look amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by lheath

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After trying several volumizing mascara's, I've found this to be one of the better ones. Have never tried the non-waterproof version, but this stuff holds a great curl, stays all day (even if swimming) and doesn't flake on me. The best part is that it never feels crunchy like many waterproof mascaras do, even if applying several coats. I usually apply one coat for a more natural look, but if you let dry for a moment and apply another coat it gives really nice volume.
You must use an oil based makeup remover to get this stuff off, but if you have a good one it's quite easy. Hope this helps!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Blackrosesyellow

I love this mascara! I have used the Maybelline normal volume express before, and it was pretty good. I have also tried lashblast which some people compare this to, and this is a million times better. I have the typical asian lashes and my biggest issue is curl-holding and smudging. Because this is a volumizing mascara with a huge brush I expected clumps, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that the definition it gave was pretty clean. The brush is easy to maneuver and held my curl completely. Most waterproof mascaras only hold it for a short amount of time, and still droop it down a little it I build coats. Not this one! My lashes look really long and fluttery with this mascara. It is difficult to take off, but I am willing to go to that trouble for amazing lashes! I got many compliments on my lashes when wearing this, some people even asked if I had falsies/extensions!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by indecisivee

LOVE IT !
i still haven't tried LashBlast but this is good enough for me . it really holds my curls which i had trouble with when i used other mascaras .

LOVE THIS STUFF :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by jules007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this Mascara for building volume. I prefer waterproof mascaras for long-lasting wear and to hold a curl. I wear this and then top with with a lengthing mascara. While it can still smudge a bit, its pretty good for an inexpensive drugstore mascara. If only they would bring back Illegal Lengths mascara, That was my HG and they had to discontinue it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by htrrr0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

ohmygoodness it sucks! I liked the effect it gave with the volumizing and all of that. It really DOES give pretty decent volume. but after about..10 minutes? it started smearing like crazy. after an hour I had two racoon eyes on my face. Which was pretty embarrassing after I found out I was walking around and communicating with people with black globs under my eyes. I threw it in the trash, never buying it again. The yellow and teal packaging is cute though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2010 5:08:00 AM More reviews by de2isme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i bought the waterproof one because i don't want my mascara smudges when it rains or when i'm sweating. this is really really waterproof. and it takes forever to clean it. even tho i use my waterproof make up remover, this doesn't really help. the next morning i wake up, i still see slight smudge underneath my eyes. but i'm happy with this waterproff-ness. this also goes smoothly, it doesn't clump, doesn't give spider lashes, it dries out pretty quick, and it holds curl. however this doesn't thicken my eyelashes as i expected. i have short, thin, straight, lashes. and i've been trying some products that will thicken my lashes. this mascara doesn't give me a dramatic look..but it's ok if i want to have natural look..