September 20, 2014 | 1606 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

Doesn't clump and it does deliver volume. I hate that it's so hard to remove. Even with warm water and makeup remover. I hate the smell too. It's a nightmare removing this mascara. I'm not gonna repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by channelfloral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first got this I was excited as I'd heard great reviews and it was so cheap!
It didn't live up to expectations.
It deffinately adds a lot of length to my lashes, but it adds no volume whatsoever. Infact, they look thinner than without any mascara...

Also, I know this is waterproof but all 3 makeup removers I've tried do not work, and yet, through the day I get panda eyes from it smudging, even the times I only wear it on the top lashes!

I now use this as the first layer to lengthen, and another mascara for volume.

Also, when I'm bored and it's late I have a habit of picking off my mascara, but this sort of slides off in a gunky sticky sort of fashion. Very annoying. It smells awful too.

I won't buy this again.

LC

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll start off with the positives of this mascara first. It's extremely buildable so you can get a natural look or a really dramatic, almost like falsies look (but not quite a falsies effect) It also doesn't look clumpy or spidery, I end up with really feathery lashes that are really doll like and still volumized. That's the only good thing about it...

Within a few hours, my curl has completely drooped, which has only happened with 1 or 2 waterproof mascaras that I've tried. Keep in mind that I have the classic straight, short, and stubborn asian lashes so if your lashes have a slight curl this might be a different case. The curl was completely gone, and my lashes were back to pointing straight down.

Even worse, by the end of the day, this mascara had smeared to my lower lash line. I have very oily lids though.

Overall, this didn't deliver anything that a WP mascara is supposed to have :( I really liked the initial results with this mascara too

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Analuiza

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after reading so many good things about it in different beauty blogs. But I didn't see anything extraordinary about it, except from the yellow package, which is so different and nice. The mascara is quite thick, and in my lashes they get a little clumpy. It adds volume, but no lenght. I definetly won't be repurchasing it - there are better mascaras out there, including others made by Maybelline...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Laurac7

If a mascara says it's waterproof, i expect it to be waterproof. This mascara is a joke..admittedly i have quite oily lids/ watery eyes..but being waterproof, you'd think this would be able to cope...not like i'm wearing it swimming..just for normal everyday use.
But no..only used on top lashes and still the dreaded panda eyes appeared within hours. Horrible. The thickness of it would be great..if only they'd make it do EVERYTHING it says on the tube!
Waste of money. I've never found one of their mazzies that does what it says.
Kanebo all the way for me!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 8:15:00 AM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been struggling with mascaras that make my eyes itch and those that aren't smudgeproof/waterproof in the high heat/humidity of a southern summer.

This was one of the absolute worst mascaras I've tried on both counts. My eyes itched, starting later in the day, and didn't stop for a few days after.

As for the appearance of this mascara, it clumped my lashes together badly. I tried to improve the situation with a lash brush but only ended up separating the lashes somewhat with specks of mascara still intermittently down their length.

Furthermore, I had some smudges and flaking.

The result--my eyes were red and irritated with black specks of mascara down the length of my lashes and raccoon eyes on my lids and from the flakes under my eyes. I looked like I hadn't slept in a week and was auditioning for a horror movie. Baaaadddd stuff (for me). continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 7:54:00 AM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Furthermore, I had some smudges and flaking.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by sealbane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

From the reviews, I was expecting this to be a great waterproof mascara...IT'S HORRIBLE!! I put two coats on, and after an hour, I was a raccoon. I couldn't believe it. The brush is really nice and gives great volume, but what's the point if it doesn't stay on? Full and Soft waterproof is pretty decent. Next time I'll know not to stray from that.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by demi29

I loved this product, do you know it also makes your lashes grow if applied everyday. I only had one problem with it which was that there are a few clumps that gather up after about 3 months which isnt that great but other than that this product is a keeper!
(and its quites cheap)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by bootchacka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this because i loved the regular one but this smudged under my eyes by the end of the day so i figured id try the waterproof one. It does the same thing but it burns my eyes alittle and is very hard to get off. I think im just going to go back to the regular one, but hey it does what it says and its really water proof.