Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

3.7

Isododecane, cera microcristallina/microcrystalline wax, cera alba/beeswax, c8-9 isoparaffin, disteardimonium hectorite, cera carnauba/carnauba wax, aqua/water, propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/va copolymer, lecithin, silica, sodium polymethacrylate, hydrogenated jojoba oil, phenoxyethonal, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate copolymer, ethylparaben, polyvinyl laurate, polyquaternium-10, souluble collagen, pathenol, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, butylparaben, oryza sativa starch/rice starch. [ /- may contain: ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491/iron oxides. ci 77007/ultramarines, ci77891/titanium dioxide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/ maganese violet, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, mica] F.I.L. d34889/1 U.S. patents: 5,462, 798; 6,099,183; 6,222,735; 6,296,411; 6,305,862; 6,309,123; 6,325,562; 6,331,086; 6,345,923

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didn't have much success with this product. It didn't really get any volume from the formula. It held curl for a limited amount of time, but quickly went limp. It lengthen okay, but I get much better length out of other formulas. The waterproof is nice, but really doesn't hold up as some of the other Maybelline mascaras. I also feel it leaves a strange looking result. Not over the top enough to look like a nice dramatic effect no matter how much build, but also to spiky to come off natural. It's alright, but I think I'd by the falsies formula before I'd by this one again.

on 8/6/2010 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very short and sparse eyelashes. I bought this mascara because I was a bit too broke to fork out for my normal Lancome stuff. I curled my eyelashes and put one coat of this on and my eye lashes looked really long and my eyes looked huge.

The only downside is the brush takes some getting used to - it's very fat and initially you can get smudges underneath your eyes. I am now used to using the brush and don't smudge it as much! I guess you could wipe the brush a bit or use a smaller brush to apply.

I normally end up with mascara down my face after a long day and this stuff doesn't budge! If you put more than one coat on it is worth using an oiled based makeup remover to get it off.

One coat is great for day wear and two coats for a big eyed evening look.

I won't be going to back to Lancome after this. I'm abit along the lines of cheap isn't so good - but this product has proved me wrong!

Get used the the thick brush and it's a total winner!

on 8/6/2010 12:50:00 AM

Pros:
-holds a curl pretty well
-is very black
-both volumizes and lengthens (just a tiny bit)
-smudges very little under the eyes compared to other mascaras

Cons
-will clump after 2 coats
-not very waterproof -> will come off in the pool but is still waterproof enough to hold a curl and be a pain to remove, even with makeup remover

Despite the negative comments I have added about this mascara, I do believe that it is a good drugstore mascara that will not give you the 9x volume like it claims on the packaging, but will still give quality results.

on 8/5/2010 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Omg. This smudged like crazy on me! And it doesn't even do much for my lashes. It doesn't volumize them like the non wp version...:(

on 8/5/2010 7:15:00 AM

I was running late for work yesterday, as usual, so I didn't have time to put much makeup on. So I just put two coats of this on my eyes after I curled my lashes. When I checked my makeup in the rearview later I was so happy with eyelashes. Long, thick, and vertically lifted..my lashes tend to droop after I curl them. I'd tried the non-waterproof version before and was happy but I think this one is even better. And with a little Neutrogena eyemakeup remover, it comes off pretty easily. A good buy! I know many folks out there rave about CG Lashblast but I think this stuff is superior.

on 8/4/2010 8:58:00 PM

I like this mascara a lot! Love the formula and the wand most of all. I'm sick of rubber bristles and I love that this has a traditional brush head, as I feel it separates and defines my lashes a lot better! There is a bit of a smell but I stop noticing it once it's on. Overall, great product!

on 8/1/2010 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Finally, a waterproof mascara that's buildable AND holds curl! I have short straight Asian lashes, and if it's not waterproof it doesn't do anything for me. I used to use Maybelline Lash Stylist Waterproof (my HG <3) all the time, but it's been long discontinued so I had to find another mascara of equal caliber. I've tried Lash Blast waterproof and Lash Stiletto waterproof - both hold curls but don't lengthen or volumize. Colossal does. It's still not as great as Lash Stylist (it's more wet and voluminous), but if I apply two coats of Colossal it'll give similar results. Could be better. Still finding a replacement for my HG =(.

on 7/30/2010 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a fantastic product that makes my lashes look fabulous. For an even thicker look, it can be layered before it dries. I do not need to touch it up at the end of the day and there is no flaking. This waterproof version does come off easily with eye makeup remover. I LOVE the brush and the price is unbeatable. The only con is the yellow packaging. I think it looks tacky, but that's just my opinion. I think something with this high quality deserves a better package!

EDIT: I've taken off one lippie for the fact that when I use this product everyday, I have to replace it monthly. Mascara should last a little bit longer than that.

on 7/30/2010 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am IN LOVE with this mascara!!! I have one of those long, hard-to-curl, stick-straight, Asian lashes, and this mascara HOLDS A CURL LIKE NONE OTHER. It's like, FINALLY! A waterproof mascara that creates volume, separates, even lengthens a little bit, and actually holds a freakin' curl all day! Usually I have to re-curl my lashes after I apply mascara, but with Colossal, I don't have to because my lashes stay just as curled after 2-3 coats AND after a long 10-hour day.

This is also a breeze to remove as long as you use a good oil-based make-up remover (I have the Sephora brand one for waterproof eye makeup). I love the fact that I don't have to deal with ANY lash fallout when I'm removing this mascara for the night, and my lashes feel really soft and conditioned afterwards. The fallout thing is very important to me because I don't have that many lashes to begin with (they're long but sparse) so I'd like to hold onto what little I do have.

BOTTOM LINE: if you have naturally curly eyelashes, you might not understand why I'm raving so much about this mascara, but my straight-lashed friends: TRY THIS PRODUCT. It can't hurt to try it. If it's not for you, then it's not for you. But who knows? You might end up loving it like I do!

on 7/29/2010 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

i love love love love love this mascara. i used to use the CG Lashblast. I have very long and thick lashes that are STICK STRAIGHT. The lashblast made my lashes look too long. I like how this makes my eyelashes look and the way it holds onto my eyelashes.

Also, this was easier to remove compared to the CG Lashblast Volumizing Waterproof :)