Bare Escentuals Kabuki Brush

2.6

on 2/28/2007 10:10:00 PM

Wow. I can't believe the negative reviews! I love both the big and bab kabuki brush. I've bought a lot of brushes, but these are the ones I would keep above all others. Maybe there was a bad batch out there or something.

on 2/24/2007 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought a second one after "dealing" with my first one, because I thought for sure there was something defective. But these brushes shed like CRAZY! And they aren't the long hairs, short, stiff little ones come off. After examining my first Kabuki, I think the hairs are breaking and coming off. These little hairs are super hard to get off, too. This is it for me. I am very dissappointed with the construction of this brush. I didn't give it 1 lipstick because the producy distribution is actually very nice. But the price of the uncomfortable hairs isn't worth it.

on 2/21/2007 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This Kabuki brush is very poor quality. It is scratchy and prickly on my face. It sheds a lot and is not soft. I do not recommend this brush to anyone.

on 2/20/2007 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was very unimpressed by the quality of this brush. It was scratchy and it shed badly. There are brushes that are far superior to this.

on 2/19/2007 8:03:00 PM

This thing sheds like CRAZY! After I apply my BE foundation I have to get a piece of tape and get all the little hairs off my face-- time consuming and irritating! It does a great job for coverage, but the hairs it leaves behind and the scratchiness leaves MUCH to be desired about this brush!

on 2/8/2007 9:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I don't like this brush. It's scratchy, sheds and is overpriced. If you want a supersoft kabuki check out Everyday Minerals Premium Kabuki. It is soooo soft, not at all scratchy and costs $14.

on 1/25/2007 12:21:00 PM

Made in China + It sheds!

on 1/22/2007 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I haven't experienced any of the problems that some other reviewers unfortunately have. Mine has shed a little here and there, but not enough to stop me from using it. I love how soft the bristles are and I like the big, fluffiness of it. Great for applying a dusting of Mineral Veil all over the face.

on 1/18/2007 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i have to change my rating, i realized the horrible shedding brush is actually the flawless face applicator or something. this one, the kabuki, is actually pretty decent. It just seems like you really have to buff it into your skin well.

on 1/10/2007 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This brush sheds just like the rest of the animal hair brushes that BM offers. Out of all of the BM brushes this one allows for you to get the most coverage. However, its bristles aren't very soft. Instead, they are somewhat on the scratchy side. And, the brush does carry a sort of animal scent to it. It is made of goat hairs (like so many other BM brushes) which is probably why it smells this way.

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products