December 20, 2014 | 912 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2010 5:08:00 AM More reviews by LTcurlygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this in the "coffee" brown. I agree with that others have stated; the pigmentation is very poor. Not worth buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by ADZahra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this eyeliner! It IS waterproof and LONG LASTING!
I can wear it all day and when I come home at night its still all there without any smudges.

Wasn't sure if it was gonna be very good when I first purchased it since it was only a buck, but it worked out in the end!

*TRICK*
(This may be why it lasts a long time for me)

I line my eye first with a liner pencil, then go back over it with the liquid. I've always done this with my eyeliners and I've never had any problems with it fading or having to re-apply!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2010 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Zanne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like most of E.L.F.'s products, but this is not one of them. I have tried putting it on over several primers (Urban Decay, Ben Nye, Benefit, BareEscentuals), over mineral, liquid, and pressed shadows, and even on my bare lids. I'm not overly oily, but it is still gone in a few hours. I'm a makeup artist, so I'd have to do constant touch-ups. Not happening. I gave it to my daughter.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by RicheleBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

total waste. mine was dried out when I opened it.
maybe if shipping wasnt so much I wouldnt have really cared. I tried to get some use & flip the felt tip to the otherside, once I did that I was able to use it once & it irritated my eyes so badly. I'm sometimes allergic to eye products but this was so bad. left my eyes puffy & red for days!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by saphiric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

It should be illegal to sell such BS cosmetic items. I know ELF is suppose to be a bargain basement brand when it comes to makeup, but this is just too much. The pen had dried out completely the second time I "used" it. Ridiculous waste of a hard earned buck.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 3:31:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's kind of like how I imagine it would feel using a sharpie as eyeliner. Not a fan. Threw it away.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really watery and dried up really fast.
Irritated my contacts.
Don't waste your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by sugary_sweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'll admit that I picked this up on a whim with no real expectations. It was only $1, so what did I really have to lose if it totally sucked? Well, I was pleasantly surprised! This has basically replaced the Revlon (ColorStay) liquid eyeliner that I'd used religiously for quite a while.

Perhaps they really don't have quite the same sort of staying power, but for the cost, can you really complain? I honestly haven't noticed a difference in staying power -- they're equal to me, but one just costs more than the other.

As far as complaints of a premature dry-out of product goes, I've had no issues (even after having used the E.L.F pen almost daily for a couple of months now). This is an obvious win of HG proportions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this marker/eyepen. I used this over my black eyeshadow because a pencil would have been to dull over blackish eyeshadow, but this was uber black to define the eyes really well. The find tip is great to get the thinnest to thickest line based on pressure. The best of all its waterproof. yay! I got this in a kit for $3 (with 2 other items, definitely worth my month).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed with these Eyeliner pens. They have changed how i do my liner. I am not an expert by any means esp when it comes to doing winged looks even though i keep practicing but i still cant seem to make it work w/ my eye shape. Enter Elf Waterproof eyeliner pens, they have made lining my eyes a breeze, so onto my thoughts...
~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Elf Waterproof Eyeliner pens can be found online at eyeslipsface website & a few other online stores. As well as some Target, Kmart & Sears Grand stores. The availability will differ depending on your location. The price is dirt cheap and super affordable, these will cost you $1!! yes one dollar! it allows me to buy one & a back up and not feel guilty using them up. I dunno if im alone but the more something costs, the less i want to use it bc i know ill need more. Haha im weird. But the price is great. They have 8 different shades and all of them are great. All shades are available online and various shades are available in stores. I sure hope Elf gets picked up by more stores.
~~~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~~
The Elf Waterproof Eyeliner pens are like small precise sharpie markers for your eyes. They have 8 shades available. The shades are:
Coffee: a dark rich chocolate brown
Black: a true black
Midnight: a dark navy blue
Ash: a darkened gray charcoal
Plum: a darkened plum purple
Hunter Green: a true hunter green
Purple: a cool brightened purple
Teal: a blue green dark teal
All of these colors are so pretty and def must haves for any look. I reach for one of these everyday. These liners are easy to use. Makes it easy to line the top lash line and get the wing look without hassle. It allows small precise lines or can be built up for more thick dramatic lines. These shades can be used for daytime or night looks. The performance is great. I am not sure if id call them waterproof since they will fade after some water hits them as with any makeup products but they do wear well. I do wear an eye primer. These wear for over 8 hours with no fading or flaking. If you have more oily lids, id suggests using an eye primer & setting these with a powder shadow to help the oils from breaking these down. The formula is like an ink which is great. No flaking or dry lines. Once applied, they will stay put. You do not have to wait for these to dry in fear if you blink it might transfer. Just like a marker, they go on & stay on. If you do make a mistake, quickly wipe away with a wipe or qtip.
~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The ELF Waterproof Eyeliner Pens come in a small black marker like plastic pen form. The pen is black with silver metallic writing with Elf logo & product name. The shade name is found on the bottom of the pen on a very small sticker. I do wish they would place it on the pen itself but no biggie. The top has a snap on/off lid. Easy to open & close. The tip is longer but comes to a fine point. Allowing to be held upright for precise lines or laid flat for thicker lines. The ink is held in the pen itself and will keep flowing into the tip. ***TIP** store these downright with lid facing down (can see shade name sticker towards you. this will allow the ink to continuously stay into the felt tip. The felt tip is somewhat flexible. The only problem i have is that with more use, the tip can at some times fray & may need to be trimmed w/ scissors so that it doesnt mess up lines. Its not a big problem for me. Some seem to hold up better than others. With daily use, these seem to last around a month then ill have to toss them & not a big deal to replace for $1. Also, i want pigmented lines & trying to hang on to a drying pen doesnt work. So you be able to notice if they are drying.
Overall, i think these are great. They are a must have in my opinion & have not gone a day w/out them. These wear well, great shades to pick from, and are super affordable. I have bought a few that were already dried up & unable to use which Elf may replace for you if you contact them. I wish they were more consistent in storing these esp since theyre sleeve they come in makes stores store them upright which draws the ink away from the tip.. So if you have had a bad one, maybe give it one more shot. These compare to those that cost 10x as much and i love them. HOpe elf never quits making them!! Cruelty free makeup at an affordable costs!!!