April 18, 2014 | 1845 users online

Fragrances - Juicy Couture - Viva La Juicy

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by jax252000

I LOOOVE this scent so much, however I feel as if I got ripped off a bit. I just bought a big bottle yesterday, and although it smells great, the scent lasts about 5 miutes on me. I even sprayed it all over me like a body spray, and 5 min later, nothing, not even a tiny hint of it. I even tried lairing it, but to no avail. I guess I should have tried the trial size first. My husband, who HATES perfume, and is so sensitive to any scent at all did not even notice I had practically bathed in it. Don't know if I would by again. Only if I could get it to last longer I would.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this scent but there has been something just slightly Ďoffí about it for me which I think I have finally put my finger on: the mandarin in the opening - something in the opening reminds me of those tiny wet napkins that come in the sachet that you have to tear open. It's a citrus, disinfectant type of smell. For a while I thought I could detect a carrot-like note but I finally realised thatís itís the mandarin - it clashes with the sweeter, gourmand notes such as the caramel, vanilla and pralines at the base. Luckily, I can only detect the mandarin fleetingly in the beginning before it soon disappears and Viva La Juicy settles into a warm, comfortable place. Maybe not the most well-blended scent. I guess not all of the notes complement/work with each other. The top notes are wild berries and juicy mandarin, middle notes are honeysuckle, gardenia and jasmine and at the base there is amber, caramel, vanilla, sandalwood and pralines. I can't say that I detect the honeysuckle or jasmine at all; the caramel, vanilla, pralines and berries are the most apparent for me.. as for the top notes, I do get the berries and mandarin but I feel like I can sense a very strong grape note. Sometimes I catch this on myself and think I smell pineapple, too. Itís fruity but also very candy-like (like fruit-flavored) lollipops or something. While the initial impression is sugary, fruity and Ďbrightí - almost piercing - it does soften into a creamier scent (which I guess must be the pralines coming through) with time. So definitely not linear, it develops into something quite different from the first impression. The general feeling is sweet, like vanilla ice-cream dessert topped with chocolate sauce, caramel, raspberries and pineapples. It's quite yummy. I can imagine some dismissing this as 'young' or 'teen' probably due to Juicy Couture's image as a whole (not to mention the princessy bottle adorned with a giant pink bow) and the fact that it's quite a "generic" scent. I personally would describe Viva as wearable, accessible and inoffensive rather than boring or dull. I think it's a good think that I really canít imagine anyone *hating* it like you get with fragrances such as Poison, Fracas and Giorgio Beverly Hills, for example. Itís easy to wear and probably most suitable for casual-wear like the gym, shopping or when you just want to feel pretty. It wouldnít suit a formal event, job interview or a club environment (itís not detectable enough). Like others have said its kinda weak, I have to use about 10 sprays to make it noticeable and top up. Also the lasting power - not great especially considering the high price. Also, weirdly, sometimes I seem to become anosmic when wearing it. Perhaps because I'm used to heavy-hitters... bold, strong scents (Angel, JPG, FBomb). I like it but nothing special or earth-shattering to the perfume world. I doubt Chandler Burr's reviewed it, let's just say that.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by brittanyleah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This perfume is seriously my favorite! I first got the roll on one and I loved it so much that I had to go get the big bottle. Most people don't like the big pink bow and dangle charms, but I really like it. It makes it look super cute and girly :) I will repurchase this perfume over and over again. Juicy couture as not failed me yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ItsInHisKiss

This was my signature scent over the summer, and I never grew tired of it.

I am a huge fan of honeysuckle, gardenia, and jasmine and thankfully these notes were the most noticeable ones with my chemistry.

I do think that the bottle is a little over-the-top with the hot pink ribbon, and honestly the trendiness factor almost stopped me from buying this perfume, but it was the honeysuckle that brought me back for more and I couldn't resist it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by MsEmilyPark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the packaging is cute, and it smells pretty good. I admit, I bought it because of all the hype. I usually don't like any spicy scents...and this perfume has some spicy undertones to it, I think....but overall, it's a deeper, feminine scent. I would repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this, one of my most favorite perfumes. I get compliments all the time! My BF loves it and always ask's me to wear it. I was at the supermarket and both the Cashier and Stocker asked me what I was wearing because it smelled so good. It had been on since the morning and havent respray since, so I was happy. The bottle is so cute also, I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If anyone ever gave me this as a gift - which would be the ONLY reason why I'd have a bottle of it - I'd weep with disappointment. Cheap, loud, typically - and regrettably - pop-culture sort of juice they inflict on us these days. The bottle is as tacky and overdone as the juice. If you want to be taken seriously, don't wear this.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by alackofcolor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! It smells so delicious and sweet but not in a digusting OTT way. Lasts a long time and a little goes a long way. Everyone I hug says I smell gorgeous with this on!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by annieface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm not a super girly person to begin with, but i thought this perfume would be fun to try out. i think it would work well in the spring and especially the summer, but this is way too sweet for the cooler seasons. i've worn it twice to school and although i got compliments, i do feel like the scent is overwhelming and some people might not be telling me that i smell strange. it's definitely a distinctive scent, and i can automatically tell when other people are wearing it too.
it is REALLY strong when you first spray it on, but i really like the way it smells after i've worn it for a few hours. i actually don't find that it has bad staying power.
i feel like i can get away with it at my age, but i wouldn't recommend it to anyone much older than i am. i also don't think this is a good every day fragrance, maybe something to spruce things up once in a while!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 4:00:00 AM More reviews by loveydovey45

HAND DOWN best perfume i have ever worn. nothing has mixed with my body chemistry better than this girly bottle of perfume. i will buy it over and over again! a must have!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No