October 25, 2014 | 1542 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Jeii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this about 1 mth ago. I read many reviews on this and I falling on the oily/acne prone category have read on the reivews that I SHOULD NOT purchase MAC's MSFL foundation. The ONLY and main reason why I decided to go ahead and purchase this was because the areas around my temple and jawline are very dry during cold season. MAC studio scuplt and studio fix fluid were not helping out with the dryness. I knew that the MSFL would balance it out and give me more moisture if combined with any other MAC foundations. So basically I only use MSFL during cold weather and I mix one pump of it with the studio scuplt. I'll get the coverage that I want from studio sculpt yet the light moisture and glowy look from the MSFL.
    I don't find MSFL to be too shimmery. It has a nice glow yet in a subtle way. If worn alone it doesn't feel like you have anything on at all whiich is a great pro but it will tend to wear out easily especially those with oily skin like myself. Now that were heading torwards the summer...there is NO WAY that an oily skinned like myself will be wearing the MSFL !! lol

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by MakeUpAddict93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recently tried this and unfortunately hated it.
    The MA at the MAC counter recommended this because I have "young skin" (I'm 16) and I wouldn't need much coverage.
    Here are some good & bad points:

Good Points-
    -Gave a nice dewy finish (for the time it stayed on)
    -The formulation was light and easy to wear
    -The coverage was light but natural

Bad Points-
    -I have oily/combo skin and after about 2 hours this literally MELTED off my skin
    -This broke me out on my problem area (chin/ jawline) so that wasn't a good sign
    -The coverage was VERY light and I have really fair skin w/ freckles (which I hate) and this didn't cover them at all
    -The formulation was WAY too shimmery.. I looked like I had a disco-ball for a face..

Wouldn't repurchase :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by thesehazeleyez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation and have purchased it 3 times now. It gives my skin a soft, dewy look and adds just enough moisture for my dry, sensitive skin. I would not recommend it for those looking for more coverage as it is very sheer. It definitely makes my skin look fresher and younger with a nice glow - I don't find it glittery at all and think it looks really natural. You only need a pump or two per application and it lasts all day. Plus the locking pump makes it the perfect foundation for travel. I used to use bare minerals but I like this much more.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Kingsy

I have tried lots and lots of foundations from Drugstore brands to high end ones eg Rimmel, Maybelline, Laura Mercier Creme Foundation, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Mac Studio Fix and Studio Sculpt. Mac Mineralize Satinfinish is what I have been searching for. It gives my skin a lovely glow and I sometimes put Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light/Medium over it as it is summer and it darkens it slightly but the glow shines through still. I bought it in NC15 which matches perfect with my face neck but will maybe try NC20 as the better weather is here but as I live in Northern Ireland we don't get that much of a summer! The coverage is buildable and you can achieve medium coverage. It's just great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Carm382

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love the packaging because it doesn't spill when traveling. Honestly I'm not too crazy about the dewyness (sp) but as far as coverage, it's top notch. I don't wear foundation every day but when I do, this is what I like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was very skeptical when trying this foundation, but I have to say I really love it. It's a light to medium coverage with a beautiful healthy sheen. As I get into my mid-twenties, my oily teenaged skin has changed to dry skin, and I find matte foundations very limiting and unflattering. The dewyness this foundation gives me is an absolute dream.

I have been using this product for weeks now because I really wanted to give it a fair review. There isn't a lot of product needed per application. The coverage is light, although it is layerable (I prefer to not layer it but use concealer in areas that still appear blotchy because I don't want to run out of this stuff too soon!).

My favourite thing about this stuff (besides the dewy sheen it gives - which in my opinion is NOT overpowering at all!) is its lasting power. It lasts me from 6:30 am in the morning until 10pm at night (I sometimes touch up my concealer and powder, but never the foundation).

I will buy this again, for sure, although I may try other MAC foundations as well. I'm so impressed with the staying power of this stuff and the lightness of it that I am willing to splurge!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Mebs786

This foundation is a medium coverage and does not feel or look heavy on the skin. It gives a radiant natural glow to the skin. One of my fave foundations. However I have stopped using this everyday as I have noticed that it makes me break out if I use it regularly. So I just use it occasionally now.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by sweetheart4890

I luv this foundation. It has SPF in it, gives my skin a wonderful natural glow, it is light to medium coverage which is what I aim for.
    It isn't a real thick formula, I luv the fact that it is a mineral foundation, I always try to aim for something that is good for my skin and that isn't too heavy feeling. It hasn't broke me out which is a plus, I hear alot of MAC items break people out, but this hasnt.
    I would definately reccomend this to people that don't need alot of coverage and that is searching for a liquid foundation that is good for your skin and also something that gives you a natural glow.
    The price is reasonable but of course, it is a high end product, I don't mind spending the amount for this awsome product, though, of course we would all prefer to spend less.
    The packaging is sleek and simple, I like it.

LUV LUV LUV THIS PRODUCT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is probably my favorite MAC foundation. It gives a perfect radiant finish to the skin that looks very natural. You can make this very sheer, or build it up for a medium coverage.

It covers skin perfectly and leaves skin glowing and flawless.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2009 9:02:00 AM More reviews by bananasforbeauty

Gives a luminous glow, but thought it wasn't best for my acne prone skin as it has a light coverage and only illuminates flaws.
    Also, not very long lasting unless powder is applied over the top.