Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 7/7/2009 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Pros: leaves skin silky soft & matte, improves the appearance pores & fine lines

Cons: no spf & a lil pricey

on 7/6/2009 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've tried a couple primers and basically gave up after this one. It caused my skin to break out with tiny pimples, something that rarely happens. Advantages: goes on smooth and does help make up go on smoothly. Disadvantages: causes break-outs on me, no sunscreen protection, no scent. I wouldn't buy this again and haven't messed with primers since this one.

on 6/28/2009 2:20:00 AM

Well this was the only primer I tried so perhaps there exist better primers... I thought I would never need one but boy I was wrong!
The first time I used it, I guess I didnít blend well or I didnít apply to all my face. Besides, Iíd only put on powder and when I came outside my house, I had dry patches all over my face! I looked as if Iíd put on talc all over my cheeks! Weird, I know, Ďcause my skin is OILY. I blamed this immediately.
Then I tried it and waited for it to sink in. I put on concealer and THEN I applied powder. I found that at least for me, it works well with both powder and liquid foundations. It makes your make up last longer (I live in the North side of Mexico and we get around 40įC, which is 104 F in the Summer and even higher than that) and, reallyÖ thanks to this, make up stuff just glides easily. Just make sure you remove it reaaaaally well when you undo your make up Ďcause as it helps hiding pores, Iím sure it gets into them and we donít like clogging them, do we?
By the way, I only need 2 pumps of this and thatís all I apply -after moisturizer :-) and no, it doesnít make me look paler than I am (NC20), thank God!
I like the packaging, it doesn't let me waste any product. I can't remember how much it was but it was sorta pricey...

on 6/16/2009 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i use this on special occassions when i want to have that perfect look...it does help my foundation apply smoother and last longer...now im not sure its worth the money since it is expensive and you dont get very much product....so im still debating on if i'll repurchase...but it does work for me.

on 6/14/2009 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Leaves a satiny, smooth finish on my oily skin and my foundation lasts and looks much better with it. Way overpriced for the amount you get, but I seem to always buy what I like regardless of the price. UPDATE: I've really changed how I feel about this product. Too watery. For the $$ I much prefer MUFE primer, but my fav is Chanel Base Lumiere $$$.

on 6/9/2009 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

my favorite of the smashbox primers...feels very light going on and sinks in quickly...how much it helps with foundation i'm not sure will wear a while and update later

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I first got this as a sample and my friend actually asked me what I was using because my skin looked great. I bought the full size when the sample was up. smooths over imperfections and gives a nice even base to apply foundation over. Great for photo shoots - I had pictures done for my birthday and my mom even complimented my great skin. I have combo-oily skin and break out/get shine really easily but this was combo-oily friendly and didn't feel heavy and sticky like other primers. The pump dispenses a little more than I like to use however. it's well worth the price because I don't use it daily.

on 5/30/2009 7:53:00 PM

Horrible product. I was miserably disappointed. I don't even have oily skin and this stuff did nothing but make greasy. It did absolutely nothing for me but make me a hot mess within an hour. Gross.

on 5/20/2009 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Instead of buying the more expensive bottle, I opted to buy the sample size ($16 at sephora) because I wanted to try it out first. I have to admit, a little goes a long way. Don't over use it or else it will feel too heavy and it won't do your face justice. One dab (two at most) should do the trick. I only use it on my T-Zone & trouble areas (cheeks and chin). I have had no complaints so far. I do have a slight case of oily skin (more combination really -- dry in the mornings & oily at night) and I find that this primer handles my skin well. I really like the fact that I can use this with powder foundations. Plus, I love the sheer / matte feeling of it. I say Yay!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For those of you who dont usually use a primer for your foundation and are wondering if a primer is worth 36 bucks... I say YES. This primer doesn't help much with oil control, but it makes me skin so so soft and helps my foundation stay on for about 9 hours straight! Before after just 4 hours my foundation would be practically melted off.. but after using this I dont have to reapply, and if I do its only a little spot here and there, not my whole face.

I've never used the original photo finish primer, but my friend has used that and says it made her breakout..