August 31, 2014 | 1273 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Kristi9630

I am just using up what I have left of this product. It really didn't seem to do much for my skin. I thought it would help smooth out my skin so that my pores were less visible. It didn't help with that, but it does feel kind of cool on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by pizdamomma

I have very oily skin, but It didn't really help for that. It helped my makeup apply nicer I guess. I had used this stuff for 3 months since it didn't seem to irritate my skin. Then out of the blue, it started to brake me out so bad. It took me a while to narrow it down to this. Stopped using a primer completely since I was doing fine without it. I'm using it again, but only under my eye. It really helps your under eye concealer last longer and not crease.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by sayakka

i tried to finish up this primer, im half way through now, but don't think i can stick to it anymore. this has done nothing to provide a smooth base or control oil, the texture is kind of silicone-feel and buttery, but does not moisturize neither. my bottle is probably going to the bin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2009 5:11:00 AM More reviews by shimegami

This product worked really well for me but then I read a thread on specktra about it making people look lighter and so I tried another primer and realized that that's exactly what it was doing to me! All this time I thought I was that pale!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by besobeso

I've struggled with oily skin my entire life so I know that regardless of what a product claims to do nothing is ever going to be an end-all perfect product. This product is no exception. HOWEVER, it works better than anything else I've tried.

Although I still need to do touchups every so often I can tell that this product has significantly reduced the oil on my face. When I go to do touchups now they're minor. Before when I used to do touchups I felt like I should just do my makeup over again- it was that bad.

The bottle has also been designed so a small panel pushes the product up, so there is little to no waste. It's wonderful. Like I said before, it's not perfect but with oily skin nothing ever is. So don't expect the shine to completely vanish but expect it to be significantly reduced.

It is expensive but well worth it and it lasts a long time. Will be repurchasing!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by myoon001

I was in need of a primer that would work with my oily skin and this was the most useless product I have ever purchased. I heard good reviews about this and was finally convinced to buy it but it personally did no good for me. It is really light on the skin but that might have been the problem - it did nothing at all! To make matters worse, it's expensive. Definitely not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by thekeeg

I chose this primer over the normal due to my oily skin, although I'm going more combination now. It mattifies my skin really nicely. I tested by putting an illuminator on my hand and then putting the primer over it, and I couldn't even tell that I had used the illuminator. It has made my foundation last longer than my former primer (Lumene) and goes on better, with no weird pieces falling off it's applied too heavily in one area. It doesn't make my foundation go on much smoother than other primers I've used, I can't tell a difference. There's a somewhat strange smell to this product. This isn't an outstanding primer but it's a somewhat pricey, nice, lightweight base that does make a noticible difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Joanna09

This is a great product for oily skin. When used with Halo it will leave your skin feeling great. My skin has never felt so healthy and it looks better too. I've been using both for almost two months and my skin just glows. I have very irritable skin and have been thrilled with Smashbox!
Edited to add more praise! Today (April 1st, 2009) I tried a new moisturiser so I completely forgot my Photofinish! Ewww! I can see lines I haven't seen since I started using this. I don't understand the negative reviews. I can see a HUGE difference and can't wait to use it again tomorrow.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by TeMpErMeNtAl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am not impressed with this product what so ever. This does not help control the shine on my face. This did make my skin feel smoother. So I'm fifty fifty on this one =/

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by myvee

it's a good thing i asked for a sample of this at sephora. i heard so much talk about this and thought i'd give it a try. i wasn't too fond of this. it didn't live up to its standards. my foundation didn't last any longer than it would have if i didn't use this primer. i have many acne scars that i hoped this would help make the concealer/powder last over them. but my foundation still faded by the end of the day. i'm definitely going to try out mac's prep and prime