April 21, 2014 | 1506 users online

Treatments - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Devinmc2256

OH MY GOSH! I absolutly am in LOVE with this stuff!!! First of all let me tell you how I use it. I first wash my face, then I take straight lemon juice, (from one of those lemon shaped bottles) put it on a cotton ball, and rub it all over my face. The of course I moisturize. Now I wasn't really expecting to much from this, but after only the first night, some of my acne was gone! And now it is night 4 and it has dried up alot of my acne, reduced blackheads, and even controled my oil levels! I will be using lemon juice for a very very long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by ilikeshim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a long time, maybe around 2 years now? I was eating limes at first because my mom told me they would help my cough but I ended up using the juice for my skin. Then I found lemons, they work so well for me. cleared up all my acne and my skin was dried out after.

At the time my sister was going to prom and she had very stubborn acne on her head and in two days it all cleared away after I squeezed out a lemon for her. I'm talking about serious acne here because I called it a constellation at one point (i'm such a nice person lol). I would recommend this to everyone looking for something to get rid of ance, worked like a charm and the results come fast!

This also works great for those who want lighter skin or evening out skin tone. I've heard that Likas Papaya soap works wonders but you may want to squeeze out a lemon first because the papaya soap is incredibly drying on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by blushngloss4ever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have combination skin and lately my tzone is super oily, for 3 weeks now ive been using half a lemon and squeeze the juice on my face. now my tzone isnt oily anymore. ive read that it lightens the skin but i dont see any difference in my skintone

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by alaintrain22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Better for acne scars than any whitening cream out there. Does sting a little especially if you have sensitive skin but its worth it. Help kill bacteria too. Great to use in summer on your hair to bring out the natural highlights (use before you're in the sun for awhile). Smells great too. Yay nature.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by runimina

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried lemon juice on my face and thought it worked pretty well. <3
The initial stinging doesn't bother me, my skin can tolerate it, and I leave it on for about 15-20 mins and then wash off.
It makes your skin glowy and tight!I take some lemon juice and make sure to dilute it with water, or add it too a homemade mask. Never leave it on over night though, can make your skin photosensitive, but I wear a sunscreen everyday, so I don't worry about that too badly.

I am careful because lemon juice is a strong citrus acid and I am a little worried about using it everyday, so I save it for once or twice a week (when I do a mask or something). I have acne prone skin and it works for it. :)
I like all natural skin care solutions, and you can't get any more natural than this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by GoodGala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I always squeeze some lemon juice in my (almost) daily yogurt mask. It is really brightening and I would recommend it to anyone with acne-prone skin.

It cheap and obviously natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by lshlecter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had to try this as well after reading all the various reviews.

My skin is really stubborn. I dont' have the worst acne in the world, but sometimes it will come out of nowhere, in full force. I typically have anywhere from 2-6 blemishes around my face that are really noticeable because I pick at them.

I've been trying out the lemon juice (i just bought a bottle from my local grocery store) for over two weeks now, and this is the first time in a long time i have no acne on my face. It does burn, sometimes more than other times, but I immediately apply complex 15 (my favorite moisturizer) and it counteracts that sensation.

As for my left-behind acne marks on my face, I can't really notice anything fading drastically, but my overall complexion looks so much healthier. Even though I live in LA, I'm quite pale, so I wouldn't recommend this "product" to anyone who tans regularly.

Also, you have to give it two weeks at least, to do its thing. It definitely brings up a lot of acne that sits deep in your skin. I was quite frustrated at first, but the acid kills it almost immediately so your face tends to heal faster anyway. You have to stick with it.

After I use up the bottle i purchase, I plan to buy an organic bottle at whole foods, now that I know I will be using this pretty much every day forward. Hands down, best acne related product i have ever used. I will never go back to prescription gels ever again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by marbief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, HATE this! I used this on a few freckles, one in particular, to see if it would lighten them. It really seemed to be, and I was happy, but then a bit ZIT came up right underneath - it had irritated my skin like crazy. And now the freckle seems darker than ever! Major suckfest. Do not use if you have sensitive skin.
UPDATE: Okay, the freckle is still faded, but I still have the zit several days later, so is it worth it? Tossup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Kat2004

I've been using lemon juice from fresh lemons for about two weeks now and i'm amazed by the results. So far it has cleared up my stubborn acne and brightened my skin. Who would have though that something as simple as a lemon could work better than the most expensive skin care products? I think it all comes down to the fact that nature is the best, and chemical products only aggravate skin and cause more problems.

I apply the juice twice a day with a cotton pad before I apply jojoba and lavender oil as a moisturizer. So far this is working well to keep my skin clear, bright, and even. It's even starting to fade old acne scars.

EDIT: It stopped working as well after a few week so I switched to Neostrata Peel Solution, working freat so far after a bit of "purging".

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Zevie

My skin: Light but not pale, acne prone but mostly clear, oily, lots of old acne scars

Hopes and dreams for this product: subtle skin lightening (my face is more tan than my body, which is annoying), lightening of acne scars, reduction in acne, less oil

Regimen: I used concentrated lemon juice from the bottle. I applied nightly with a cotton ball for about a month. After a month, I started applying it about three times a week.

Results: My skin is not noticeably lighter although some of my scars are. It's not dramatic but I notice the difference. My skin tone looks a bit more even. My skin is less oily although my acne is not any different. Lemon juice stings a little but I didn't really mind.

Conclusion: My acne scars have faded. It's only a little but but for such a cheap product, I'm more than happy. I think this product is overhyped but it does deliver some results.