November 24, 2014 | 1988 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

Who knew such a fantastic skincare item was right in my fridge! I have heard about the benefits of lemon juice for quite some time now- but never really bothered trying. Recently due to a new cleanser (I think) I have been getting exceedingly oily :( I wake up in the morning to an awful oil slick on my face which is no fun at all. I also broke out a few days ago from my girly time of the month (ahem, also NOT fun :P) and I got a huge blemish right on my cheek- I never get blemishes in that area, again this could be the cleanser being the culprit. Anywho- due to all this oil and big breakout I suddenly remembered: LEMONS! I thought I would try out my own method. I basically cut a round lemon slice, dampen my face and lightly rub the lemon in circular motions all over, I expereinced a slight tingling feeling, but not stinging or redness. After I rinse my face, and I was so shocked how Smooth my face felt- it was like I had gotton a good exfoliating scrub without the harshnes of exfoliating beads.

The real results arrived the next morning. For the first time in months (I was always getting some form of oily skin in the AM after waking up....) my skin was not oily, nor dry- but felt great and refreshed! it looked for clarified, and that huge zit (& I wish I took before and after shots!) was so teeny tiny and basically gone :) I am so happy I suddenly tried this because I just love it- you have to try this whether you have problematic skin, or normal skin with a few setbacks here and there. Yay for Lemons! ♥

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Rullo34

These girls do a great tutorial on how to use lemon juice. I love them!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use the lemon juice in the bottle(generic). I pour a small quantity in a bottle and keep it cool. As a toner, it works great. I don't have to mop up my oily face throughout the day anymore. It did sting a bit at first, but it also kinda felt nice. My skin just glows! I also poured it in a small spray bottle and use as a deodorant spray. Also works great. Along with the lemon juice, for the deodorant, I also added witch hazel and Sea Breeze(generic). Shake it up and cool in refrigerator. I spritz it on and let it dry, then I throw on some baking soda mixed with baby powder(the one with aloe vera and cornstarch). I DO NOT SMELL! REALLY, I DON'T! I know, for I had been doing a lot of sniff checking throughout the day, at first, when I began using it! (SO paranoid);) I've been doing yard work(WEEDS!) and exercising for an hour daily, and I don't smell gross or anything, just sweaty. But, I'd rather be sweaty than smelly!
Results may vary, but this regime has worked well for me, although I sweat, I don't stink. I've used this for about a month now(and shaving has become smoother). I also like to use it as a hair rinse as well. Works great for my oily scalp. Anyway, I always grab a couple of these bottles because I also enjoy lemonade, too! YUM! UPDATE:Just wanted to mention that I'm now using "real" lemon juice, not the bottled stuff. AMAZING!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Violet

The best skin treatment for congested clogged up skin. I used DILUTED lemon every morning and night. I only leave it on for about 10 minutes and wash it off. VOILA ! beautiful clear bright gorgeous soft smooth skin within one week. OMG, it's freakin cheap too. No skin care can be compared to the miracle in nature. Thank to MUA, I found my HG exfoliator.

WARNING: I started with pure 100% concentrated lemon and it made me break out with red spots. it could be my skin purging from lemon overdose. I tried diluting it and leaving it on 10 minutes instead of over doing. I get much better result when I let my skin slowly adapt to the high concentration of acid.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by whitebook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried it because of Kandee Johnson suggested it. I just put a few drops on cotton pad add a few sugar and start scrubbing my face with that for about 5 minutes. Then, washed my face. It looked very good the first time. My skin tone got brighter and more even. However, after a few try, it's okay, just a good exfoliation, not much a of big difference of my skin tone. Also, every time I used this, I would find one or two itchy whiteheads in the following days, and that means the acidity had disturbed the pH balance (or the healthy bacterial flora) on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 2:11:00 AM More reviews by nightlydevil

Holy crap, this stuff WORKS. I am absolutely shocked. I NEVER would have dared to put pure lemon juice on my face if it wasn't for MUA! Thanks to everyone who has reviewed it before me!

I have just about every skin problem imaginable - sunspots, freckles, hyperpigmentation, acne scars, oiliness, occasional flaky spots, bumps, blackheads, minor acne (taking Rx pills for that). Mostly I just try to cover it up evenly and hope for the best, but that sucks because the more makeup you wear the less natural your skin looks. Lemon juice has gone a long way towards helping me wear less makeup when I go out - and I've only been using it for a week or two now. I can't really explain the effect, just that it seems to give a light exfoliation while bleaching the spots and redness. It doesn't really whiten my skin too much - it just evens it out.

It does itch and sting for a while after I put it on, and my face is pink for about 10-15 minutes. I don't know if this is a good idea for people with rosacea or true sensitive skin. Otherwise though, unless you're very even-toned already, I would seriously recommend trying this.

***UPDATE***
It's still working just fine, though the effects are a little less noticeable now that my skin tone is more even overall. I find it works best if I take some time off now and then, like using it one week and not the next, and stopping use if my face gets too dry (it seems to soak up oil really well) or if I've just done a glycolic peel. I always use fresh-squeezed lemon juice I keep in the fridge - haven't tried the bottled kind, so I don't know if it makes a difference.

***UPDATE***
I haven't used it for a few months now. Maybe I'll try it again if my skin starts to look a little uneven. I don't think this is something you need to use all the time, just in short bursts.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a traumatising experience with lemon. I was using it for a while & it seemed to work, my skin was brighter & a little even tone.

But one day I had an itchy reaction the evening I used it & the next morning woke up with all these tiny white heads on my chin. I could've counted about 30ish whiteheads. I freaked out & tried to pop them all & ended up having these red bumps on my chin for a week. & a couple of them scarred due to my popping.

I must've using it excessingly that day - maybe I rubbed it into my skin rather than glide it over. Or that lemon may have been really potent. =(

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Aerischan

I'm reading a few reviews about lemon juice and they all have positive outcomes for that individual reviewer. Yes, lemon juice will ultimately help your skin become more radiant, and healthier because it's acid withers away the dead skin cells on the surface, improves elasticity, allowing new skin cells underneath to develop. Just think of a regular scar that you could get from scraping your knee. There's a scab and underneath that scab a new layer of skin is formed and the old one is pealed off.

It does help get rid of pimples and scars, but don't expect drastic changes overnight. This will take weeks to months but changes will appear and your skin will look 70% better.
You'd have to apply this everyday, leave it on for 10-15(recommended time) minutes and wash it off. Leaving it on for too long may irritate your skin. But that depends on your skin type. I have very sensitive skin so I just leave it on for 15 minutes. Some people leave it on for the night. It's your choice..
Also drinking a glass of water with lemon juice also helps you internally.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by halimeade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

So I was browsing through the product reviews and was very intrigued by the high rating for lemon juice. Lemon juice! I have a bottle of juice in my fridge, so I figured why not try it out?

I have been using a cotton pad to apply lemon juice to my T-zone, chin, and any blemishes (avoiding dry areas of my face) right after I wash my face in the evening. Once it dries, I apply my night serum as usual. It's been a couple weeks, I'm surprised to say I think its making a difference in my skin. Overall my skin appears much more luminous, and blemishes appear to be going away more quickly (still using my BP to spot treat as well). Also, the may be a tiiiiiiny reduction in the oiliness of my face, but that be the cool weather. My skin is pretty darn tough, so I've has no issues with peeling at all.

I mean, if its sitting in your fridge, why not? Lemon juice is not going to replace any products in my skin routine, but it is a great compliment. Just be careful if you have sensitive skin, it is citric acid after all.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by ConversePrincess55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is my HG toner. It works great! I use it every morning and night after cleansing my face. I apply it all over my face with a cotton ball, avoiding my eyebrows and hairline(It can bleach hair!). I do not rinse it off. I wait about 5 minutes or until my face doesn't look wet for the lemon juice to absosrb into my skin. Then, I apply moisturizer all over my face. I squeeze my own lemon juice. I tried the bottle version, but it doesn't work as well and isn't 100% pure lemon juice. It's been about a week and I've seen a dramatic difference in my skin. It has faded several of my sun spots and reduced my acne greatly. I used to have several small, skin-colored clusters of zits in the center of my forehead, and now I have less than half that I used to have. My pores seem a tiny bit smaller, but my pores aren't that big to begin with. I like to use this on ingrown hairs as well and it works! Just apply it over the ingrown hairs. Then why only four lippies? It stings a LOT when you put it on, like an unbearable itch that you can't scratch(But it wear off in about 5 minutes), dries out my skin(that can be fixed by using a richer moisturizer) and my face feels a little sticky if I'm in a rush and don't have time to wait for the lemon juice to completely absorb. The catch is that it doesn't TREAT pimples, it only PREVENTS them. So while your current pimples are healing, the lemon juice prevents any new ones from forming. However, it does bring the sebum to the surface of the skin, so those who wish to can easily extract them. OVERALL, I would recommend this to a friend.