October 24, 2014 | 1709 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by maeiland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my absolute favorite when it comes to dry shampoo. I have very dark brown hair and have never had a problem with the white powder. I actually prefer it so I can see that I've hit all the necessary spots and then after waiting 5 minutes or so just brush the white away. The only place I've ever seen this sold is at Sally's Beauty and today when I went in to grab a few more cans I was informed that Sally's is no longer going to carry it. The sales lady said that Sally's is doing this to boost the sales of their own brand of dry shampoos. I was so sad to hear this. After some online research it appears that Ulta may have it (crossing my fingers) if not I may have to resort to buying it online.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by yazminejenni

I have had blonde and brown hair when using this on separate occasions and found this made my hair look dull and not really clean looking, it didn't really brush out and each can lasted me three uses because it took a lot to work, honestly I would recommend spending a little more on a decent one (lush do a power one called no drought for like 6 that lasts ages and works amazingly!)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by yankee77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great dry shampoo. I use it in the Blush scent and I like it very much. I purchased mine at Ulta and the Associate was trying to get me to buy a powder dry shampoo that was over $20.00 (and I was like "No way, Jose!"). I am not a fan of those powder ones and after trying the crappy one from Tresemme and the one by Suave that disappears in the can, I didn't have high hopes for this product. I was pleasantly surprised..The price for the small can is $7.99 but, I can be positive that: A.) it will still be in the can when I reach for it and B.) It will do a good job removing build up from my hair and creating volume. I am so glad I saw the good reviews for Batiste on YouTube and MUA. I would recommend it and would purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used a few dry shampoos in the past that haven't been great at all, until I got a hold of this baby, def one of the best dry shampoos out there, I wash my hair every other day or so (my hairs too thin and limp to wash every day) so I use this in between washes and it doesn't leave my hair greasy or give you that dandruff nasty look. I think they could of made the bottle a little bigger cuz this costs about $8.00 but it's still worth the price and I'll def re-purchase, the tropical one also smells very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by lululemon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just bought this to try after reading up on dry shampoo on MUA. . . Gotta say that for the price and the ease of use I will be getting another to leave at work!

I've always washed my hair everyday - living in a tropical country my hair gets so greasy in the space of one day that keeping the lathering to a minimum is almost impossible. However, since I have color treated hair that also means that overshampooing does cause a few probems. (My hair looks flat, it gets greasy at the roots and a bit dry on the ends, help!)

I've used this twice since purchasing 4 days ago and am happy to report that my hair stayed fresh and in shape for the whole day (even longer than the days where I wash my hair in the morning). The smell was not overpowering and I didn't notice any white residue. I did however follow the advice from the girls here and applied a little at a time instead of going the whole 9 yards at one shot.

Will definitely continue to use on a regular basis - 2nd day hair has never looked so good! :)

My hair color: Dark brown
Texture: Colored and permed
Tested on: 2nd Day hair
Amount used: One small spray at a time held about 20 cm away from head, focusing more on the roots, flipping hair over to create volume in between sprays.
Lasted: 9AM - 8PM. Totally value for my money, so pleased!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Stephxx16

I'm a brunette and most of the time it's hard to find a really good dry shampoo that doesn't leave a greyish tiny to my dark hair. But in all honesty I'm really not that picky when it comes to that because I just want a dry shampoo that will take care of the oil and grease and this does the trick! I have the dry shampoo in the blush scent, and I don't really like the scent but I don't hate it, it's just there. It's a lot better than some other dry shampoos i've smelled though.

This sprays a good amount of product and the nozzle allows it to spray dispersly and not all in one part. It doesn't feel very "wet" like some dry shampoos do after they start to run out or just in general. It also doesn't leave my hair with too much of a dry/powedery texture, but I can definitely still tell I've used dry shampoo because of the texture of my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by DeborahTX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried many dry shampoos--Bumble and Bumble, Oscar Blandi, Orlando Pita (T3)... Price was no object--just give me the goods! The Batiste is the best I've found, and far less expensive than the others as an added bonus! I have fine, thin hair so I use the colored spray. It is just enough color but not so much that I feel like I have to be so careful about using it and having a dark spot in one place. This volumizes and revitalizes just enough to make me feel like I don't have to wash my hair every day. The powder brushes out enough so that you don't feel like you have dandruff if you aren't careful. (My husband once asked me what was *wrong* with my head?! when I tried the Oscar Blandi! Ugh.) Try this one instead--you will like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by anna0banana

I've been lookingfor a dry shampoo for a long longtime since my hair gets greasy really fast and I don't always like washing my hair everyday since it is very damaging and is also quite time consuming. I first bought this in the scent "Diva" and have gone through a few cans of that, and have also tried the Original scent. It is quite easy to use and gives my hair some volume and makes it look fresher. Just make sure to spray from about half and arm's lengths away and do it in a "misting" motion while picking up strands of hair (you want to spray under your hair) and avoiding spraying too much on one spot. Overall, this is a must have whether your hair gets greasy quickly or you are always short on time, or both in my case. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by sydcricket

LOVE THIS STUFF! I used to buy it in Germany for 4euros in a big can (just under 5 bucks). I was surprised to find it was nearly 8 bucks at Sally's for a way smaller can! Spoiled me!

Still, this stuff is the best stuff on the market I've found so far. Dry shampoos are really pretty much all the same (I am aghast at people who spend more than $15 USD!) so it comes down to how much is in the can and the smell. Batiste smell isn't the best, but better than the other cheap German alternatives alternatives. And there is a ton of product in the can! (In contrast, to say, the massively expensive Rene F.) I find that in my dark brown hair, it absorbs quite well.

Now that I'm back in the US I'm going to try out some other cheapo brands here, since everyone seems to have a dry shampoo these days, but I'll be stocking up on Batiste every time I go back to the EU.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 6:09:00 AM More reviews by MissPerfection01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is simply amazing, if you're in a rush and washing you're hair simply isn't on the agenda- give you're hair a few sprays, holding the can 15cm away from the head, massage the residue into the scalp for a minute or so and then brush out! Voila! Clean, fresh, versitle hair within a minute. No wonder why its held onto fame throughout the years. I find the smell slightly overwhelming- make sure windows are open! The price is OK but I find that the product runs out very quickly so hence my score for the price only being a 3/5, the packaging is fine just like a deodrant can really- no inconvienience about that one. Great for all hair types, its never really let me down.