NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 3/3/2010 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Wow...although I've heard so much about this highlighter and watched YouTubers using it for some time now, I was still shocked at the beauty of it when I applied it to my face. As a dark complexion girl the brightness while in the compact can be a shocker but after the first stroke I was sold on this product. I don't consider it for everyday use but it definitly amps up my look!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Pros: GREAT highlighter for brows, nose, cheekbones, anything. The quality is amazing and a little goes a long way. Compact comes with a mirror. The compact is also high quality.

Cons: Expensive.

Buy again? Definitely :)

on 3/1/2010 7:24:00 PM

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I agree with the post below me...hands down the best highlighting powder. It gives a nice gold sheen when applied and is very buildable. I use it to highlight my cheekbones and down my nose to make it look slimmer. It doesn't look super obvious but it makes a HUGE difference. If you want to look like you're walking around with your own lighting crew, run, don't walk, to your nearest NARS counter. The price is steep but it is definitely worth it.

on 2/20/2010 4:34:00 PM

Hands down the BEST highlighter. There's nothing more I can add that hasn't been said. It's perfect for my golden medium skin but I would imagine that it would work for everyone. Love it!

on 2/16/2010 3:26:00 AM

i LOVE this stuff! its totally worth the price, it works wonders for me. a little goes a long way, definitely recommend this

on 2/12/2010 3:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

The golden sheen is a bit strong for me, so I use this very very lightly. It does impart a lovely glow and I only have to use very little each time. I said I will not buy this again, because I think the pan is gonna last me a reallllllly long time.

on 2/12/2010 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

As several reviewers have noted, Albatross looks a bit intimidating in the pan; however, once applied, it leaves a wonderfully subtle and golden sheen that last all day. For the most natural effect, I use a small amount per application on my cheekbones, buffing and blending until I achieve my desired look. Iím very pleased with this product and Iíd definitely repurchase.

For reference, I have olive-tan skin with neutral to warm undertones. I use Laura Mercierís Mineral Powder in Pure Honey and Lancomeís Ageless Minerale Powder Foundation in Natural Honey 30.

on 2/9/2010 8:06:00 PM

I like this product, it's perfect for highlighting the brow bone and the face. Sometimes it can accentuate pores especially any milia underneath eyes so I can apply it more to my cheek bone closer away from the eye area.

on 2/6/2010 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought Nars albatross several months ago and have been using it everyday. I am on the fence with this product. I use it almost everyday and well it just doesn't look right. It leaves an intense gold metallic sheen on my skin--not natural--and it accentuates fine lines. I tried using around my eyes and on my cheekbone. Does not look horrendous...does not look great. I am going to wait for the summer once I darken and see if that changes my perspective.

on 2/6/2010 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Okay. What is the hype? Me being african american. My skin is golden brown. Not to brown. Not to light. In between I guess. Now alot of brown sisters and even light sisters and even white sisters raved about this product. Now people say highlighters and luminizers are the same. When I think highlight I think a lighter shade under the eye. When I think luminizer I think shimmery glow that you put on your cheek bones above the blush. Now I noticed that when people rock this product...they treat it as a luminizer. So I bought it for that. Not so luminous....yeah it is a highlight powder that is good for highlighting the skin under the eye. But thats it. So...not to spectacular. I use it for a highlight which is what it is LOL. But its not a luminizer! I wish people do a good job seperating the two.

Top Rated NARS Products