August 29, 2014 | 1320 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best highlighter that I have tried to date. I am a WOC and it is difficult to find a highlighter which doesn't look too white, ashy or chalky on my caramel color skin. NARS Albatross is a soft pale warm glow without too much sparkle, is true to the color in the pan and it gives my skin a luminescent glow without being overdone. I just love this highlighter and it's been a beloved member of my makeup collection for several years.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by vixo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a must have product ! I was looking for a nice highlighter for my very pale skin (i'm NW 15) and this product is great. I was a bit disappointed when I first swatched it because there's too much of a golden sheen to it, but really, when you apply on your face fully made up, it's red carpet look!! It's my first Nars product and I'm so well impressed !!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by lilpumpkin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would not recommend this for people with fair skin, it doesnt show up much but I guess subtlety is the point of this product. I do like the slight sheen that it gives me face and if I learn to apply it right, I know I can definitely do some nice contouring on my face. And being that its winter I know itll look better in the summer when I have a little bit of color from the sun. It does make my skin feel super soft, even my boyfriend noticed and he wouldn't blink if I shaved my head lol.

Would not repurchase simply because Im not sure this is the right highlighter for my fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 12:04:00 AM More reviews by DaisyKatLuv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my HG products. I didn't buy it for a long time because it looked crazy in the pan. But I just broke down and bought it...and WOW, what a great purchase. It gives my NW35 complexion a beautiful glow where ever I put it...Over or under blush, just above the bow of my lips, down the middle of my nose, to accentuate my cheekbones, a highlighter under my eyebrows, anywhere I want a warm glow. The first time I wore it I got compliments. It's not glittery or greasy looking, it just gives a nice glow. LUV LUV LUV!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by malston81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ordered the duo albatross/torrid last week & it arrived today, I really haven't gotten to use it but I'm looking forward to using it very soon!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

This really is just a gorgeous golden highlighter that seems to look good on almost everyone. I have it in the split pan with Lovejoy and they are gorgeous together. Albatross looks good with any blush of course. Great for under the brows, inner corner of eye, etc. O.k. now I'm just repeating what everyone else has already said. Just buy it and try it already! You won't be sorry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I'm not going to lie. This stuff looks scary in the pan. Which is the main reason I didn't purchase this a long time ago. I figured it was going to be clown white or just a white pearl
(in which i can just use a frosted white pigment) but, don't let the looks of it fool you. If you look closely, you'll see that it has a pearly yellowish tint to it. When applied to your face, it goes on as a sheer golden yellow pearly sheen with a slight shimmer. A little goes a long way, and it is perfect to highlight your cheekbones, nose, brow bone and forehead. Or, if you'd just like to add a little extra glow to your face. This has become one of my beauty essentials and practical for every day. Some of my other favorites are MAC Honour Blush & MAC New Vegas Mineralize Skinfinish. This is similar, but more natural. Kim Kardashian's MUA uses this to give Kim a radiant glow. You can noticeably see in the following picture that she's wearing it on her face and neck. continued >>

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by lildr3amcatch3r

At first I was pretty indifferent to this highlighter. It looks really chalky and white in the pan. However as I try applying it in different ways, I find I can build up the color to my liking. I love this now! It's a great highlighter and leaves a nice glowy finish. One of my favoritest Nars product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by tiny101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this highlighter that gives a beautiful luminous pearly glow. The bridge of my nose, brow bone, cheek bone, and right below my cheek contour color is where I tend to use this the most. Despite how some people have found this to be too shimmery or too chalky, this is still my HG highlighter. (Note: I find that MAC's Perfect Topping & EDM's Champagne carry much more shimmer/glitter!)

[ PROS ] - really accentuates without going over the top; does not look chalky or too white at all (though I cannot speak for those with darker skin tones); gives a subtle shimmer to look almost glowy; the shimmer does not spread all over my face like some other highlighters; very little is needed; great price for the amount of product

[ CONS ] - none

I really think that this will last me a lifetime as so little is needed to yield that perfect glowy face. However, when the time comes that I need to repurchase, I will do so right away =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by mxgirl2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

so gorgeous!...looks like a chalk-white powder in the pan, but when applied becomes a gorgeous gold highlight color...can be used as a cheek highlighter, but is also very pretty as a brow highlight.