October 31, 2014 | 850 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Crump360

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading two bad reviews of this products I decided that I needed to put in my two cents. This is a GREAT highlighter. Although it looked stark white in the pan, on the skin, Albatross is a sheer gold with finely milled shimmer (not glitter). It looks beautiful on my (NW35) skin. I would definately recommend this for women of color. In the reviews that I read, someone compared this to BB Shimmer Bricks (I think becuase they are used as highlighters). This product is nothing like Shimmer bricks have gradiants of color and come in a variety of colors, while Albatross is one color. Albatross is of the untmost quality and goes on incredible smoothly. Like most NARS products although sheer, you don't need a lot of product to get the glow that you want. I would definately recommend.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 7:58:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I agree with the previous reviewer that there are much, MUCH better highlighters out there. After trying a couple of nars products and falling in love with them, i went on a bit of a nars shopping spree at the weekend and this was one of the things i bought. Nars products for me are really hit or miss- usually miss, like this, with occasional 'star' products. Im nc30-32 and i love light rose pink glowy cheeks. My usually routine is mac pink swoon/dainty/illamasqua tremble, with bb shimmerbrick in pink to highlight and give that 'glow'. I thought this product would be similar to bb's shimmerbricks. However, i didnt like the grainy texture, it wasnt smooth at all. It gives me a very wierd look on my skin. Its shimmery but looks so flat, and the gold sheen just doesnt look right. But was even worse, was the fact that once i had applied my blush, and then this, it seemed to completely wipe out my blusher...and all i saw was a dull gold sheen...There are so many GREAT shimmer highlighters out there- becca shimmer powders and BB shimmerbricks are wonderful- if its really the 'gold' aspect you want BB has an amazing gold shimmerbrick that gives the best glow, its thousand times better than this rubbish. I bought this for my holiday but what a waste of money :(

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This is a sheer, slightly frosty champagne highlighter. The texture is a little grainier than I'd prefer (not as creamy as MAC's pigments), not as good as NARS powder blushes. The shade is pretty neutral and not too glittery, but it's still a little flashier than I'd expected (I'm used to liquid and cream highlighters, which tend to look the most natural). I wouldn't wear this during the day if you work in a conservative environment.

Overall, it's a nice, neutral highlighter, but I don't think it lives up to the hype, honestly. With powder highlighters, texture makes a huge difference in terms of how natural it looks. I think Becca's pressed shimmer powders are superior in that respect. And liquid or cream highlighters are even better for adding a dewy radiance (Becca's shimmering skin perfectors, Benefit's High Beam and MAC's Strobe Cream are some favorites of mine).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by heartyfarty

OMG this highlighter is AMAZING!!!!! Recently, I have become addicted to NARS makeup....which has taken a really huge toll on my wallet, but NARS has come up with some awesome, quality makeup that will definitely last a looooong time. So, after buying "Laguna" which is equally amazing, the SA tried "Albatross" on my skin as a highlighter. At first, I wasn't sold, because when I checked out the mirror, I felt like nothing special was on my skin. I didn't buy it that day. However, when I went back to Sephora and applied the "Albatross" again just to satisfy my curiosity, I walked around the store and checked out all the mirrors, walked outside and checked my compact, and OH MY GOSH. My face just GLOWED. The light hit my face in ALL THE RIGHT PLACES. "Albatross" is a white/cream/golden, somewhat shimmery color in the compact. On my skin, it just blends in with my skin tone with a hint of golden shimmer (very finely milled) that gives my face a flawless "candlelit" glow that I am absolutely IN LOVE WITH!!! Seriously, try holding a candle up to your face and check out your skin in the mirror..."Albatross" gives you the same effect day and night without the candle!

Albatross vs. Vanilla...imho, "Albatross" wins! "Vanilla" is a lot harsher (maybe because it's a loose powder instead of a pressed one) and shows up wayyyy more than "Albatross"...but "Vanilla" is a very good highlighter too, don't get me wrong, especially for going out at night...it's just that "Albatross" takes the cake, no competition, because of how natural it looks on my skin, day and night! :)

I almost passed up on this amazing highlighter if I chose to not satisfy my curiosity. Blessing in disguise? I think so! NARS, you guys are amazing! Keep it up!!! I will definitely keep buying "Albatross" and "Laguna" for as long as NARS sells them...they are my new makeup staples. I'd pay even more for them, but hope and pray that they'll stay this price (or cheaper hahahaha, hey, there's nothing wrong with dreaming, right?) for as long as they sell them hahahaha!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by BNoel45

After reading reviews on this site I was really excited to pick this highlighter up. I love Nars Orgasm blush and this would be my third purchase of a Nars product. I tried it this morning before work..and it made me look really funny. I have very fair skin so maybe that is the problem but on my skin it looked like I brushed baby powder on my face with gold shimmer in it. I had sort of a white mask look. So instead of an all over brightener, when I went to dinner with my friend I used it in the corners of my eyes and used it as a brow bone highlighter. It settled in fine lines I didn't even know I had! This product is just not working for me. Maybe its because my skin is very dry from the harsh winter, or maybe I am just applying it wrong, but I would not re-purchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by XP0S3D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this highlighter! I can use it in more ways than one and the color is very versatile! I use this highlighter to highlight my cheekbones, browbone, inner corners (with a fluffy eyeshadow blending brush) of my eyes and to line my waterline (I like to use this instead of a white or light liner under my eyes because it's not as harsh, yet it provides just the *POP* without looking over-the-top).

I have oily skin so I only tend to highlight only various areas of my face. This highlighter does not melt, oxidize or vanish once the oils on my face surface. It stays true to its color, which I would describe as a candle-lit gold. It has nice color because it's neutral and does not have orange or pink tones to it so I can see it suiting people with different skin tones. There is shimmer (obviously), but definitely no sign of glitter. If applied correctly, it provides a beautiful glow and luminosity which doesn't look fake at all.

For reference, I use MAC's 187 brush to apply this highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Xelestra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A limerick review for the ONE piece of make-up I love above all else in my collection. It's that good.

If I were on a desert isle, I'd be hitting the sauce
Should I not be able to save my NARS' "Albatross".
Just one comment then:
With names like "Deep Throat" and "Zen",
Where they got THIS name has me at a loss.

27 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by pinkice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an awesome product
Its great for day and night.
You can tell this is a coveted product because of its smooth finish and pigment.

I pair if with NARS Super Orgasm and those two products make music together!-I warn you this should only be used for a night look.

I use albatross on a day to day basis to hi-light top of cheek, bridge of nose, forehead and jaw line.

If you love to glow go to sephora now and purchase this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best highlighter that I have tried to date. I am a WOC and it is difficult to find a highlighter which doesn't look too white, ashy or chalky on my caramel color skin. NARS Albatross is a soft pale warm glow without too much sparkle, is true to the color in the pan and it gives my skin a luminescent glow without being overdone. I just love this highlighter and it's been a beloved member of my makeup collection for several years.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by vixo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a must have product ! I was looking for a nice highlighter for my very pale skin (i'm NW 15) and this product is great. I was a bit disappointed when I first swatched it because there's too much of a golden sheen to it, but really, when you apply on your face fully made up, it's red carpet look!! It's my first Nars product and I'm so well impressed !!