September 21, 2014 | 2023 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by BNoel45

After reading reviews on this site I was really excited to pick this highlighter up. I love Nars Orgasm blush and this would be my third purchase of a Nars product. I tried it this morning before work..and it made me look really funny. I have very fair skin so maybe that is the problem but on my skin it looked like I brushed baby powder on my face with gold shimmer in it. I had sort of a white mask look. So instead of an all over brightener, when I went to dinner with my friend I used it in the corners of my eyes and used it as a brow bone highlighter. It settled in fine lines I didn't even know I had! This product is just not working for me. Maybe its because my skin is very dry from the harsh winter, or maybe I am just applying it wrong, but I would not re-purchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by XP0S3D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this highlighter! I can use it in more ways than one and the color is very versatile! I use this highlighter to highlight my cheekbones, browbone, inner corners (with a fluffy eyeshadow blending brush) of my eyes and to line my waterline (I like to use this instead of a white or light liner under my eyes because it's not as harsh, yet it provides just the *POP* without looking over-the-top).

I have oily skin so I only tend to highlight only various areas of my face. This highlighter does not melt, oxidize or vanish once the oils on my face surface. It stays true to its color, which I would describe as a candle-lit gold. It has nice color because it's neutral and does not have orange or pink tones to it so I can see it suiting people with different skin tones. There is shimmer (obviously), but definitely no sign of glitter. If applied correctly, it provides a beautiful glow and luminosity which doesn't look fake at all.

For reference, I use MAC's 187 brush to apply this highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Xelestra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A limerick review for the ONE piece of make-up I love above all else in my collection. It's that good.

If I were on a desert isle, I'd be hitting the sauce
Should I not be able to save my NARS' "Albatross".
Just one comment then:
With names like "Deep Throat" and "Zen",
Where they got THIS name has me at a loss.

27 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by pinkice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an awesome product
Its great for day and night.
You can tell this is a coveted product because of its smooth finish and pigment.

I pair if with NARS Super Orgasm and those two products make music together!-I warn you this should only be used for a night look.

I use albatross on a day to day basis to hi-light top of cheek, bridge of nose, forehead and jaw line.

If you love to glow go to sephora now and purchase this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best highlighter that I have tried to date. I am a WOC and it is difficult to find a highlighter which doesn't look too white, ashy or chalky on my caramel color skin. NARS Albatross is a soft pale warm glow without too much sparkle, is true to the color in the pan and it gives my skin a luminescent glow without being overdone. I just love this highlighter and it's been a beloved member of my makeup collection for several years.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by vixo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a must have product ! I was looking for a nice highlighter for my very pale skin (i'm NW 15) and this product is great. I was a bit disappointed when I first swatched it because there's too much of a golden sheen to it, but really, when you apply on your face fully made up, it's red carpet look!! It's my first Nars product and I'm so well impressed !!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by lilpumpkin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would not recommend this for people with fair skin, it doesnt show up much but I guess subtlety is the point of this product. I do like the slight sheen that it gives me face and if I learn to apply it right, I know I can definitely do some nice contouring on my face. And being that its winter I know itll look better in the summer when I have a little bit of color from the sun. It does make my skin feel super soft, even my boyfriend noticed and he wouldn't blink if I shaved my head lol.

Would not repurchase simply because Im not sure this is the right highlighter for my fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 12:04:00 AM More reviews by DaisyKatLuv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my HG products. I didn't buy it for a long time because it looked crazy in the pan. But I just broke down and bought it...and WOW, what a great purchase. It gives my NW35 complexion a beautiful glow where ever I put it...Over or under blush, just above the bow of my lips, down the middle of my nose, to accentuate my cheekbones, a highlighter under my eyebrows, anywhere I want a warm glow. The first time I wore it I got compliments. It's not glittery or greasy looking, it just gives a nice glow. LUV LUV LUV!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by malston81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ordered the duo albatross/torrid last week & it arrived today, I really haven't gotten to use it but I'm looking forward to using it very soon!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

This really is just a gorgeous golden highlighter that seems to look good on almost everyone. I have it in the split pan with Lovejoy and they are gorgeous together. Albatross looks good with any blush of course. Great for under the brows, inner corner of eye, etc. O.k. now I'm just repeating what everyone else has already said. Just buy it and try it already! You won't be sorry.