April 25, 2014 | 1065 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by lildr3amcatch3r

At first I was pretty indifferent to this highlighter. It looks really chalky and white in the pan. However as I try applying it in different ways, I find I can build up the color to my liking. I love this now! It's a great highlighter and leaves a nice glowy finish. One of my favoritest Nars product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by tiny101

I absolutely adore this highlighter that gives a beautiful luminous pearly glow. The bridge of my nose, brow bone, cheek bone, and right below my cheek contour color is where I tend to use this the most. Despite how some people have found this to be too shimmery or too chalky, this is still my HG highlighter. (Note: I find that MAC's Perfect Topping & EDM's Champagne carry much more shimmer/glitter!)

[ PROS ] - really accentuates without going over the top; does not look chalky or too white at all (though I cannot speak for those with darker skin tones); gives a subtle shimmer to look almost glowy; the shimmer does not spread all over my face like some other highlighters; very little is needed; great price for the amount of product

[ CONS ] - none

I really think that this will last me a lifetime as so little is needed to yield that perfect glowy face. However, when the time comes that I need to repurchase, I will do so right away =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by mxgirl2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

so gorgeous!...looks like a chalk-white powder in the pan, but when applied becomes a gorgeous gold highlight color...can be used as a cheek highlighter, but is also very pretty as a brow highlight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by malinen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm NC15-20 and this highlighter not only shows up on me, but gives me the exact look I was looking for when I first bought it. It gives me a very slight, but definitely noticeable highlight without a lot of "in your face"-shimmer. There is shimmer, but it requires a close look in the bathroom mirror to really detect it. It also pairs very well with the NARS Laguna Bronzer without becoming shimmer galore. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Kdoll222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pretty golden sheen across your face unlike other highlighters I have tried, I have layered it with Pearl cream color base by Mac for staying power, and multi dimensional sheen

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 7:36:00 PM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love Love Love this!!!! I was lucky enough to have one of Kim Kardashians makeup artist make my face over at an even i went to earlier this year, she used luster on my cheeks and added this highlight, she said it was one of her top sellers and always would put it on Kim, so of course i had to get it. I love this! I don't usually wear this for an everyday highlighter but i always use it when i go out. I've already talked 3 friends into buying it! I would recommend it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2009 11:20:00 AM More reviews by hetsy

love this. A subtle highlighter which I use on my brow line and cheekbones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This looked so extremely white in the pan...I couldn't imagine it working on my skin tone and I avoided trying it despite the positive reviews. I've used Kevyn Aucoin's Celestial Powder in Candlelight for a few years and I end up comparing every highlighter to it. But ever since I bought Albatross I've been wearing it almost exclusively. It's more intense than the KA Candlelight, and so beautiful. I guess I just feel like having a little more shimmer and glow than usual during the colder months. I apply it with a large fan brush across cheekbones and use the same brush to kind of skim any remainder over the rest of my face and it never looks too harsh or overdone. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by jad3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you could only buy one product from NARS, it should be this! (and not even orgasm) This highlighter gives a soft golden glow. Looks gorgeous under the light.
The only downside is probably the packaging, it gets dirty from all the gold sheen after a while.

ETA: People have compared this to MAC's Vanilla, in my opinion this product is better as the effect is more subtle. The colour is the same, but Vanilla seems more chunkier/glittery to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by coquette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this highlighter. It's not too frosty or too white, it just gives a beautiful sheen when the light hits it. This is a must have from Nars.