August 23, 2014 | 1827 users online

Hair - Wen by Chaz Dean - Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by msclaudia

UPDATE 9/13/2010

I've bumped this down to 3 stars since, although it does work well it is waaaaayyyyyy too expensive to be worth it.

I found an amazing and ridiculously cheap alternative to the Wen and I will never ever be forking over that amount of money anymore. Suave Conditioner (specifically Suave Naturals, and Suave Clarifying conditioner work great). Suave is under $2 a bottle vs. the $40 plus dollars for the wen, you really can't beat that. Not to mention the Suave is available literally everywhere. I use the condition washing method, basically using a ton of the cheap Suave conditioner as a shampoo and then condition/treat as usual. My hair looks and feels fantastic, no stripped, raw, straw-like feeling that I was getting with shampoos, even sulfate free shampoos. I could never understand why my hair felt dry when I literally did NOTHING to it except wash, condition, and air dry. It was always the shampoos, stripping away the lovely softness in my hair. Once in a while when I feel like I'm getting build up I'll use a moisturizing shampoo, but again this is once in a while, like maybe once a month. Daily or frequent shampoo use is a big no no ladies.

**UPDATE 4/30/2009**
This stuff got waaaaaay too pricey, not only is it expensive but you have to use mountains of the stuff to get a proper cleansing, if I had $250 to fork over for a gallon of the stuff I would but I've switched to using shea butter as a deep conditioner and black african soap to shampoo my hair and its done wonders for my dry scalp, I was told I have to use a clarifying rinse once a week so I'm gonna try apple cider vinegar. I put biosilk in while its wet and my hair is shiny and bouncy as ever. That nightmare overlap between using wen and finding black african soap, I used traditional shampoos and they really dried out my scalp and hair and triggered dandruff, I can't go back to them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is one of those infomercial products that actually works! It does everything it claims it does in the infomercial!
THIS IS HG STATUS LADIES!!

I was blessed with straight shiny Asian hair so I never blow dry, flat iron, curl, dye, perm, bleach or do anything damaging to my hair (I don't even use styling products! and I still kinda cringe when my hair dresser blow dries my hair) but my hair has still improved leaps and bounds since giving up traditional shampoo and conditioner. My hair is soft, sleek, shiny, bouncy, voluminous, and healthy looking. Anyone who does my hair always comments on how beautiful and healthy it is but since I started using Wen I'm actually excited to see what my hair dresser will say at my next appointment! Another thing I noticed since I started using Wen, my hair styles itself... yes it styles itself, that bouncy voluminous layered blow dry look is achieved through... doing nothing! I literally just let my hair air dry and voila! Jennifer Aniston-esque layered look without the expensive hair stylist. I definitely attribute this not only to the Wen but to a phenomenal hair cut that keeps its style and shape as it grows out.

I hate that you have to use so much since its so pricey, I try to keep it at 14-18 pumps for my shoulder length hair (I read on here that someone only uses 4-5 pumps for the same length so I'll give it a shot). It's very expensive but very worth it, if you think about the cost of high end shampoos and conditioners it's about the same thing since you only use one product for both cleansing and conditioning. Follow the directions and rinse rinse rinse before and after or else you'll be greasy and gross.The almond mint formula leaves my scalp feeling cool, tingly, and clean as a whistle. I think it's also helping my dry scalp.

I found out that you can also buy it through QVC or through chazdean.com.... They offer bigger bottles which I find appealing... the 12 oz. bottle that came with the infomercial kit is probably only going to last me a month or so...
A little tip if you bought it through the infomercial... Call customer service and say you want to return the product because it makes your hair feel greasy... they'll send you the cucumber formula kit for free! Of course they keep you signed up to that program that sends it to your house every month or two but you can cancel that.

My HG hair product. Will use it till I can't afford it or another company makes a cheaper alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 11:02:00 AM More reviews by adzemacyn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using WEN Almond Fig for about 6 months now - first started with the infomercial web site and then found out that it was less expensive to order through QVC. I also found out that I only need to purchase the styling cream and use that for both cleaning and conditioning. I have super thick, course, curly blonde hair that I color. I have shoulder-length hair and only need to use 5 pumps and then I use one pump as a leave-in conditioner. I love this way of cleansing your hair. My hair color has lasted longer and my hair is not as dry. I will continue to use as this is the best I have found for my hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2008 1:04:00 PM More reviews by melodious

I'm glad to see that so many of you love this product. I have a 16 oz size of the Cucumber Aloe. If anyone loves this, let's swap!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Kimh123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Talk about a "LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP"!!
I have been using this cleansing conditioner along with the styling cream and balm since the first of July. I LOVED IT!! I still LOVE it, my hair from the very first use had never looked soooo good! I have always been a total hair diva and my hair (not to be vain) is very shiny and healthy looking all the time. I did not believe it could look any better until I used the Wen products. My hair was very dark brown (colored) and in August had it bleached to a light brown and had very little damage and I attribute my hair being so strong due to my Wen and due to using the deep conditioner that came with the kit. For the first time I can let my hair air dry and it looks like I had it professionally done. I have long hair with wave. I just twirl it my fingers and go! Now here comes the hate part. I started noticing I was loosing my hair. I had a lot of hair in the drain and in my comb while showering. I tried to ignore it. In the past three weeks it started measuring in handfuls of lost hair, my hair now feels A LOT THINNER!! I couldn't ignore this anymore and went back to shampoo and cond. My hair now is awful when I use my normal stuff, but my hair does not fall out after a couple days of my old routine. It looks dry and frizzy and there is no way I could let it air dry.....so then I give into temptation and go back to my Wen. And then my hair starts falling out in handfuls again. I do not have breakage and the hair is falling out with the root. I am thinking maybe my scalp gets to clogged up when I use the Wen?? If anyone has had hair loss from this product please, please, let me know. I am dying to know if I am insane, am I the only one?? I have found one other person who used the fig that had this problem. I am so torn. I so love my Wen and I so hate my Wen at the same time. Back to my normal routine for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2008 7:17:00 PM More reviews by tabercat

I just used Wen for the first time. I got the large bottle of sweet almond mint from the QVC website. My hair is virgin brown and very fine/fragile. I love WEN! My hair has never looked/felt so healthy, even though I just got a horrible haircut. I have used many pricey shampoos, my former favorite being F.F. Protein Rx, but nothing compares to this. I usually have a ton of frizz and obviously damaged hair, but Wen virtually eliminated the fried look after the first shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 9:44:00 AM More reviews by ArmyBrat

I had been dying to try this conditioner. I don't like purchasing things through infomercials, because I am a customer service rep. for a large national bank and we get tons of calls about how these companies keep charging a customer's debit card long after they have cancelled w/ the company. So, I decided to log onto MUA and swap for it. My hair is a little past my shoulders, very heavily highlighted blonde, and naturally staight. And although my hair texture isn't course, it's very very THICK. I do have some minor frizz issues.
I watched the mail all week! I could not believe at first how much product the directions called for, but this product is on the thick side. Just as the directions call for, after I slathered my hair in the product, I massaged my scalp "vigorously", and left it on 4-5 minutes. I did have to rinse and rinse since I had to use so much product. As soon as I rinsed, I could tell right away how much softer/silkier my hair had become.
I usually allow my hair to air-dry, and after about 30 minutes, my ends, because they are more porous, had almost dried. I noticed a little frizz on the ends, so I took a couple pumps of the conditioner, rubbed it together w/ my palms and applied it to my ends, and it was like MAGIC. That is one tip I stress when i tell my friend about this product: Take advantage of the versitility of the product and use it as a leave in conditioner & frizz serum, because that can make all the difference, especially if you have over-processed ends that tend to become frizzy.
After I applied the product as a leave in, I pumped out a couple pumps of the WEN Styling Cream and applied it "from mid-shaft on down to the ends" just as the directions say, and I used my hands to scrunch the styling cream in my hair since I like to wear my hair wavy.
I cannot tell you how many compliments I have gotten at work and from family. Even better than compliments are those envious "stares" you get from other women who don't say anything.
The reason I give 4 stars and not five is the price....for what you pay, it doesn't last as long as I wish it did. Of course that has everything to do with the large amount you are directed to use. But overall, it works great and I don't mind spending a bit more money on products that do a beautiful job!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Denise73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've only been using Wen for a week, but so far I love it! I have fine, frizzy, color-treated hair, and my hair has been coming out very soft and shiny using Wen. I was worried it would make my hair weighed down and greasy, but so far I've had no problem. It does not lather at all, but rather it feels really creamy, and I love the tingly sensation of the mint on my scalp. To my surprise, Wen really seems to get my hair very clean. I'm able to wash every other day with it and it still looks good on the no-wash day.

One word of caution -- you MUST rinse, rinse, rinse thoroughly. My husband tried it, but was in a rush and did not rinse very well, and his hair looked greasy all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2008 11:09:00 AM More reviews by notagoodidea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't think I would like this stuff, but I do! Wish it were cheaper. Best to buy it on ebay.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by lizzdd

The product smells good but that doesn't mean my hair smells good afterwards. It actually ended up smelling kind of neutral which is ok. Maybe I just didn't put enough on. The really good thing about this product is that ot leaves my hair incredible soft and unfrizzy, and I've used it about 6 times now with the same results. I just wish the smell of the product remained in my hair. But otherwise delivers as promised.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2008 9:15:00 PM More reviews by bergtoldhsd9

I could not wait for this product to arrive. It took forever. I wondered if it was comming. Well it came. The first time was amazing. My hair is really oily. I never thought this would clean. It has no bubbles. I put it on and it felt great. I love the concept of not using shampoo, and it seemed nice to only apply one product. It detangled my hair instantly. The smell was nice, texture was good to. My hair was super super soft. I loved it. Well as I used it, my hair became wild. It just frizzed out of control. It was not as soft and just limp. I had a hard time styling it. I wish my initial result would have been my end result. I will have to keep looking for that miracle hair prduct