Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

3.2

Not tested on animals

on 2/14/2009 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love WEN. I have been using it for about a year and find that my hair is healthier, much, much easier to style, and full of body. I have a chin-length a-line bob (color-treated) and use 4-5 pumps from the tall QVC bottle (32oz). I wet my hair to make sure it is completely soaked), pile on the WEN, massage for a minute, and leave it on while I am doing the rest of my shower routine (anywhere from 3-10 minutes). Then I take a couple of handfuls of water, massage it into my WEN-soaked hair to loosen everything up, then rinse well. I find it helpful to rub my scalp to make sure that I don't get any flatness at the roots. I finish my hair with 1 pump of WEN styling creme and a blow dry. Never flat, never greasy. A good, vigorous rinse (don't rush it!) is essential. I do supplement with a regular shampoo once a week or so since I do occasionally use mousse or Jonathan Spray Dirt for texture.

on 2/11/2009 1:43:00 AM

Uggh. Never again.

I bought the Wen system based on my sister's raves. Unfortunately, I did not have the same experience my sister had. The $35 for the system (Cleansing Conditioner, Re-Moist treatment, and Texturizing Balm) seemed pretty reasonable - before I used the products and realized they don't perform well. The cleansing conditioner smells wonderful but left my hair limp and lifeless. I decided to use more pumps, but didn't get much improvement. Honestly, I don't want to use half the bottle to get halfway decent results. I also hated how I was automatically sent a new box full of products before I could even send the first one back...

I received this yesterday from QVC and am returning it today. I didn't use it because I do not have the time to use approx 30 pumps to wash my hair in sections and then keep it on for 3-5 minutes. I wish I would have checked MUA before ordering this. It's probably very good - I just can't handle making such a big deal out of washing my hair. I'll stick with Kerastase.

on 12/29/2008 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I rate this product as "meh". I was really excited when I first saw this product on an informercial. I loved that it is made with all natural products and no artificial chemical fillers. I skipped over their website and ordered through amazon. I HIGHLY recommend everyone who's interested in this product does the same. If you order on wen's website you will be sucked into a monthly membership where you are automatically billed & shipped product. It's fantastic if you like the stuff- but if you don't, you have to go through the hassle of cancelling. Try, THEN sign up.

Anyway, I got the bottle and immediately washed my hair. I was imprssed with the nice smell and the texture, but I was unimpressed by how much I had to use on my long hair. In fact, Chaz himself recommends using upwards of 30 pumps for one application!! That's like a quarter of a bottle! I used as much as I felt comfortable with, combed through my hair and let it sit for a few minutes until I rinsed it out. Rinsing seemed to take a little longer than normal, but that was fine.

My hair felt pretty good after it was dry and styled. Not any better than it normally did, but not any worse. I continued to use WEN for about 2 months until my supply ran out. I did notice that some days my hair seemed more limp and oily looking than it should- whether that's due to me not rinsing it out well enough or not I'm not sure. The nice smell didn't last as long as other shampoos/conditioners tend to, and with my hair being curly and dry, I normally do not wash it more than twice a week. I hated feeling like my hair wasn't clean (though it was) and also feeling cheap for not wanting to dump half a bottle on my head every other day.

Overall, I think this product would be great for some people. Especially people with short hair ;) The amount you have to use coupled with the price for one tiny little bottle just doesn't seem worth it. As soon as I ran out I splurged on my old tried and true- Bumble & Bumble. Expensive, but WORTH it!

on 12/24/2008 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is GREAT. I have oily, color treated hair and this cleans it without stripping my color. My blonde color looks great all the time with no fading. It moisturizes wonderfully. Just try it!!

on 12/17/2008 1:29:00 PM

Don't like the product. I bought it on QVC last week and tried the Sweet Almond Mint. Hated the scent first of all. Followed the directions to the tee. When I came out of the shower, thought my hair was clean, but as time went on, it was totally flat with hardly any movement. I have fine above shoulder length dark blonde hair that has to be washed every day because the bangs and top get a little oily.
I washed the product with my Natures Gate shampoo and it still didn't come out. Woke up this morning, and my hair is all oily. The guy has to write 2 paragraphs on how to use a simple hair cleanser!! Whoever has the time to go through all these needless steps for a simple hair wash has too much time on their hands in my opinion!!! I'm returning mine.

on 11/30/2008 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have a love/hate relationship with this product also
I do think it makes the hair extremely healthy/ shiny and for me... FLAT!!!
I have naturally wavy hair if I use shampoos/Conditioners styling products that are meant to help that but this shampoo simply would not let me have my waves!!!!--
I do feel that for those that wear it straight or with very very curly hair it would be super great
I didn't feel that it helped me keep my color any better but I do use a demi-permanent so maybe nothing will??
Yes they do put you on an autoship so you need to be aware of that and CANCEL it right away if you don't want to pay 90.00+ like I had to--
But I do mix the shampoo with water and a bit of the styling cream too and this has been great for when I re-wet and restyle my waves--plain water just left it too frizzy--
Great product overall but has limitations for some

I have to say that I love this stuff, after catching the infomercial one sleepless night and then online I saw that Chaz was going to be on QVC. I must say I felt a little hesatent to buy infomercial stuff but I gave in. I bought mine off the Gutty Ranker site and it shipped and mailed very fast. I have to say my first bottle has been a trial one. I have been varying how i used it. The first time i used half of what is recommended my hair is just below chin length, it is black and thick. I would have described my hair as damaged before, but now I would say my hair is a bit dry. The first time I used this product my hair still had some frizz. So, I remembered that on the infomercial that if you air dry use the styling cream which I love. I have done so for the past two weeks cleanse, leave in, styling cream. I must say this stuff is a lot of fun and my go to relieve stress. My hair is shinny and bouncy. The only thing I think ruined it was using clarifying shampoo, i was scared about it falling out but it hasn't. The whole cleansing process is good, but I am having problems cleansing my scalp. the first time i used this i felt a tingle from the mint in the Sweet Almond conditioner. However, I don't feel that anymore but my hair stays clean. Also for me I am switching over to the Cucumber because my scalp is oily, and I have to wash my hair daily even with this. The only grip I have is that it is hard to find the only legitmet places to get it are at wenhaircare.com, QVC.com, and chazdean.com that is his main site. These products are also super expensive, I was hoping that after I ordered mine from the wenhaircare.com, like proactiv their would be a catolouge, nope. Alone the 16oz cost 28 dollars. They have sets on the main chaz site the only problem is that they cost like 70 dollars and don't include the hair masque which alone is 72 bucks. I have to say they sell you on the you only need one product thing but this stuff is REALLY EXPENSIVE!!!!!! I mean kertrease is cheaper and that was always out of reach for me. I have to say though the results wen gives are too good and as long as I space out how many times I buy this like every few months I can afford it. Mostly because after one day I washed my hair with pantene I went right back to wen.

on 11/16/2008 10:08:00 AM

Ok - we have all been hearing we should shampoo less. It always makes my hair grow faster and feel better conditioned when I shampoo less - no matter what the product is BUT.... this WEN stuff makes it feel like you can wash your hair as much as you want! Ok you think it is expensive but it's not as bad as you think. The way it is sent it is way to thick to work with and you will go thru it too fast (which is what they want of course ; ) so take half of it out of the bottle and fill the rest with water, shake. It is so much better. You DO want to use more than you think you need. It does not lather but it does cleanse your hair IF you use enough. I workout alot and it has plenty of cleaning power. MAKE SURE you completely "wash" your hair with water FIRST. Rinse it for atleast 2min. This stuff WILL make your hair better conditioned and grow faster. WHY? Not so much as what is in this product but that you are not stripping your hair of the natural oils that it needs to stay naturally moisturized. We have what we need but we wash it away. So dilute it by half and use ALOT - really working it in. If you use lots of hair products (hairsprays, wax, etc.. you will need to wash your hair with regular shampoo occassionally as the WEN won't be enough to get that crap out. I use a very diluted pantene or nioxin conditioner afterward. Oh and most of the time I wash with wen twice - just feels better. I have had the same bottle for several months and only half way thru. I use it about 3-4/wk. I will kep buying it. HOPEFULLY we will see other brand products in the future doing the same thing. I think this is the only one I know of. Smells great too.

WEN is awesome. My hair is in the best condition of my life and it looks amazing especially when I blow dry and style it. If anyone ever needs any advice on how to use WEN please message me and I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Popular Hair Products