April 20, 2014 | 1665 users online

Hair - Wen by Chaz Dean - Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by jjaustin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. Like most people, I got suck in to buy the product by watching TV informercial. I used the try out kit, and yes, it take a week to get use to it. In the 1st, I don't even like the smell, but couple uses, it kind of grow on me. I see my hair has major improvement. I color my hair every 5 weeks, and also have very damage hair, due to chemical process. But after this cleansing conditioner, my hair become shine and less tangle, and way easy to manager it. I love it, so before my try out kid run out, I order an other big bottle 32oz direct from Chaz Dan studio, this time, I order Fig cleansing conditioner. And the same thing, I don't like this figs smell neither, but I know, once I get use to it, I will love it! So far, it works as good as the Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner. I will give update couple more weeks for the Fig cleansing conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2008 12:39:00 PM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this product the first few times I used it, my hair was noticibly softer and shiny and super-easy to comb out after my shower. I have an oily scalp and must shampoo daily, my hair did feel clean after using this. However, my biggest complaint is this leaves my hair weighted down and feels like I have a coating of something on it. Even though I don't leave it in and I rinsed for several minutes with hot water. I think this is NOT meant for thin/fine hair. My hair is dry b/c of highlighting, but my scalp is oily. This stuff left my hair limp after about a week. I went back to my old shampoo/conditioner routine, and that's when I realized how weighted-down my hair had felt.

I called the co. and they recommended the Cucumber-Melon formula. I'm not sure if I will try it or not. But this formula is definately going back.

Update: I decided against the Cucumber-Melon formula, from the research on reviews I did for that formula, it will also weight down fine
hair. So my conclusion is these products are just not meant for fine hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by cleo43107

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I was sure I was going to hate it. You have to get used to it not lathering. Once I got past that I followed the instructions and had great results. I really worked it because I had a few days of not washing, I used a lot of hairspray those days, I went out in a convertible and sat outside today (all factors that make my hair dry and extra funky), I used my styling products and have more body than usual. I will check back in after a week or so to update. I think it's one of those things you either love or hate for most but for me I am in "like" after one try. I do think I will run out and it's not cheap so I might not keep up with it since I'm really trying to watch my pennies.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by jsgossamer

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I've tried all the cleansing conditioners and this is my favorite. It is expensive, but I think it's worth it. I don't use the amount chaz recommends or I'd go through a whole bottle in 2 weeks. This cleans your hair well and leaves it soft and managable. Doesn't strip at all. I don't find it leaves my hair greasy like others have stated. Nice product.

P.S. cheapie shampoos like suave do NOT have the same effect and are NOT the same thing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

We all wanted to LOVE it because the peeps behind the infomercial did a great job promoting this stuff... which is an OK product but not much else. I was impressed day 1 but by day 4 I wanted my money back but held out to see if it was my imagination. My hair WAS dry but now its just OILY. I am using the remainder of the containers but only weekly since it is too heavy for my hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Had a tummy ache late one night so flipped on the tube about 4am - to this infomercial. I am always on the lookout for the greatest thing for thick crazy dry hair, so I thought I would try it. Here's the verdict:
It does not lather. After reading MUA, I thought my hair would feel "dirty" after using since no suds action, but I am pleasantly surprised. My hair feels cleaner and has stayed "fresher" more so even than normal. I also love the way it feels - so soft and I have had to do no styling at all - I just kinda shake and go. If I took some time I think it would probably really look sleek and smooth. It definitely has cut WAY down on the frizz. It does take a LOT of product - so, this stuff ends up being expensive to use .. but it is good - for MY hair - and I will repurchase. I don't think this would necessarily work for everyone - if hair is oily, prob would not work, or if you are obsessed with lather, you wouldn't like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 1:08:00 PM More reviews by cblondeoverblue

I love it! I have been trying to find something chemical free to use for my hair--and while I was happy with the outcome of using Kiehl's I was looking for something more natural. I tried the Sweet Almond Mint and I am hooked. I have shoulder length, naturally blonde hair that is straight but I have a LOT of it--my hair is tremendously thick and a lot of conditioners weight it down.

I could believe when I started using it how healthy my hair was! It's now been 3 months and my hair is healthier and shinier than ever! It does take a tremendous amount--but no separate conditioner, shampoo and leave in product. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2008 6:29:00 PM More reviews by loveshimmer

Ok, so I was pretty excited about this stuff and tried it as soon as it showed up. I have waist long loose curls, and mild frizz, slightly fried ends from flat ironing (once a month with my TCP...another infomercial impulse buy) I was already using an all natural sulfate free shampoo from target, conditioning with Ojon and leaving in potion number 9, my HG. I recently went cone free. So that Chaz guy (he kinda creeps me out, especially his pic that comes in the box) says you will see a difference after the first use. Well I sure did. Tons of frizz and no definition.it was soft and clean but eh.I used a ton. The bottle aint gonna last long. Combed it through with that weapon that came free with purchase...ouch! Left it in for ten min. Rinsed thoroughly and then did the deep conditioner for 1 hour. Rinsed out with cold water, put in leave in, then styling product. Then air dried. Frizz, nothing special. Ill try a couple more times. Oh ya, and the pump was broken when I opened the box. So how the heck am I suposed to measure the number of pumps. So far not so good.EDIT: I used it again. Tons of product, this time without the intensive treatment. Hmmm... There sure is a lot of hair on the shower floor...wait a second...that's MY hair, I should know, I grew it myself. I kinda lost a lot the first time but this was worse. I had left it on for a couple of hours like Chaz says you should. I rinsed with cold water, put some leave in and the styling product. Ok, so its soft, and kinda shiny, but still frizy and my curls are all fluffed up not the ringlets that my old routine gave me. I called to cancel and return. They were totally cool. Told me to keep it. Used it on my daughter, huh...there's a lot of her hair stuck in the tub drain. She never looses a noticable amount. I realy don't like this stuff.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by hollyc01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can really see how this product would be good for people with coarse, dry and/or curly hair, or hair that is heavily highlighted or chemically damaged. For me however, I have fine med. length hair in fairly good condition. My hair never felt clean using this and the more I used it, the more limp and lifeless my hair became. It eventually made my scalp itch A LOT and my hair seemed to start shedding more. That was it for me, in the bin it went.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2008 9:59:00 AM More reviews by MakeupJunkie77

I fell for the infomercial I saw one random day and ordered it. I've been using it for the past month and wash my shoulder length, medium thick hair every other day. Well, it's not a bad product, but it's nothing to rave about IMO. My hair is softer than it was when I was using Phyto prior to Wen. But my hair feels "heavy". Not greasy, but heavy (for lack of a better term). I'll continue to use because it was so expensive, but I don't think I'll be repurchasing.