October 1, 2014 | 1740 users online

Hair - Wen by Chaz Dean - Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by marah1115

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a love/hate relationship with this product also
I do think it makes the hair extremely healthy/ shiny and for me... FLAT!!!
I have naturally wavy hair if I use shampoos/Conditioners styling products that are meant to help that but this shampoo simply would not let me have my waves!!!!--
I do feel that for those that wear it straight or with very very curly hair it would be super great
I didn't feel that it helped me keep my color any better but I do use a demi-permanent so maybe nothing will??
Yes they do put you on an autoship so you need to be aware of that and CANCEL it right away if you don't want to pay 90.00+ like I had to--
But I do mix the shampoo with water and a bit of the styling cream too and this has been great for when I re-wet and restyle my waves--plain water just left it too frizzy--
Great product overall but has limitations for some

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 10:41:00 AM More reviews by santamonica2284

I have to say that I love this stuff, after catching the infomercial one sleepless night and then online I saw that Chaz was going to be on QVC. I must say I felt a little hesatent to buy infomercial stuff but I gave in. I bought mine off the Gutty Ranker site and it shipped and mailed very fast. I have to say my first bottle has been a trial one. I have been varying how i used it. The first time i used half of what is recommended my hair is just below chin length, it is black and thick. I would have described my hair as damaged before, but now I would say my hair is a bit dry. The first time I used this product my hair still had some frizz. So, I remembered that on the infomercial that if you air dry use the styling cream which I love. I have done so for the past two weeks cleanse, leave in, styling cream. I must say this stuff is a lot of fun and my go to relieve stress. My hair is shinny and bouncy. The only thing I think ruined it was using clarifying shampoo, i was scared about it falling out but it hasn't. The whole cleansing process is good, but I am having problems cleansing my scalp. the first time i used this i felt a tingle from the mint in the Sweet Almond conditioner. However, I don't feel that anymore but my hair stays clean. Also for me I am switching over to the Cucumber because my scalp is oily, and I have to wash my hair daily even with this. The only grip I have is that it is hard to find the only legitmet places to get it are at wenhaircare.com, QVC.com, and chazdean.com that is his main site. These products are also super expensive, I was hoping that after I ordered mine from the wenhaircare.com, like proactiv their would be a catolouge, nope. Alone the 16oz cost 28 dollars. They have sets on the main chaz site the only problem is that they cost like 70 dollars and don't include the hair masque which alone is 72 bucks. I have to say they sell you on the you only need one product thing but this stuff is REALLY EXPENSIVE!!!!!! I mean kertrease is cheaper and that was always out of reach for me. I have to say though the results wen gives are too good and as long as I space out how many times I buy this like every few months I can afford it. Mostly because after one day I washed my hair with pantene I went right back to wen.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2008 10:08:00 AM More reviews by virginia88

Ok - we have all been hearing we should shampoo less. It always makes my hair grow faster and feel better conditioned when I shampoo less - no matter what the product is BUT.... this WEN stuff makes it feel like you can wash your hair as much as you want! Ok you think it is expensive but it's not as bad as you think. The way it is sent it is way to thick to work with and you will go thru it too fast (which is what they want of course ; ) so take half of it out of the bottle and fill the rest with water, shake. It is so much better. You DO want to use more than you think you need. It does not lather but it does cleanse your hair IF you use enough. I workout alot and it has plenty of cleaning power. MAKE SURE you completely "wash" your hair with water FIRST. Rinse it for atleast 2min. This stuff WILL make your hair better conditioned and grow faster. WHY? Not so much as what is in this product but that you are not stripping your hair of the natural oils that it needs to stay naturally moisturized. We have what we need but we wash it away. So dilute it by half and use ALOT - really working it in. If you use lots of hair products (hairsprays, wax, etc.. you will need to wash your hair with regular shampoo occassionally as the WEN won't be enough to get that crap out. I use a very diluted pantene or nioxin conditioner afterward. Oh and most of the time I wash with wen twice - just feels better. I have had the same bottle for several months and only half way thru. I use it about 3-4/wk. I will kep buying it. HOPEFULLY we will see other brand products in the future doing the same thing. I think this is the only one I know of. Smells great too.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 8:19:00 PM More reviews by AmazingHairCare

WEN is awesome. My hair is in the best condition of my life and it looks amazing especially when I blow dry and style it. If anyone ever needs any advice on how to use WEN please message me and I'd be happy to answer any questions.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by rpietryka

The product itself is great. When I realized they were going to charge me $90 for a 3 month supply (with 3 separate charges), I mailed it back. They charged me 2 installments for a product I don't even have. It's be 5 weeks and I am still waiting for my $60 refund. I just called to complain yet again and I had the ditziest person on the other end.

Buyers beware!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by msclaudia

UPDATE 9/13/2010

I've bumped this down to 3 stars since, although it does work well it is waaaaayyyyyy too expensive to be worth it.

I found an amazing and ridiculously cheap alternative to the Wen and I will never ever be forking over that amount of money anymore. Suave Conditioner (specifically Suave Naturals, and Suave Clarifying conditioner work great). Suave is under $2 a bottle vs. the $40 plus dollars for the wen, you really can't beat that. Not to mention the Suave is available literally everywhere. I use the condition washing method, basically using a ton of the cheap Suave conditioner as a shampoo and then condition/treat as usual. My hair looks and feels fantastic, no stripped, raw, straw-like feeling that I was getting with shampoos, even sulfate free shampoos. I could never understand why my hair felt dry when I literally did NOTHING to it except wash, condition, and air dry. It was always the shampoos, stripping away the lovely softness in my hair. Once in a while when I feel like I'm getting build up I'll use a moisturizing shampoo, but again this is once in a while, like maybe once a month. Daily or frequent shampoo use is a big no no ladies.

**UPDATE 4/30/2009**
This stuff got waaaaaay too pricey, not only is it expensive but you have to use mountains of the stuff to get a proper cleansing, if I had $250 to fork over for a gallon of the stuff I would but I've switched to using shea butter as a deep conditioner and black african soap to shampoo my hair and its done wonders for my dry scalp, I was told I have to use a clarifying rinse once a week so I'm gonna try apple cider vinegar. I put biosilk in while its wet and my hair is shiny and bouncy as ever. That nightmare overlap between using wen and finding black african soap, I used traditional shampoos and they really dried out my scalp and hair and triggered dandruff, I can't go back to them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is one of those infomercial products that actually works! It does everything it claims it does in the infomercial!
THIS IS HG STATUS LADIES!!

I was blessed with straight shiny Asian hair so I never blow dry, flat iron, curl, dye, perm, bleach or do anything damaging to my hair (I don't even use styling products! and I still kinda cringe when my hair dresser blow dries my hair) but my hair has still improved leaps and bounds since giving up traditional shampoo and conditioner. My hair is soft, sleek, shiny, bouncy, voluminous, and healthy looking. Anyone who does my hair always comments on how beautiful and healthy it is but since I started using Wen I'm actually excited to see what my hair dresser will say at my next appointment! Another thing I noticed since I started using Wen, my hair styles itself... yes it styles itself, that bouncy voluminous layered blow dry look is achieved through... doing nothing! I literally just let my hair air dry and voila! Jennifer Aniston-esque layered look without the expensive hair stylist. I definitely attribute this not only to the Wen but to a phenomenal hair cut that keeps its style and shape as it grows out.

I hate that you have to use so much since its so pricey, I try to keep it at 14-18 pumps for my shoulder length hair (I read on here that someone only uses 4-5 pumps for the same length so I'll give it a shot). It's very expensive but very worth it, if you think about the cost of high end shampoos and conditioners it's about the same thing since you only use one product for both cleansing and conditioning. Follow the directions and rinse rinse rinse before and after or else you'll be greasy and gross.The almond mint formula leaves my scalp feeling cool, tingly, and clean as a whistle. I think it's also helping my dry scalp.

I found out that you can also buy it through QVC or through chazdean.com.... They offer bigger bottles which I find appealing... the 12 oz. bottle that came with the infomercial kit is probably only going to last me a month or so...
A little tip if you bought it through the infomercial... Call customer service and say you want to return the product because it makes your hair feel greasy... they'll send you the cucumber formula kit for free! Of course they keep you signed up to that program that sends it to your house every month or two but you can cancel that.

My HG hair product. Will use it till I can't afford it or another company makes a cheaper alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 11:02:00 AM More reviews by adzemacyn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using WEN Almond Fig for about 6 months now - first started with the infomercial web site and then found out that it was less expensive to order through QVC. I also found out that I only need to purchase the styling cream and use that for both cleaning and conditioning. I have super thick, course, curly blonde hair that I color. I have shoulder-length hair and only need to use 5 pumps and then I use one pump as a leave-in conditioner. I love this way of cleansing your hair. My hair color has lasted longer and my hair is not as dry. I will continue to use as this is the best I have found for my hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2008 1:04:00 PM More reviews by melodious

I'm glad to see that so many of you love this product. I have a 16 oz size of the Cucumber Aloe. If anyone loves this, let's swap!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Kimh123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Talk about a "LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP"!!
I have been using this cleansing conditioner along with the styling cream and balm since the first of July. I LOVED IT!! I still LOVE it, my hair from the very first use had never looked soooo good! I have always been a total hair diva and my hair (not to be vain) is very shiny and healthy looking all the time. I did not believe it could look any better until I used the Wen products. My hair was very dark brown (colored) and in August had it bleached to a light brown and had very little damage and I attribute my hair being so strong due to my Wen and due to using the deep conditioner that came with the kit. For the first time I can let my hair air dry and it looks like I had it professionally done. I have long hair with wave. I just twirl it my fingers and go! Now here comes the hate part. I started noticing I was loosing my hair. I had a lot of hair in the drain and in my comb while showering. I tried to ignore it. In the past three weeks it started measuring in handfuls of lost hair, my hair now feels A LOT THINNER!! I couldn't ignore this anymore and went back to shampoo and cond. My hair now is awful when I use my normal stuff, but my hair does not fall out after a couple days of my old routine. It looks dry and frizzy and there is no way I could let it air dry.....so then I give into temptation and go back to my Wen. And then my hair starts falling out in handfuls again. I do not have breakage and the hair is falling out with the root. I am thinking maybe my scalp gets to clogged up when I use the Wen?? If anyone has had hair loss from this product please, please, let me know. I am dying to know if I am insane, am I the only one?? I have found one other person who used the fig that had this problem. I am so torn. I so love my Wen and I so hate my Wen at the same time. Back to my normal routine for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2008 7:17:00 PM More reviews by tabercat

I just used Wen for the first time. I got the large bottle of sweet almond mint from the QVC website. My hair is virgin brown and very fine/fragile. I love WEN! My hair has never looked/felt so healthy, even though I just got a horrible haircut. I have used many pricey shampoos, my former favorite being F.F. Protein Rx, but nothing compares to this. I usually have a ton of frizz and obviously damaged hair, but Wen virtually eliminated the fried look after the first shampoo.