Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

Not tested on animals

This product is "just okay". I cannot use it regularly because like the other reviewer said, it's too much work. I have very thick hair and I will probably empty the bottle in 2 weeks and that's washing my hair every 2 days! I like the way it leaves my hair without any tangles but that's all I get from it. Sorry, Chaz.....

on 4/2/2009 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I must say that I got sucked into the infomercial for this product. I've been in love with using a combination of the Kerastase shampoos and Morrocan Oil Conditioner, Morrocan Oil Style Cream, and Oil. One day I was at home at decided to order this product. Well, I used it last night and immediately loved the silkiness that it gave to my hair. I rinsed and used the remoist mask that came with it as conditioner. Then I rinsed and noticed that I didn't have any tangles when I combed out my hair. I also had minimal shedding, which I normally shed a lot when my hair is wet. Then I applied the styling cream for this line and proceeded to set my hair on rollers and dry it. When I styled it this morning, I used my faithful Morrocan oil and flat ironed to smooth it, and my hair looks so shiny and healthy. It has even been raining here all day and my hair is still smooth and straight and "swingy". I think that I will have to add this to my arsenal of products. It really works wonders for dry, processed hair.

on 3/26/2009 5:49:00 PM

I have been using Wen for about a year now and I absolutely LOVE it but it works best if you alternate with another shampoo/ conditioner ever third washing because it does sort of build up and makes hair flat after the third washing. I have very fine hair that is highlighted. It makes my hair appear so healthy and beautiful I cannot ever imagine using anything else! I started using this product because foiling my hair for highlights was taking its toll on my hair.

on 3/23/2009 9:18:00 PM

I like this product. I have very fine hair and a very oily scalp. I absolutely must shampoo every day and usually use Bumble and Bumble Gentle/Very Rich combo. I would say the advertising for this product is a bit misleading. It's not the holy grail of hair care and you still have to style your hair the way you normally would. I have found that it leaves my hair softer and more manageable though. If I don't rub it into my scalp really well I do find it leaves my hair limp/oily pretty much right away. I will also say that my hair gets oilier faster(it's not too bad though) than it used to with regular shampoo/conditioner, but I like the fact that I can use the product every day without worrying about damaging my hair as much. I will say that for all the "natural" ingredients in the product, there is also a lot of alcohol in it if you check the ingredient list, which tends to be drying and a bit harsh. For the time being anyway, I'm enjoying using this product. It also smells great IMO!

on 2/14/2009 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love WEN. I have been using it for about a year and find that my hair is healthier, much, much easier to style, and full of body. I have a chin-length a-line bob (color-treated) and use 4-5 pumps from the tall QVC bottle (32oz). I wet my hair to make sure it is completely soaked), pile on the WEN, massage for a minute, and leave it on while I am doing the rest of my shower routine (anywhere from 3-10 minutes). Then I take a couple of handfuls of water, massage it into my WEN-soaked hair to loosen everything up, then rinse well. I find it helpful to rub my scalp to make sure that I don't get any flatness at the roots. I finish my hair with 1 pump of WEN styling creme and a blow dry. Never flat, never greasy. A good, vigorous rinse (don't rush it!) is essential. I do supplement with a regular shampoo once a week or so since I do occasionally use mousse or Jonathan Spray Dirt for texture.

on 2/11/2009 1:43:00 AM

Uggh. Never again.

I bought the Wen system based on my sister's raves. Unfortunately, I did not have the same experience my sister had. The $35 for the system (Cleansing Conditioner, Re-Moist treatment, and Texturizing Balm) seemed pretty reasonable - before I used the products and realized they don't perform well. The cleansing conditioner smells wonderful but left my hair limp and lifeless. I decided to use more pumps, but didn't get much improvement. Honestly, I don't want to use half the bottle to get halfway decent results. I also hated how I was automatically sent a new box full of products before I could even send the first one back...

I received this yesterday from QVC and am returning it today. I didn't use it because I do not have the time to use approx 30 pumps to wash my hair in sections and then keep it on for 3-5 minutes. I wish I would have checked MUA before ordering this. It's probably very good - I just can't handle making such a big deal out of washing my hair. I'll stick with Kerastase.

on 12/29/2008 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I rate this product as "meh". I was really excited when I first saw this product on an informercial. I loved that it is made with all natural products and no artificial chemical fillers. I skipped over their website and ordered through amazon. I HIGHLY recommend everyone who's interested in this product does the same. If you order on wen's website you will be sucked into a monthly membership where you are automatically billed & shipped product. It's fantastic if you like the stuff- but if you don't, you have to go through the hassle of cancelling. Try, THEN sign up.

Anyway, I got the bottle and immediately washed my hair. I was imprssed with the nice smell and the texture, but I was unimpressed by how much I had to use on my long hair. In fact, Chaz himself recommends using upwards of 30 pumps for one application!! That's like a quarter of a bottle! I used as much as I felt comfortable with, combed through my hair and let it sit for a few minutes until I rinsed it out. Rinsing seemed to take a little longer than normal, but that was fine.

My hair felt pretty good after it was dry and styled. Not any better than it normally did, but not any worse. I continued to use WEN for about 2 months until my supply ran out. I did notice that some days my hair seemed more limp and oily looking than it should- whether that's due to me not rinsing it out well enough or not I'm not sure. The nice smell didn't last as long as other shampoos/conditioners tend to, and with my hair being curly and dry, I normally do not wash it more than twice a week. I hated feeling like my hair wasn't clean (though it was) and also feeling cheap for not wanting to dump half a bottle on my head every other day.

Overall, I think this product would be great for some people. Especially people with short hair ;) The amount you have to use coupled with the price for one tiny little bottle just doesn't seem worth it. As soon as I ran out I splurged on my old tried and true- Bumble & Bumble. Expensive, but WORTH it!

on 12/24/2008 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is GREAT. I have oily, color treated hair and this cleans it without stripping my color. My blonde color looks great all the time with no fading. It moisturizes wonderfully. Just try it!!

on 12/17/2008 1:29:00 PM

Don't like the product. I bought it on QVC last week and tried the Sweet Almond Mint. Hated the scent first of all. Followed the directions to the tee. When I came out of the shower, thought my hair was clean, but as time went on, it was totally flat with hardly any movement. I have fine above shoulder length dark blonde hair that has to be washed every day because the bangs and top get a little oily.
I washed the product with my Natures Gate shampoo and it still didn't come out. Woke up this morning, and my hair is all oily. The guy has to write 2 paragraphs on how to use a simple hair cleanser!! Whoever has the time to go through all these needless steps for a simple hair wash has too much time on their hands in my opinion!!! I'm returning mine.

Video Reviews & Tutorials