Becca Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

3.9

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Persea Gratissima (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables), Talc, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Myristate, Kaolin, Cocoglycerides, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid, Parfum. May contain: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 7 CI 15850.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Well..this was SHEER indeed!(I bought it in 'Sand')It didn't do much for my skin, as it was very sheer and didn't cover up that redness I sometimes get in my cheeks. However I would recommend it to someone who only requires very light coverage and who may have dry skin (it was fairly moisturising).

My HG of foundation! I could never used foundation before, because everything accentuated my flakey skin. LSC just makes me glow. I crack up now whenever someone tells me how lucky I am that I have such beautiful skin that I don't need to wear foundation. Little do they know. :-)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Yuck. I tried this again and it is yucky. It is just too greasy and heavy for oily skin. I felt like I was wearing a mask.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the bomb fo the woman of color with any oiliness to her skin who doesn't want to wear mineral foundation and doesn't need heavy coverage. The color range is incredible both in terms of shades and tones.
I also like the pump dispenser which saves product and promotes cleanliness.

I don't like wearing heavy foundations, especially in warmer weather so LSC is perfect for me. Don't expect much in terms of coverage, for me it evens out my skin tone and I'm perfectly happy with that. I don't use a primer before putting on the LSC because it's liquid enough, I just moisturise and then apply some of the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector here and there. I really like my LSC.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Unbelievably smooth, healthy-looking skin -- that's what this product delivers. I have decent skin to begin with (thanks, mom) - small pores, even texture, normal to dry. But this takes good to awesome. I haven't worn foundations or tinted moisturizers in the past; they always seemed too heavy. But I've always liked the idea of a base, and thought it a good medium for getting sun protection on my face. This product has a high SPF, and good-for-your-skin ingredients. I love the ease and cleanliness of the pump applicator (one measure does my entire face). And, the choice of shades is incredible. (I'm an LLL, and wear “Nude”.) When used in combination with the Becca Loose Powder (I use "Bisque"), the canvas is set for a perfect face. The two products work so well together, it's almost impossible to tell you're wearing anything! This makes me feel like I've been 'airbrushed'. Yeah, it's that good. :)
Note: This is definitely meant for sheer application, and a normal to dry skin. I wouldn't recommend for oily types or someone who wants full coverage.
continued >>

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I love the LSC! I have it in Tan--My skin isn't problem skin and I don't have acne, just some ocassional blemishes. It's combination skin and I find this product virtually makes my skin GLOW! I touch it off with their Loose Finishing Powder and everyone loves it. They say it looks so natural yet "perfects" my skin. The only thing I don't liek about this product is the pump. I usually use about 2 full pumps when applying with the MAC foundation brush but if you don't need the two full pumps, it can be a pain in the butt. The price is quite reasonable as I guess there is quite some product, but we'll see exactly how long it lasts me. This item doesn't give heavy coverage at all so I wouldn't recommend this to you if you have problem skin and expect it to cover up a lot. It does a really good job in evening skin tone and perfecting a bit. I don't get shine with this and the Loose Finishing Color when it's used with any primer, particularly Becca's and Smashbox's.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

If you have near perfect skin this would make an excellent finishing touch. I found virtually no coverage but it did provide a nice glow. HATE the packaging- the pump drives me crazy.

Ok - so I've read through what other people have said, and OMG, I'm so lucky, I guess. The LSC goes on beautifully on me (I'm cashmere) and I now wear it daily. BUT - the MA at Nordy's SF (his name is Tyler) told me about it, and I have to pass it on. It's NOT a foundation!! I've read so many disappointments about it's "lack of coverage" - it's not supposed to have that much! It's a tinted moisturizer! So, being a moisturizer, it's probably better on dry to normal, but even in my oily patches, their loose powder did the trick. The other thing I learned is, you can layer applications of it for more coverage!! I needed a strong coverage for a wedding I was going to and I used 3 layers total of the LSC and it was still less heavy than 1 layer of any of my real foundations! And I never cracked!!! I think the key is layering if you need it and definitely setting with a loose powder. I love the SSPF, and it does have a tightening feeling, but that's b/c it has firming agents and anti-oxidants in it! And the pump is great - it's measured so tha one squirt is a light application! No need to put any back, it's not much that comes out (the size of a dime) But I do agree, the plastic feels cheap. A friend of mine had to xchange it b/c the plastic cracked up the side. Overall - I'm not switching for awhile.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really like the texture and the long-term effect of this foundation on my dry skin. (My color is Nude.) However, it doesn't really seem like a foundation, more like a tinted moisturizer. I like my foundations to have a little more coverage. I also am not a big fan of pump bottles(what if you pump out too much? You can't get it back in the bottle). Still, it is pleasant to use and provides a nice finish even if the coverage is minimal. Besides the pump, the price ($35USD at my local Nordstrom, although that is for a 1.7 oz, or 50 ml, bottle) precludes it from getting five lipstix.