October 22, 2014 | 2101 users online

Liquid - Becca - Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2003 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Powhatten

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the bomb fo the woman of color with any oiliness to her skin who doesn't want to wear mineral foundation and doesn't need heavy coverage. The color range is incredible both in terms of shades and tones.
I also like the pump dispenser which saves product and promotes cleanliness.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2003 9:55:00 AM More reviews by vrouw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like wearing heavy foundations, especially in warmer weather so LSC is perfect for me. Don't expect much in terms of coverage, for me it evens out my skin tone and I'm perfectly happy with that. I don't use a primer before putting on the LSC because it's liquid enough, I just moisturise and then apply some of the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector here and there. I really like my LSC.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2003 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Honeyblonde

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Unbelievably smooth, healthy-looking skin -- that's what this product delivers. I have decent skin to begin with (thanks, mom) - small pores, even texture, normal to dry. But this takes good to awesome. I haven't worn foundations or tinted moisturizers in the past; they always seemed too heavy. But I've always liked the idea of a base, and thought it a good medium for getting sun protection on my face. This product has a high SPF, and good-for-your-skin ingredients. I love the ease and cleanliness of the pump applicator (one measure does my entire face). And, the choice of shades is incredible. (I'm an LLL, and wear “Nude”.) When used in combination with the Becca Loose Powder (I use "Bisque"), the canvas is set for a perfect face. The two products work so well together, it's almost impossible to tell you're wearing anything! This makes me feel like I've been 'airbrushed'. Yeah, it's that good. :)
Note: This is definitely meant for sheer application, and a normal to dry skin. I wouldn't recommend for oily types or someone who wants full coverage.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2003 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Jenbabae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the LSC! I have it in Tan--My skin isn't problem skin and I don't have acne, just some ocassional blemishes. It's combination skin and I find this product virtually makes my skin GLOW! I touch it off with their Loose Finishing Powder and everyone loves it. They say it looks so natural yet "perfects" my skin. The only thing I don't liek about this product is the pump. I usually use about 2 full pumps when applying with the MAC foundation brush but if you don't need the two full pumps, it can be a pain in the butt. The price is quite reasonable as I guess there is quite some product, but we'll see exactly how long it lasts me. This item doesn't give heavy coverage at all so I wouldn't recommend this to you if you have problem skin and expect it to cover up a lot. It does a really good job in evening skin tone and perfecting a bit. I don't get shine with this and the Loose Finishing Color when it's used with any primer, particularly Becca's and Smashbox's.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2003 7:15:00 PM More reviews by JillyT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you have near perfect skin this would make an excellent finishing touch. I found virtually no coverage but it did provide a nice glow. HATE the packaging- the pump drives me crazy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2003 1:53:00 AM More reviews by SFMakeover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok - so I've read through what other people have said, and OMG, I'm so lucky, I guess. The LSC goes on beautifully on me (I'm cashmere) and I now wear it daily. BUT - the MA at Nordy's SF (his name is Tyler) told me about it, and I have to pass it on. It's NOT a foundation!! I've read so many disappointments about it's "lack of coverage" - it's not supposed to have that much! It's a tinted moisturizer! So, being a moisturizer, it's probably better on dry to normal, but even in my oily patches, their loose powder did the trick. The other thing I learned is, you can layer applications of it for more coverage!! I needed a strong coverage for a wedding I was going to and I used 3 layers total of the LSC and it was still less heavy than 1 layer of any of my real foundations! And I never cracked!!! I think the key is layering if you need it and definitely setting with a loose powder. I love the SSPF, and it does have a tightening feeling, but that's b/c it has firming agents and anti-oxidants in it! And the pump is great - it's measured so tha one squirt is a light application! No need to put any back, it's not much that comes out (the size of a dime) But I do agree, the plastic feels cheap. A friend of mine had to xchange it b/c the plastic cracked up the side. Overall - I'm not switching for awhile.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2003 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Beth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like the texture and the long-term effect of this foundation on my dry skin. (My color is Nude.) However, it doesn't really seem like a foundation, more like a tinted moisturizer. I like my foundations to have a little more coverage. I also am not a big fan of pump bottles(what if you pump out too much? You can't get it back in the bottle). Still, it is pleasant to use and provides a nice finish even if the coverage is minimal. Besides the pump, the price ($35USD at my local Nordstrom, although that is for a 1.7 oz, or 50 ml, bottle) precludes it from getting five lipstix.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2003 4:47:00 PM More reviews by fort

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yup, yup, yup. This is really good stuff. I used to use Stila Liquid Makeup in B but since trying the Becca LSC in Cashmere I think I've switched for good. The finish is almost too gorgeous-- when I put it on I feel like I am modeling in a magazine, all dewy and poreless and natural looking, like those high end ads with a model with lots of messy hair cascading over her dewy face. You know what I mean. When I first tried the LSC at Nordstrom I was worried because it felt really greasy, but I think that was because the SA put too much on. When I got it home I applied more sparingly and didn't have trouble with heaviness. I just ordered the Becca Fine Loose Powder in Sesame to set it and that is great too.

Postscript: been using this for two weeks now... still like it. It is hella oily, though, and I seem to have broken out a little from it in my T-zone, which is my dangerzone when it comes to products. I'm hoping that with daily exfoliation and good skin care I can keep using the Becca and keep the breakouts to a minimum.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2003 11:57:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

I love this foundation. It is almost a TM cause the wear is so sheer. i use camel (NC30) and the color works well for me. Gives skin that dewy glow but not a greasepit. I do not recommend this for people with really oily skin though. No breakouts from this either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2003 10:15:00 AM More reviews by jalin

This is so sheer I have no idea what color I really should purchase. 3 of them looked fine, with no discernable difference. I like that it is so sheer and natural looking but it did feel a tad heavy for having such light coverage. I could see this 'separating' on oilier skin, even if you set it with powder, but it was fine on my combo skin. I could have done without the smell, though! So...a mixed bag.