December 22, 2014 | 920 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by xosimplyrandomxo

So as most ELF products, this is a dollar. It's a two sided clear gel for lashes and eyebrows.

I use this to groom my eyebrows and it does work but it definitely does not last long. I also use it on my lashes after I've applied my eyeshadow because I tend to have fallouts and for some reason they get onto my eyelashes too. I don't use mascara (and maybe someday I will...when I get up off my lazy butt and buy an eyelash curler) so I needed something to get the powder off..

and this stuff really works. It doesn't sting my eyes and yes, I'll admit it's almost like putting water on my lashes.. but for a dollar..it's pretty good. The powder is off immediately and my natural lashes return!

I would definitely buy this again..for everyday use. Nothing special but it works so..

Hope that helps!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This clear mascara keeps my eyebrow hair in place but it doesnt really last that long. The good news is that it doesnt flake but for a dollar, you cant beat the price. This does nothing to my lashes so i took off another lippie for that. This is only an average product, nothing really to rave about.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 5:19:00 PM More reviews by flcndvsx

My eyelashes are naturally long and full, I just like to have that extra push every now and then. I use either this or Jane hi-fiber clear mascara on days when I just don't want to wear much makeup. I like the different brushes for brow and lashes, but I never use it to shape brows. I use both brushes on my lashes, and It works good for separation. This is one of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by iheartproducts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The perfect brow gel/ clear mascara. Double ended tube for lashes and brows (more sanitary and different brushes), great formula that doesn't turn white on your eyebrows, and the brush deposits just enough to keep brows in place without feeling sticky. it's better than any expensive brand i've tried and far superior to drug store brands which are hard to find anyway. i buy these in multiples now b/c they are so great!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 1:25:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Well, what can you expect for a dollar? Did nothing whatsoever to hold my brows in place and the mascara seemed wet on my lashes. I would have rather took my dollar to Wendy's for a Frosty!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by cavvie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing spectacular, but a nice brush for taming brows and the gel does the job. I don't use it on my lashes, seems a little dangerously close to hair gel, but it works for the brows just fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by lilbbybrat

I love using it to tame my brows. However, I have short asian lashes, therefore I use a black mascara to make them look longer and fuller. I would definitely, and have, purchased this item again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2008 2:54:00 AM More reviews by saartjesmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great product only because it is super cheap and gets the job done of taming eyebrows, period. I don't suggest it for use on eyelashes because as another reviewer said, it will sting or burn. Why, you ask? Look at the ingredient list: it's basically hair gel in a little tube with a wand. Also, be careful not to use it on days where you will get wet or sweat a lot, because it will run down into your eyes.

A warning/piece of advice: after only a few months of use the "brow" end of the tube turned this murky color - it could just be from air bubbles from taking out and replacing the wand, but for safety's sake I switched over to the "lash" end. From doing this I discovered that the "lash" end is much better than the "brow" brush at applying this stuff to your brows, because the fluffier rectangular brow brush deposits too much gel which makes them look stiff and unnatural. Overall, worth the price, especially if you only use it for one of its intended two uses (twice the product!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 9:30:00 AM More reviews by lena1two3

I like this a lot better than another clear mascara I've tried, I don't really use it as a mascara, more of a brow groomer, and it works fine. It looks a lot more natural than the max factor one I got.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2008 6:41:00 PM More reviews by mzxtine

This is actually a cool product that is worth the price of $1! If you are into making your own colored brows and colored mascaras, then this is it! I like to mix it with my mineral make-up and then get a color I like to put on my lashes the most. Have fun experimenting like I am!