Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

3.9

******NEW FORMULA: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane CrosspolymerSilica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ci 77019/Mica, Ci 77491/Iron Oxide, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 75470/Carmine.

on 10/7/2006 9:05:00 AM

I had a Clarins makeover, including this product. I have very large pores. I was impressed at how imperfections disappeared once foundation was applied. (By the way Clarins True Comfort Foundation is great). This may be a bit heavy for summer if you are oily. As someone said, this is similar to EL Idealist but only $30 in Canada vs $60 for the Idealist. This also seemed to fill in the fine lines around my lips and eyes. One of Clarins best products, IMO. If you're curious, I'm sure the Clarins SA would spoon out a small sample, they are great for their sampling policy.

on 10/4/2006 7:14:00 PM

I just can't get the hang of this product. I'm used to using the Monistat with a mineral MMU over top. After being on here reading reviews last night, I figured I'd give it another shot. To be fair, I did try a new foundation today also (Age Perfect) which probably didn't help matters any. Anyhow, by mid-day when I'd touch my face, I didn't like the way it felt at all. Not greasy, but not powdery soft either which is what I'm used to. It also didn't stay matte on me. I also noticed the beginning of two pimples and I rarely if ever break out unless it's product related. I have dry skin and I can't stand feeling "slick" in any way shape or form.

My face did look "softer" when I first put the Clarins on, but when I put the foundation over top, it looked like I had little pink dots on my nose as you could see where the Clarins sat in every pore. I ended up wiping my nose off and reapplying the makeup there with the monistat underneath.

It's too late for me to return this one. Live and learn.

Lorraine

on 10/4/2006 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this make my pores less noticeable. I use this without foundation and my skin looks smoother w/ smaller pores.this is similar to lauder's idealist but much cheaper at $26.

Unlike many people who have reviewed this product on MakeupAlley, I didn't read any reviews before purchasing. I was in my local chemist and was walking around as I do looking at all the new products that had come out. I had read about this in a mag before launch so went up to the counter to try. I have to say, I was very skeptical before testing, as that many products say they are miraculous and instant. However, I have one frown mark next to my brows (a remnant of shingles 20 years ago!). I tried a small amount out of the tub and the line disappeared before my very eyes. I walked around before purchase for a few hours to see if it would last. I've used Estees Idealist and Loreals collagen filler, but neither have given me the same results. Also, I used this on holiday in Malaysia and Singapore which is one of the hottest and humid climates you can get, with no breakout (I have combination skin). My advice is to try to test it on your own skin as everyone is different. It's the first clarins product I've bought and I am converted. Also, the price of £20.00 sterling in the UK is very good value for Clarins and this type of product. Would definately repurchase and hope they never ever ever dare to discontinue this product.

on 9/14/2006 6:09:00 AM

This product become one of my staple. I put it after moisturizer, wait for awhile and apply foundation. Amazing ! My skin look great and I don't use any concealer. Even my stubborn dark undereye vanished. One day, I only use powder foundation and still look great. My only cons is the tiny spatula. I lost it, so I must use my pinky finger. Overall, definitely buy again !!

Just AWFULL! THIS STUFF IS LIKE THICK WALL PUDDY! My skin could not breath, and started to break out something awfull. Also, when I used it in any area where my face moves (under eyes) etc... throughout the day when I smiled I could see the primer separate and made any fine lines look worse. If I could give this product 0 lippies I would. Never again.

on 9/7/2006 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love foundation primers and it's a toss-up for me whether I like this better than the Smashbox Photo Finish which has been a staple in my makeup bag for a while now. The Clarins is great because it is thicker and has heavier coverage and doesnt just fill in pores but also smooths out areas on my face that seem kind of rough to me. It does FEEL a bit heavier too, though, so I alternate between my two types depending on what I am doing. Itypically don't like things that come in small pots because i have long nails but Clarins at least includes a little spatula with your purchase so it doesnt get my goat like other products. Overall, I think this is a great primer and will definitely purchase again.

on 8/30/2006 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I don't really care for this as an under-makeup primer because, although it works as well as other silicone-based primers, I'm not a fan of how thick it is. For all-over usage I like a thinner primer, like Smashbox Photo Finish.But, I've found some other great uses for Perfecting Touch! It's great to keep in the purse for late-day undereye touch-ups. Just a wee bit patted under the eye to help blend in fresh concealer keeps the layers of makeup from looking old and cakey. Also it's an instant line softener. Now its solid texture works to its advantage because a smaller amount can be put in a sample jar without worries that it'll spill. continued >>

on 8/22/2006 1:36:00 PM

Excellent primer!!! I went by reviews on here (as usual) before making a purchase. In Sephora the SA told me she kept hearing great things about this product as well. I don't usually pay so much for this sort of thing but figured if it was as good as I had read then it would be worth it to me. It was and is. Def. repurchase. Goes on very smooth, kind of melts into your skin...you wait a couple of minutes (according to directions) before applying foundation. I use a powder foundation and then concealer over this. I really notice a difference when I use this vs. a few days here and there when I don't. My makeup goes on so much better and smoother...my "face" just looks more put together and even toned. Love this product!!! Comes in a small red jar which given the rate you have to use this, I would imagine lasts quite a while. It comes w/ a little plastic applicator/spatula.

on 8/11/2006 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

ISPT imparts a soft-focused, angelic look to my face. It takes no effort to put it on as it glides onto skin, doesnt slide, and clings onto it throughout wear. After a few minutes, I pat on some pressed foundation powder around T-zone, and the result is flawless complexion. I have tried the Laura Mercier Primer, and in comparison, ISPT is easier on pocket and has better staying power and finish. Second to none! :)

Popular Primer/ Correctors