July 30, 2014 | 1969 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clarins - Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 12:43:00 PM More reviews by westcoastgirl

Just AWFULL! THIS STUFF IS LIKE THICK WALL PUDDY! My skin could not breath, and started to break out something awfull. Also, when I used it in any area where my face moves (under eyes) etc... throughout the day when I smiled I could see the primer separate and made any fine lines look worse. If I could give this product 0 lippies I would. Never again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2006 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Cland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love foundation primers and it's a toss-up for me whether I like this better than the Smashbox Photo Finish which has been a staple in my makeup bag for a while now. The Clarins is great because it is thicker and has heavier coverage and doesnt just fill in pores but also smooths out areas on my face that seem kind of rough to me. It does FEEL a bit heavier too, though, so I alternate between my two types depending on what I am doing. Itypically don't like things that come in small pots because i have long nails but Clarins at least includes a little spatula with your purchase so it doesnt get my goat like other products. Overall, I think this is a great primer and will definitely purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2006 4:18:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't really care for this as an under-makeup primer because, although it works as well as other silicone-based primers, I'm not a fan of how thick it is. For all-over usage I like a thinner primer, like Smashbox Photo Finish.But, I've found some other great uses for Perfecting Touch! It's great to keep in the purse for late-day undereye touch-ups. Just a wee bit patted under the eye to help blend in fresh concealer keeps the layers of makeup from looking old and cakey. Also it's an instant line softener. Now its solid texture works to its advantage because a smaller amount can be put in a sample jar without worries that it'll spill. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2006 1:36:00 PM More reviews by cassidyrae

Excellent primer!!! I went by reviews on here (as usual) before making a purchase. In Sephora the SA told me she kept hearing great things about this product as well. I don't usually pay so much for this sort of thing but figured if it was as good as I had read then it would be worth it to me. It was and is. Def. repurchase. Goes on very smooth, kind of melts into your skin...you wait a couple of minutes (according to directions) before applying foundation. I use a powder foundation and then concealer over this. I really notice a difference when I use this vs. a few days here and there when I don't. My makeup goes on so much better and smoother...my "face" just looks more put together and even toned. Love this product!!! Comes in a small red jar which given the rate you have to use this, I would imagine lasts quite a while. It comes w/ a little plastic applicator/spatula.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2006 10:40:00 AM More reviews by doeeyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ISPT imparts a soft-focused, angelic look to my face. It takes no effort to put it on as it glides onto skin, doesnt slide, and clings onto it throughout wear. After a few minutes, I pat on some pressed foundation powder around T-zone, and the result is flawless complexion. I have tried the Laura Mercier Primer, and in comparison, ISPT is easier on pocket and has better staying power and finish. Second to none! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2006 7:40:00 PM More reviews by MissMelissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Clarins products. I didn't buy this to use as a primer. I just don't like them. My trusted Clarins SA steered me to this item for the lines under my eyes. I'm in my early 30's and am seeing the first fine lines under my eyes. My SA told me that this would be perfect for pumping out the lines, (which she always says that she can't see anyways!) I put a bit under my eyes and it did smooth them a bit, but so does every other primer I've used. Well... she told me that the primer had special micro spheres that would plump out and fill in lines as time went on and it would look better and better. So I bought it, of course, she's always right! I tried it by itself, under concealer, under foundation, over eye cream, instead of eye cream, blah blah blah. Nothing. It wasn't any different then any other silicone based primer. Also, it's in some kind of weird solid form, and even though it says "oil-free", whatever is in it that helps it hold it's shape can be pore-clogging. And I'm not big on any product in a jar. I really wanted to like it! I was disappointed. It might work well as a primer, but it didn't work so good for me. The good thing is that I did return it and buy something else that I really liked. MORE Clarins=)haha

I see there's some great reviews for it, now and I'm happy it's working out for so many of you:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2006 2:46:00 PM More reviews by citruskiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first review, and I bought the Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch after reading some of the reviews here. I really like this product - I've gone from feeling like my skin didn't look so great to glancing at myself in a mirror and seeing flawless-looking, smooth skin. It makes my liquid makeup disappear on my skin, so much so that I don't look like I'm wearing makeup at all. Pores are much less noticeable, and I've found that my skin looks good all day long.

I think this product makes my makeup last longer, since I don't see that late afternoon shiny-ness on my nose or chin and I never feel like I need to touch up with powder before going out. Furthermore, this product feels very comfortable on my skin, no greasiness and no feeling like my makeup is sliding off my face towards the end of the day.

One thing I will say is that if you're using a daytime moisturizer/sunscreen - put that on first and let it absorb into your skin first before applying the Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch. Yes, it's an extra step, but well worth the $$ and the few extra seconds to apply Instant Smooth prior to makeup. I didn't see a huge difference in my bare skin with this product, but I really noticed a dramatic improvement once I applied my makeup. Oh..and it doesn't seem to matter whether I use liquid makeup or powder based makeup - the Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch makes either type of makeup work better and last longer.

I would liken this product to a conditioner for skin, smoothing away litle flaws and giving skin better "slip" so to speak. After applying Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch, makeup just glides over my skin, and doesn't settle into those little lines or "catch" on rougher areas of my face. I can't see any lines and I can't see my pores anymore!

This is a great product.

Not crazy about the teeny, tiny little spatula that comes with the tiny little red jar (feel like I might lose it), but with such a small jar and such a thick product, the spatula is necessary. You need to scoop up some of the product onto the spatula and then use your ring or pinky finger to sort of dot the product onto your face, and then smooth away little lines and pores. Like I said, you won't notice that much of a difference until you apply makeup of some kind. But when you do put on your makeup, you'll see a really big difference in the way the makeup works and in the way your skin looks - my skin truly looks flawless now.

Very happy with this - give it a try if you're in your late 30's and feeling like your skin just doesn't look as good anymore. This product will make a difference.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2006 2:00:00 PM More reviews by MisseKast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thought I loved this product but after two months of using it and consistently breaking out, it dawned on me that it was this primer. Once I stopped, my face has been consistently clear. For those who's skin it doesn't break out, it's a great product, it gives skin a "soft-focus" and put together look, you almost don't even need any other skin makeup. Great product but didn't agree with my skin....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2006 10:26:00 AM More reviews by tracita

I am in love with this!!! It really smooths out my laugh lines and fills in the pores around my nose and cheeks. I love the consistency, I've had no breakouts and a little bit goes a long way. Prior to trying this, I had been using the Smashbox Filter pen alongside with select PhotoFinish primers. Those products did a good job but I did find I had the "balling up on the skin" problem with the Dermaxyl PhotoFinish if I wasn't careful with application. I still dig the original PhotoFinish along with the bronzing PhotoFinish but Clarins Instant Smooth is going to be a part of my daily routine for line and pore filling. $26 but like I mentioned before, a little bit goes the mile.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2006 1:05:00 AM More reviews by jennifer36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After being on a HG primer hunt for months I have settled down with this. I am 37 with dryish skin, some wrinkles, large pores. I mix a DROP of this with a DROP of Clarins True Comfort Foundation and find that its probably as good as its ever going to get. I tried to put this down first then foundation on top of it but mixing it up as the directions say you can try works best for me. I will still try out other primers but this one feels soft, smooth, moisturizing, thick (as in fills wrinkles and pores pretty well). I probably would not go with this if you have oily skin. I use the clarins powder to set this.