Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.3

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I swear I have an individual makeup product for each individual part of the eye... This is what I use to line the inner rims, because it's the onliest thing that's gonna stay on! Two coats and I'm good!

on 3/16/2005 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm hopeless w/liquid e/l so this one is my saviour. It gives abt the same wet-look as a liquid e/l, but is much easier to apply IMO. Great stayingpower as well.

on 3/2/2005 12:41:00 PM

Awesome product...I finally found a product that does not flake or smear, even when I use it to line the rim of my eye. Hallalujah -Bobbi, you are the best!

on 2/11/2005 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Unfortunately, I was allergic to this product. It made my eyes itch and water terribly and I'm not generally prone to cosmetic allergies.

Even without the allergy, I still wasn't thrilled with this liner. I found it a pain to get a really nice line with it and I was never able to really master a technique that worked for me.

I much prefer the Laura Mercier Cake Eyeliners...the line was much more sophisticated and I experienced no adverse reaction.

on 2/6/2005 10:11:00 AM

I love this. Its great. I find it easy to apply using a slanted brush. Depending on the application can be really subtle or more dramatic.

I use this to line the top and bottom lashes and find it lasts for hours without smudging or flaking.

I will definately repurchase and in fact am in the process of getting more colourful shades. If and when this one runs out I'll definately rebuy but probably as a CP as in Australia it is ridiculously expensive.

on 2/2/2005 4:00:00 AM

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! anyhow it's my favorite eyeliner in the whole world and is a complete staple. i find it to be very resistant to smudging and the pigmentation is fabulous. it's easy to apply once you get the hang of using the brush- and i recommend the fine eyeliner brush from bobbi brown as well as the bristles are stiff enough to give a precise line and it's super easy to use..

on 1/29/2005 11:03:00 AM

Although I'd buy this product again, I was nonethless disappointed. The gel had great staying power, but very little working time to blend a nice smooth thin lash line. Further, it was not very dark unless several coats were applied or a heavy hand is used. If it did not dry so quickly i would have rated this a 5. I plan to try other gel liners and compare, though as they are all quite expensive so it may be a while before i report back.

on 1/25/2005 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Great product!! It's a true black that stays put all day without smudging or disappearing under my eyes! I find it's easier to apply with a push brush rather than other brushes like BB's Ultra Fine eyeliner brush or Stila's #4, but those brushes would be great if you want a thicker line. I'm definitely going to get more colors!

on 1/19/2005 11:39:00 PM

This is a great product that works really well even for me - a person that could not apply liquid liner to save her life. But alas my sensitve eyes would not have it. It irritates my eyelids leaving a pink line after my careful removal - and the lovely pink line lasts for days :( This Black liner is dark and intense and looks great. So for those that can use it go for it. I use the BB extra fine liner brush but any good one should work.

on 1/7/2005 1:09:00 PM

Just ran out today & bought this.Love this!! I can't believe such a product is made.This is a dream come true for a girl who loves her black liner,thank.you BB :O)