Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.2

on 9/23/2005 12:29:00 AM

Awesome eyeliner! Works the best on my eyes! Makes a thin line so you can still see my eyelashes! I recieved this in a swap and it is one of the best swaps I have ever made. I cant believe how well this applies, it is TRUE blackest black not grey like other fluidliners I have tried... I am in love with this liner. I use a slanted eyeliner brush, and a little goes a long way. ;)

on 9/20/2005 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use this product solely for tightlining and it's adequate at best. While this does stays a true inky black, I end up with raccoon eyes by the end of the day. I don't like to use it as a regular liner; I find the texture difficult to work with. continued >>

on 8/12/2005 2:14:00 AM

I think maybe the Black Ink is too dark for my complexion- it's truly black and can sometimes look harsh. I might try one of the lighter shades. I've tried pencils and liquids and this is the easiest to apply - even for an eyeliner idiot like myself. I apply this with my MAC #209 brush and it works well. It dries very quickly so be careful about making mistakes. Excellent quality and texture.

on 7/2/2005 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this eyeliner so much. I use it when I go out clubbing and it does not smudge, rub off, or run at all. It's a true black color, not almost black. I use a brush that I got from Michael's to apply this. It works fine, even though I've heard that the Bobbi Brown brush made for this is the best. When I apply this to my lashline, I have to keep my eye closed for a minute so it can dry, or else it will appear on my eyelid. This product comes in a tiny pot, but it has a ton of product in it. A little definitely goes a long way with this product. I've had the same pot for 1.5 years and I'm not even close to finishing it. This product has not dried out on me like for some people. I keep the lid on tightly and never leave it laying out, etc.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great liner because it doesn't budge at all, and it isn't a pain like Revlon Colorstay to remove. Black is a true true black and it makes my eyes pop. However, maybe it's the cheapo eyeliner brush I am using but it also flakes a tiny bit and that irritates my eyes. I'll try this with a better quality brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I am Asian with hooded eyelids, so I've been on a life-long search for an eyeliner that doesn't crease, and this is the best I've found. I first tried applying it with my angled eyeliner brush, and this was really tedious. I've been using Stila's #4 brush, which seems to work pretty well, though when I get some money I'd like to try BB's ultra fine eye liner brush that's made for the product. I use Benefit f.y. eye as a base, and I'm sure that that helps the liner not to crease too.

on 4/28/2005 7:50:00 PM

Wonderful! My HG eyeliner. Lasts through a night of dancing, drinking, and sweating (sometimes even crying) and still looks beautiful. If you get the right slanted eyeliner brush this can be applied in the most elegant thin line. Amazing!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I swear I have an individual makeup product for each individual part of the eye... This is what I use to line the inner rims, because it's the onliest thing that's gonna stay on! Two coats and I'm good!

on 3/16/2005 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm hopeless w/liquid e/l so this one is my saviour. It gives abt the same wet-look as a liquid e/l, but is much easier to apply IMO. Great stayingpower as well.

on 3/2/2005 12:41:00 PM

Awesome product...I finally found a product that does not flake or smear, even when I use it to line the rim of my eye. Hallalujah -Bobbi, you are the best!