Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 8/27/2011 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is AMAZING!!! I heard about this from a friend and then came on MUA and saw that people generally love it. So, I was in a Sprouts Market the other day and bought a tub for $7.68. It's basically an extremely finely milled dry clay. Per the instructions, mix it with Apple Cider Vinegar or water until it's a paste and then slather it onto your face. On the label, it says that your face will "pulse" and that happens about 20 min. in. I didn't have a lot of trouble getting this off...I mean, it takes some time, but it came off pretty easily for me. And I was left with red (this goes away) but very smooth, clean skin. I did this last Sat. night and have used it twice since then and I truly believe it has improved the texture of my skin and it seems to be evening my skin tone. I can't say enough how much I love this stuff -- it works beyond my expectations and it's very inexpensive (the tub will last FOREVER....I only needed a spoonful for my face). Oh, the instructions say this, but make sure you use a non-reactive (i.e., NOT metal) bowl to mix this in and use something other than a metal spoon to mix it (I used a plastic spoon). Five lippies for sure and if I could, I'd give it more! The only thing that I don't like about it is that it's not widely available -- I have only seen this in Whole Foods, Sprouts, Vitamin Shop. I'm sure it's in other stores, but I could not find it in any regular supermarket or drug store. But that's almost a non-gripe because like I said, one tub of this stuff will last you months and months and months!! :)

Ohhhhhh this stuff. I can't sing the praises enough! I'd been to the Vitamin Shoppe plenty of times to get multivitamins and always passed by this stuff thinking it was hoakey. The label, the promise of "the world's most powerful facial," everything about it just screamed "waaasstte of money!!!" However, this one day I just caved, becuase I was dying of curiosity and OMG I'm glad I did. Bentonite clay is a gem. It's natural healing properties are incredible, and it's great for acne prone skin. My only suggestion is that after you use it to moisturize moisturize moisturize, and also leave it on for longer than it says on the label and to apply more than a thin layer to get the ultimate drawing properties out of it. Great stuff, and a whole tub for $8? Can't beat it. Really, you can't. Everybody needs this in their skin care arsenal, even guys! :)

on 8/16/2011 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought this product along with some Apple Cider Vinegar at my local Vitamin Shoppe, but it's also available at Whole Foods. It was $7.95 USD + tax. I've used it twice in the last week and it's been keeping my face pretty clear of acne and accelerates the healing process. It smells awful when mixed together, but I don't mind the smell of something as long as it works. I think it hurts when it dries on my face and I really don't like the pulsating. However, my face feels super clean and soft afterwards. I usually eyeball it so I'm not sure how many tablespoons I use. It bubbles up when mixed with the ACV and is a dark green color. I use a plastic spoon and mix it in a plastic container since it indicates that you should not use anything metal. I apply it with a flat foundation brush because I just don't like touching it. It gets quite messy so it's best to lay down some paper towels. Also, I like to shower right afterwards so it's easier to get all of it off. I haven't tried it on anything but my face because the packaging is intimidating. I feel like I'll get cancer from sniffing too much of it...but that's just me being paranoid, I suppose. I've never had a mask like this one and it's great if you don't mind having to mix it.

on 8/16/2011 1:21:00 AM

this is a great product for those seeking treatment for the skin without heavy duty chemicals and other nasties. i find this mask to be wonderful for clogs, blackheads and whiteheads. it seems to almost suck the junk out of your pores, and it certainly feels like it is doing just that, as this sucker hurts when it dries and tightens up. i mix with acv and leave on until dry, about half and hour. my skin is red as all hell after for an hour or so, but my skin feels smooth as a babys butt when i wake up in the morning :) this stuff is a pain in the butt to mix together and clean the tools you used to mix it afterwards, but i suppose its a small price to pay. even my hyper-masculine SO loves it!

on 8/16/2011 1:08:00 AM

So I've been using this product for about 2 months. It works great on blackheads!! They literally clear up my blackheads overnight. I spot treat them with just a dab overnight.But for acne not so much...just a minimal difference for me. I've tried this brand, but I also tried another brand which was much superior to this aztec one. Its also great as a mask...really cleanses the face.

on 8/5/2011 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this Indian Healing Clay. I didn't have apple cider vinegar so I tried mixing the clay with water, tea, and milk. Mixing with water and tea results in a clumpy mess so it was hard to spread on the face. The milk provided the best consistency. I spread the mask on my face with a foundation brush because I can get an even application.

Using the clay has helped get rid of so many blackheads on my face (especially my nose). It has also helped the eczema on my cheeks! I am so happy because a lot of the redness and itchiness is gone.

The clay also works great on eye milia. Since the clay worked out so well for my other skin problems, I thought it would work for this as well. It wouldn't hurt to try. I mixed a pinch of clay with milk and applied it to the spot. After two times of doing that, the milia is gone!

During the summer when I get mosquito bites, I mix some clay with water and apply it on the bites. Let it dry and then wash it off. After that, I rub a banana peel on them and they are magically gone. I promise it works!!

I love this clay and I would recommend everyone to try it.

on 7/31/2011 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is ok. I use it twice a week, on my t-zone. I don't really see much of a difference, except that it is the only product that actually takes the blackheads on my nose COMPLETLEY. I would/will keep buying it just for that.
I got 2 angry pimples when I purchased this (not related to use of the product) and I spot treated them with it... and to be honest, I felt like it made them worse. I put it on one pimple that was reluctanty to heal, and it was gone the next day. So I will update if anything fantastic comes of this, but for now, it gets a 3 on my scale. Also, I didn't have a hard time removing this at all... a little warm water and it comes right off. I mix mine with ACV and coat iton pretty think and it still washes right off.

on 7/28/2011 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A staple in my skin routine! It reduces my acne and I can see the results right away. When I had moderate acne, I used it about once a week until my acne cleared up. Now I only use it when I am looking for a deep clean or my skin acts up. I feel like the only negative reviews here are the individuals who had an allergic reaction to this. Before you try a more expensive brand or Glamglow, try this out first. I have never tried Glamglow since I am so impressed with this one, I have no desire to.
My local grocery store, HEB, sells this as well as Vitamin Shoppe and amazon sells this. Therefore it is readily availible. I will repurchase.

on 7/24/2011 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My esthetician started using this on me in lieu of the Dermalogica I was using... it worked better and is much cheaper. Mix equal parts of the clay with apple cider vinegar (ACV) in a glass dish with a non-metal spoon (I just use a clean foundation brush). I also add a couple drops of lavender essential oil, which takes care of the vinegar odor and adds a soothing quality to the mask. I paint it on with a clean foundation brush and leave on for about 15 minutes. I scrub off with a hot washcloth, then splash with cool water. This clay can clog drains, so I rinse my washcloth in the tub (bigger drain) and wipe out the dish with paper towels, disposing of the extra mix in the trash rather than in the sink. First time I used this, I stayed clear for 2 weeks- not a blemish in sight.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin that will break out if anything even comes near it. I discovered this product on Amazon after seeing that it had over a hundred rave reviews. After reading all the hype about this mask all over the web, I had to try it, so I ran out to Whole Foods early in the morning to get my hands on a tub of this stuff. After using it for the first time last night, I can tell you that this mask lives up to all the hype. It is the BEST mask ever! I can't believe how cheap it was, too- only $7 for a 1lb tub!

This clay is amazing. My skin looks soooo good- I didn't think it did much at first but when I woke up this morning it looked like I had gotten a facial! My pores, which can usually be seen from space, were invisible. Any pimples that I had picked were almost completely healed (which usually takes 2 weeks for me!), cystic zits were just barely there and were reduced to tiny bumps. My complexion was even toned and my skin was as smooth as a baby's butt. Before using this, I had a bunch of lumps and bumps on my face (clogged pores that were all turning into pimples) and this morning they were GONE. I cannot recommend this product enough.

Also, I couldn't find Braggs organic apple cider vinegar so I had to use the regular watered-down ACV from Ralph's but I think it would've worked even better if I had used the raw, full-strength stuff. The acid is what makes it pull tight, and the ACV I bought was only 5% acidity.

After rinsing this off my face with warm water, I washed with my L'Oreal RevitaLift Radiant Smoothing cleanser and then applied my AcneFree 3-in-1 Night Repair Foam and my Neutrogena Firming Moisturizer. My skin looks amazing and I highly recommend this, it's like a facial in a jar! (I also recommend exfoliating afterwards to slough off all the gunk in your pores that this mask brings to the surface.)

Popular Masks