LUSH Lemony Flutter

4.2

Quantitative Ingredients * Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), * Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), * Beeswax (Cera alba), * Lanolin, * Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), * Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), * Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum), * Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), * Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, * Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), * Perfume, * Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), * Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera), * Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), * Sodium Borate, * Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), * *Citral, * Geraniol, * *Citronellol, * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Methylparaben, * Propylparaben.

on 1/6/2008 8:19:00 AM

This was my very first Lush purchase and I am so pleased! While lurking in the Nail board looking at cuticle treatment posts, I saw a whole lot of MUAers recommend this. I was excited because they just opened a Lush here in Linköping and it's nearly impossible for me to find Burt's Bees anywhere. So I rushed over to Lush and snatched up the very last one they had, lucky me!

The packaging is very easy to open/close and a little of this wonderful stuff goes a long way so the 50g will last me a long time, I feel it's worth the price. I agree with others that the lemon scent is a tiny bit off, but it doesn't bother me to the point where I wouldn't use it. The cream is very rich and it does an amazing job keeping my cuticles moisturized. I will definitely repurchase when this runs out. Thanks MUA Nail board!

on 12/16/2007 2:10:00 AM

As mentioned before by a previous reviewer, I found the lemon scent to be a bit too synthetic and slightly "off". The product itself was very thick and left my fingers really, really greasy. That is the reason why I only use it at night. Also, I didn't notice much difference after using this...maybe it's because my cuticles aren't dry/cracked/damaged enough in the first place? Unfortunately, I wasn't wowed by this product and still have 80% of a pot left so I will not repurchase.

on 11/19/2007 2:52:00 AM

This is one of my favourite Lush products! What first tempted me to buy it was the smell. I love the lemon scent, it's a little sweet and not overly strong. It does wonders for my hands and my feet as well.

It may seem a bit pricey for a cuticle cream, but you get a good amount and the tub lasts forever. A little goes a long way with this stuff!

on 10/17/2007 6:30:00 PM

This is my "can't live without" product... I mainly use this on my feet, I live in flip flops year round, and it does wonders. Plus, this product is a great replacement for patrolium jelly... you can use it on your feet, hands, lips, elbows, and anywhere you may need extra moisture. I'm not a huge fan of lemon sented products, but this is kind of a sweet lemony smell, I actually think it smells rather divine.

on 10/10/2007 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

My husband came home with this for me one night after walking by a Lush store. Since I'm always complaining about my dry cuticles he bought something he thought might help. Well, he was right. This product is divine. It's currently replaced my Burt Bee's Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme. Lush's Lemony Flutter is a nice, thick butter that sinks into your driest parts and moisturizes them so they are soft and healthy looking.The pot is quite large, but small enough to carry with me in my purse. I'm sure it will last a long time even being used 3-4X a day. It's rich enough that a dab will do you, but careful if you have a hangnail or cut. It will sting a wee bit. Overall, great product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this stuff, but I didn't. This stuff didn't soften my cuticles or skin and has an overpowering scent not too mention wayyyyy to greasy!!! I love LUSH but feel like they missed the mark on this one :(

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Lemony Flutter is a super softening cuticle butter...It softens cuticles, helps to lighten and brighten the nail bed, and also is great on callouses, heels, lips, and anywhere else you have dry, cracked skin. Also good for taming flyaways!
Because lemon is acidic, it might hurt if you get them in your hangnails, so try to avoid that!
Otherwise, superb product. Something you should always have in your purse, and it will last you FOREVER!

on 8/24/2007 3:39:00 PM

I do love this stuff, as I'm a sucker for thick, buttery lotions. With the lemon though, it's problematic for my frequently scratched-up fingers.

on 8/16/2007 2:03:00 AM

This product is SUCH good value for money! The container it comes in it huge, it's about 50ml, and when you consider that most cuticle creams are 15mls, and then factor the price into that ($14.95 AUD I believe) it is money very well spent!
The scent is strong, sweet and lemony. I'm not a huge fan of lemon scents so it was never a scent I was going to love, but I don't hate it either. It does such a beautiful job of moisturising and keeping my cuticles beautiful that I would probably still apply it generously if it smelt like capsicum (my kryptonite!).
It absorbs quickly enough that I can use it sneakily between customers at work and not spread lemony butter over everything.
I definitely recommend this, it is just so lovely.

on 6/16/2007 10:22:00 PM

This is the "happiest" moisturizer/butter I've ever owned. I've never been interested in lemony smelling things because normally lemon scents instantly remind me of furniture polish. This is different. It's smell is reminiscent of a lemony dessert. While it does have a strong aroma, I find it pleasantly intense but not offensive. The consistency of the cream is very thick but not at all greasy. I massage it into my hands and cuticles as well as my feet. For some reason, I can't stop smelling my hands after using it. Also, my nails are noticably stronger and my cuticles are also enjoying it. Even though the tub is small, you'll find that a little goes a long way (making it a great value). This happens to be one of my favorite LUSH products (I've tried a lot.) To me, a lot of the LUSH stuff is overrated. This gem happens to be an item that is somewhat under the radar but it's really a standout for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials