E.L.F. Foundation brush

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/10/2008 5:31:00 PM

It was only $1 so not much to complain about, but I still felt compelled to review it since it got such great ratings. This brush worked 1.5 times for me. The first time I applied foundation, it was fine. The 2nd time, the entire brush head broke off the handle in the middle of application. My $20 Benefit brush may be $19 more, but at least it has lasted me so far over a year. It's cheap but with the low quality factor you'd probably need to purchase around 250 a year if you wear foundation everyday....

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

PRODUCT QUALITY: Poor
BRISTLE TEXTURE: Too soft. It needs to be stiffer to apply liquid foundation properly. Its also a bit narrower than most quality foundation brushes. Works ok for contouring / shading though.
PRICE: $1.00

For the specific use of liquid foundation, I would not buy this product again.

on 1/1/2008 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

In a pinch after losing my amazing japonesque foundation brush, I bought 2 of these online.

First of all, this brush itself is way too thin and flat to be effective in blending foundation in. The bristles are synthetic, like most brushes. However, I actually feel like I'm smoothing my foundation onto my face with a plastic barbie brush. It leaves streaks like no other, I actually have to use my hands to blend everything after. Even though the brush itself is so flat, it manages to pick up and store an amazing amound of product.

Definitely wouldn't purchase again. Although ELF has some good brushes (their eyeshadow brushing is my of my HG) this definitely isn't one of them.

Save yourself the agony of trying to make this work. Invest in a better brush for a few more bucks. Ulta makes great foundation brushes for about 8 dollars more.

on 12/19/2007 10:43:00 AM

Love love LOVE this brush. I was skeptical at first but upon using it to apply my under-eye concealer, I'm addicted. It sheds a bit but not enough to be an issue... after washing, shedding is a non-issue.

on 12/8/2007 3:39:00 PM

This brush is ok.. not the best but not the worst... The bristles are synthetic and looks like the one posted on the ELF website.. It soft and is good for applying moisturizer and tinted moisturizer, but doesn't do very well with foundation. The reason is the brush isn't very dense compared to the MAC 190. If you compared them side by side you can see that the MAC 190 is probably 3-4X denser than the ELF foundation brush.. I say save your money for the costco brush set

on 12/4/2007 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This brush worked great. Its good and stiff, held its shape, didnt shed, and didnt soak up product. now if I could just master using the thing!

on 12/3/2007 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

What a great brush.
I don't use it for its intended purpose as I wear mineral foundation (Lily Lolo). Instead it's perfect for applying the mineral foundation around my eyes and nose.

Edit. I now use this brush to apply my Bourjois Happy Light after I came out in a rash using Lily Lolo foundation on a regular basis. I've knocked a lippy off as it could do with being a bit firmer.

on 12/3/2007 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great brush.I would pay more than i did for it! It applies my foundation flawlessly! Would defineltly buy again. Also the length and structure of this brush is perfect!

on 11/30/2007 8:05:00 PM

I recently bought a bulk from drugstore.com and while I was undecided whether to buy the acclaimed chanel brush or sephora ones, this pops up from website, it's 1 buck so nothing to lose if doesn't work.

amazingly, it's just fine. no bristles fell out so far and felt smooth and apply my foundation well enough. provide good area too. for 1 buck, I would rate it 5, only thing bad is packaging.

I bought elf brush set for 11, everything is fine but the powder and blush brushes sucks!!!!!
the shed orange color, I'm super careful, so as soon as I received them, I washed every one of them in hot soap water and then use mac brush cleanser and then wash with hot water again, the powder brush and blush brush never stop dripping orange water but foundation brush, surprizingly, although it's orange color, doesn't shed color a bit.

continued >>

on 11/29/2007 12:11:00 PM

This is a great brush and works really well, covered the spots on my face flawlessly. It's a steal for $1.