April 18, 2014 | 1506 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Foundation brush

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2007 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Nekura

I like this brush a lot. Though I still like my more standard foundation brushes for thicker/creamy type foundations, this ELF brush is really nice for more liquid/runny products because it's dense and easy to blend things into the skin fast. This is also very nice for applying tone corrector creams/primers onto the face. I plan to buy another one or two just to seperate product. It's not a foundation brush that'll work for everything but it has its nice qualities and purposes so its well worth a dollar.

FYI, this brush is really small and bristles are dense so wash it often or else it'll prone to easy streaking :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by BarbItalia

I LOVE this brush for applying undereye concealer - just cannot rave enough about it!!! Because the curved head is blunt-cut, it's PERFECT for stippling and blending concealer into the curves/hollows beneath the eyes and in the inner and outer eye corners. I use this with both mineral and cream concealer, with 100% success on myself and on others. I've abandoned my Japonesque foundation brush for this purpose, loving the curve of the blunt bristle head and the performance of the ELF brush so much more than the tapered head on Japanesque's. Forget all the foundation brushes you have/have seen, get over the mere $1 price point, and try ELF's Foundation Brush under your eyes - you'll love it too!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2007 11:40:00 AM More reviews by fulanzuqaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my favourite elf brush! i've tried others, n they all suck (bud u can't blame that for the price). This one's smooth n silky, it does it's job! It's soo good for 1 buck! Im already getting another one! Ive use it about a week so i dono if it'll drop off the handle. :p

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2007 5:48:00 PM More reviews by ashleeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For a buck, it does its job. It's nothing amazing but for a buck it's a good enough foundation brush. I haven't had any problems with streaking and it applies pretty evenly. It's very easy to clean and dries really quickly. I would recommend trying it since it's only a buck but I'm still on my search for a better foundation brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2007 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Cassieandra13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this brish for about a month now. I doubted it would really be the HG of foundation brushes. To my surprise it is.

The synthetic fibers don't shed and are very easy to clean. I haven't had an issue with streaking either. Even after a month of using and cleaning it still feels and look like the day I bought it.

Who knew something so cheep could be so good

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2007 10:59:00 AM More reviews by XOXOlga

This brush has been good to me. The synthetic hars don't shed, the compact head stays together and I haven't had a problem with streaking. I use this more as a large concealer brush, for areas like under the eye, eyelid, wings of the nose, etc. I've been using it with my Prescriptives Flawless foundation; so far so good!! For full face coverage, I prefer my Prescriptives foundation brush, but this is a fantastic back-up option - especially for the dirt-cheap price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2007 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

not a review, but did you guys know that ALL the E.L.F. makeup brushes were designed and tested by Scott Vincent Borba?!?! i didn't!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2007 9:33:00 PM More reviews by StepheniW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love these brushes!! I found them first at a local Shopko in the dollar section a year or so ago; there were only 2 left and I snagged both having just purchased a very expensive Lacome brush that I also love. Don't get me wrong- the Lacome is far superior for applying foundation on large areas but for eyelids and undereyes and those areas around the nose these brushes are perfect. I have had no issues with the handles and even with frequent washing these have lasted well with no shedding. The best buck I ever spent on a makeup item.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2007 12:17:00 PM More reviews by vintagezombie

I've only used this to apply powder foundation, and I found it to work very well. The brush is very soft and smooth. It didn't scratch or pull on my skin. It was good for putting powder on my eyelids as a primer. The brush is in great condition. In a few weeks I'll update this to report if its fallen apart or anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2007 3:21:00 PM More reviews by JWILLS

I cant beleive this is a buck! I would give 5 lipies but I have already had to superglue the handle twice ( my boyfriend used his super duper adhesive so I think its set for a while now) Works wonders and I cant beleive how much less foundation I use with the brush. Does leave some streaks but that could be my technique. I lightly buff with my hands and perfection! ( I use with my Clinique Dewy Smooth) Then I set my make up with Bare Essentials ( cant use the stuff alone, no coverage or staying power but great for setting make up, though a bit pricy for loose powder, it really makes my make up last all day)