October 23, 2014 | 1107 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2003 11:21:00 PM More reviews by frenchmanicure

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this because its not to dark for my incrediably pale complexion.
It takes away the redness of pimples and gives your skin an all around monotone colour with a glow.
Very smooth.
Downsides are the price and you have to keep on re-applying.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2003 3:00:00 PM More reviews by jen8

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder is okay. I use it in Stay Golden. It helps to give your face a matte appearance but you should still touch up every few hours. Applying too much can give your face a cakey look so be careful when you apply. It does not clog my pores and I will probably buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2003 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Hollyolly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this product in Stay Neutral for several months before I noticed it always made my skin look ORANGE. Yuck! The powder itself is great, very smooth and soaks up oilies. But the color changing turned me off and I will NOT be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2003 8:43:00 AM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I haven't worn foundation or powder in ages (although very rarely will dust on MAC Blot over bare skin before going someplace special) however, back when I did wear powder I tried this one and I really didn't like this one.

If you are looking for a sheer and light powder then stay far away from this one! This is a very thick, heavy, coated type of powder that gave a mask like effect to my skin. It was like wearing a layer or powder foundation over your liquid foundation. Yuck! Not only that, but the shine really soaked through the powder which made my skin look awful, and applying another coat of this thick stuff to cover the shine was not an option.

Huge thumbs down from me on this one. There are much better pressed powders out there. Save your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2003 7:41:00 AM More reviews by pinkprincess1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this powder. I used to use loose powder because I found pressed powders to be too cakey and "make up" looking. However, I went ot the Clinique counter and ended up buying this product.

I'm really happy with it, and wouldn't change. It's not cakey at all, no matter how much you apply. Daily, I just swipe it round my face once. For a night out, I apply a bit more and it never looks cakey. I have pale skin, and Stay Neutral is the best fitting shade I've found for my skin tone. Other brands tend to make me look a little orange.

This also gives decent coverage and makes your skin look flawless. People always comment on how good skin looks - if only they knew what lurked beneath!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2003 1:50:00 AM More reviews by luvtoshop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this. I only have to do one touch up during the day. It keeps my face looking really nice and helps set my foundation. Neutral is perfect for me. Its really not too expensive either. The compact is very nice because it's been thrown around so much and never breaks. Lovin it!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2003 4:02:00 PM More reviews by bluez48334

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Didnt make my skin look better..in the sense not matte! Color selection too, is limited and i can use it only during summer when my tone is darker! Still i would try to avoid it.This compact sucks! My vote is for EL lucidity.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2003 10:41:00 AM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an OK face powder. I have really oily skin and this didn't seem to keep shine away any better than my much cheaper powder. The colors are really natural though. It has a sponge applicator which is nice because you can wash it periodically if needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2003 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Livia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good product overall. It does a very good job at keeping your skin matte (i need to blot mid-day), does not clog pores, and evens out the skin very nicely. I use this in Stay Golden, and I have been using it since 1999, and re-purchased it several times. I keep trying other products, but always come back to Stay Matte. I do not think that this is the best powder on the Market, but it's the best I've ever tried! And the price $22.50 CDN is not bad (when you compare the price w/ drugstore brands such as L'Oreal and Revlon, which can run up to $16-$20 CDN.) I do wish Clinique had a better color selection. I find that Stay Golden is a bit light for me in the summer when I get a tan. The next shade up is way too orange even for my tanned skin. I am a MAC NC35. I use this alone, not over foundation, and it works great, whether applied w/ the enclosed sponge applicator or with a large powder brush. I am satisfied w/ it, but I do think I will keep searching for a better one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2003 4:28:00 PM More reviews by MirandaRawson

I love this product. Definitely one of my must-haves for every day. I'm using Stay Neutral, and it goes with my skin perfectly. It's pretty much odorless, and it isn't chalky or too heavy. The only downside is the packaging is a little boring!