Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 1/18/2004 12:11:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

this powder is just average. i dont love it but i dont hate it. i used it with the clinque superbalanced foundation and they actually work quite well together. this powder doesnt have really strong staying power because i have to powder my face occassionally. i wouldnt say that it helps you stay matte, except only right after foundation application. the color selection is mostly pinks and oranges, so the colors didnt really fit my yellow-based skin color. for those who dont have skin as oily as me (believe me, i got pretty oily skin), this could be great for you.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I use this for touch ups when I get a little oily looking in the t-zone. It has light coverage and goes on well. Absorbes any oil I have.

on 1/1/2004 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I think it's not the best powder, but it's not to bad. It does not have a great coverage and sometimes you look very powdery. It is not too expensive in comparison with other brands but you need to reapply this product many times along all day and this is not pleasant for the skin, i mean, the color that your skin gets after the many caps is not to nice...

I like this because its not to dark for my incrediably pale complexion.
It takes away the redness of pimples and gives your skin an all around monotone colour with a glow.
Very smooth.
Downsides are the price and you have to keep on re-applying.

on 12/16/2003 3:00:00 PM

This powder is okay. I use it in Stay Golden. It helps to give your face a matte appearance but you should still touch up every few hours. Applying too much can give your face a cakey look so be careful when you apply. It does not clog my pores and I will probably buy this again.

on 12/14/2003 12:03:00 PM

I used this product in Stay Neutral for several months before I noticed it always made my skin look ORANGE. Yuck! The powder itself is great, very smooth and soaks up oilies. But the color changing turned me off and I will NOT be repurchasing.

on 12/6/2003 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I haven't worn foundation or powder in ages (although very rarely will dust on MAC Blot over bare skin before going someplace special) however, back when I did wear powder I tried this one and I really didn't like this one.

If you are looking for a sheer and light powder then stay far away from this one! This is a very thick, heavy, coated type of powder that gave a mask like effect to my skin. It was like wearing a layer or powder foundation over your liquid foundation. Yuck! Not only that, but the shine really soaked through the powder which made my skin look awful, and applying another coat of this thick stuff to cover the shine was not an option.

Huge thumbs down from me on this one. There are much better pressed powders out there. Save your money.

I really like this powder. I used to use loose powder because I found pressed powders to be too cakey and "make up" looking. However, I went ot the Clinique counter and ended up buying this product.

I'm really happy with it, and wouldn't change. It's not cakey at all, no matter how much you apply. Daily, I just swipe it round my face once. For a night out, I apply a bit more and it never looks cakey. I have pale skin, and Stay Neutral is the best fitting shade I've found for my skin tone. Other brands tend to make me look a little orange.

This also gives decent coverage and makes your skin look flawless. People always comment on how good skin looks - if only they knew what lurked beneath!!

on 11/28/2003 1:50:00 AM

I really like this. I only have to do one touch up during the day. It keeps my face looking really nice and helps set my foundation. Neutral is perfect for me. Its really not too expensive either. The compact is very nice because it's been thrown around so much and never breaks. Lovin it!

on 11/13/2003 4:02:00 PM

Didnt make my skin look better..in the sense not matte! Color selection too, is limited and i can use it only during summer when my tone is darker! Still i would try to avoid it.This compact sucks! My vote is for EL lucidity.