December 17, 2014 | 1776 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

PSA: Product was recently reformulated.

Product Info: Newly reformulated, this full-coverage, liquid foundation leaves a flawless, transfer-resistant, dewy and luminous finish that lasts for hours. Resistant against water and oil. PABA-free.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2006 2:25:00 PM More reviews by ELPrecord

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product is sooo expensive which is the reason for the 4 rating. i was a bit disappointed in how watery this foundation seemed to be..but nooooooooo..i made too quick of an assumption as this dried in a powdery finish. medium coverage. but for anyone with yellow undertones like myself..i would highly recommend. i have never found foundation that worked with my skintone as much as shiseido..so even though this is quite expensive..it will last me forever since i don't use foundation all over my face (just around my eyes). i would like to add that i normally have a problem touching up foundations that seem to separate and lie in the fine lines under my eyes, only visible when i'm wearing makeup and this product hardly does that at all. very minimal touch ups. thanks for the reviews..if it weren't for MUA..i would have not looked into this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2006 2:47:00 AM More reviews by damnyoureprettygorgeous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I super love this product right now specially that it's summer where I'm located so far, perfect for me specially that I sweat a lot (this is water resistant by the way) and the best thing is, it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin! :)

I hope I can buy more Shiseido products before I head back to Toronto =D

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2006 1:57:00 PM More reviews by susan717

I have been using this Sunblock 2 weeks and I love it. I've been searching for the right Sunblock for a long time and I found it. I'm 37 years old with oily combination skin and this foundation didn't breat me out although it doesn't absorb my oily face after 2 or 3 hours. But it's not a problem to me I always have to use the blotting papers or powders everyday whether I use the lotion and sunblock or not. I found this Sunblock foundation though the good reviews her. Thanks to MUA.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2006 9:55:00 AM More reviews by bochup

I have very sensitive skin and is very acne-prone. After recovering from a most horrible breakout some months ago, I am naturally wary with foundations. But a friend's mother (who is hyper-sensitive to cosmetics too) recommended the brand to me, and I'm glad I listened.

This foundation is god-send, seriously. Nothing covers my post-acne hyperpigmentation better than this one. Sun protection is a definite plus. Perfectly smooth skin. And the fact that it makes me look naturally radiant ... woo la la. ;P

3 months after using this, and no averse skin reaction at all. My only problem with it is its lack of colour selection. At first, I got SP60, which I later found to be slightly too dark and reddish for me. I went on to purchase SP40 to mix it with SP60 to get a somewhat matching colour, but it's still not quite there yet.

Having said that, I've to reiterate that, despite the only somewhat matching colour, it still does look natural on me. I've been asked a few times in the past months if I'm in love or something, 'cos I'm positively glowing according to my friends. It's a real ego-boost for someone who a few months back was suffering from total outbreak of acne. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2006 5:28:00 PM More reviews by loonshki

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was very pleasantly surprised by this foundation. I usually wear Bare Escentuals 1.2, Fairly Light foundation, and the SA suggested SB10 for me. At first the color seemed too light, but it blended nicely and the coverage is medium. The foundation stays put all day and has a very soft finish. Most importantly, it has an SPF of 42. I have been plagued my entire adult life with melasma, and I'm finally finding the right combination of products to fade it, but one day in the sun will make it worse. I used this foundation in combination with Shiseido's SPF 55+ facial sunscreen underneath, and after gardening all day my dark patches did not get noticably worse. This foundation also seems to make my pores look smaller, although I do need to spot conceal. I don't notice the smell at all. In any case, I have some hope of making it through one summer with my melasma under control, thanks to these Shiseido products. I use Philosophy Purity to wash the foundation off, and I have no problem removing it at night. The foundation doesn't seem to irritate my skin or make it oilier. It's quite expensive, but much cheaper than chemical peels to deal with my melasma!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2006 1:03:00 AM More reviews by JennEB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I got SP 30, it's a little to light for my complexion, but I mix it with a TINY bit of L'Oreal HIP Foundation in Nude, wich is very yellow based color, but its too dark for my complexion. It makes the perfect color for my face!!!!!
It gives medium coverage, looks natural and lasts for much longer than any other foundation I tried (but I also love the new Revlon Colorstay w/ Softflex, however it only has SPF 6...) Unfortunatley I still have to blot in the middle of the day, but what can U expect...
I either apply it w/ the sponge that comes with it, or a foundation brush if I need a little bit more coverage, then I set it w/ Ben Nye Banane powder or the new Colorstay Powder in light. I will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2006 5:23:00 PM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

DESCRIPTION OF ME ~ Light yellowy/olive complexion with a tendency to get redness on my cheeks and around my nose. MAC C2/NC25. Large pores, oily and prone to blackheads and occasional acne. I am also sensitive and if I use chemical sunscreens, silica or bismuth my cheeks can react instantly by becoming inflamed and bumpy, which can turn into dermatitis. Mid-thirties, some sun damage, (melasma) and fine creases on my forehead.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION~Liquid physical block sun protection foundation makeup, water/sweat proof, claims high sunscreen, SPF 42 PA+++ I got mine at www.neobeauty.com for $31 US plus $8 to ship to Canada

PACKAGING~Unique squeeze tube with a serperate compact for the sponge, which is included.

CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE~Thin, silky liquid foundation.

APPLICATION~I use a Taklon foundation brush not the sponge included. It is very blendable, quite lovely really. I had plenty of time to spread it, work it in and blend.

FINISH~ Matte and feels really smooth and velvety.

COVERAGE~It has light to medium coverage, I still needed concealer in some spots but it looked natural thatís what Iím after.

STAYING POWER~Lasts really well, didnít get greasy or cakey as the day wore on. It wears a lot like Revlon ColorStay but with less coverage.

SCENT~It smells like flowers and lot of them, like something Avon would come up with, seriously. This and their Perfect Wear (long lasting transfer resistant) foundation smell identical to me.

COLOR~I am a MAC NC20/25 in the winter and I ordered SP30 which is quite yellow, I think I need more olive, SP40 (the swatch at Neobeauty) looks more olivey but I havenít tried it. SP30 works for me though, I like the extra warmth especially in the winter.

OVERALL~I love this foundation, the shade is great (even though not right on), the consistency is fabulous, it lasts and has great SPF. It could be my staple but after two days of using this, I will never use it again. Itís the scent, I canít handle it. I applied this foundation yesterday morning, avoiding my eyes. I could smell the fragrance in it and an hour into my day, my eyes were killing me-stinging, watery and puffy. I washed it off when I got home from running errands all morning. I never ever use a fragranced facial product but was willing to try this foundation based on the reviews and SPF value. I would, however, recommend this to anyone who isnít sensitive to and/or enjoys a fragranced foundation. It really is fabulous in every other way.

See shades and foundation description at Neobeauty http://neobeauty.com/shsunprlifos.html

Thank you Seclusae2 giving me permission to use your great reviewing format.

continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2006 8:59:00 PM More reviews by xsmoothiex

made my face greasy after a few hours....i just returned it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2006 2:22:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this based on the high spf and great reviews, but I should have payed more attention to other fair skinned gals who said it didn't suit the lightest complexions. Everything else about it is also true - goes on creamy and stays put throughout the day - but just too peachy for my fair skin. I have it up for swap.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2006 12:24:00 AM More reviews by bumbly

I LOVE THIS. My skin is very sensitive, and prone to breakouts, but this makes it look so nice!! the coverage is buildable, and the color is an exact match for me. i would recommend using the sponge that it comes with, it helps it spread very evenly. the packaging is very cute, its a little blue bottle in a goofy little shape ^^ i only wish it had some way of letting you know how much was left. i have not had any problems with breakouts, and people have complemented my skin alot since i've been on it =) its got very good staying power, and its easy enough to get off. what the SA told me was that it is water resistant, but water and soap will get it off easily (its the combination of the two) so i use facial cleansing cloths and it gets the makeup off very well!!