September 1, 2014 | 1163 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 5:30:00 AM More reviews by amyky917

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a flight attendant, and need to wear makeup at work, sometimes for really long hours. Since my face is quite acne prone, I always get at least a pimple or two at the end of a flight. Since I read so many great reviews about this product, I thought I would give it a try. At first, I was quite skeptical about this product but I found that it works so well with my skin that I don't get pimples anymore after flights. It even helps my skin stay clear when I'm about to get my period. The medium coverage of this product is so great that I don't even need to use concealer, or I'd use it as a concealer when I'm not putting make up on. With a price as low as this, I definitely will buy this again.

I am shade 280 warm. Does anyone know if this shade is discontinued? If it is, I will be very very sad :(

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by SmileNowCriiL8r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought this product, I paid about $13.00. I love it. It matches my skin almost perfectly and really does keep my face from getting too shiny. It also didn't break me out which was awesome. I use it with the powder in light-medium. The packaging could be better but you can never have it all. Will definitely repurchase.

Update: I eventually developed an allergy to salicylic acid, which this product contain., I had to throw it away. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Whitbau

After reading all overall positive comments about this product, I decided to buy it yesterday. I had my grandparent's 50th anniversary last night, so I didn't want my face to be an oil slick (like it usually is). I applied this foundation with a sponge, and set it with a translucent powder.

Pros: this foundation matched my skin tone really well. Not too light, not too orange. It wasn't too heavy of a foundation, so it looked pretty natural.

Cons:
Unfortunately, this product was really runny and didn't cover my scars or few pimples. Also, after about 3 hours of wear my face was SO oily! How frustrating...

Overall I am disappointed with this product and still have not found ONE foundation that doesn't eventually make my skin either break out, or become extremely oily. So I am still searching..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Bjet

I generally really like this foundation though it's not my HG. I hate the pour out bottle! i always pour too much and end up wasting a lot of the product. But it does give me a nice medium and natural looking coverage that does not feel heavy. I read in one of Paula Begoun's book that the salicylic acid concentration is not strong enough to really fight blemish but the foundation should avoid eye contact anyways.

I use this mainly when, I'm sure this has happened to some of you, after you pop a pimple (SO BAD I KNOW!) but you still need to go out... i reach for this foundation cause even if the salicylic acid isn't strong enough i feel better about using this foundation over my pimples than any other foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by mstrihavka

This is the foundation that I use on a daily basis. I tried several and it's hard for me to find one that I like and I like this one a lot. It provides a nice, even, medium coverage and is very blendable. I can easily apply concealer over it and it works well to blend with my concealer to help even out my skin and fill in my acne scars. I use Maybelline Dream Matt powder to set it and it helps it last a long time. I have oily skin, so my skin tends to look shiny after a while but with this makeup, even after touching up, it doesn't look cakey and doesn't accentuate pores. It doesn't make me break out but it doesn't clear up my acne either. I still like using it, though and will continue using it until I can find something I like better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried lots of foundation...tested this for a month. It's fantastic. Smooth, even finish, no smell. I don't know if it clears up my skin, but it does not clog pores. The only thing I don't like is the packaging...a pump is always better. 12.99 usd but it's always bogof somewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by dollief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Very smooth, matte, but not chalky, coverage is medium. Lasts a good while on my very oily T zone when set with a light dusting of powder. The lightest color, Ivory, is a perfect match for my very pale, cool-toned skin. For reference, I'm a C2 in Loreal's True Match. Probably the best liquid foundation for oily skin at the drugstore. Will continue to repurchase as long as they make it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a decent drugstore foundation that contains a bit of salicylic acid to help heal and prevent breakouts. Amazingly, my extremely sensitive, rosacean and acne-prone skin did NOT break out or react from this, which is amazing for my skin! The coverage was buildable, but the lightest shade was still a bit too dark for me. That part was ALMOST forgivable with some light setting powder. The worst part, however, was that this foundation made my skin sooooo flaky. Disgustingly flaky. I guess it's a bit too much to use during these winter months. Perhaps I'll try this again in the summer...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by vintagequeengf1

This is a decent foundation for the price. The color is a good match for me, the teeniest tiniest bit too orange, but it looks fine on and set with powder. It does cover acne scars well, and it hasn't broken me out. My skin is finally on the mend, and this foundation has a nice coverage without causing me anymore ance problems. I've found it has good staying power, and it lasts me through the day. My only complaints would be the color match and the bottle...I'm not sure why so many foundations insist on that glass bottle with no pump. It looks nice but it is such a pain. How hard would it be to included a pump??

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Michael0771

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim at SDM and I was pleased with it for about, 2-3 months.
But then I realized it was ruining my white shirts, as it would be melting off my oily skin in about 2 hours, and anything I touched turned tan-orange.
It covered my acne spots fairly well, and it gave me the summer-tan kinda look, which I liked in the summer.
It was VERY messy though, as the glass container was just awful. I had to close it, and turn it over to let some product drip into the cap before I could dip my brush into it.
It was a good, first liquid foundation while it lasted.