October 24, 2014 | 1729 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2006 9:53:00 PM More reviews by angmo

This looks like dish detergent, smell like one and even feels like one. But I find it to be a "dependable" cleanser to remove the residue after my SHU Uemura cleansing oil. Just a DROP is enough because this is very drying. I have been using this for 9 months (daily basis) and a 1/3 is still left in the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2006 9:38:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticcosmos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I keep switching back and forth between this and Paula's Choice One Step Cleanser for oily skin. I really like this one alot since it removes alot of oil and makes my skin feel clean. Every once in awhile it does make it feel tight, so I stop using it. It also contains alot of fragrance, which doesn't bother me but might bother some.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2006 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Was way too drying for me, plus it didn't remove all of my makeup and smelled bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2006 8:44:00 PM More reviews by joiedevivre29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i bought this after being harassed by a salesgirl who claimed this was used at the national dermatologist skin clinic. at the time i was beginning to have a number of cystic pimples and so decided to try this. while this did help with the cystic pimples and seemed quite gentle, it gave me really bad irritation and made my tzone red and irritated with lots of little bumps. urgh! angry! the bottle cap has a twist mechanism thats really quite genius, but other than that this product gets a big NO from me. at $30 for a bottle, it aint cheap either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2006 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Jenesis914

I love this for my oily blemished skin!! It removes make up completely without tightening my skin and after a week, I can see my face clearing and the scars fading. For my oily/combo skin, I can use it 2ce a day with no problems. Not to mention a little goes a long way! You only need a dime sized amount for your entire face! I was given 3 tubes to sample and when I ran out, I substituted another cleanser and immediately broke out (never did that before). I went out immediately and bought a bottle of it. My face is clearing up again since I got back on it. I never thought it would happen but I finally found my HG of cleanser/make up remover/acne fighter all in one! The only complaint I have for this is that when you have wet hands, the top is really hard to twist open. But other than that, I think its neat that a nib closes the hole when the top is twisted.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2006 2:07:00 PM More reviews by 3926sarah

Great cleanser for sensitive oily spot prone skin types. Foams up really well and removes all makeup and oil residue without dryness or irritation. This cleanser has got a strong scent that takes a little getting used to but after a couple of weeks you get used to and quite like the smell. Retails at 7.80 in the U.K so not too pricy and is widely available in larger Boots stores in the U.K. I like to use this with the Avene water spray as a toner followed by some organic jojoba oil, which I apply whilst my skin is still damp. I have found that this simple routine keeps my skin clear from spots without any flaky patches that some blemish fighting cleansers can cause.Edit: They seem to have changed the formula recently and its not as effective for me instead of helping with breakouts it causing them. Anyways as I can no longer recommend this item will drop the rating to 3 Stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2006 3:48:00 AM More reviews by nerikarra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an amazing product. I have used La Prairie, Lancome, Clarins, La Mer and so on. This product was recommended to me by one of the top dermatologists in London. I have now stopped searching. My skin is sensitive and prone to acne. This product is gentle yet very effective. It cleans my skin thoroughly, my acne is gone completely and I no longer get any blotchiness and redness. Oh, and this is complete steal. The price is so cheap, especially compare to all the other expensive products I have been using.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2006 1:47:00 PM More reviews by leopardskinny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love love love this! I first bought it when I was staying in the south of France, and my skin was oily because of the very hot weather, so I needed something to combat that. I stumbled across this in a chemists, and even there it was not cheap. (Its about 7-8 here in UK!) But it was worth every penny. It leaves your skin beautifully clean, without the slightest hint of dyness, which has always been a problem for me too. My skin is ultra- sensitive, so when I didnt break out or get a rash, I knew this was something special. You only need a really small amount too, so I pays for itself. I have just finished my first bottle, and I will be repurchasing without a doubt!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2006 4:23:00 AM More reviews by mandy409

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried lots of different cleaner, such as Lancome, Estee Lauder etc but Avene one is so much better. It does reduce oil on my face, after washing, leaving my skin soft and smooth. Highly recommended. The price is cheap too, compare to those big brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2006 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Dableu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG cleanser now and i'd been using this for 2 weeks with Cleanance K. It melts your make up and leaves your face fresh and squeaky clean and not drying at all, you feel like touching your face over and over again. I was recommended by a friend whose dermatologist in singapore had ordered her to use this cleanser. This soothing cleanser also prevents and soothes my pimples.Great for people with oily / acne / prone skin. The smell reminds me of BVLAGRI baby perfume.Plus ,you only need half a dime size. very economical.