July 28, 2014 | 973 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2006 3:48:00 AM More reviews by nerikarra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an amazing product. I have used La Prairie, Lancome, Clarins, La Mer and so on. This product was recommended to me by one of the top dermatologists in London. I have now stopped searching. My skin is sensitive and prone to acne. This product is gentle yet very effective. It cleans my skin thoroughly, my acne is gone completely and I no longer get any blotchiness and redness. Oh, and this is complete steal. The price is so cheap, especially compare to all the other expensive products I have been using.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2006 1:47:00 PM More reviews by leopardskinny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love love love this! I first bought it when I was staying in the south of France, and my skin was oily because of the very hot weather, so I needed something to combat that. I stumbled across this in a chemists, and even there it was not cheap. (Its about 7-8 here in UK!) But it was worth every penny. It leaves your skin beautifully clean, without the slightest hint of dyness, which has always been a problem for me too. My skin is ultra- sensitive, so when I didnt break out or get a rash, I knew this was something special. You only need a really small amount too, so I pays for itself. I have just finished my first bottle, and I will be repurchasing without a doubt!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2006 4:23:00 AM More reviews by mandy409

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried lots of different cleaner, such as Lancome, Estee Lauder etc but Avene one is so much better. It does reduce oil on my face, after washing, leaving my skin soft and smooth. Highly recommended. The price is cheap too, compare to those big brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2006 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Dableu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG cleanser now and i'd been using this for 2 weeks with Cleanance K. It melts your make up and leaves your face fresh and squeaky clean and not drying at all, you feel like touching your face over and over again. I was recommended by a friend whose dermatologist in singapore had ordered her to use this cleanser. This soothing cleanser also prevents and soothes my pimples.Great for people with oily / acne / prone skin. The smell reminds me of BVLAGRI baby perfume.Plus ,you only need half a dime size. very economical.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2005 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Fluffy2

This is my HG cleanser, I will never use anything else...unless for some awful reason I can't find this anywhere!
It controls oil production like nothing I've ever used before (and ladies, I've used a lot!) and it's extremely gentle on my sensitive, delicate skin. It removes all make-up and dirt. I believe it's good value for money because there's stuff out there that's much more expensive and doesn't work as well, and whenever I've bought it it's been on special offer! A great product that I wish I'd discovered years ago!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2005 7:17:00 PM More reviews by auras

The smell is indeed awfull, and I'm not much for gel cleansers either (hard to rinse off) I prefer the creamy ones. I sampled this and I won't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2005 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Amy25UK

Having read such good reviews about this cleanser I decided to give it a try. I have an oily t-zone and I do get the occasional spot but after using this cleanser for about four months my face broke out with really bad acne especially on my forehead. I thought the cause might have been my hormones but after changing to Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser and seeing my skin completely clear, I knew it was the Avene that was causing the outbreak. This cleanser produces quite a bit of foam (probably due to all the harsh chemicals it contains such as Sodium Lauryl Sulfate). I will not be purchasing this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2005 11:45:00 AM More reviews by eurogirl

Unbelievable strong perfumed. Can't stand it. One small amount (pea sized) in my hand, and even my bf complains about it. Never had anything else that strongly perfumed- not even my Chanel No.5 Bath oils.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2005 2:26:00 PM More reviews by productnerd

I bought this cleanser after I read about it in some magazine. I have been using it now for about 6 months and have noticed that my blemish-prone skin has stayed relatively clear (nothing is stronger than monthly hormones!) I have bought this product again and plan on continuing to use it. The only draw back is that it can be a little drying.
*UPDATE* After finishing my 2nd bottle (which took forever) I have returned to my old favorite, dependable Cetaphil. I just found this product to be too drying for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2005 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Wonder78

I am on my second bottle of this and I find this product absolutly amazing. It is the best acne cleanser I have ever used. As the package says, it is for acne, oil and sensetive skin. I got my first bottle from my doctor and have used it very faithly since. It cleans your skin very gentally. I feel very clean, non-irratating, smooth, soft and not tighten or dry. It clams the skin, keep the germ level down and really clean it too. I have used it both in the winter and summer. Never irratate or over dry my skin. I think it's a great product. Will defintly repurchase it again and again.
I have sensative combination skin.