Avene Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

3.9

The ingredients for the new formula (post December 2014):The new: Avene Thermal Spring Water, (Avene Aqua), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Laurate, Green 5 (CI61570), Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 (CI19140), Zinc Gluconate.The ingredients for the old formula: Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Water, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Benzoic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cucurbita Pepo (pumpkin) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Green 5, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Zinc Gluconate

on 10/25/2006 5:26:00 AM

Great product! I'm trying it because my doctor prescribed it. I suffer from seborrheic eczema and had a very bad episode of irritated, flaky skin in the chin and the nose. The dermatologist told me to stick to this product or tosomething similar, that is, no soap, very mild, etc. At first I thought it would be one of those hideous medicinal things, but go figure, is not. Is a very gentle, very soft cleanser, it removes all the dirt, even make up, and leaves the skin with a smooth sensation. I agree with other reviewers about the smell, though. But overall, is a wonderful product for sensitive skins that can't tolerate soap.

on 10/14/2006 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

TERRIFIC. My favorite cleanser, and I have tried them all. Gentle, non-drying, and a little goes a very long way. Finally, an affordable, effective product for sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin!

on 10/4/2006 11:21:00 AM

Love this cleanser! A dime-size amount manages to remove all makeup without drying out my skin. Bought during a recent stubborn breakout fest, saved my skin! Can't go back to anything else!

on 8/10/2006 9:53:00 PM

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! I wear a lot of make up and have been looking forever for a cleanser that would get it all off without leaving a trace on my skin. This one does it. I used to have to clean my face in 3 steps; now I can do it in one. I love the cap: ingenious design. I love everything about this cleanser, including the price. Can't say enough good things about it.

on 7/13/2006 10:45:00 AM

very nice cleanser, smells very beautiful and it's color is very lovely and to look at and feel good and want to use it, doesn't make me break out crazy helps my skin be very smooth and very beautiful color it gives me it's soapless, really nice texture and it works! I love it, makes my skin very beautiful and very fresh! I love Avene!

on 7/10/2006 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Everything sounded good about this cleanser, from the name and despcription to the ingredients list. I was particularly attracted to the reasonable price, the packaging, and the fact that it contains some acids. At first I had some difficulty with the lid, but finally figured it out. Then I noticed the strange thick yet runny consistency. It gave a good lather, BUT THE SMELL! OH THE SMELL! just like dishwashing detergent as a previous reviewer mentioned. I also found it a bit too drying, although much better than La Prairie's Foam Cleanser and nowhere near as good as La Prairie's Cleansing Gelee.

The price AUD24 would be reasonable if it was a good product that one would actually use, however I consider it to be a costly mistake. The product was not so bad that I am put off Avene completely - I will still investigate their other products but I won't buy this again. As a matter of fact I don't know if I will even use this product again and i will be back to the chemist again tomorrow morning to purchase something more suitable. For some reason I really want to like it though even though it isn't that great. I was really excited to try it in the first place. I won't return it as I don't want to cause problems for the kind store owner and maybe I can give it to my sister or a friend. So - 700 down and plenty to go.

on 7/6/2006 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Location : Bangkok, Thailand - Very hot temperature, polluted, sunny

My skin : Oily, prone to acne, sensitive to pollutants and sun light

Results :

First of all, STAY AWAY FROM THIS cleanser if you can't stand STRONG fragrance. Yet if you don't mind the fragrance, go for it :-)

This gel has a nice texture. It cleanses very well and leave my face tight a bit (which is good 'coz I have oily skin). But I don't notice any improvement for acne (o_o) ...

Packaging : Good cap, easy to use ...

Will let you know more later ...

continued >>

on 6/24/2006 4:27:00 PM

HG cleanser. I love the packaging and I love how sudsy it gets. I wasn't expecting that with a gel. Perfect for my combo/normal skin. My face becomes clean and soft without drying out.

on 6/11/2006 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a stable for me. I have tried so may cleansers for oily and acne skin and this one is a keeper. It's a gentle gel cleanser that removes the excess (surface) oil without striping the skin. It makes my skin squeeky clean but not dry or taut. Because I use 5% BP so I need something that's gentle and effective in cleansiong. It's about $22 CDN but lastes super long because u only need 2 drops to get the job done. I actually changed it to a pump bottle because the original packaging is quite difficult to use.

Would recommend.

on 5/11/2006 9:19:00 PM

My mom bought this because she saw it was on sale. I personally love Avene, but this product really wasn't anything special. The idea of it was nice: (from bottle) "this ultra mild cleansing gel is kind to young problem skin, while at the same time satisfying its need for purity: it helps reduce irritation, regulate oil secretions and purify the skin." I have to admit, it did nothing to regulate my oil secretions. But, I did enjoy using it. It is very thick in texture (so I only need to use a bit), it lathers very well, it comes in a convinient bottle and it lasts ages. I only suggest it for oily skin types, since it can be drying in my experience. I would buy again, but not any time soon.