Avene Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

The ingredients for the new formula (post December 2014):The new: Avene Thermal Spring Water, (Avene Aqua), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Laurate, Green 5 (CI61570), Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 (CI19140), Zinc Gluconate.The ingredients for the old formula: Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Water, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Benzoic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cucurbita Pepo (pumpkin) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Green 5, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Zinc Gluconate

I just remembered using Avene almost three years ago during a huge splurge. For reference, I HAD back then very oily congested skin, prone to whiteheads. It was not sensitised as it is now.

Basically I bought the entire cleansing and moisturising range on a whim because there was some silly GWP. I prefer gel cleansers as they do not leave residue like creams. This cleanser left my skin taut, and I had always had problems with flaking esp around the mouth area. Sorry Avene formulations are nothing special except for the over hyped thermal water which really has no added benefits in a rinse off product. continued >>

This is really good cleanser for acne prone skin. It cleanse gently, does not dehydrates, control oil. After cleansed, i can see some radiant on my cheeks. I followed by Avene Thermal water, skin have never look this good in many many years.

Will buy and buy again:)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the only cleanser that was able to calm my skin down. Everytime I stray away from this I break out for some reason. I don't know why my skin likes it so much or what in this product that keeps me from breaking out, but it is utterly fantabulous! The packaging is unique and hygenic, and it doesn't dry me out. I have hypersensitive skin and this is the only thing that keeps me from breaking out, no need to stray!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite cleanser thus far. Even though it doesn't seem like you get a whole lot when you buy it, it lasts for a really long time because you just need an itty bitty drop (abt the size of a fingernail) for each use. And such a small drop makes my face feel clean and refreshed. It's not stripping either, but it does have a "clean" type of smell....not very bad in my opinion. Will repurchase whenever I run out....

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Luurve it! this cleanser is so gentle and does absolute wonders for oily/acne prone skin - its so gentle and smells great..well.. i love the smell - others might not ;) A little goes a long way - foams up and spreads easily so it is definately worth it for its price! It removes all my oilyness without stripping my moisture. Would definately repurchase again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

ive been in search for the perfect cleanser for the last few years. and i've been rotating from drugstore brands to high ends.. and finally i found out about avene. This cleanser was the first product i tried from their line and it is suitable for my oily acne-prone skin and sometimes sensitive too. i was soo happy that it gives me this clean feel, and no tight feeling after washing my face. its a better alternative to cetaphil for oily skinners haha... ive been using 3 bottles of it now. though its a little expensive for a cleanser, i can use it for at most 3 months :) ill usually wait for sales or promotions before i stock up on bottles of the cleanser. don't be fooled by its green gel look. its definitely one of the best cleanser for sensitive oily skin. one bad thing i dont really like the cap. sometimes if i forget to close it, water will get in..

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this cleanser! It's so gentle, but it can clean everything off and also helps with sebum production. It doesn't strip my face dry at all! Helped with my acne problem too! It's such a big bottle and you only need a little at a time. It's worth for it's price!

I use this everyday for cleansing routine in the morning, after I wake up. I feel that this cleanser is very gentle (usually those 'for oily' skin meaning really really harsh cleanser)....too gentle that I feel it doesn't clean my face enough after using makeup remover. So I just use it in the morning. So far so good, don't see any difference between a 100 dollars la mer cleanser.

The whole Avene line is a miracle. I use this cleaner in the am and the cold cream cleanser at night (it takes off my eye makeup better). If I use something other than this cleanser in the am, my skin is pretty oily during the day (although, now that I use Avene's shine cream, I don't really have to worry about that). I've also noticed that if I don't use this cleanser for a week or so, my face just does not feel as clean.

This is my HG cleanser! It is mild, gentle and cleansing at the same time. I have sensitive skin and use some harsh products (green cream and BHA) wich can be overdrying and irritating, but this gel (wich you have to use just a tiny drop to wash your entire face) calms my skin. It was prescripted by my dermatologist and now i can't live without. It is somewhat expensive, but a bottle lasts for months for me, and I use 2x day.