Avene Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

The ingredients for the new formula (post December 2014):The new: Avene Thermal Spring Water, (Avene Aqua), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Laurate, Green 5 (CI61570), Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 (CI19140), Zinc Gluconate.The ingredients for the old formula: Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Water, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Benzoic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cucurbita Pepo (pumpkin) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Green 5, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Zinc Gluconate

on 12/1/2006 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great cleanser! Before I started using this, I had alot of tiny bumps on my forehead. After using this for almost a week, the bumps had cleared! Thumbs up for this cleanser!

Yes it looks a bit like a bathroom cleaner, but don't be fooled.

This is a very gentle cleanser that is excellent for normal to oily skin with or without blemishes.

It used to have a really cheap-man-cologne fragrance that is now much more subtle and unisex.

It isn't very lathery and doesn't make a smooth gel-like foam, but it does its job otherwise.

I would recommend it.

on 11/24/2006 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this product just this past summer. My regimen was BP avene toner, moisturizer. This has great packaging and will last you for a LONG time!
HOWEVER, i think this made me more oily because it was drying me out. Even in the summer. It got everything, oil, makeup. similar to another review i felt my skin was getting dry but more oily on the surface. I just started to use it again because my skin started to change to oily! but I disocvered that this cleanser was drying and oily on top.. i wasn't treating my acne. I don't like using this in the winter, as i think its increasing my oil production because im getting dry! maybe thats the reason im getting super oily! =(

on 11/5/2006 4:15:00 PM

This is ok...no miracle cleanser. I've tried better ones for less price! I'm just not liking this Avene line at all.

on 10/25/2006 5:26:00 AM

Great product! I'm trying it because my doctor prescribed it. I suffer from seborrheic eczema and had a very bad episode of irritated, flaky skin in the chin and the nose. The dermatologist told me to stick to this product or tosomething similar, that is, no soap, very mild, etc. At first I thought it would be one of those hideous medicinal things, but go figure, is not. Is a very gentle, very soft cleanser, it removes all the dirt, even make up, and leaves the skin with a smooth sensation. I agree with other reviewers about the smell, though. But overall, is a wonderful product for sensitive skins that can't tolerate soap.

on 10/14/2006 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

TERRIFIC. My favorite cleanser, and I have tried them all. Gentle, non-drying, and a little goes a very long way. Finally, an affordable, effective product for sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin!

on 10/4/2006 11:21:00 AM

Love this cleanser! A dime-size amount manages to remove all makeup without drying out my skin. Bought during a recent stubborn breakout fest, saved my skin! Can't go back to anything else!

on 8/10/2006 9:53:00 PM

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! I wear a lot of make up and have been looking forever for a cleanser that would get it all off without leaving a trace on my skin. This one does it. I used to have to clean my face in 3 steps; now I can do it in one. I love the cap: ingenious design. I love everything about this cleanser, including the price. Can't say enough good things about it.

on 7/13/2006 10:45:00 AM

very nice cleanser, smells very beautiful and it's color is very lovely and to look at and feel good and want to use it, doesn't make me break out crazy helps my skin be very smooth and very beautiful color it gives me it's soapless, really nice texture and it works! I love it, makes my skin very beautiful and very fresh! I love Avene!

on 7/10/2006 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Everything sounded good about this cleanser, from the name and despcription to the ingredients list. I was particularly attracted to the reasonable price, the packaging, and the fact that it contains some acids. At first I had some difficulty with the lid, but finally figured it out. Then I noticed the strange thick yet runny consistency. It gave a good lather, BUT THE SMELL! OH THE SMELL! just like dishwashing detergent as a previous reviewer mentioned. I also found it a bit too drying, although much better than La Prairie's Foam Cleanser and nowhere near as good as La Prairie's Cleansing Gelee.

The price AUD24 would be reasonable if it was a good product that one would actually use, however I consider it to be a costly mistake. The product was not so bad that I am put off Avene completely - I will still investigate their other products but I won't buy this again. As a matter of fact I don't know if I will even use this product again and i will be back to the chemist again tomorrow morning to purchase something more suitable. For some reason I really want to like it though even though it isn't that great. I was really excited to try it in the first place. I won't return it as I don't want to cause problems for the kind store owner and maybe I can give it to my sister or a friend. So - 700 down and plenty to go.