John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Moisturizing Shampoo

3.7

WATER, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, DIMETHICONE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, CETYL ALCOHOL, BETAINE, COCAMIDE MEA, FRAGRANCE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, CARAMEL, DISODIUM EDTA, MALIC ACID, LAURETH-4, LAURETH-23, SODIUM CHLORIDE, GLYCINE, SODIUM XYLENESULFONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, PEARL POWDER, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, LECITHIN, ALCOHOL, RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE

on 3/21/2004 2:29:00 PM

I really like the way this smells, it has been described before, very accurately, as coconutty, caramely with some sort of floral as well and I agree. When I am washing my hair I really feel like it is moisturizing it so I like to leave it on a little longer to enhance any conditioning effects it might have. As for the results I didn't really notice too much at first, a touch more shine perhaps. But now that I am looking at the color it seems to be reducing the nasty red hue that my hair gets after a while.

on 3/16/2004 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really liked this product the first couple of times i've tried it. now it's just a so-so shampoo. I also use it with the conditioner. It's a lot better than most drugstore shampoos and conditioners. Leaves hair soft and tangle free. I don't really notice if its made my hair shinier. It doesn't give me that extra "WOW" look. Doesn't help with toning down my frizzy, puffy hair either (that's why i won't be repurchasing). It's a so-so shampoo with the conditioner. I'm looking forward to trying Redken, Matrix, and the new Neutrogena Triple Moisture Line

on 3/11/2004 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got the shampoo and conditioner for lighter brown hair. Although this does make my hair much softer, I haven't really noticed much shine. And HOLY CRAP does it stink. It smells like old-man-afterhave. Holding out for more shine. Makes my hair limp also.

on 3/10/2004 10:56:00 PM

I do like this shampoo. My hair is very soft after using this but I also noticed lots of shine and my brown color looks even better now.

on 3/9/2004 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow!!! I noticed a huge difference after the first time I used this! I've been using it for about a week now, and my hair looks better than it has in 6 months. The smell of this is strangely intoxicating- coconuty yet caramely. I cant quit sniffing my hair after I use this. My hair doesn't feel quit so "squeaky clean" after I use this, so I know it has to be moisturizing. Very nice stuff, better than any salon product & cheap enough for me to use regularly.

on 3/7/2004 5:48:00 PM

I didn't notice a difference at first after using this (although it does make my hair soft and manageable) but have received tons of compliments since I started using it. I also use the shine shock, conditioner and occasionally the finishing creme. They all smell great.

At first, I was skeptical about this shampoo, but I decided try it because it was inexpensive. I bought the darker one, for chestnut to espresso shades.

I have my hair colored, so I'm always game to try something that helps keep it fresh-looking. This shampoo does a wonder job of cleaning my hair without stripping color or moisture.

on 2/29/2004 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really don't think that this is anything special. It does an okay job of cleansing but my hair was full of static after I used it.

I wouldn't purchase this again. I also thought it was a bit pricey.

on 2/25/2004 12:57:00 AM

Love! Love! Love! I have the one for darker brown hair, and it cleans remarkably well, leaving behind a subtle cocoa scent.

on 2/18/2004 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Marketing scam! Did nothing sepcial for my brunette hair.Just a typical drugstore shampoo that left my hair drys and fly away.I will stick with Nexxus my HG.