October 31, 2014 | 1545 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2004 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Karralynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got the shampoo and conditioner for lighter brown hair. Although this does make my hair much softer, I haven't really noticed much shine. And HOLY CRAP does it stink. It smells like old-man-afterhave. Holding out for more shine. Makes my hair limp also.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2004 10:56:00 PM More reviews by CoverModel

I do like this shampoo. My hair is very soft after using this but I also noticed lots of shine and my brown color looks even better now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2004 12:59:00 PM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow!!! I noticed a huge difference after the first time I used this! I've been using it for about a week now, and my hair looks better than it has in 6 months. The smell of this is strangely intoxicating- coconuty yet caramely. I cant quit sniffing my hair after I use this. My hair doesn't feel quit so "squeaky clean" after I use this, so I know it has to be moisturizing. Very nice stuff, better than any salon product & cheap enough for me to use regularly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2004 5:48:00 PM More reviews by surfgal626

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't notice a difference at first after using this (although it does make my hair soft and manageable) but have received tons of compliments since I started using it. I also use the shine shock, conditioner and occasionally the finishing creme. They all smell great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2004 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Ame_Immortelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first, I was skeptical about this shampoo, but I decided try it because it was inexpensive. I bought the darker one, for chestnut to espresso shades.

I have my hair colored, so I'm always game to try something that helps keep it fresh-looking. This shampoo does a wonder job of cleaning my hair without stripping color or moisture.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2004 8:37:00 AM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really don't think that this is anything special. It does an okay job of cleansing but my hair was full of static after I used it.

I wouldn't purchase this again. I also thought it was a bit pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2004 12:57:00 AM More reviews by juicyjanna

Love! Love! Love! I have the one for darker brown hair, and it cleans remarkably well, leaving behind a subtle cocoa scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2004 2:45:00 PM More reviews by LedZep35

Marketing scam! Did nothing sepcial for my brunette hair.Just a typical drugstore shampoo that left my hair drys and fly away.I will stick with Nexxus my HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2004 11:43:00 AM More reviews by JaclynC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this shampoo. I have the one for lighter brunettes (Amber to Maple). I don't really notice any difference in color but it does make my dry hair shiny and soft! Best drugstore shampoo IMO.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2004 8:58:00 AM More reviews by subdriverswife

So far I'm really pleased with this product. I got it in the darker shade (chestnut to espresso) but was skeptical since its not color depositing. I actually washed my hair twice one day b/c I wasn't completely unhappy with the first style I did, which contained rough paste I needed to get rid of before restyling! Even after washing twice and blowdrying the second time, my hair was silky, shiny, color appeared more vibrant (my hair gets sunbleached easily) and was very manageable.