November 28, 2014 | 1817 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2004 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Peach524

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product the first couple of times i've tried it. now it's just a so-so shampoo. I also use it with the conditioner. It's a lot better than most drugstore shampoos and conditioners. Leaves hair soft and tangle free. I don't really notice if its made my hair shinier. It doesn't give me that extra "WOW" look. Doesn't help with toning down my frizzy, puffy hair either (that's why i won't be repurchasing). It's a so-so shampoo with the conditioner. I'm looking forward to trying Redken, Matrix, and the new Neutrogena Triple Moisture Line

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2004 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Karralynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got the shampoo and conditioner for lighter brown hair. Although this does make my hair much softer, I haven't really noticed much shine. And HOLY CRAP does it stink. It smells like old-man-afterhave. Holding out for more shine. Makes my hair limp also.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2004 10:56:00 PM More reviews by CoverModel

I do like this shampoo. My hair is very soft after using this but I also noticed lots of shine and my brown color looks even better now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2004 12:59:00 PM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow!!! I noticed a huge difference after the first time I used this! I've been using it for about a week now, and my hair looks better than it has in 6 months. The smell of this is strangely intoxicating- coconuty yet caramely. I cant quit sniffing my hair after I use this. My hair doesn't feel quit so "squeaky clean" after I use this, so I know it has to be moisturizing. Very nice stuff, better than any salon product & cheap enough for me to use regularly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2004 5:48:00 PM More reviews by surfgal626

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't notice a difference at first after using this (although it does make my hair soft and manageable) but have received tons of compliments since I started using it. I also use the shine shock, conditioner and occasionally the finishing creme. They all smell great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2004 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Ame_Immortelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first, I was skeptical about this shampoo, but I decided try it because it was inexpensive. I bought the darker one, for chestnut to espresso shades.

I have my hair colored, so I'm always game to try something that helps keep it fresh-looking. This shampoo does a wonder job of cleaning my hair without stripping color or moisture.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2004 8:37:00 AM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really don't think that this is anything special. It does an okay job of cleansing but my hair was full of static after I used it.

I wouldn't purchase this again. I also thought it was a bit pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2004 12:57:00 AM More reviews by juicyjanna

Love! Love! Love! I have the one for darker brown hair, and it cleans remarkably well, leaving behind a subtle cocoa scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2004 2:45:00 PM More reviews by LedZep35

Marketing scam! Did nothing sepcial for my brunette hair.Just a typical drugstore shampoo that left my hair drys and fly away.I will stick with Nexxus my HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2004 11:43:00 AM More reviews by JaclynC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this shampoo. I have the one for lighter brunettes (Amber to Maple). I don't really notice any difference in color but it does make my dry hair shiny and soft! Best drugstore shampoo IMO.